Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Still shows yesterdays apps for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerMojo
Mar 30, 2007

The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
- Douglas Adams

rotaryfun posted:

Hmm, well the mystery last app is https://market.android.com/details?...XR0bGVfYXBwIl0.

Whoopie.

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008

rotaryfun posted:

Me too. I'm just gonna check later this evening. I don't know why everyone wouldn't get the update at the same time though.

SB35
Jul 6, 2007
Move along folks, nothing to see here.
Disappointed. Wanted to buy a few if the $0.10 apps for my new Nexus S but apparently since I live and work in China I'm boned. Even market enabler wouldn't work. Just got an error when trying to buy.

I hear the foreign SIM card trick still works... Now if I only had one of those...

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

What's a good app for turning my Nexus S into a wi-fi bridge?

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination

rotaryfun posted:

Try clearing the Cache. (Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Market)

KillerMojo
Mar 30, 2007

The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
- Douglas Adams

Jewce posted:

Me too. I'm just gonna check later this evening. I don't know why everyone wouldn't get the update at the same time though.

Shift f5 (from a desktop browser)

fuzzi
Oct 14, 2002

KillerMojo posted:

Shift f5 (from a desktop browser)

Tried that... still showing yesterday both on my computer at home and at work.

MentosMan
Dec 4, 2005

fuzzi posted:

Tried that... still showing yesterday both on my computer at home and at work.

The 10 cent apps page hasn't updated on my computer, but it has on my phone's market page. Go look there

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Vagrancy posted:

Try clearing the Cache. (Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Market)

Did that as well as tried a different browser.

It's trivial though since you can very easily see what apps they are from several different locations.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
I just noticed - in my receipt emails, I'm being addressed by my employer's former name; as in, 'Dear [COMPANY_NAME]'.

Now that's odd, but what's even stranger is that that text doesn't even appear anywhere in my G+ profile right now; I'm sure I altered it around mid-October time after a corporate buyout/re-branding, but I've got a receipt from November that still calls me by [COMPANY_NAME].

Of course, there's no way to alter this in the 'Market account' page, and of course that information's not up on my G+ page. I just don't know what the gently caress right now.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

spincube posted:

I just noticed - in my receipt emails, I'm being addressed by my employer's former name; as in, 'Dear [COMPANY_NAME]'.

Now that's odd, but what's even stranger is that that text doesn't even appear anywhere in my G+ profile right now; I'm sure I altered it around mid-October time after a corporate buyout/re-branding, but I've got a receipt from November that still calls me by [COMPANY_NAME].

Of course, there's no way to alter this in the 'Market account' page, and of course that information's not up on my G+ page. I just don't know what the gently caress right now.

Try checking your Google Wallet; that's probably where it gets the name from.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
I am looking for a good app to do VoIP calls (receiving primarily) since I live in a house in the boondocks with no real cell service, but I have access to a wifi network just fine.

Currently I can't use my cell phone at all for calls when I am home and have to rely on a landline, but this causes me to miss a number of calls.

Is there a decent VoIP solution out there that will not destroy my battery life but otherwise let me receive calls in situations where I have access to wifi but not normal cell reception?

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

Sebbe posted:

Try checking your Google Wallet; that's probably where it gets the name from.

Thanks for the tip. Deleting my card & address, and then re-adding them worked just fine.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Anyone use Android's bill to carrier feature? Are there any fees or is it as simple as seeing it billed to my monthly statement?

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Mistikman posted:

I am looking for a good app to do VoIP calls (receiving primarily) since I live in a house in the boondocks with no real cell service, but I have access to a wifi network just fine.

Currently I can't use my cell phone at all for calls when I am home and have to rely on a landline, but this causes me to miss a number of calls.

Is there a decent VoIP solution out there that will not destroy my battery life but otherwise let me receive calls in situations where I have access to wifi but not normal cell reception?

isn;t this one of the perfect uses of Google Voice ?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

err posted:

Anyone use Android's bill to carrier feature? Are there any fees or is it as simple as seeing it billed to my monthly statement?

I use this when I can because my bank rejects Google Wallet/Checkout transactions, and I haven't noticed any fees. I imagine, though, that that coms down to the individual carrier. I use T-Mobile.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Roundboy posted:

isn;t this one of the perfect uses of Google Voice ?

No, GV has no innate VOIP capabilities on a phone. You can set up GV to forward calls to a separate SIP account, but it's not as simple as "receive calls over wifi via the GV app".

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Penguissimo posted:

No, GV has no innate VOIP capabilities on a phone. You can set up GV to forward calls to a separate SIP account, but it's not as simple as "receive calls over wifi via the GV app".

I think it's as simple as using GrooVe IP, though.

Star Warrior X
Jul 14, 2004

Penguissimo posted:

But it could forward calls to his landline so he doesn't miss then when he has no signal.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Anyone have any recommendations for password vault apps? I need something to keep track of all my web logins/passes that's easy to manage and backup.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

I think it's as simple as using GrooVe IP, though.

I use this and it works quite well.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Star Warrior X posted:

But it could forward calls to his landline so he doesn't miss then when he has no signal.

this. i meant you have your calls forwarded to the cell or landline, or have it fail over as needed... or ring both.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Living Vicariously posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for password vault apps? I need something to keep track of all my web logins/passes that's easy to manage and backup.

I've been using KeePass for a few months now, and it's pretty handy. Have it installed on my two computers, my phone, and my tablet. I just throw the password file into DropBox, and it's available anywhere, which I think it pretty slick.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

hooah posted:

I've been using KeePass for a few months now, and it's pretty handy. Have it installed on my two computers, my phone, and my tablet. I just throw the password file into DropBox, and it's available anywhere, which I think it pretty slick.

Ok, that's what I'm using and have been using but I can't create or edit new passwords from the app, apparently? I can do it with the Windows application but not within the app.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Living Vicariously posted:

Ok, that's what I'm using and have been using but I can't create or edit new passwords from the app, apparently? I can do it with the Windows application but not within the app.
Just click on an entry and hit the "edit" button at the bottom, no?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

The 2.x versions of the KeePass database are read-only on the Android app: http://www.keepassdroid.com/

quote:

Do you support KeePass version >=2, .kdbx databases?

Yes. Beta read-only support for .kdbx databases was added in KeePassDroid 1.5.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

404notfound posted:

The 2.x versions of the KeePass database are read-only on the Android app: http://www.keepassdroid.com/

Ooooh. Goddammit. I knew I was editing them on-device at some point. Makes sense now.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

Kyrosiris posted:

Sure, assuming you've got an active phone on your Market account.

If not, someone posted that an emulated device might work.

I expect that the main issue is getting a working copy of the Market going, since the emulator doesn't have one. If anyone manages to get it running it'd be a cool thing to share around. We should just need a single working image with the build.prop edited to be something like the G-Nex. Probably worth doing a separate one for a recent tablet too. I'll see if I can't crash-course myself on this one tonight, although hopefully one of you knows a lot more about this than me and can whip some poo poo up; I'm coming in completely cold on this.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So Facebook for Android is getting a pretty major upgrade today:

http://www.androidcentral.com/redesigned-facebook-update-hitting-android-devices-today

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination
For any completionists out there, the Xperia play + HD graphics version of Reckless racing was stealth added to the promotion at some point in the last hour or so, so technically there's 11 apps today instead of 10.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.polarbit.RecklessRacingPlay

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Star Warrior X posted:

Good call, I totally overlooked the landline part of his post.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Rapsey posted:

If you have problems let me know. I'm one of the developers.

Is there a way to make the application (server side) less resource hungry? I have a e4300 c2d on my server and it maxxes out the CPU and the video skips on my phone over wifi.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Oh, and here's the other more practical solution (I forgot): change your password and go to someplace like Best Buy and sign into the Market once on a display phone. Then factory reset it if you're really :tinfoil::hf::spergin: about it. Do it on a tablet too. Then go home and change your password back/again and you're set.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Can anyone recommend a remote mouse app? I just want something that will enable me to mouse around my PC monitor from across the room and that finds the server nice and quickly, though if it had a volume control built in that would rock. I used to use the imaginatively named `remote mouse' on iOS and I need something equivalent on Android now.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

Pipski posted:

Can anyone recommend a remote mouse app? I just want something that will enable me to mouse around my PC monitor from across the room and that finds the server nice and quickly, though if it had a volume control built in that would rock. I used to use the imaginatively named `remote mouse' on iOS and I need something equivalent on Android now.

I use unified remote for this. It has a mouse, but does a lot of other things too, and it's free

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

ZShakespeare posted:

I use unified remote for this. It has a mouse, but does a lot of other things too, and it's free

I'll give it a whirl, cheers.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Pipski posted:

I tried a lot of the free ones but settled on iTap Touchpad as it didn't require so much switching between modes and supported gestures much better.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Pipski posted:

I currently use Mobile Mouse Lite. Uses wifi, connects instantly for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

The new Facebook update is live in the Market. It's a pretty nice upgrade.

• Locked thread