Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Little Miss RKO posted:

I thought English isn't his first language? So I think he's a little uncomfortable talking. Not sure though.
I'd be surprised if it wasn't, he never sounded like he was speaking a second language and his accent was one of the thinnest South African accents I have ever heard, it only really seemed noticeable with certain words.

thesteelhellion posted:

Maybe he's not good enough on the mic? I really wish they'd push their smaller guys more, it might actually be good for business. Do the WCW thing, get people excited by opening with some Cruiserweights, maybe the first couple matches, then they'll be hot for the bigger guys.
I can't remember what his promos were like but it's not that big of a problem even if he wasn't very strong as what I meant was I was surprised he wasn't being used in a kind of Kofi/Bourne role where he wouldn't necessarily speak much but would consistently have matches on television because he's interesting to watch in the ring.

Come to think of it he and Slater seem to have almost dissapeared completely from Raw/Smackdown which I think is a shame, I thought they were both doing well in the roles they had and were performing at a very acceptable standard considering their time spent and experience level within WWE. They both looked like bright prospects for the future.

...That and I marked for Gabriels zebra print every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Sue Denim posted:

I'd be surprised if it wasn't, he never sounded like he was speaking a second language and his accent was one of the thinnest South African accents I have ever heard, it only really seemed noticeable with certain words.

Gabriel definitely confirmed Afrikaans is his first language, but I don't remember if he struggles with English at all anymore.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Sue Denim posted:

Come to think of it he and Slater seem to have almost dissapeared completely from Raw/Smackdown which I think is a shame, I thought they were both doing well in the roles they had and were performing at a very acceptable standard considering their time spent and experience level within WWE. They both looked like bright prospects for the future.

...That and I marked for Gabriels zebra print every time.
Well Slater's coming off suspension and Gabriel actually got a win on Smackdown last week. They could both use real angles at the moment, but I'd say their outlook isn't better or worse than that of any typical midcarder at the moment. Considering they basically reset Barrett, rather than working off his Nexus momentum, I'm honestly surprised we're seeing as much of Slater/Gabriel as we are now.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
I forgot Slater was suspended.

Oh well, they're probably doing better than they would be if they were still tagging.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Sue Denim posted:

Oh well, they're probably doing better than they would be if they were still tagging.

Indeed. Because then they could have had a feud longer than "Single promo, one match."

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Sue Denim posted:

Don't worry, approximately 3 people realised he was gone and at least two of them are in PSP

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Dusty Rhodes posted:

Me Gus and Ty black just watched gun smoke 2barks. Cool when dogs can talk. If you don't get my tweets, that makes 2of us:))

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I don't understand 90% of the Dusty Rhodes says on twitter but now I know he loves Lil Wayne.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
God, Rhodes is... I like it. So weird, completely indecipherable, but hysterical nonetheless.

Someone has to tell me this, though. How the gently caress does Lance Storm run a bookclub without having a firm hold on grammar? He makes so many grammatical mistakes, and it's like I get that he generally reads mysteries and banal poo poo, but you surely have to pick up the basics through sheer osmosis.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

God, Rhodes is... I like it. So weird, completely indecipherable, but hysterical nonetheless.

It's almost like pure stream of consciousness stuff.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Someone has to tell me this, though. How the gently caress does Lance Storm run a bookclub without having a firm hold on grammar? He makes so many grammatical mistakes, and it's like I get that he generally reads mysteries and banal poo poo, but you surely have to pick up the basics through sheer osmosis.

Think of the kind of people who actually join book clubs.

Most of them read awful books.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lone Rogue posted:

Think of the kind of people who actually join book clubs.

Most of them read awful books.

Word. First book they always push on you is Life of Pi, (pretty good omen), and also gently caress the Micheal Ondaatje.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Lance seems to have some pretty terrible taste outside of wrestling.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Lance seems to have some pretty terrible taste outside of wrestling.

Some of his wrestling ideas are pretty terrible too.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Out of mocking a person with bad spelling on twitter and then boredom, CM Punk and Curt Hawkins got the word "yeasterday" to trend on twitter.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

Out of mocking a person with bad spelling on twitter and then boredom, CM Punk and Curt Hawkins got the word "yeasterday" to trend on twitter.

That's loving fantastic.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That's loving fantastic.

Pfft, yeasterday's got nothing on me. Croissants that I've already seen. Time just fades the pages in my book of recipes.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

Writer Cath posted:

Pfft, yeasterday's got nothing on me. Croissants that I've already seen. Time just fades the pages in my book of recipes.

Welp, that's one turd of a Gn'R song I had managed to completely keep out of my head for last 15 years, up until this very moment. I'd be mad at you, but I choose to blame this on Heath Slater instead.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Borh posted:

Welp, that's one turd of a Gn'R song I had managed to completely keep out of my head for last 15 years, up until this very moment. I'd be mad at you, but I choose to blame this on Heath Slater instead.

Great. Now we have to see another goofy pic of Heath.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Jay Briscoe posted:

BTW @WWE_MasonRyan I need a contact for your dealer.. gotta start sellin these tickets 4 da gun show #XmasMoney

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Grantonio posted:

Great. Now we have to see another goofy pic of Heath.

Yay! :neckbeard:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Dat boy

God I love the Briscoes.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Eve Torres posted:

It's Wellness Wednesday! Check out http://evetorres.com/blog/2011/12/07/wellness-wednesday-making-fitness-fun/ What did you do for Wellness Wednesday today??

Wellness Wednesday! :haw:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Wade Barrett posted:

Downloading @ColtCabana's AoW podcasts. It's taken me months to figure out how to download them. I'd prefer a cassette version next time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

smashpro1 posted:

He sent Heath Slater out to buy him an iPod and Heath got a Walkman instead :(

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

smashpro1 posted:

It's almost like pure stream of consciousness stuff.

He types exactly like how he talks.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Dusty Rhodes posted:

Ambrose , Cameron , harris , Cesaro , sandow , Kruger See them soon

The next season of NXT? Can I trust you Dusty?

edit: Dusty has the best twitter. He likes Tyler Black apparently. Says Goldust instead of Dustin. He's the best.

schweens fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 8, 2011

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Grantonio posted:

edit: Dusty has the best twitter. He likes Tyler Black apparently. Says Goldust instead of Dustin. He's the best.

Also, a match he'd really like to see is Cody vs. Punk, which would be a really entertaining match.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Dusty really does have the best Twitter. Remember the rumor about him doing a nude scene in a movie for some reason?

So... I THINK he's saying at his age you can't go around with your jumbo (cock) out. Also, he congratulates himself for the jokes. This guy is amazing.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Based on every single shoot video from someone who was in JCW, NWA, WCW and that one chapter in Foley's "have a nice day," Dusty really can't be speaking from experience.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Somebody please introduce Dusty to Jay Brisco. :aaa:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bocc Kob posted:

Somebody please introduce Dusty to Jay Brisco. :aaa:

Oh god this would be the best

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Let's do a Goon Wrestling show where he pay Dusty and the Briscoes to do a Mello Yello commercial.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Oh god this would be the best

I really want a youtube show with Dweam N' Dem Boys. I just feel like watching Dusty crack up while the Briscoes put buckets over their heads and smack each other with bats, the boys getting wasted while Dream chases chickens around, everything they do would be gold. The three of them visiting BSR and competing in Target Shooting on ATVs.

This alone would sell the WWE channel, actually.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

ABOUT DRUGS posted:

This alone would sell the WWE channel, actually.

Of course, this show would remind Vinny Lupton of his days in North Carolina and he'd immediately have it thrown off the air and fire everyone involved.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
oh boy I can't wait to see the daily hijinks of Dusty Rhodes, like him burning a cross on some black dude's lawn and

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Mystery Opponent posted:

oh boy I can't wait to see the daily hijinks of Dusty Rhodes, like him burning a cross on some black dude's lawn and

Isn't that more Michael Hayes' domain? Rhodes would be more likely to start talking about Jewish bankers if I'm remembering my bigoted bookers correctly.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

R_Roddy_Piper posted:

Rowdy Ronda Rousey won her 4th pro MMA fight. She is coached by my coach, the Great Judo Gene LeBell. And she's named after me! I'm Honored

I just got a funny mental image of Piper putting the LeBell Lock on somebody.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Grantonio posted:

The next season of NXT? Can I trust you Dusty?

I think it's people who could be getting called up soon. Ambrose and Rollins are scheduled to start going on the road soon I believe (probably to do dark matches), Sandow had a dark match against Yoshi Tatsu on the Smackdown tapings, Kruger's had dark matches recently as well and I don't really picture Cesaro staying down in FCW for a long time plus he's (kayfabe) been cutting promos saying that he won't be in FCW long.

Mystery Opponent posted:

Now you boys betta get you a bahcycle an' just peddle on outta town if you weeeel.

Suben fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 9, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Randy Orton posted:

Tonight at 6:30 my daughter will be in her first school play. Bought out the front row at an auction earlier in year. Can't wait!
:3: