Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.

PalmTreeFun posted:

The idea is so that people can't just take his code and modify it as they please

Which is what happens anyway, and (arguably) what Minecraft thrives on. So there's no real point to the obfuscation, except for bullshit piracy reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
I was just saying that YogBox (which has a very nice installer) hadn't updated to 1.0, but now it has. From the modding thread:

Pudding Huxtable posted:

:megaman: YogBox 1.0.0 v1.0! :megaman:

Here it is, something to make your vanilla Minecraft into a chocolatey sundae (again).

List of current mods:
    -Airships
    -DynamicHeight
    -Risugami's Mods
    -DaftPVF's Mods
    -Convenient Inventory
    -Inventory Tweaks
    -Millenaire
    -Mo' Creatures (plus GuiAPI)
    -More Health RPG
    -Pfaeffs Mod
    -Rei's Minimap
    -Somnia
    -Tale of Kingdoms
    -Treecapitator

Download links:
http://skylands.goonygoon.com/YogBox_1.0.0_v1.0.zip
http://www.phoenixscripts.com/mirrors/minecraft/YogsCast/YogBox_1.0.0_v1.0.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?29qjpdut6qfx8rr

Oh and for those who are too impatient:

Bonus secret end of the end credit image!

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Does dynamicheight alter where ores will spawn in proportion to the world height? i.e., if I go to a 256 world, will diamonds spawn anywhere below level 40?

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Dwayne Bensey posted:

the best buildings in Minecraft are ones that are subtly impressive and yet don't look like whoever built it lost a weeks worth of sleep over it (I mean that in the best way possible).
This is why I love WorldEdit - megastructures can be done in very little time at all. I tore down the office building I made before and built an arcology instead.

The golf-tee aesthetic was not intentional, but I've run with it.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
His new position plus the fact that he said he will start on the modding API ASAP plus the fact that he is hiring another programmer soon = gently caress yes.

ArfJason posted:

I really like notch and still think this is amazing. Though, I can't shake the feeling that people will eventually hate jeb_ too.

We cannot know at this point, of course, but seeing as jeb_'s track record on Twitter is much more professional, he would need to snap pretty badly or add/change something in a nonsensical way. But so far nothing implies that he will.

Dwayne Bensey
Jan 7, 2010
When the API comes out, will we start seeing total conversion mods of Minecraft? It might be kind of cool to see what other people can do with the base game.

Fledgling Gulps posted:

You don't have PM's so here you go

https://rapidshare.com/files/4136067444/New_World.7z

Thanks! :)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I want to make a dark train tunnel. Is there something I can lay tracks on that will stop spawning? Obviously the half-tile trick won't work.

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Crosscontaminant posted:

This is why I love WorldEdit - megastructures can be done in very little time at all. I tore down the office building I made before and built an arcology instead.

The golf-tee aesthetic was not intentional, but I've run with it.

Creating megastructures in survival using worldedit in my mind completely negates the point of survival. Why not just play creative at that point?

Dwayne Bensey
Jan 7, 2010

MikeJF posted:

I want to make a dark train tunnel. Is there something I can lay tracks on that will stop spawning? Obviously the half-tile trick won't work.

You could try digging 2 or 3 deep trenches either side of the track. It's not guaranteed to work, but if the mob moves much at all, there's probably a good chance that they'll fall down there.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Senator Woofington posted:

Creating megastructures in survival using worldedit in my mind completely negates the point of survival. Why not just play creative at that point?

Who says he isn't?

Willie Trombone
Feb 13, 2004

MikeJF posted:

Maybe not lay tracks on, but if the tunnel is going to be completely dark anyway, you can simply fill the space above the tracks with blocks that won't suffocate the player, such as half blocks, stair blocks, fences, fence gates, piston heads, etc.

edit: Wait, I can't remember, but this would still allow spider spawning, wouldn't it?

Willie Trombone fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Dec 3, 2011

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Willie Trombone posted:

Maybe not lay tracks on, but if the tunnel is going to be completely dark anyway, you can simply fill the space above the tracks with blocks that won't suffocate the player, such as half blocks, stair blocks, fences, fence gates, piston heads, etc.

edit: Wait, I can't remember, but this would still allow spider spawning, wouldn't it?

Well a one track tunnel would only be 1 block wide, spiders wouldn't fit. If you had it 3 blocks wide for two tracks and redstone torches (for powered rail) in the middle, placing full blocks every other block down the middle leaves you with no 2x2 areas for the spider to spawn on.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Senator Woofington posted:

If you're cheating, it's way easier to manage the standard inventory with TooManyItems to the side. Otherwise you only get your hotbar to store items unless you click a crafting table.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
so I stopped playing shortly after thunderstorms were added im pretty sure? And now the game's "officially released" so what's happened between then and now?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
There is now a bug that keeps some people from being about to connect to servers.

Crackpipe
Jul 9, 2001

Brace posted:

so I stopped playing shortly after thunderstorms were added im pretty sure? And now the game's "officially released" so what's happened between then and now?

Endermen have been added so we have something to mod-out.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Crackpipe posted:

Endermen have been added so we have something to mod-out.

*enderman moves nuclear reactor, entire basement explodes*

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

PalmTreeFun posted:

*enderman moves nuclear reactor, entire basement explodes*

Your lovely nuclear reactor mod should've added the reactor blocks to the list of blocks the Enderman won't touch.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

pseudorandom name posted:

Your lovely nuclear reactor mod should've added the reactor blocks to the list of blocks the Enderman won't touch.

I didn't know there was a list of blocks they wouldn't touch, geez. I was just making a joke.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
Tactile sensitivity, along with avoidance of eye-contact, is quite common in children with Asperger's Syndrome.

Clockwork-Ringtail
Feb 28, 2007

The Sparky Madgirl

feigning interest posted:

Tactile sensitivity, along with avoidance of eye-contact, is quite common in children with Asperger's Syndrome.

So the Endermen really are the members of the minecraft forums, represented in game.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Clockwork-Ringtail posted:

So the Endermen really are the members of the minecraft forums, represented in game.

Impossible. Endermen are tall and slender, and found outside more often than not.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Forming rigid social behavioral traits such as pointing out the obvious and expressing the use of metaphors that only mean something to the speaker, or herein, the poster quoted above are also quite common.

Another rather specific trait may include repeating sections of text or phrases spoken before, such as the punchline of a joke, that the speaker believes went unnoticed the first time it was said regardless of its reception by others.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Sounds like the average Minecraft player. :smugdog:

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
I must be the only one that would like to see endermen be real aggressive in moving existing blocks to build something of their own. I'd just like to go down in a cave and mine and explore for a couple days, then come back to find that part of my castle may have been turned into a creepy shrine of some sort. I do understand that people put a lot of time into their creations though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah, Endermen moving blocks and then just putting them down wherever the hell they want isn't really that interesting. Having them be able to build their own structures would require some AI trickery, but I'm sure Notch Jeb will be able to competently handle coding it.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Endermen moving blocks so far has resulted in one of them teleporting into my secure area and placing a dirt block (with grass) in the middle of the floor. The biggest thing I notice is when they take out a single block of tree, which just looks stupid.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
So no one actually has a serious answer :smith:

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.

Elysiume posted:

The biggest thing I notice is when they take out a single block of tree, which just looks stupid.
Thankfully they don't do that in 1.0.0.

Brace posted:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Brace posted:

You should just refer to Minecraft's version history if you want an answer to your question. It'll give you a more detailed list of what's come and gone since you left.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I think Endermen really just need the time they spend holding a block before placing it shrnak significantly. It seems like they only manage maybe one or two blocks each a night.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

What if they have sincere feeling for the block? How can you judge?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

I think it would be hilarious if Endermen would smash windows instead of removing blocks. Just run around, smashing any windows they can get to.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I think it would be hilarious if Endermen would smash windows instead of removing blocks. Just run around, smashing any windows they can get to.

DO THE RIGHT THING

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

CJacobs posted:

Yeah, Endermen moving blocks and then just putting them down wherever the hell they want isn't really that interesting. Having them be able to build their own structures would require some AI trickery, but I'm sure Notch Jeb will be able to competently handle coding it.

I for one would love to see crazy-rear end patchwork endervillages.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
If the Endermen build structures they should be in The End. Shrines to the Enderdragon made out of dirt, wood, and sand.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Fortis posted:

If the Endermen build structures they should be in The End. Shrines to the Enderdragon made out of dirt, wood, and sand.

I know what Notch would call these patchwork structures... Enderigged :unsmigghh:

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I really want some kind of means in the regular game of creating zones where monsters can't spawn without using lights. Like some idol you have to either find or build, which you can place in a town area or your base or something, and then you don't have to worry about overdoing it on torches or having a creeper spawn in an area because of one glitched minor patch of dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Times posted:

I really want some kind of means in the regular game of creating zones where monsters can't spawn without using lights. Like some idol you have to either find or build, which you can place in a town area or your base or something, and then you don't have to worry about overdoing it on torches or having a creeper spawn in an area because of one glitched minor patch of dark.
Creepers and poo poo kept spawning in the town on the multiplayer server I play on. The pile of poo poo that is creeper AI meant they kept randomly exploding. My only option was to make a fortress with multiple layers of defenses and blanketing the entire area with torches. It's safe, but lonely. :(