Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic Mount
Jun 18, 2007
It's great to get mail that is not junk or bills! Since I only mail 1 bill a month, I've got most of a book of stamps and I'll have to get some cards this weekend.

Epic Mount
581 S. Square Dr. Apt. 75
Winterville, NC, USA, 28590

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slightly Used Cake
Oct 21, 2010
I have gotten a LOAD of goon cards and I wanted to say a huge thankyou to the nice folks, Lamb, Rufus En Fuego, Apathy Inspires, Famine Poodle, and oval office Valet, you guys are amazing. We're just settling in here and get our first paycheck on the 15th so I'll start sending stuff out then, sorry for the late card goodness :_)

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
Thanks Smenkhara for the lovely card and stickers. I love stickers. :3:      

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
^ me too :D

Thank you to Mizufusion and Apathy Inspired, I received xmas cards from you both! Love them :)

I'm working on my second batch to go out probably by Friday or Saturday. I like that this is putting me in an xmas spirit.

*edit- I just put another 9 or so into the mail. I actually managed to get a couple of International stamps so I wanted those out fast so that they would get there before Valentine's day. So, a couple of random non-north american folks will get something soon. And I put some more US and Canada ones with that batch. Going to do more over the weekend too. I want to send something to everyone but I just won't be able to manage that this time. Anyone who sends me something will definitely get something back though, for sure.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 9, 2011

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

20inch posted:

Can I play? :)

I'm moving out of the country in a week and I won't have much to occupy my time, so I'd love to get/send some goonmail!

20inch
PSC 80 Box 14993
APO, AP 96367

My birthday is Nov. 4. Probably no NWS stuff, mainly because I don't think the hubby would be too keen on me receiving dong mail from internet people. I promise to reply to every letter and send something back from glorious Nippon! :sun:

Enjoy Okinawa, dude. I was in that PSC so many times in the past three years. :allears: I knew it as soon as I saw it.

If you need directions or you're looking for anything, I'll be happy to point you toward it. Just toss me an AIM or a PM or something if you need help.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

This thread owns and it's awesome to see all the awesome things goons get.

I'm a soon to be 20 year old dude (December 11 is my birthday) and I like cartoons and all things macabre.

Sebastian
91 W. Division
Sparta, Michigan 49345
United States, Earth

I'm so going to get to work on cards first thing tomorrow morning.

Andaley
Apr 7, 2011

Is there room for little ole me? I wanna play! *bounces up and down* I even bought two sets of cards today to send out! (will try to send a batch out tomorrow)

Me? 25-yr-old female gamer who's very easily amused by shiny objects and glitter. Bring on the goon-mail!

Brandy
1605 N. Stevens Dr. Apt B
Idaho Falls, ID 83401

Edit: prepared my first batch of six. Then realized I need more stamps! AHHH!

Andaley fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Dec 9, 2011

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Thank you Tendai for de lovely card!

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

e: That's probably enough cards to raise my self-esteem for at least a month. I'll make sure to post anything I receive.

Smug Mug fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 10, 2011

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I've received a pile of cards and letters recently! Lotsa great stuff and I wanted to post it all. However...

We also got a new kitten about 3 weeks ago. She decided that spilling my coffee onto part of the pile was a good idea. I did not agree, but if you sent me a postcard recently, I'm sorry but my kitten smeared the ink to unreadability, so I can't see who to thank. The pictures survived, for the most part, but any messages were lost, and I didn't thank you soon enough.

She also got a pile of my student papers, but luckily the names were not obliterated.

She's named Guinness and this is the little bastard right here:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

genesplicer posted:

She's named Guinness and this is the little bastard right here:

She is ridiculously cute. :3:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Just sent off a couple more cards, and realized I left the apartment number off someone's address when it came back to me. Oops. Hopefully I'll make it to the post office tomorrow to send out some more international cards!

I finally took a picture of my cards, too! I hung them up on the back of my kitchen cabinets, so you see them right when you walk in the door. It makes the place feel a little festive, which is nice since we don't have a tree or any other decorations up yet.. :ohdearsass:

There's also a birthday card from my mom up there! :dance:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
:siren:Peanutbutter Unicorn, Apathy Inspired and Person Who Sent a Card In a Red Envelope :siren:

I'm having lunch with my MommaValet today, so I will pass on the cards you've sent, to her. Ridiculously excited to see them (she told me I could open them before hand, but I said no!)

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
Mailed cards to 9 of you in the US!

I've got 4 more (UK/Canada) to mail out. How do I mail international letters? The woman at Office Depot who sold me the stamps for the US ones said I can't send them internationally with just stamps, even if it's only a card, and when I followed signs for the post office I got to a Best Buy. :ohdearsass:

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

miryei posted:

I've got 4 more (UK/Canada) to mail out. How do I mail international letters? The woman at Office Depot who sold me the stamps for the US ones said I can't send them internationally with just stamps, even if it's only a card, and when I followed signs for the post office I got to a Best Buy. :ohdearsass:

I mailed cards to India with just regular 44 cent stamps. Otherwise, just ask for the 98 cent stamps at the post office. :)

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

miryei posted:

I don't know what she's talking about, but she sounds like she doesn't know what the hell she's talking about. ;)

You can send anything overseas that you send locally, for lettermail anyway, as long as you put the correct postage on it and it doesn't have any restricted products inside like fruit.

The only difference is that sending overseas you might have to make sure it's lighter or put a lot more postage on, as they tend to fuss about that once in awhile. Often my international mail goes through just fine though, your mileage may vary.

I still remember the onion skin paper you used to have to use when sending a letter overseas, back before the internet. And the envelopes had the red and blue markings, heh. Correa Aereo, Par Avion, le antique sigh. Flygpost!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

when worlds collide posted:

I don't know what she's talking about, but she sounds like she doesn't know what the hell she's talking about. ;)

You can send anything overseas that you send locally, for lettermail anyway, as long as you put the correct postage on it and it doesn't have any restricted products inside like fruit.

The only difference is that sending overseas you might have to make sure it's lighter or put a lot more postage on, as they tend to fuss about that once in awhile. Often my international mail goes through just fine though, your mileage may vary.

I still remember the onion skin paper you used to have to use when sending a letter overseas, back before the internet. And the envelopes had the red and blue markings, heh. Correa Aereo, Par Avion, le antique sigh. Flygpost!

Yep! I remember the good-old airmail envelopes. For you whippersnappers, before WWII, all mail basically went by ship, which could take days, if not weeks. After the war, air travel became more common, and you could ship by airmail instead. You paid a higher fee to get there faster, and the red and blue stripes on the envelope distinguished the letters. Nowadays that has been changed to first class and priority mail, but it's rare that a letter would go by ship. Parcels occasionally still go that way, but even that's rare unless it's a large thing.

Genesplicer fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 9, 2011

FAILS AT EVERYTHING
Jan 2, 2006

Finally, I've escaped!
Not really getting to celebrate Christmas this year. Would be nice to get a couple of cards since I've never gotten a Christmas card before. :)

4351 US Hwy 27 South
Stanford, KY 40484

I will try to go to the store a send a couple out to some others in the thread as well. :)

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
Okay, 98-cent stamps acquired and cards sent!

You guys were right, the person at office depot didn't know what she was talking about.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

cuntvalet posted:

:siren:Peanutbutter Unicorn, Apathy Inspired and Person Who Sent a Card In a Red Envelope :siren:

I'm having lunch with my MommaValet today, so I will pass on the cards you've sent, to her. Ridiculously excited to see them (she told me I could open them before hand, but I said no!)

Might have been me in the red envelope. :) mine's to both of you, but I hope momma enjoys it.

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"
Ah! I have mail! Thanks to Aunt Buck, Keetron and 13Pandora13 for the BAMF cards and goodies. Also, Keetron says I won the Cool Name Contest, so suck it, SA. :colbert:

Pics after I finish cooking dinner!

Edit: And drinking this bottle of Pinot grigio and possibly playing WoW while drunk.

Edit edit: So...tomorrow, then? 'Kay.

Rufus En Fuego fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 10, 2011

Encephalopathy
Mar 14, 2003

braaaaaaaains
I noticed lamb got what I posted, so hopefully the others I sent arrive soon!

I've just headed off travelling over Christmas, so if you've sent me anything, I'm super eager to see what's there when I get back. My partner, however, is stuck at home because he couldn't get leave from work, and I've already told him to open up anything weird or random that shows up for me, but if anyone feels like addressing something to him (DJR) please feel free, it'd totally cheer him up for being alone at home!

If I'm totally with it I'll try to send a few postcards from Europe while I'm here too. :)

CommanderCoffee
Feb 27, 2011

Ladies.
I'd like to get stuff sometimes. Most of my crap nowadays is my dad sending an envelope with the Sunday Comics in it.

No NWS please.

B. Chrysler
26912 Fond du Lac Road
Rancho Palos Verdes, California 90275

I can't wait. :dance:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

gamingCaffeinator posted:

Might have been me in the red envelope. :) mine's to both of you, but I hope momma enjoys it.

I think it was from When World's Collide, BUT! I did get the one from you, and my Mom loved it. So did I.

You guys have been so amazing.

Actually, she wanted me to pass on a message to all you goons:

TO THE GOONS WHO HAVE MAILED MOMMAVALET
This has been a tough Christmas season, what with trying to get back to work after being on sick leave for nearly a year, and of course, it being nearly one year from my Mom's death (cuntvalet's Nan).
Each of your thoughtful cards and little treats packed in the cards have been unexpected joy. Thank you all for your thoughtfulness.

Also, Apathy Inspired was it you who sent the card with the stickers in it? I know there was a pink raccoon sticker and a robot. Well, the funny thing is, my Mom pronounces 'Robot' as 'Row-butt'. Hilarity ensued. :3:

Seriously you guys, seeing my mom smile so much has been the greatest Christmas gift of all. :3:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I got two letters from wonderful goons: Deadselly and GamingCaffeinator.

I want to give back, in the next few days I'm gonna make a bunch of stuff that I hope is good and send it to every goon I can in this thread.

You goons help make my Christmas awesome, let me return the favor.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

cuntvalet posted:

I think it was from When World's Collide, BUT! I did get the one from you, and my Mom loved it. So did I.

This has been a tough Christmas season, what with trying to get back to work after being on sick leave for nearly a year, and of course, it being nearly one year from my Mom's death (cuntvalet's Nan).
Each of your thoughtful cards and little treats packed in the cards have been unexpected joy. Thank you all for your thoughtfulness.

Also, Apathy Inspired was it you who sent the card with the stickers in it? I know there was a pink raccoon sticker and a robot. Well, the funny thing is, my Mom pronounces 'Robot' as 'Row-butt'. Hilarity ensued. :3:

Seriously you guys, seeing my mom smile so much has been the greatest Christmas gift of all. :3:

Might have been, some of mine have red envelopes but I'm sure I'm not the only one with CHRISTMAS CARDS with red envelopes. Ahem.

Your post warms my heart, I'm glad Momma is enjoying her mail. :3: I might have to drop something else in the box for her.

PS, you have another card coming if I remember... I think I messed up and forgot. Haha. One was a late Easter one, and then I sent another xmas one (in a red envelope) with this last batch. Oh well, better too much than not enough!

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Dec 10, 2011

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

miryei posted:

If your post office has one of the fancy automated postal centers, you can use that too. Takes a bit longer, but as long as you're just mailing letters/cards (anything else requires customs forms and you have to talk to a clerk) it'll print off the correct postage for any country. Plus, it has a scale built in, so you don't have to worry if your letter is a bit heavy. :)

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Thanks everyone for the goonmail thus far!

Obviously, all goonmail is for Adrian...(and yes, those are Batman bedsheets. :colbert:)

My first bits of goonmail! :3: Thank you, lamb, Encephalopathy, and Mizfusion/Psychoguy for making my last Friday awesome! I took your cards to work and opened them on my meager break at my terrible job. :)

Sometimes the mail in our apartment must first pass a thorough "Oliver sniff test."

Luckily, 13Pandora13 and Aunt Buck passed, so I got to keep their awesome holiday cards/goodies! :D They were a sight for sore eyes after work!

Again, thanks, you guys!! Your wonderful mail has convinced me to step up my mail game, and now my husband wants to help me send out holiday goonmail! :dance: If you guys wouldn't mind addressing holiday cards to Niemat and husband, he would love it!

On a side note, did Encephalopathy, Rather Tonic, cuntvalet, Mental Staples, and Palette swap receive Nebraska packages from way back when...? :ohdear:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Niemat posted:

On a side note, did Encephalopathy, Rather Tonic, cuntvalet, Mental Staples, and Palette swap receive Nebraska packages from way back when...? :ohdear:

Not yet, but I figure everything is going slower because of the Christmas rush...that and the fact that sometimes things get held up at the border.

*waits in anticipation* :ohdearsass:

DevilCat
Nov 6, 2008
Dan Lacey, The Painter of Pancakes
10381 Windrose Curve
Elko, MN 55020

I will be honored to send you this card in return

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Thanks to Tendai and TheNinjaScotsman for the cards!

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
Big ole thanks to MurderCity who wins the award for the first Christmas card (that's not from a business) in my house. Wheee!

Next up, the winner of the "we both live in hot states" award: Aunt Buck!

And finally, the winner of the "longest distance to get to me award" (The Netherlands, Biznitches!): Keetron!

Thanks guys! Your cards were awesome and very appreciated. :)

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

It's all in the game, yo.
GreenCard78
203 Garden Road
Towson, Maryland 21286

I'll mail a few goons with Kwanza related post cards. If you choose to mail me, I encourage Kwanza post cards but I gladly accept any kind of goon mail.

Oh, what the hell. Should you choose to mail me I will send you a picture of Arnold, our very nice dog. :woof:

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
I'm making more cards to mail out. This is the first time I've been excited about sending people cards, I even made some for my family.

Can I add my husband to this? Is that allowed? I want him to get goonmail too!

Apathy Inspired
Feb 15, 2008
Yes I am awake, Thank you for asking.

cuntvalet posted:

I am so glad your cards arrived! Yes, I sent the stickers. I love row-butt! Made me giggle far too much for one sitting alone in a room. I am glad it brightened her holiday a bit.

I feel a bit badly about only sending cards to Canadian goons but I did get quite a few cards out and it made my card signing day! I would like to get some out to the US and international folks but it may be winter cards and not holiday specific.

Thank you Smenkhara for my first card! :3:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

miryei posted:

I'm making more cards to mail out. This is the first time I've been excited about sending people cards, I even made some for my family.

Can I add my husband to this? Is that allowed? I want him to get goonmail too!

I don't see there being a problem in adding hubby to the list. I used to include my university housemate on the list when we lived together, so that she wouldn't be left out. :3:

Goblin Queeniepoo
Aug 28, 2008
I'm going to get in on this. My family hasn't really sent out any holiday cards since my Dad died and this year has been crazy with my mom's surgeries. I want to break from all that by sending out some holiday cheer to goons.

My address:

Heather J.
715 Hickok Trail
Lusby, MD 20657

As far as receiving, NWS is fine as long as nothing too bad is on the outside. Anything will be greatly appreciated. :3

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour

These were sent earlier this week. Can't wait for you to get them!

Thanks to Big Hustle, Bushwhacked, Rufus, Tendai, Aunt Buck, and Keetron (not pictured). Our mantle looks very festive!

E: Huge pics

Koivunen fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 11, 2011

miryei
Oct 11, 2011

cuntvalet posted:

I don't see there being a problem in adding hubby to the list. I used to include my university housemate on the list when we lived together, so that she wouldn't be left out. :3:

Okay!

His address is:

--------------

I am not sure if he will send response-cards out, but I will send more to make up for it if he doesn't.

miryei fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushwhacked
Oct 4, 2008

Ah-cha-ch-ch-cha-cha...
I got cards from Aunt Buck and Keetron! Thanks! It's nice getting mail that isn't junk/awkward cards from distant family.

I'm happy my cards are making it to people. :) I'll be sending out another round to some new folks this week!

DevilCat posted:

I will be honored to send you this card in return

You're totally on my list. Hanging that card for the holidays would bring me great joy.

Bushwhacked fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 11, 2011