Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Since it's Christmas, let's not forget the Gap girls:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

raditts posted:

I noticed that Hyundai replaced Pamplemoose (aka Girl Justin Bieber) with some other wacky youtube-grown indie girl playing horrible music this year. At least this one is kind of pleasant to look at, I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpvS5VyrOVQ

Am I supposed to know who Jessica Frech is?

My god, that underbite, it looks like her jaw is trying to escape from her face.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

raditts posted:

I noticed that Hyundai replaced Pamplemoose (aka Girl Justin Bieber) with some other wacky youtube-grown indie girl playing horrible music this year. At least this one is kind of pleasant to look at, I guess.

As annoying as those Pomplamoose ads were, they were at least singing real songs and not ones about Hyundai specifically. These new ones are just annoying, and there's a radio campaign to go with them. Every time I hear it, I think it's for a grocery store until she says Hyundai.

100 Years in Iraq posted:

And every year when people report about new lovely holiday commercials, I am required to post this non-lovely holiday commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2vXgKCUZ3c . To this day I still say, "He can't have her, I love her!"

Oh, man, I remember that! What a good commercial. Ad agencies take note!

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

raditts posted:

Ugh, this loving commercial just came on my TV.

Hmmm..I thought this one was hilarious because I took it as a spoof of the Chrysler commercials with Eminem. In that context it's hilarious, but as a serious commercial it's loving awful. Now I don't know what to think.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Did I seriously just see a tourism add for the Gulf of Mexico sponsored by BP? :smithicide:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

DarklyDreaming posted:

Did I seriously just see a tourism add for the Gulf of Mexico sponsored by BP? :smithicide:

I think that and the Gulf Coast tourism ads are part of a settlement for the oil spill

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Nut Bunnies posted:

I think that and the Gulf Coast tourism ads are part of a settlement for the oil spill

I had a feeling, still it just seems tasteless to see a commercial saying "Come to the Gulf Coast, it's better than ever" and then at the end there's the BP logo

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Don't worry, I had the same reaction as you, at first, until I realized it was probably part of the settlement/their apology.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

raditts posted:

I first saw this when I was back home for thanksgiving and my mom and I both noticed that she isn't even trying to fake playing the guitar at the same time.

Loligo
Nov 27, 2007
I don't care if it's technically correct, if you're gonna focus this commercial on middle America, don't pronounce it that way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j8u9W7HSWI

We like our Scandinavian words like we like our women: simplified, Americanized, and with big fake tits.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
uh but the fact that "hypothetical other insurance company" is saying it means that they should should as wrong and unamerican about everything as possible.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Sash! posted:

Speaking of local and old and christmas, this not a bad commercial. In fact I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3NhDtfZmd0

Its been running literally my entire life. It turns 30 next year. Local or national, that's gotta be pushing some sort of record for longest run of a commercial.

BC Clark jewelers in Oklahoma City has been running this jingle since 1956: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LJBB65r-9o

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I'm trying to figure out which car ads raise my blood pressure more, the Chevy Volt one where they seem to be mocking the drat thing:

"It's electric?"
"Yeah electric."
"wow, electric?"
"Yeah."
"So if it's electric why do you need gas?"
"To drive more than 20 miles"

Or Nissan's "What if everything was gas powered?" ad, like electricity is this magical substance that comes from nothing but the greenest of sources. (OK I get the lack of exhaust/smog thing but still)

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Mr. Fowl posted:

Don't worry, I had the same reaction as you, at first, until I realized it was probably part of the settlement/their apology.

Not only is the BP logo at the end jarring and weird, but it's kinda odd in a way to have a big "Come to the Gulf Coast!" ad campaign without a single mention of Texas. The spill didn't have as much of an immediate impact on Texas, but still.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Since the theme is energy lately. The drat natural gas commercials. Yeah sure it can do a lot but its not this super clean endless source of energy that will bring thousands of jobs to the areas. I live in a town that has a lot of natural gas and oil and it loving smells, gets in the ground water and in the ground.

Its mostly just how smug they came off, its just like the corn syrup ones.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

I'm trying to figure out which car ads raise my blood pressure more, the Chevy Volt one where they seem to be mocking the drat thing:

"It's electric?"
"Yeah electric."
"wow, electric?"
"Yeah."
"So if it's electric why do you need gas?"
"To drive more than 20 miles"

Or Nissan's "What if everything was gas powered?" ad, like electricity is this magical substance that comes from nothing but the greenest of sources. (OK I get the lack of exhaust/smog thing but still)

At least the Volt ones are mildly funny.

"But it's got a gas tank"
"It's got an electric tank here"
"Electric tank? Really? Is that where you pour the electricity in?!"

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
Apple seems to have returned to showing teens dancing to a lovely indie song to sell iPods. It plays every commercial break and I'm already sick of it on the first day.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

BC Clark jewelers in Oklahoma City has been running this jingle since 1956: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LJBB65r-9o

That art has to be pushing 40 too. Geez.

Cathis
Sep 11, 2001

Me in a hotel with a mini-bar. How's that story end?
I hate, hate, hate this Tj Max/Marshall's/Whatever commercial. Hate it. It's so.. so.. Old navy, without the self-deprecation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp65078XR-0

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I've never really minded hipsters. Fads just as stupid come and go all the time. But now I kind of hate them, because this commercial has been coming on Comedy Central non-stop. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwR5Us_bBKc

The song that sounds like it's ripped from a Kid's Bop album is annoying, but whatever. Everyone is wearing dumb clothes, but whatever, kids always wear dumb clothes. But some sort of irrational hatred makes its way into my head every time the kid at the end of the commercial jumps down out of nowhere and decides the best thing to do after landing in the white void is to spin around like a mental patient trying to look into his own butthole.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

And every year when people report about new lovely holiday commercials, I am required to post this non-lovely holiday commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2vXgKCUZ3c . To this day I still say, "He can't have her, I love her!"

That entire commercial I was waiting for the robot to poke someone's eye out with its nose.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Moon Monster posted:

That entire commercial I was waiting for the robot to poke someone's eye out with its nose.

It makes me wish that Wafflebot was a real product. :smith:

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

Professor Wayne posted:

I've never really minded hipsters. Fads just as stupid come and go all the time. But now I kind of hate them

Giving people who dress like Soviet thrift-store retards a label is just wrong. I learned this from the a/t hipster thread.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Professor Wayne posted:

I've never really minded hipsters. Fads just as stupid come and go all the time. But now I kind of hate them, because this commercial has been coming on Comedy Central non-stop. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwR5Us_bBKc

It really is getting a terrible amount of airplay. Between that and the smug iPhone spots, I'm really starting to hate Apple's marketing department more than I already did -- and that's saying something.

I wasn't really sure if those kids were hipsters, and I'm trying as hard as I can to keep and open mind about stuff because I'm getting older and was never fashion-forward (t-shirt and jeans all my life makes shopping a few-minute affair), but they really do look like a bunch of hobos that have enough money to buy an iPhone without the phone. Each outfit seems worse than the previous as they just dogpile on top of each other in a never-ending mess of retardation.

They may not be hipsters, but whatever they are shouldn't be given air time. Who thinks dressing like that is a good idea?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

SamBishop posted:

It really is getting a terrible amount of airplay. Between that and the smug iPhone spots, I'm really starting to hate Apple's marketing department more than I already did -- and that's saying something.

I wasn't really sure if those kids were hipsters, and I'm trying as hard as I can to keep and open mind about stuff because I'm getting older and was never fashion-forward (t-shirt and jeans all my life makes shopping a few-minute affair), but they really do look like a bunch of hobos that have enough money to buy an iPhone without the phone. Each outfit seems worse than the previous as they just dogpile on top of each other in a never-ending mess of retardation.

They may not be hipsters, but whatever they are shouldn't be given air time. Who thinks dressing like that is a good idea?

I'm quite a bit older than the average poster on this forum ( :corsair: ). Kids/young people have always dressed retardedly and looked like poo poo, it just gets more apparent the further you get from it. Things I've personally lived through:

Bell bottoms and polyester everything. Not the nice polyesters that mimic natural fabric, but the heavy, melt-to-your-skin-in-a-fire poo poo.

Parachute pants, padded shoulders and "new-wave" haircuts (jesus gently caress those things were ugly), plus bangs that stood straight up like There's Something About Mary except not with jizz.

Pants so loose that the dipshits wearing them had to hold them up with one hand. Also "grunge."

Now kids wear skinny jeans and don't cut their hair. Whatever, gently caress it. Although I am amused whenever I see a kid dressed like a punk and want to tell them I saw people dressing exactly like that 25 years ago. poo poo, they probably got that jacket at a thrift store from some person who found it in their closet and anonymously dropped it off in the middle of the night.

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'
This old Navy Critter Hats commercial is the creepiest thing I've ever seen.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

I'm quite a bit older than the average poster on this forum ( :corsair: ). Kids/young people have always dressed retardedly and looked like poo poo, it just gets more apparent the further you get from it. Things I've personally lived through:

Bell bottoms and polyester everything. Not the nice polyesters that mimic natural fabric, but the heavy, melt-to-your-skin-in-a-fire poo poo.

Parachute pants, padded shoulders and "new-wave" haircuts (jesus gently caress those things were ugly), plus bangs that stood straight up like There's Something About Mary except not with jizz.

Pants so loose that the dipshits wearing them had to hold them up with one hand. Also "grunge."

Now kids wear skinny jeans and don't cut their hair. Whatever, gently caress it. Although I am amused whenever I see a kid dressed like a punk and want to tell them I saw people dressing exactly like that 25 years ago. poo poo, they probably got that jacket at a thrift store from some person who found it in their closet and anonymously dropped it off in the middle of the night.

That kid would probably take it as some kind of compliment though.

Fashion trends are pretty much all about recycling stuff and old trends coming back over and over again every few years. Bell bottoms and big platform shoes have already come around again at least once. Skinny jeans started out in the 1950s and have been coming back pretty much ever since.

Personally I've noticed a lot of 80s/90s poo poo lately like slap bracelets, t-shirts with GIANT slogans on them (ala George Michael in Wham!), and neon colors that would make your eyes melt. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we see flannel shirts again if not already.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Hate the Samsung Galaxy ad mocking the Apple Hipster waiting in line for the iPhone, only to show their lovely product that nobody gives a gently caress about when it comes out.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

NaturalLow posted:

That kid would probably take it as some kind of compliment though.

Fashion trends are pretty much all about recycling stuff and old trends coming back over and over again every few years. Bell bottoms and big platform shoes have already come around again at least once. Skinny jeans started out in the 1950s and have been coming back pretty much ever since.

Personally I've noticed a lot of 80s/90s poo poo lately like slap bracelets, t-shirts with GIANT slogans on them (ala George Michael in Wham!), and neon colors that would make your eyes melt. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we see flannel shirts again if not already.

Dude flannel is way in

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Glenn_Beckett posted:

This old Navy Critter Hats commercial is the creepiest thing I've ever seen.

The one with the scrooges? Doesn't seem THAT creepy.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
So glad that douchebag from the Hanes commercial is back sticking his junk in MJ's face, but now he's got a new job as smug douchebag for Chase credit cards or something. Focus groups have proven: America loves douchebags!

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Rirse posted:

Hate the Samsung Galaxy ad mocking the Apple Hipster waiting in line for the iPhone, only to show their lovely product that nobody gives a gently caress about when it comes out.

What do you mean, I thought insulting potential customers is a great strategy!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Vicas posted:

Dude flannel is way in

I was totally thrilled when I noticed this.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Vicas posted:

Dude flannel is way in

Yeah, I don't really pay any attention to fashion trends beyond what I see when I glance over at the clothes while I'm buying other stuff.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Sorry but Samsung's ad making fun of Apple people is hilarious.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

Yeah if you don't like the Samsung "gently caress you Apple" ad then you're broken I guess.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Can we get a link to this Samsung ad? Don't believe I've seen it.

Anyway, whilst on Youtube, I can across this Australian BK ad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU4OZJDAlj4&feature=related

There's no way that's real...is it?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

Can we get a link to this Samsung ad? Don't believe I've seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVkH9Hgvda4 Here ya go

E: Holy poo poo

DJExile fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Dec 2, 2011

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

So glad that douchebag from the Hanes commercial is back sticking his junk in MJ's face, but now he's got a new job as smug douchebag for Chase credit cards or something. Focus groups have proven: America loves douchebags!

gently caress your observation. All I can see when those Hanes commercials come on is that MJ is trying to bring the Hitler stache back.

I can't get over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

DJExile posted:

E: Holy poo poo

What the gently caress did I just watch, and how the hell is it a commercial for a fast food joint?