Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Code Jockey posted:

Uhhh clearly it's Akiyama from Yakuza 4's spinoff game "Kamurocho Loan Tycoon"

The special edition contains a Move controller housing shaped like a set of brass knuckles

What are you talking about? It's the Tanimura/Date/Saya police action brawler. The pre-order bonues is right, though, except the Japanese edition also gets a nav controllet that looks like a nightstick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's an HD Remake of the Spice World PS1 game, you heard it here first

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca
The Paul Gale Network reports that a brand new Shaq Fu/ Jackie Chan Stuntmaster crossover is in the works. Co-op game play that mixes beat-em-up with the power of dunk.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Seriously thought if "PS3 exclusive you won't believe" means God of War 4 its time to sue them for false advertising. That they would stop the God of War franchise now, THAT is what I couldn't believe.

edit: Super Robot Wars OGS2 announced for publishing outside of Japan. THAT'S something I couldn't believe.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 29, 2011

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Maybe Namco/Bandai read my post about how there should be a reboot of Monster Party and realized how great an idea that is and I'm not even joking when I say a new Monster Party game would kick rear end.

But I don't care too much to speculate since we'll all find out anyway come December 11th.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tamagod Sushi posted:

The Paul Gale Network reports that a brand new Shaq Fu/ Jackie Chan Stuntmaster crossover is in the works. Co-op game play that mixes beat-em-up with the power of dunk.
Michael Jordan: Chaos in the Windy City DLC confirmed

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Seriously thought if "PS3 exclusive you won't believe" means God of War 4 its time to sue them for false advertising. That they would stop the God of War franchise now, THAT is what I couldn't believe.

"Hey guys, you know that very successful AAA IP with FIVE extremely well made and received titles across three PlayStation systems? Well hold on to your butts, cause WE'RE MAKING ANOTHER ONE!"

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Pablo Gigante posted:

Michael Jordan: Chaos in the Windy City DLC confirmed
Tales of Game's Presents Chef Boyardee's Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Tamagod Sushi posted:

Thank you for reminding me about Jackie Chan Stuntmaster :3:.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: Super Robot Wars OGS2 announced for publishing outside of Japan. THAT'S something I couldn't believe.

Let's take it a step further for stuff that'll never be released outside of Japan. "Super Robot Wars Z Complete" remake for the PS3 and it'll make it to the states. Come for the Gundam Wing, Gundam 00, Code Geass, and Gurren Lagann. Stay for the Getter Robo, Xabungle, VOTOMS, and Shin Mazinger. Of course, this assumes Banpresto will get off their rear end and TELL US WHEN SRW Z2-2 IS COMING OUT DAMNIT :argh:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Mercury Crusader posted:

Let's take it a step further for stuff that'll never be released outside of Japan. "Super Robot Wars Z Complete" remake for the PS3 and it'll make it to the states. Come for the Gundam Wing, Gundam 00, Code Geass, and Gurren Lagann. Stay for the Getter Robo, Xabungle, VOTOMS, and Shin Mazinger. Of course, this assumes Banpresto will get off their rear end and TELL US WHEN SRW Z2-2 IS COMING OUT DAMNIT :argh:
I assumed that they will release Masou Kishin 2, and then a few weeks later announce release dates for their upcoming games. Isn't that how it usually works?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Harlock posted:

It suffers a bit of lag, but I never thought it was honestly that bad.

By "lag" do you mean stupid crazy load times? I just bought it and it's taking like 5 or 6 seconds just to get into a menu. Maybe I should just emulate it...

Edit: it's even taking that long go into combat mode. Yuck.

EC fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 29, 2011

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:siren: Final Fantasy VII remake confirmed!!! :siren:

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
You can't just post that without providing a source.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Ooh come on now, you know there isn't one and never will be. This game is never ever being remade.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

I said come in! posted:

Ooh come on now, you know there isn't one and never will be. This game is never ever being remade.
Yeah, they can probably make more money just releasing side-quest type games set in its world, while at the same time avoiding the shitstorm that would happen no matter how they approached a remake.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

I can link you to some crazy guy cosplaying, I guess. That counts for breaking news these days.

EC posted:

By "lag" do you mean stupid crazy load times? I just bought it and it's taking like 5 or 6 seconds just to get into a menu. Maybe I should just emulate it...

Edit: it's even taking that long go into combat mode. Yuck.
Yes, that's what I meant. I found it playable, some people absolutely don't.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, they can probably make more money just releasing side-quest type games set in its world, while at the same time avoiding the shitstorm that would happen no matter how they approached a remake.

Yeah, plus it's no small undertaking to have to redo all of the textures and models used in the game and redo FMV cutscenes, possibly adding some more in places where a more involved cutscene would work better.

Also, even if all they did was improve the graphics and opt to leave the combat system and materia completely alone, people would probably bitch that it's not as good as the original because they don't realize it hasn't aged very well at all.

Oh who am I kidding, more people would complain that Sephiroth's hair isn't as flowy as in their five page fanfiction describing him with every word they could find in a thesaurus.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Actually, I think given the end of God of War 3 (Kratos was the apocalypse, nothing remains on Earth) I think a sequel would actually be something shocking because where the heck would they go with the storyline?!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I thought God of War 4 was all but confirmed at this point, so that's what i'm expecting it to be.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

I said come in! posted:

I thought God of War 4 was all but confirmed at this point, so that's what i'm expecting it to be.

Wasn't it leaked on the Mexican PS3 Facebook that they were hiring for it?

Rakanakle
Mar 17, 2009

MUFFlNS posted:

Actually, I think given the end of God of War 3 (Kratos was the apocalypse, nothing remains on Earth) I think a sequel would actually be something shocking because where the heck would they go with the storyline?!

The world will probably be reformed or something. All those souls flying around have to go somewhere. Since ~*hope*~ is some kind of tangible power at the end they'll probably just use that to explain it.

edit: Also Athena ascended to some higher realm they never explained so that would be a way for them to bring back everyone Kratos has killed.

Rakanakle fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 29, 2011

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I thought for a while that they may try to have a different main character, but now I doubt that, GoW and Kratos the character are kind of bound together I think.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Does anyone know offhand how big the Starhawk Beta download is?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I know I'm a little late, but they really did a phenomenal job on the MGSHD collection. All 3 of the games look and play great. My only minor quibble is that the aiming sensitivity on MGS2 is through the roof.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Finally rented AC Revelations off Redbox. Time to see just how disappointing it is.

Also, regardless of money spent on stuff like redone graphics and voice acting, wouldn't Square save a lot of cash through an FF7 remake simply due to the fact that they wouldn't have to spend time creating new gameplay systems, story, designs, and whatnot? I''m wondering the same thing about that HD FF10 remake they announced, and I'm still curious if that's going to get a heavy visual overhaul or just be another high-res PS2 port.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yoshinori Kitase just did an interview this week about what he'd do with an FF7 remake while talking to Official Xbox Magazine Japan. I don't think Western media picked the story up, but I recall him saying "I wouldn't add/remove a thing"

vvv drat, I need to go back and grab a dictionary again. Thanks!

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 30, 2011

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-28-any-final-fantasy-7-remake-might-delete-things-add-elements

Actually, it's the opposite. He'd love to go back and make 'improvements', any of which I'm sure would an incredibly whiny uproar.

Hypothetically, the remake should have enough selectable settings to appease every fan. Like the two Secret of Monkey Island remakes, you should be able to toggle between the new visuals and the old ones, as well as turn off voice acting. Cloud should have every costume imaginable, from his Kingdom Hearts Vincent Valentine knockoff to his original blocky cardboad box self. The original translation should be available, and two voice tracks depending on whether you prefer Aeris or Aerith.

Instead, we will just get tie-ins to all the spin-offs, all of Cloud's dialogue re-written to match his current personality and Gackt shoehorned into every cutscene.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Come to think of it, I don't know if FF7 is considered a stand-out FF game in Japan. It is in the US I think mostly because it was the first one that had prime-time TV ads, but I don't know about over there.

edit: vvv that game got a US release? Who outside of Japan even cares about Gackt, or even Japan's whole genre of super super super pretty boy singers?

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Edit: ^^^^^ It did. I don't know how. It even still has that alternate costume and the unlockable videos and stuff. It's a pretty decent game, too, with some mechanics that make it play a little differently. He's got a decent following outside of Japan, especially recently in Europe (he's had at least two short tours there in the past couple years).

That loving Sned posted:

Instead, we will just get tie-ins to all the spin-offs, all of Cloud's dialogue re-written to match his current personality and Gackt shoehorned into every cutscene.
Game of the Year, every year.

Armor-Piercing fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 30, 2011

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Come to think of it, I don't know if FF7 is considered a stand-out FF game in Japan. It is in the US I think mostly because it was the first one that had prime-time TV ads, but I don't know about over there.

edit: vvv that game got a US release? Who outside of Japan even cares about Gackt, or even Japan's whole genre of super super super pretty boy singers?
I picked it up at Circuit City when it was going out of business for like $2. Money well spent.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows
I hope the Sony IP fighter we know we're all getting is styled along the lines of Bushido Blade instead of Smash Bros. I would love to chop Rico into pieces.

...please just make a good, new Bushido Blade. Deadliest Warrior does not cut it :colbert:.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

BlindNinja posted:

I hope the Sony IP fighter we know we're all getting is styled along the lines of Bushido Blade instead of Smash Bros. I would love to chop Rico into pieces.

...please just make a good, new Bushido Blade. Deadliest Warrior does not cut it :colbert:.

It doesn't even have to be that good. Just use the engine from Soldier of Fortune and replace the guns. Stupid CS-style knife fights would be amazing.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

KFCB posted:

"Hey guys, you know that very successful AAA IP with FIVE extremely well made and received titles across three PlayStation systems? Well hold on to your butts, cause WE'RE MAKING ANOTHER ONE!"

Boy, you guys sure are going to feel silly once they announce Gears of War 4 as a PS3 exclusive. :smug:

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

It doesn't even have to be that good. Just use the engine from Soldier of Fortune and replace the guns. Stupid CS-style knife fights would be amazing.

I'm getting all giddy just thinking about it.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

BlindNinja posted:

Deadliest Warrior does not cut it :colbert:.
I don't know - Deadliest Warrior with Slice Mode enabled comes really, really drat close to scratching that itch.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jamesman posted:

Does anyone know offhand how big the Starhawk Beta download is?

Anyone? I don't know if I'll have enough hard drive space for it and I don't want to waste the code.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Jamesman posted:

Anyone? I don't know if I'll have enough hard drive space for it and I don't want to waste the code.
it's 700,000 gb. Serious. I want that code with the longing of 1000 suns. If it doesn't work out for you, consider me?

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.

Feenix posted:

it's 700,000 gb. Serious. I want that code with the longing of 1000 suns. If it doesn't work out for you, consider me?

Check your PMs. Make sure to tell poor Jamesman how big the file is, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Policenaut posted:

Yoshinori Kitase just did an interview this week about what he'd do with an FF7 remake while talking to Official Xbox Magazine Japan. I don't think Western media picked the story up, but I recall him saying "I wouldn't add/remove a thing"

vvv drat, I need to go back and grab a dictionary again. Thanks!

After so many years I would be happy to just have it actually happen

• Locked thread