Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

themummra posted:

What do you guys think of this monitor?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009306
I have a similar 23" acer and it's a cool monitor because the bezel and stand looks like a stealth fighter jet. Hope that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

BurnBlackJay posted:

I'll definitely check this out, thanks! Will the 8ms response time be okay for heavy gaming? (FPSes etc.)

Better deal for you today at Aria, the 23" model, from this year, for just £9 more:

http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/23%22+Dell+UltraSharp+U2312HM+Widescreen+IPS+LED+Monitor+?productId=46999

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
Just a heads up for those who ordered the 2412, calling up and canceling netted me an offer of an extra $20 off.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

I made the OP prettier and corrected some errors in the monitor list. As always, if you've got something you think should be added to the OP, let me know!

(or if you can make prettier banners and such, because those are pretty plain :effort:)

Also if anyone can think of a Christmas themed thread title, that'd be cool!

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
Monitor Megathread: Christmas Trees Look Greener in Wide Gamut
Monitor/Display Megathread: Rudolph’s Nose is LED-Backlit
Monitor/Display Megathread: Elves Flip Your Pixels
Monitor/Display Megathread: On the Naughty List? Twisted Nematic

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Factory Factory posted:

Monitor Megathread: Christmas Trees Look Greener in Wide Gamut
Monitor/Display Megathread: Rudolph’s Nose is LED-Backlit
Monitor/Display Megathread: Elves Flip Your Pixels
Monitor/Display Megathread: On the Naughty List? Twisted Nematic

I like that 2nd one; will see what else flows in then I'll shoot SWSP a PM at some point.

'Tis the season to be jolly and buy monitors :toot:

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

movax posted:

I like that 2nd one; will see what else flows in then I'll shoot SWSP a PM at some point.

'Tis the season to be jolly and buy monitors :toot:

Monitor Megathread: All I want for Christmas is an Ultrasharp

particle9
Nov 14, 2004
In the guide to getting dumped, this guy helped me realize that with time it does get better. And yeah, he did get his custom title.
Great job on the re-write/format of the OP!

I've been toying with my new u2412m the last couple of days so thought I would add my initial impressions.

It is MUCH brighter than my old 2007fp and even feels brighter then the u2410's I use at school, probably due to the LED backlight. On dark screens the light leak from the corners of the monitor took some getting used to. When I first turned on the monitor I thought it was going to be an issue, now after a day or two it's not bothering me as much. No dead pixels so that was great. The monitor is very light and fairly thin. Watching netflix/movies on it is great although I had to recalibrate it a bit from it's stock setting. I set my custom color options at R 96 G 93 and B 87 with brightness at 45 and contrast at 75. Even with these setting the monitor still feels cooler then my older monitor but I think it looks more accurate. Gaming has been great on it, absolutely zero ghosting. I haven't tried it out with my professional uses (digital art) so I could update this later. For $299 this thing is the must buy monitor I think. In terms of it vs a u2410 I think the u2410 has less extreme light shifts towards the edge of the monitor but in terms of color banding or anything like that no change. It also runs totally cool which I assume means it's saving me money on power.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
Where are you guys finding the U2412M for $300 (shipped?) The best I find now is $335 on Amazon Prime.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

INTJ Mastermind posted:

Where are you guys finding the U2412M for $300 (shipped?) The best I find now is $335 on Amazon Prime.

Cyber Monday / Black Friday

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008
U2312HM for $229 with free shipping: http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/dell-coupons-codes?c=us&l=en&cs=19

Was going to go for the U2412, but for this price, is there any reason to not go with the 23?

movax
Aug 30, 2008

bimmian posted:

U2312HM for $229 with free shipping: http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/dell-coupons-codes?c=us&l=en&cs=19

Was going to go for the U2412, but for this price, is there any reason to not go with the 23?

Unless you really want that extra inch of screen and extra 120 vertical pixels, I don't see why not.

INTJ Mastermind posted:

Recent deals because of Thanksgiving, but usually around November/December Dell Home/Small Business have mad coupons you can apply to them. Talking to a rep personally while ordering can usually knock another $20 off or so.

general chaos
May 20, 2001
I'm in the silly boat right now - hounding for a deal on a nice 3D monitor (I know I won't be able to get the greatest stereoscopic performance out of a 1 GB GTX 460, but I'm used to console graphics and don't really mind medium/low settings).

I know I'm probably being way too picky, but I've been looking for deals on some of the newer models that include support for HDMI 1.4a. I know it seems incredibly silly for me to want to pay an extra $150 for the ability to use a cable that actually has more restrictions than dual-DVI. Especially when I'll probably only use it to play a few PS3 games like Shadow of the Colossus.

Any opinions on active-shutter vs. some of the newer polarized sets?

Bah - I'll probably end up buying the Asus model recommended in the OP from a retailer with a generous return policy in case the 3D effect ends up making me vomit.

particle9
Nov 14, 2004
In the guide to getting dumped, this guy helped me realize that with time it does get better. And yeah, he did get his custom title.

INTJ Mastermind posted:

A few people on HardOCP also said if you call and order two you can haggle Dell to get them to you for 300 each, might be worth a try.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

general chaos posted:

Any opinions on active-shutter vs. some of the newer polarized sets?
In theory, the ability to produce convincing 3D images is more or less independent of what technology they use. However, at the moment the vast majority of 3D monitors are of the nVidia (active) types. Older polarized (anaglyph) style passive displays have color-shift issues, while the others, like those from iZ3D, require two monitor inputs (as in, takes 2x DVI ports from your card) and has its own problems. Also, unlike the TV equivalents, the nVidia active-shutter glasses are relatively light, so there's less comfort concern. Still, for long (2+ hour) 3D sessions, polarized sets are probably going to be a bit more comfortable.

This review has a pretty good review of one of the polarized sets, and should give you an idea of the pros and cons of them.

Apocalypse Please
May 7, 2007

Is you takin' notes on a criminal fuckin' conspiracy?!
I ordered a U2312HM on 11/22 with 7 day shipping for $230 + tax and it still hasn't been delivered. I called up UPS and they apparently lost the package in a wrong zip code. According to their site, it was already in my city on Monday (4 days ago). Awesome.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
^^^Wow, that sucks rear end dude. Hopefully you can get the situation resolved soon.^^^

My 8 year old Samsung 191T Syncmaster LCD monitor finally bit the dust I think. It is not able to detect my video card when I plug it in via DVI cable. Had no issues 5 days ago, but suddenly it won't work anymore :(

Going to look for another LCD monitor for around $250-$300. Kind of a bitch because majority have crappy speakers already attached, which I don't want. Googling "without speakers" for suggestions yields a lot of monitors with speakers. Googling "no speakers" seems to do better.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Depends on what you are looking for. If I was shopping for a 19:10 monitor, Dell UltraSharp would be what I'm hunting for. They do occasionally have some good deals on them.

Personally at work I have 3 24" Asus monitors, and I have no complaints. I don't do any gaming on them, but so far they have been rock solid. (16:9 though)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236112

For the rest of our users, the go to monitor is a 23" Acer (also 16:9) and we rarely have any problems with them.

:ninja: edit: Acer's warranty policy is pretty nice as well, never have had a problem getting one serviced.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

I play flight sims, and shooters with long-distances involved like Battlefield and Arma.

I'm using an HP ZR24w.

Other than cost, is there a reason not to buy a big loving monitor with a very high resolution (Like the 30" version of what I have) so it takes up a good portion of my actual view, then set the game FOV to whatever FOV the monitor's actually using so I can see distant objects in high detail? My 24" is only taking up about 50-60 degrees, which is too cramped to set game FOV to.

Multi-monitors is another, probably more common solution, but I can't see how the split in the middle wouldn't be a huge distraction.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
Your graphics card might not be able to handle the 160,000 x 90,000 resolution you need to replicate your full 160 degree FOV to perfect sharpness?

Edit: Because your peripheral view is much less sharp than central view, perhaps you can save on the graphics hardware requirements if you add a head clamp to your chair, and some local anesthetic + eye hooks to prevent any unwanted movement.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice

Dominoes posted:

I play flight sims, and shooters with long-distances involved like Battlefield and Arma.

I'm using an HP ZR24w.

Other than cost, is there a reason not to buy a big loving monitor with a very high resolution (Like the 30" version of what I have) so it takes up a good portion of my actual view, then set the game FOV to whatever FOV the monitor's actually using so I can see distant objects in high detail? My 24" is only taking up about 50-60 degrees, which is too cramped to set game FOV to.

Multi-monitors is another, probably more common solution, but I can't see how the split in the middle wouldn't be a huge distraction.
What videocard do you have? If you have (or are willing to buy) an AMD card, you can do Eyefinity, which is designed to stretch games across multiple monitors. Three decent 23" 1080p IPS monitors would be cheaper than a single huge monitor, you don't have a bezel in the middle of your field of view, and the AMD drivers can even do bezel compensation (which makes the bezel block some of the field of view so geometry stays consistent between monitors.) You'd probably need at least a Radeon HD 6950 2GB to play anything modern at 5760x1080, but that would look pretty drat immersive.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Alereon posted:

What videocard do you have? If you have (or are willing to buy) an AMD card, you can do Eyefinity, which is designed to stretch games across multiple monitors. Three decent 23" 1080p IPS monitors would be cheaper than a single huge monitor, you don't have a bezel in the middle of your field of view, and the AMD drivers can even do bezel compensation (which makes the bezel block some of the field of view so geometry stays consistent between monitors.) You'd probably need at least a Radeon HD 6950 2GB to play anything modern at 5760x1080, but that would look pretty drat immersive.
Well, I have a 6950, with two DVI/HDMI ports and 4 displayports, theoretically could do six with my current setup.

I had no idea cheap IPS panels existed. Would that ASUS have poor image quality compared to my ZR24w? 3 might actually seem like a better setup, since other than some flight sims, since there's usually more going on in the horizontal plane than vertical, although the vertical space would be very cramped using a realistic FOV with that setup. edit: Actually, the ZR24w is now $400 on newegg, so getting two more sounds like a great solution.

I'm using HDMI-out to a receiver from my video card. As a result, I have a "phantom" monitor desktop space. However, when I plug in two additional real monitors, will I be able to tell Eyefinity not to use the receiver as one of the 3 in the panorama? I'm playing with the AMD CCC eyefinity thing now with my "2" monitors, and it actually looks like you can pick which ones and how to lay them out, so this should be no factor, but confirmation would be appreciated. Edit: Actually, looks like there might be a problem: The HDMI audio out only works in "extended" or "duplicate" modes displays mode, and eyefinity can't work with extended displays. I can't use duplicate, because my receiver only supports 1920x1080, forcing the monitor to it as well. I've given up on a more eloquent solution of having the card output HDMI audio ONLY, since it and the previous 4890 card I had have done this for years, and so few people use HDMI audio from a computer, it's difficult to find a solution, and the only consequence is getting the mouse lost on the right side of the desktop if I push it there. Need to determine if this will be a problem before pressing.

Dominoes fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 4, 2011

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Keep in mind you're limited to a maximum of two legacy (DVI/HDMI) monitors, so you'll need at least one Active mini-DisplayPort to DVI adapter, but the inexpensive single-link ones are fine since you only need 1080p. I built a system with that Asus monitor and it looked fine, the viewing angles were definitely better than my TN panel, but I didn't get to spend as much time with it as I would have liked. Some of the Newegg reviews complained about backlight bleed but the one I got was fine in that sense. The base/stand works surprisingly well also, though you will need a level surface to put all three monitors on as it doesn't have much/any height adjustment.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Alereon posted:

Keep in mind you're limited to a maximum of two legacy (DVI/HDMI) monitors, so you'll need at least one Active mini-DisplayPort to DVI adapter, but the inexpensive single-link ones are fine since you only need 1080p. I built a system with that Asus monitor and it looked fine, the viewing angles were definitely better than my TN panel, but I didn't get to spend as much time with it as I would have liked. Some of the Newegg reviews complained about backlight bleed but the one I got was fine in that sense. The base/stand works surprisingly well also, though you will need a level surface to put all three monitors on as it doesn't have much/any height adjustment.
I have 4, non-mini display ports on my card, and the monitor supports Displayport, so I don't need an adapter, just two more Displayport cables. I could use three of them for the monitors, and one of the DVI/HDMI ports for the audio.

Does anyone know why Newegg has two ZR24ws, at different prices?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824176174
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824176165

It looks like there's an LED-lit updated ZR2440w that's only a little more expensive. Should I buy two of those instead of two ZR24ws?
What do the Promo prefix and Le suffix on this mean? It's Amazon Prime. Would I be better off with two ZR24ws for consistency between the screens?

Regarding my worry about lack of vertical space when using 3-monitor eyefinity with an appropriately-low FOV: I could put the monitors in portrait: It would have a 1.9 aspect ratio, still substantially wider than a single in landscape. Three in landscape is 4.8. One in landscape is 1.6. What is game support for these unusual combined resolutions like? Performance hits?

Dominoes fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Dec 4, 2011

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003

Dominoes posted:

Does anyone know why Newegg has two ZR24ws, at different prices?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824176174
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824176165
Doesn't appear to be any difference, other than one is pictured with an included HDMI cable and the other isn't. As far as I know, the ZR24W only was ever made in one version, so I have no idea why there'd be two. $500 is way too much for it, anyhow--you could get the U2410 for that. Even $400 is pushing it, since it's technically been replaced already. I mean, I can understand wanting uniformity, but the price-difference between another two ZR24Ws at that price and a pair of U2412Ms would be enough to buy a decent colorometer to calibrate the whole setup.

Dominoes posted:

It looks like there's an LED-lit updated ZR2440w that's only a little more expensive. Should I buy two of those instead of two ZR24ws?
What do the Promo prefix and Le suffix on this mean? It's Amazon Prime. Would I be better off with two ZR24ws for consistency between the screens?
There aren't any real good reviews of it out yet, but just looking at the price (and knowing it's another 6-bit panel), I'm not really expecting it to do anything that the U2412M can't, and the Dell is $75 cheaper to boot. I really have no idea what the Promo/LE notes are about. Quite honestly, it's real hard to compete with the U2412M in its market segment. If you absolutely have to retain 1920x1200, I'd stick with the ZR24W, since it was already a very good monitor and it doesn't look at first glance like the LED one does much besides swap in a LED backlight and swap out the 8-bit panel for a 6-bit one.

Dominoes posted:

Regarding my worry about lack of vertical space when using 3-monitor eyefinity with an appropriately-low FOV: I could put the monitors in portrait: It would have a 1.9 aspect ratio, still substantially wider than a single in landscape. Three in landscape is 4.8. One in landscape is 16:10. What is game support for these unusual combined resolutions like? Performance hits?
The performance hit is going to come from the total pixel count, and that's about it. Modern graphics cards and drivers don't really care too much about how exactly things are oriented. Portrait or landscape, the functional issue is that you're trying to push 1920x1080x3, not whether it's "tall" versus "wide." As for game support itself, some are certainly going to be happier about an Eyefinity setup than others--Battlefield or whatever is really quite good about it, but there certainly are some games which'll try doing stupid things like taking the 1920x1080 image and just stretching it because it's hard-coded to have that as the maximum resolution. You're more likely to find that on lovely console ports, though.

DrDork fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Dec 4, 2011

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

DrDork posted:

Doesn't appear to be any difference, other than one is pictured with an included HDMI cable and the other isn't. As far as I know, the ZR24W only was ever made in one version, so I have no idea why there'd be two. $500 is way too much for it, anyhow--you could get the U2410 for that. Even $400 is pushing it, since it's technically been replaced already. I mean, I can understand wanting uniformity, but the price-difference between another two ZR24Ws at that price and a pair of U2412Ms would be enough to buy a decent colorometer to calibrate the whole setup.

There aren't any real good reviews of it out yet, but just looking at the price (and knowing it's another 6-bit panel), I'm not really expecting it to do anything that the U2412M can't, and the Dell is $75 cheaper to boot. I really have no idea what the Promo/LE notes are about. Quite honestly, it's real hard to compete with the U2412M in its market segment. If you absolutely have to retain 1920x1200, I'd stick with the ZR24W, since it was already a very good monitor and it doesn't look at first glance like the LED one does much besides swap in a LED backlight and swap out the 8-bit panel for a 6-bit one.

The performance hit is going to come from the total pixel count, and that's about it. Modern graphics cards and drivers don't really care too much about how exactly things are oriented. Portrait or landscape, the functional issue is that you're trying to push 1920x1080x3, not whether it's "tall" versus "wide." As for game support itself, some are certainly going to be happier about an Eyefinity setup than others--Battlefield or whatever is really quite good about it, but there certainly are some games which'll try doing stupid things like taking the 1920x1080 image and just stretching it because it's hard-coded to have that as the maximum resolution. You're more likely to find that on lovely console ports, though.
Thank you for the feedback; I hadn't really looked at the Dell. Here it is on Amazon for $335. Would not having three of the same monitors be a noticeable problem?

Where I'm at now: I have a ZR24W and want two more monitors for eyefinity. Should I buy two more ZR24ws, two ZR2440ws, or two Dell U2412Ms?

Dominoes fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 4, 2011

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
Well, Amazon there only has 1 left in stock, but Dell has them for $350 shipped, and you might be able to convince them to price-match if you ask nicely. I would go with the U2412M if you can test out 1920x1080 on your current ZR24W and confirm that it works the way you'd want it to; I seem to remember it not having a scaler chip, and I forget exactly what it does with non-1920x1200 input. I will admit I'm not sure what Eyefinity would do with monitors that aren't the same size--it would be awesome if it would just adapt so that if you put it in portrait you'd get a 3360x1920 display (1080+1200+1080), but I really have no idea. It might force all your monitors to be the same resolution, which is why I'd suggest checking the ZR24W's treatment of 1920x1080. If it does work well, you can try to color-match them yourself with some online guides, and if it doesn't get it close enough for your tastes, a $100-$150 colorometer will match everything pretty well--and that's about what you'd save going with the U2412M over the ZR24Ws anyhow, so no real loss.

If it doesn't work well, or you just don't want to bother/chance it, then I'd stay with the ZR24W.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

DrDork posted:

Well, Amazon there only has 1 left in stock, but Dell has them for $350 shipped, and you might be able to convince them to price-match if you ask nicely. I would go with the U2412M if you can test out 1920x1080 on your current ZR24W and confirm that it works the way you'd want it to; I seem to remember it not having a scaler chip, and I forget exactly what it does with non-1920x1200 input. I will admit I'm not sure what Eyefinity would do with monitors that aren't the same size--it would be awesome if it would just adapt so that if you put it in portrait you'd get a 3360x1920 display (1080+1200+1080), but I really have no idea. It might force all your monitors to be the same resolution, which is why I'd suggest checking the ZR24W's treatment of 1920x1080. If it does work well, you can try to color-match them yourself with some online guides, and if it doesn't get it close enough for your tastes, a $100-$150 colorometer will match everything pretty well--and that's about what you'd save going with the U2412M over the ZR24Ws anyhow, so no real loss.

If it doesn't work well, or you just don't want to bother/chance it, then I'd stay with the ZR24W.
The ZR24W doesn't work 1920x1080 unless stretched, and I'd never run an LCD at a non-native resolution, or use different aspect-ratio monitors together in this setup. What does 1920x1080 have to do with this? All three monitors I'm looking at are x1200.

vvv thanks!

Dominoes fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 4, 2011

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003

Dominoes posted:

The ZR24W doesn't work 1920x1080 unless stretched, and I'd never run an LCD at a non-native resolution, or use different aspect-ratio monitors together in this setup. What does 1920x1080 have to do with this? All three monitors I'm looking at are x1200.
I woke up too early this morning and was crossing the U2412M (1920x1200) with the U2311H (1920x1080). Ignore my concerns about that part, and enjoy yourself some Ultrasharp goodness.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.
I have three 27" displays (2 Cinema Displays / 1 IMac) but recently I decided to split up my setup around my house. I will be using one of the cinema displays on a new gaming pc instead of the Mac Pro, but I am so used to multiple displays that I need a second display for IRC and music.

Are there any <22" solutions where I will get 106+ ppi? In the past I had a 23 inch 1080p display along side my cinema display and the scaling was annoying and hard on the eyes. If not I will take 21.5 suggestions.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Holy poo poo the U2312HM looks amazing in portrait mode.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Just pulled the trigger on on two [more] HP Zr24ws, monitor stands, and Displayport cables. Woohoo weekend impulse buys! Thanks to Alereon and DrDork for fueling my rampant consumerism.

Thelonious Monk
Apr 2, 2008

Life and music: all about style.
Whats the general consensus on the asus ml249?

http://ca.asus.com/en/Display/LCD_Monitors/ML249H/#specifications

okiedokie
Feb 23, 2004

a whale of a heart

MixMasterMalaria posted:

Just a heads up for those who ordered the 2412, calling up and canceling netted me an offer of an extra $20 off.

Did they send you notice that the delivery was going to be delayed and you called to cancel? I just got notice this morning that my U2412M will have to wait another week; wondering if they will knock off some $$ if I call to complain.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro
I'm sure this has been done to death, but I'm looking at the U2412M and reading some negative comments from reviewers about the ghosting. Is it really noticeable during gaming, or only if I'm a hyper-sensitive twitch gamer? For reference, I tend to play a lot of Red Orchestra 2 and Eve online, so it's not faster stuff like CS or Quake 3.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Nah, hell, I play Battlefield 3 (I'm not super pro or anything) and it's fine

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

movax posted:

(or if you can make prettier banners and such, because those are pretty plain :effort:)

I'm at work and I don't want to work. While mine are plain too I like minimal stuff & sexy fonts and Stag is a sexy(& Expensive) font. I also tried to emulate the screen glare that all stock photos of monitors contain, dunno if you'll like it or not but here they are;

Rest of them are in this image gallery; http://imgur.com/a/uD5HH

Also about monitors, I just built a gaming PC and get my final piece tonight, so I can finally boot this bitch up. Ended up getting Eyefinity but I don't have money for three new monitors yet, is there a big difference with the 120Hz monitors?

movax
Aug 30, 2008

RizieN posted:

I'm at work and I don't want to work. While mine are plain too I like minimal stuff & sexy fonts and Stag is a sexy(& Expensive) font. I also tried to emulate the screen glare that all stock photos of monitors contain, dunno if you'll like it or not but here they are;

Also about monitors, I just built a gaming PC and get my final piece tonight, so I can finally boot this bitch up. Ended up getting Eyefinity but I don't have money for three new monitors yet, is there a big difference with the 120Hz monitors?

Aw man, I love those! :woop: I'll switch over to them when I get home tonight, thanks a lot man! If you're still board at work, can you make a headline/banner "Display Megathread" to put at the very top of the OP?

120Hz monitors will feel more responsive yes (Anandtech review for the Asus VG236 ran it side-by-side with a 60Hz monitor which made it even more pronounced). I'd say the difference is up to you to quantify, but I objectively found my CRT @ 95-100Hz to be far smoother/responsive than LCDs at 60Hz. Being able to VSync at higher FPS was nice too.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast
Lovely, a little on the large side maybe, but nice nonetheless

vv haha, drat it, I edited that out because I thought it sounded bitchy, and I didn't mean to sound like I thought they were bad

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 5, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
^ Yea, I kept em the same width as the OP, but reduced the height a little on the taller ones. I would've saved as PNGs but I've been working on something for a client who demanded JPGs and my export settings were left on JPG... oh well.

Cool, glad you like em! Here's three variations (I like the first);

Or do you want a shorter, longer version?

I would totally rock three CRTs if they made them sleek and smooth/minimal like some LCDs, but I'm gonna need some desk space so I'll probably stick with the LCDs and just opt for the 120Hz models.

RizieN fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 5, 2011