Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007

Harry Privates posted:

Does anyone here have a copy of You're A Woman, I'm a Machine by Death From Above 1979 they would be willing to sell? I have been looking for this for years and don't really wanna pay some ridiculous price. If anyone has a record store near them that they know has it, please please please get it for me and I will give you monies.

I'm not familiar with this band at all, but I think a record store near me has this. Looking at their discography, though, it looks like they released quite a few things with variations of the same cover so I can't guarantee that it was the pink cover and not one of the many 12'' singles with a different colored cover. Next time I'm in there I can check for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

I haven't posted any recent acquisitions in this thread in awhile.
Recently I've gotten:

Turbonegro- Scandinavian Leather
A Perfect Circle- Thirteenth Step
Viktor Vaughn- Vaudeville Villian
Black Keys- their new single
Coconut Records- Bored to Death Single
Joy Formidible- Whirring (RSD)
Girl Talk- Night Ripper

I don't remember if this was posted here or not, but if anyone wants a cheap display solution Ikea's picture ledges work great:

This is totally going on the wall tonight for having awesome cover art:

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Dancing Potato posted:

I'm not familiar with this band at all, but I think a record store near me has this. Looking at their discography, though, it looks like they released quite a few things with variations of the same cover so I can't guarantee that it was the pink cover and not one of the many 12'' singles with a different colored cover. Next time I'm in there I can check for you.

I would pretty much take anything of theirs $<50 for LPs <$20 for 7".

infinity2005
Apr 12, 2005
y halo thar lol

surc posted:

Just got home to find this had come in the mail for me. Ecstatic!

Ah i was surprised to scroll down and see this, i just got it too. I didn't think it was good as previous Rwina releases but it's still good; Swindle - Playground was one of my favourites this year.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007

Dancing Potato posted:

I would love you forever if they had the album. I don't have PM but you can email me brian.ahlm@gmail.com with whatever you find.

Handshake Drugs
Oct 21, 2010
One of my favorite bands is Sleater-Kinney, and last summer, I decided I wanted to collect their entire discography on vinyl. Received the last piece today:

Crap, just realized there's a 7" that came with the "One Beat" LP that I didn't include in the picture. Oh well, it's hidden inside.
I've also collected a few things from other bands the members have been a part of:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

What was the most expensive record in the S-K discography?

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009

Handshake Drugs posted:

One of my favorite bands is Sleater-Kinney, and last summer, I decided I wanted to collect their entire discography on vinyl. Received the last piece today:

Crap, just realized there's a 7" that came with the "One Beat" LP that I didn't include in the picture. Oh well, it's hidden inside.
I've also collected a few things from other bands the members have been a part of:

this entire post is awesome. how long did this take? just since last summer?

Handshake Drugs
Oct 21, 2010

alg posted:

What was the most expensive record in the S-K discography?

None of it was too bad actually. Call The Doctor was probably the most expensive LP and the One More Hour/Little Babies/Get up 7"s were the most because they came from Europe. If I remember correctly, I don't think I ever paid more than $25 for any of the records and most of them actually ended up being $10 or less.

LtTennisBall posted:

this entire post is awesome. how long did this take? just since last summer?

Thanks. Yup, I started with The Woods and then just went from there. Had all the LPs by the end of that summer and then it was just a matter of waiting for the 7"s to show up on ebay for a reasonable price.

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009

Handshake Drugs posted:

Thanks. Yup, I started with The Woods and then just went from there. Had all the LPs by the end of that summer and then it was just a matter of waiting for the 7"s to show up on ebay for a reasonable price.
S-K are a wonderful band. I've been trying to do the same thing with two of my favorite bands (The Smashing Pumpkins and Modest Mouse) but, as some other posters can attest, it is very cost prohibitive...

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Handshake Drugs posted:

None of it was too bad actually. Call The Doctor was probably the most expensive LP and the One More Hour/Little Babies/Get up 7"s were the most because they came from Europe. If I remember correctly, I don't think I ever paid more than $25 for any of the records and most of them actually ended up being $10 or less.

That's awesome :3: I would love to have a collection like that, I've not really liked any of their new projects at all.

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

Handshake Drugs posted:

Didn't know the Spells were Sleater-Kinney related. Never really liked that EP though

Pious Pete
Sep 8, 2006

Ladies like that, right?

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I don't remember if this was posted here or not, but if anyone wants a cheap display solution Ikea's picture ledges work great:

Another cheap/easy solution is to use command strips at the top and bottom and then slide the album in and out. Easy on walls for dorms and apartments too.

Handshake Drugs
Oct 21, 2010

Farts Domino posted:

Didn't know the Spells were Sleater-Kinney related. Never really liked that EP though

Mhm, It's a collaboration between Carrie Brownstein and Mary Timony, who now play together in Wild Flag along with Janet Weiss, so I'd consider it fairly S-K related.

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
I do backflips when you're not looking.
The best Sleater-Kinney related band and by best i mean the one i love the most was Excuse 17. They are sorely missing from your collection.

Handshake Drugs
Oct 21, 2010
Oh yes, I'm aware. Unfortunately, their records tend to go for higher prices than everything else and that's what's been holding me back. I've slowed down on my purchases because I recently had to spend quite a bit on repairs for my car.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Got my copy of Childish Gambino's Camp today. Beautiful double LP (I only thought it would be one disc, but the 4th side has 5 bonus tracks), awesome booklet and it was only $11!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Got my copy of Childish Gambino's Camp today. Beautiful double LP (I only thought it would be one disc, but the 4th side has 5 bonus tracks), awesome booklet and it was only $11!

So cheap! I'm going into work soon and I'm really hoping that we got a copy that no one wants to pick up.

h3xis
Dec 26, 2008

[...]

[...]

I feel like I've seen this mentioned on here before, but assuming you got that cubby-looking thing from Ikea, what's it called?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I went to pick up the new Black Keys album and it was sold out, but then they had the new White Stripes singles reissues. So it all worked out in the end.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.

h3xis posted:

I feel like I've seen this mentioned on here before, but assuming you got that cubby-looking thing from Ikea, what's it called?

Expedit.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

CPL593H posted:

I went to pick up the new Black Keys album and it was sold out, but then they had the new White Stripes singles reissues. So it all worked out in the end.

Kick rear end. I found a copy of Icky Thump today which I was very happy about. My first White Stripes LP, and also my favorite WS album. Really want to find GBMS one of these days...

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Anyone received their Neutral Milk Hotel box set yet?

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009

cheese eats mouse posted:

Anyone received their Neutral Milk Hotel box set yet?

NMH Records posted:

Hello Friends,

The box sets are done and being sent to us in waves. We will begin shipping them out early this week. Please keep in mind that we will be sending out copies in the order we received them, so arrival times will vary. We apologize for the delay. We added an insert to hold all the records and posters in place, but when the pressing people shipped the first copies to us, the insert turned out to be a bit more delicate than we had anticipated, and unfortunately was getting torn in transit. Thus we have had to experiment with different ways of shipping the box so that in the end it will arrive to you in pristine condition. We know that you've waited a long time for this and we sincerely appreciate not only your patience, but also the good faith that you have placed in us by supporting this project!

Take care-

Artoria Gibbons---NMH Records

to answer your question, soon!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Kick rear end. I found a copy of Icky Thump today which I was very happy about. My first White Stripes LP, and also my favorite WS album. Really want to find GBMS one of these days...

Honestly I wouldn't bother because it's going to cost you an obscene amount and it will sound no better than the CD. The word is always "Jack White's never going to release that!", but I think if we all wait long enough it will come. He's already reissued the first three albums as well as several rare singles. All of which got full analog remasters so they sound better than their more expensive original pressings.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Good point. A reissue seems like an inevitability to me.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Good point. A reissue seems like an inevitability to me.

I can get you a german bootleg for 40 bucks...

Not really worth it.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I can get you a german bootleg for 40 bucks...

Not really worth it.

I have a German (I think) bootleg that features every track from GBMS performed live at various events. It's pretty cool and it only cost about 18 dollars.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

edit: Nevermind, it appears that my information may have been faulty.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Dec 7, 2011

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

CPL593H posted:

I have a German (I think) bootleg that features every track from GBMS performed live at various events. It's pretty cool and it only cost about 18 dollars.

Yeah, I've seen that for cheap as well. This is just literally the album printed on coloured vinyl.

It does not sound as bad as you'd think but still. 'twas a gift v :D v

Regalia
Jun 11, 2007

theradiostillsucks posted:

Good news for metalheads: hot on the heels of Back on Black's reissue of Bolt Thrower's In Battle There is No Law, Metal Blade will be reissuing all of Bolt Thrower's Metal Blade albums (Mercenary, Honour Valour Pride and Those Once Loyal). Of course, the real coup would be for Earache to reissue the really classic albums that routinely fetch high prices, but I'll take what I can get, especially considering how consistent a band they are/were.

Thanks for the heads up! Got these limited editions yesterday.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools
Awesome! I'm guessing you're in Europe/ordered from Europe since they're colored vinyl? I wish I could go ahead and put in a preorder for the trio, but I've been suffering from a chronic case of broke-as-hell for the past few months.

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009

Regalia posted:

Thanks for the heads up! Got these limited editions yesterday.

I love Bolt Thrower's ridiculous, 40k inspired covers and themes. I can't get into their music though :(

m0therfux0r
Oct 11, 2007

me.
If we're on the topic of reissues of otherwise expensive-rear end albums, the Bitch Magnet entire discography 3 LP reissue kicks rear end, is a good value (30ish bucks), and is totally worth your time- Particularly if you are into Slint, Big Black, anything in between, or 90s music in general (even though the bulk of their material was released in the 80s).

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

LtTennisBall posted:

I love Bolt Thrower's ridiculous, 40k inspired covers and themes. I can't get into their music though :(

If you haven't given it another try in a while, start with Those Once Loyal and work backwards. Their later stuff is more accessible with more of a groove element but without pandering to the rednecky, Pantera side of metal. They're pretty much the epitome of death metal in my opinion.

As for Bitch Magnet, I've got an original Ben Hur (without the 7" Discogs claims it was supposed to come with) but I never could get into 'em, which is weird considering I love a lot of the related projects (David Grubbs, Squirrel Bait, ee, Codeine, etc.). Speaking of the latter, I'm excited for the Codeine reissues coming out next year, though it's weird that Numero Group is putting them out.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

CPL593H posted:

On another note, I saw the Screaming Females open for the Dead Weather. They were pretty weird. The singer looks way too young. I regret not grabbing their album at the show.

They are probably one of my favorite bands, they tour all the loving time and often play small rad venues. I've probably seen them a dozen times now.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

just saw this over on FB.

http://risingpulserecords.bigcartel.com/

Now if they could just release A Day of Nights on vinyl :/

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Kaboobi posted:

They are probably one of my favorite bands, they tour all the loving time and often play small rad venues. I've probably seen them a dozen times now.

The problem with stuff like this is most of my friends are such loving squares and getting anyone to go with me would probably be more difficult than getting one of them to allow me to sell their kidneys on ebay.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Interest check:

I am going to sell a few of my somewhat rare records cause I'm broke, and figured I'd hit you guys up or put a SA mart thread up before I deal with the pain in the rear end that is Ebay. Haven't got exact prices yet but I'll probably knock like 20% off the cheapest discogs price if that sounds fair.

So far I am selling:

Gorrilaz-Demon Days. (A goon mentioned he wants this record so I need to contact him first)
The Mars Volta-Tremulant
Carcass-Reek of Putrefaction (colored ltd to 1000)
Carcass-Heartwork (colored ltd to 1000)
At the Gates-Slaughter of the Soul (colored ltd to 1000)
Mastodon-Lifesblood (Colored 2x7" also very limited)
Neurosis-Word as Law

More to come!

cheese eats mouse posted:

Ooo first dibs if you do! ;)

This was from forever ago and I can't PM you about Demon Days. Hopefully you are still checking the thread.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 13, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
I might be interested in this one

NESguerilla posted:

Mastodon-Lifesblood (Colored 2x7" also very limited)
Which pressing is it, and how much do you want for it?