Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Sloppy posted:

Thanks for the link, love it, although the music video was bizarre. EBM set against a backdrop of two guys fixing up a lovely old car :psyduck:

Maybe it serves as a metaphor for the current state of the genre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Sloppy posted:

Thanks for the link, love it, although the music video was bizarre. EBM set against a backdrop of two guys fixing up a lovely old car :psyduck:

There was a ton of old industrial videos of dudes just walking around burned out or abandoned factories, staring up into the sun or just looking into the camera. So you know, tradition.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

boo_radley posted:

There was a ton of old industrial videos of dudes just walking around burned out or abandoned factories, staring up into the sun or just looking into the camera. So you know, tradition.

It's not electro-industrial, but there's a Cruxshadows video which is about 2/3 the singer and violinist walking along some railroad tracks for no readily apparent reason. Absolutely nothing to do with the song, just we had this footage so whatever.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

boo_radley posted:

This is why we need more videos like "Spasmolytic" or "Testure".

e: The quality for "spasymolytic" is shite. Sorry. How about "Cracker" as an apology? Video heavily apes the style of those early TOOL videos though.

molotoveverything
Oct 18, 2010

boo_radley posted:

A few pics from the Straftanz/ VNV Nation show on Saturday.

Never heard of Straftanz before the show, but they were totally manic performers, jumping up and down, leading the crowd in chants & clapping, miming to the music, etc. They were pretty

Here's their song Turbo, which I quite liked.

The skull is made of popcorn, there's popcorn hand-grenades on the side banners. Slick graphics.

VNV had this superslick LED board up and running throughout the show.

"If a man my size can move like this, then all of you can do it, too!"

This was a real thing that occurred -- he got a couple shout outs from Ronan ("are you tweaking right now, mister... Pokemon? Sonic?") and wound up throwing the cap at Ronan, who put it on for a bit. By then I'd retreated to the bar and didn't get a picture of it.

A++ would see again.

Just saw them, I agree. Straftanz does a great job interacting with the crowd and they too were all over the place tonight. I didn't realize he was saying "turbo", I had some trouble understanding him :(

molotoveverything fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Nov 30, 2011

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Pope Guilty posted:

It's not electro-industrial, but there's a Cruxshadows video which is about 2/3 the singer and violinist walking along some railroad tracks for no readily apparent reason. Absolutely nothing to do with the song, just we had this footage so whatever.

Yep! Most bands apparently got a big old donut for video budgeting.

There was one old industrial-punk song called Emulsifier! that was just some dudes drinking and smoking cigars on a loading dock. Man, I wish I could remember who did that song.

Really the biggest change that F242 made to the genre was the inclusion of Giant Eggs and Titties to this video formula.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
It's funny how I went from really, really liking Combichrist when I got into electro-industrial, to currently thinking he's an absolute fuckwrench who can't write decent music unless he's working off of someone else's stuff.

Seriously, I can stand exactly two Combichrist-related tracks now: the Sascha Konietzko remix of Get Your Body Beat and his remix of FLA's Beneath the Rubble.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Pope Guilty posted:

The Cruxshadows are not a good example because Rogue is a goofball who would just do stuff like that. I remember a show here in Charlottesville where he randomly decided he needed to deliver one song from atop a ladder.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Sloppy posted:

Is it not industrial? I loved that poo poo :p

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

You might surprise yourself.
I did this only to make a few bucks from a horrible Alaskan goth zine, the owner filmed it and was so proud of his work.

http://youtu.be/U4bfSvepiVY

I was just as embarassed making it as you feel watching it but I really wanted a dub sack.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH
Just saw ohGr in Portland. It was pure chaos. I loved it. He rocked that stage. He played a lot of older stuff too, which made the crowd go loving insane. After the show, i saw him peeking from a balcony, so i did the "i see you" gesture to him and he got the biggest grin on his face and did it back. It was beautiful. He seemed very pleased with the audience.

for those of you not on the west coast: you're missing out on some great poo poo.

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

Dammit! I knew I should have skipped work for that.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Quirk posted:

I did this only to make a few bucks from a horrible Alaskan goth zine, the owner filmed it and was so proud of his work.

http://youtu.be/U4bfSvepiVY

I was just as embarassed making it as you feel watching it but I really wanted a dub sack.
I suppose that means you very incredibly embarassed while making it. What was that music? Why the hell was this made?

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
And why on earth would you post it?

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Hey everyone, I just wanted to pop in here and show off a poster I just had framed.

I've had it for a while, but didn't have a good place to put it. I just moved though, so I got to start over in terms of decoration, so this guy is now hovering over the sofa.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Wikipedia Brown posted:

Hey everyone, I just wanted to pop in here and show off a poster I just had framed.

I've had it for a while, but didn't have a good place to put it. I just moved though, so I got to start over in terms of decoration, so this guy is now hovering over the sofa.

It's a badass poster. I used to have one signed by cEv, Ogre, and Dwayne but sadly I never got around to framing it and eventually sold it.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Been listening to XTORT in the car lately. I usually prefer KMFDM's later, less guitar-driven stuff, but goddamn if that isn't a great album.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

spider_ross.avi posted:

Just saw ohGr in Portland. It was pure chaos. I loved it. He rocked that stage. He played a lot of older stuff too, which made the crowd go loving insane. After the show, i saw him peeking from a balcony, so i did the "i see you" gesture to him and he got the biggest grin on his face and did it back. It was beautiful. He seemed very pleased with the audience.

for those of you not on the west coast: you're missing out on some great poo poo.

I'm seeing this on Wednesday. Flying to loving Denver for it. I'm very happy it is an awesome thing.

Quote My Ass
Jul 17, 2006

i can handle this but i can't handle anything else

spider_ross.avi posted:

Saw him in Seattle on saturday and it was one of the best shows of my life. The venue was El Corazon which has notoriously bad sound but he wrecked the crowd and had one of the best mosh pits I've been in. When he played Minus everyone lost it.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
drat it, you guys are making me jealous about the West coast exclusivity of the tour. Come to NYC, Ogre! We always go nuts for you here!

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

hatelull posted:

I'm seeing this on Wednesday. Flying to loving Denver for it. I'm very happy it is an awesome thing.

I just picked up my tickets for this.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Wikipedia Brown posted:

drat it, you guys are making me jealous about the West coast exclusivity of the tour. Come to NYC, Ogre! We always go nuts for you here!

Not before stopping in the Minneapolis!

Samael Jackson
Aug 26, 2008

POWER OF THE MACK DAD
I take back those bad things I said about skinny puppy. I do like the new album after hearing it a few times.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Quote My rear end posted:

Saw him in Seattle on saturday and it was one of the best shows of my life. The venue was El Corazon which has notoriously bad sound but he wrecked the crowd and had one of the best mosh pits I've been in. When he played Minus everyone lost it.

Seriously. The crowd in portland went nuts for Psychoreal and Minus, and even moreso for his like, 3 encores.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

spider_ross.avi posted:

Seriously. The crowd in portland went nuts for Psychoreal and Minus, and even moreso for his like, 3 encores.

I wish they'd come over to the East Coast. :smith:

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

No worries. If ohGr doesn't make enough cash off this short tour to extend the dates, Puppy will most certainly do a proper tour in the Spring in support of handOver.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Next year's gonna be sweet. All the old NDH favorites are activating again, check this poo poo out:

Megaherz
Single Jagdzeit on 23rd Dec this year (listen to both the single track and the B-side here!)
Album Götterdämmerung on 20th Jan

Eisbrecher
Single Verrückt on 20th Jan
Album Die Hölle muss warten on 3rd Feb

And, most importantly

loving OOMPH!
The new album Des Wahnsinns fette Beute is finally coming out "early next year". Can't wait :gizz:

Zaiquiri
Mar 14, 2007
Okay I must not be the only one who hasn't looked forward to a new Megaherz album for a while and hasn't enjoyed an Eisbrecher album since the release of their first one? Megaherz was alright, but they drifted into that generic German metal scene, and Eisbrecher was amazing on their first album, but then they allowed their live band members to help write songs and had the same result.

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:

Pope Guilty posted:

Been listening to XTORT in the car lately. I usually prefer KMFDM's later, less guitar-driven stuff, but goddamn if that isn't a great album.

One of my favs from them. Something very underground and progressive about it.. especially the darker tracks like Icons, Dogma and Wrath.

Jarl
Nov 8, 2007

So what if I'm not for the ever offended?
Wanted to find something new to get my eardrums going and thought "No Music Discussion" has helped me out before. Holy hell this thread is a goldmine. :black101:

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Was there ever a follow-up on Stefan Ackermann (of Das Ich) becoming seriously ill? I worry we'll never see another Das Ich release, they've been pretty silent about Koma for quite a long time AFAIK.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Furret Basket posted:

Was there ever a follow-up on Stefan Ackermann (of Das Ich) becoming seriously ill? I worry we'll never see another Das Ich release, they've been pretty silent about Koma for quite a long time AFAIK.

As far as I know, there hasn't been any news at all about him :( I really hope Ackermann is alright, but I guess if something serious would have happened we should know about it by now.

I hope :ohdear:

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Does anyone know how I can find, purchase or obtain this? Does anyone have a copy that I can buy? (It's a Cobalt 60 cover of Crush from Command and Conquer Red Alert.)

[edit]

Ooooo looks like I can at least get that cover on this Red Alert soundtrack/compilation second CD has Laibach, Prodigy and Project Pitchfork on it too. Haha, it's like it was made for me.

Babby Sathanas fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Dec 14, 2011

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Furret Basket posted:

Does anyone know how I can find, purchase or obtain this? Does anyone have a copy that I can buy? (It's a Cobalt 60 cover of Crush from Command and Conquer Red Alert.)

[edit]

Ooooo looks like I can at least get that cover on this Red Alert soundtrack/compilation second CD has Laibach, Prodigy and Project Pitchfork on it too. Haha, it's like it was made for me.

Haha, I love how random that collection of poo poo is. Just like that promo CD for Wing Commander: Prophecy with Cobalt 60, Fear Factory, Die Krupps, KMFDM, Das Ich, Project Pitchfork, Rammstein, etc. None of that poo poo is in or otherwise related to the game.

edit: aside from Cobalt 60, obviously, since they were basically Front 242: Electronic Arts Edition.

Shart Carbuncle fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 14, 2011

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Jarl posted:

Wanted to find something new to get my eardrums going and thought "No Music Discussion" has helped me out before. Holy hell this thread is a goldmine. :black101:
Cool! What's stuck out for you?

What kind of music have you previously been into?

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Wikipedia Brown posted:

Haha, I love how random that collection of poo poo is. Just like that promo CD for Wing Commander: Prophecy with Cobalt 60, Fear Factory, Die Krupps, KMFDM, Das Ich, Project Pitchfork, Rammstein, etc. None of that poo poo is in or otherwise related to the game.

edit: aside from Cobalt 60, obviously, since they were basically Front 242: Electronic Arts Edition.

That Wing Commander Prophecy CD sounds even more amazing. I wonder how hard that is to get hold of.

Jarl
Nov 8, 2007

So what if I'm not for the ever offended?

teethgrinder posted:

Cool! What's stuck out for you?

Combichrist - This poo poo Will gently caress You Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1T4lXfEfyQ
Necessary Response: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIYj1plkVWM
Velvet Acid Christ - Icon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8PTlEC-gU8
Mindless Faith - I'm Pretty Much hosed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg17yP-D1nc
Dead When I Found Her - Fixer Fixed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIuezTrDDzo
Eisenfunk - Pong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNAdtkSjSps
Zombie Girl - The Darkness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-1RS78drtc

teethgrinder posted:

What kind of music have you previously been into?

I would like to say that my musical taste is broad, but I think most people feel that way about themselves, and when you come down to it there will most definetly be som types of music you like more and some you like less.
I'll throw some bands on the table, since I'm in general not really that good at identifying genres anyway:
Pearl Jam
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Pink Floyd
Crystal Castles
Metallica
Rammstein
Hammerfall (it's just so much fun)
Infected Mushroom
Queen
Grateful Dead
MGMT
Rush
Depeche Mode
Fort Minor
Moby (not a band)

Unashamedly I also adore some of the happy-go-lucky music from the 90s. I.e. dance and bublegum dance, which is as pop as it gets. In that vein am I not frightened by disco. - I imagine people in this thread feeling ill by the mere thought.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Jarl posted:

Unashamedly I also adore some of the happy-go-lucky music from the 90s. I.e. dance and bublegum dance, which is as pop as it gets. In that vein am I not frightened by disco. - I imagine people in this thread feeling ill by the mere thought.

There is an awful lot of poppy synthpop that electro industrial fans like and clubs-play, some italo disco influences stuff and plenty of really silly club tracks that are about as sensible as things like Scooter and Aqua. Although some people pretend this is not the case.

Edit: If you like that Dead When I Found Her track then you should probably try out basically everything by Skinny Puppy. Although you most likely picked that up from the thread already.

Danger - Octopus! fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 15, 2011

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Jarl posted:

I would like to say that my musical taste is broad, but I think most people feel that way about themselves, and when you come down to it there will most definetly be som types of music you like more and some you like less.
I'll throw some bands on the table, since I'm in general not really that good at identifying genres anyway:

Rammstein
Depeche Mode
A lot of people feel that, but most aren't being honest with themselves. Or their definition of broad is "anything on the radio". Anyway, this 'genre' isn't a huge stretch from Rammstein and Depeche Mode.

Based on everything you listed, I suggest you give Project Pitchfork another look. Rammstein got their break by touring with them.

(Eon:Eon I think is the best overall album, but their biggest hit is Timekiller, and there are great songs all throughout their career.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Danger - Octopus! posted:

There is an awful lot of poppy synthpop that electro industrial fans like and clubs-play, some italo disco influences stuff and plenty of really silly club tracks that are about as sensible as things like Scooter and Aqua.

DUDE dude, don't you dare say anything even remotely mean about Aqua.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

the

Hahaha I can't believe this disgraceful thing has a video.