Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Just get really high and listen to every record Deicide made before the Hoffman brothers left, and hopefully you'll have an awesome hallucination of seeing the classic line-up "live".

Deicide since 2004 have pretty much been unbearable.

But, I have hope that Amon is going to at least go back to the mid-to-late '90s era of Deicide. They just released a single titled "Among Us" last month and while it may not be exactly what I was hoping for, it is definitely a step in the right direction compared to what Deicide has been pumping out for the past few albums. It seems like a decent mixture of Vital Remains, Angelcorpse, and Deicide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaulENrW290

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Dec 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I saw em in like '05 or '06 with Santolla & Owen and it ruled. Ran into Asheim in a Wendy's and shot the poo poo, cool rear end dude.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Peak Performance.

Buglord
Whoa I didn't know Amon was doing anything these days.

In general, I haven't liked anything Deicide has put out since Serpents of the Light. But, that being said, To Hell With God has a few cool tracks on it. The title track is pretty headbangingly catchy.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies

Zodijackylite posted:

They have a reputation for missing shows, and they're really hit-or-miss. They used to be one of my favorites, but I lost a lot of respect for them because of the show-skipping, drama with ex-members, and Jack Owen's ties to white supremacist groups.

I wasn't quite sure what you meant, so I looked it up and came up with something that I hope you don't mean:

2. hat rack
a self-sexual act in which a male hangs a hat from his penis and swings it around in circles.
also knopwn as hat-spinning or rack riding.
Jeff: what you up to tonight?
david: well, no ones gonna be in so im gonna do a hat rack.
Jeff: niiiice! *high fives*

:stare:

Yeah, no, I meant more of an unmoving, decorative fixture. One that is useful for putting hats on.
e- promoter drama.

On a side note, Scott Kelly is doing a solo tour.
http://www.antimusic.com/news/11/dec/07Neurosis_Scott_Kelly_Adds_New_North_American_Tour_Leg.shtml

thepitgoddess fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Dec 9, 2011

EvilMoJoJoJo
Dec 9, 2004

ask me about leaving the cult of black metal and bringing jesus into your life

Job 19:17
Just remembered that Revolver magazine named Korn's "dubstep" album their best record of the year.

I will never stop laughing at this

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

EvilMoJoJoJo posted:

Just remembered that Revolver magazine named Korn's "dubstep" album their best record of the year.

It outsold Metallica, it must be the best!

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

EvilMoJoJoJo posted:

Shut the gently caress up. Get up.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Just so you all know, Nils Patrik Johansson is the best goddamn heavy-/power metal vocalist alive.

I'm currently listening to Wuthering Heights - Salt (the second best album of 2010 and one of the top 5 albums for me in several years) for the fuckteenth time since it came out, and holy poo poo this guy hasn't ceased to amaze me. And what makes his singing on this album even more enjoyable to listen to is that the lyrics are actually pretty drat good, especially for a power metal band. Or power-prog-folk metal, whatever. Glorious guitar leads and immensely catchy melodies don't hurt the album none, either.

The guy also sings in Astral Doors, which is another balls-out awesome band.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Dec 9, 2011

Orbital Sapling
Oct 30, 2011

by angerbeet
I don't know how I haven't listened to Wuthering Heights before, these guys are awesome. I haven't found a power metal band (or whatever you want to call these guys) in YEARS that I've enjoyed, but this poo poo just instantly grabbed me. Fantastic, I'm grabbing Salt as soon as I can.

EvilMoJoJoJo posted:

:laffo: Korn also apparently invented dubstep.

quote:

Jonathan Davis says his band invented dubstep long before it became a staple of club music.

"We were dubstep before there was dubstep," Davis told Billboard. "Tempos at 140 with half-time drums, huge bassed-out riffs. We used to bring out 120 subwoofers and line them across the whole front of the stage, 60 subs per side. We were all about the bass."

Orbital Sapling fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 9, 2011

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

So, Korn invented stoner/doom as well? drat. I guess I just don't know anything anymore.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

The funny thing is, dubstep was never about the horrid wobwob bass until Skrillex & co. ruined it

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Outer Isolation by Vektor has to be album of the year for 2011. If not that, then Thrash metal album of the year. I cannot get enough of this album, especially the closing track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUEN6Hkrc9M

Holy gently caress, go buy this album!

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Vargatron posted:

Outer Isolation by Vektor has to be album of the year for 2011. If not that, then Thrash metal album of the year. I cannot get enough of this album, especially the closing track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUEN6Hkrc9M

Holy gently caress, go buy this album!

Wow, that's amazing, I had never heard of the band until now. Thanks!

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

chiming in to say I just got around to checking out Iced Earths new album and its great. Chugga Chugga city.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
DimeFest. Oh joy.

It'd be nice if there were good bands on the bill.

DEAR RICHARD fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Dec 10, 2011

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Contrary to popular belief, tic-tac-toe isn't purely a game of chance.
Seeing Motorhead tonight. Apparently they had to cancel a show earlier this week because Lemmy messed up his voice. Let's hope his voice won't be raspy :(

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

DEAR RICHARD posted:

DimeFest. Oh joy.

It'd be nice if there were good bands on the bill.

I saw 'Enemy Soil' at first, then I realized the weird font said 'On Enemy Soil' :( You could probably see a lot of bad covers of Walk and Cowboys From Hell though!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am sick to death of Dimebag Darrell worship.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Vintersorg posted:

I am sick to death of Dimebag Darrell worship.

I don't know if it's "worship" as much as it is using him as excuses to do things. A bar in Brooklyn is having a guitar raffle and donating the proceeds to some charity, and I'm definitely going, but only because it's my favorite bar and I don't have anything better to do.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Peak Performance.

Buglord

YeahTubaMike posted:

I don't know if it's "worship" as much as it is using him as excuses to do things. A bar in Brooklyn is having a guitar raffle and donating the proceeds to some charity, and I'm definitely going, but only because it's my favorite bar and I don't have anything better to do.

I know at least 3 people who got tattoos of him after he died... it's kind of "worship".

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

QPZIL posted:

I know at least 3 people who got tattoos of him after he died... it's kind of "worship".

I interpreted Vintersorg's comment as a direct reply to that Dimefest image. Dimebag tattoos are pretty loving over-the-top. :stare:

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
I don't think a show to commemorate the anniversary of the dude's death is in poor taste exactly

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Yeah I don't see the problem with that. My band played a show on Thursday where they had an open jam on Pantera songs at the end. I think that's a pretty cool way to honor the guy if that's your thing.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

I hear more poo poo about the anniversary of Dime's death than I do 9-11 every year.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
The two other songs from 'Beyond Magnetic'. I like them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDKjY9OdxuU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeih8MoKm5w

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Haggins posted:

I hear more poo poo about the anniversary of Dime's death than I do 9-11 every year.
9/11 has less meta-conversations about how people are sick to death of hearing about it.

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

It's probably something to do with the way he died, rather than the fact that he was a musician who died. How many Pete Steele memorial concerts have there been this year? Not many I would imagine.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

lordblytzkrieg posted:

It's probably something to do with the way he died, rather than the fact that he was a musician who died. How many Pete Steele memorial concerts have there been this year? Not many I would imagine.

Which is a shame

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

lordblytzkrieg posted:

I can think of the Halloween show in PA, but Type O Negative's fanbase is a shitload smaller than Pantera's (and their fans are generally unmotivated and apathetic by selection bias).

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Misogynist posted:

I can think of the Halloween show in PA, but Type O Negative's fanbase is a shitload smaller than Pantera's (and their fans are generally unmotivated and apathetic by selection bias).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ3aiM8K6D0

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Oh, so DimeFest was put on by this local radio station that, I guess, plays metal. They put together this "charity" show and slapped Dimebag on a poster and called it a tribute show. Shocking.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
Just got back from Katatonias 20-year anniversary show here in Finland and oh god oh man was that poo poo awesome in every way. Setlist was goddamn amazing, including the encore of some older songs from Dance of December Souls, and Nyström turning out to be quite a showman.

There were some technical problems but they didn't really affect the mood at all. Awesome.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
Lacuna Coil's new song from their upcoming album---- brought to you by Hot Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HEtnZB6DwAw!

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I actually dig some of Lacuna Coil's stuff but "Trip the Darkness" is a pretty terrible song title.

Crimsonjewfro
Jul 12, 2008

I can't even afford an avatar

Nuclear Fetus posted:

Just got back from Katatonias 20-year anniversary show here in Finland and oh god oh man was that poo poo awesome in every way. Setlist was goddamn amazing, including the encore of some older songs from Dance of December Souls, and Nyström turning out to be quite a showman.

There were some technical problems but they didn't really affect the mood at all. Awesome.

Awesome, dude. :respek:

I saw them when they came earlier (in February) to Brazil and it was great. It was sweet how everybody knew every lyric and wouldn't let Jonas sing it all by himself. They said we even drowned out their monitors with our noise. Check it out.

And they played Without God as well. :black101:

Such a shame it wasn't one of their 20-year anniversary gigs, though. Those must have been even cooler.

CameronCahill
Dec 12, 2011
If u like folk metal u'll like these guys, band called stormwarrior, viking metal ftw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVr6qzfpdas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWt0WY0enIY&feature=related

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Peak Performance.

Buglord

CameronCahill posted:

If u like folk metal u'll like these guys, band called stormwarrior, viking metal ftw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVr6qzfpdas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWt0WY0enIY&feature=related

I'll check this out, but just for future reference, that kind of text-speak posting doesn't go over well here.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just boring power metal anyways with a tinge of poo poo Dragonforce.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Anybody planning on going to Inferno Festival in Oslo next Spring?

Some bands I actually like (Agalloch, Borknagar!) will be there, it's a festival where the 'official accommodations' are a hotel and not a campground, I've always wanted to go to Norway, and I'll have the gap in my schedule to make the trip.

If I go, I'll be staying in the official hotel.

http://www.infernofestival.net/no/Festival/News.aspx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hog Fell on Me
Apr 11, 2006

The art of war is simple enough.
Stormwarrior's first album was a pretty enjoyable tribute to/ripoff of Walls of Jericho-era Helloween, complete with ugly Uwe Karczewski cover art: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ncJTMMGvLM