Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

rdbbb posted:

Where are you getting that from, out of curiosity? They used to, yeah, but I'm fffairly sure it's been in-house for several seasons.

The episode I'm currently working shows them in the Fuji TV building. Maybe it was a one off situation since it wasn't the regular conference room for that season or the one they switch to later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

They definitely always go there for the live shows.

ZephroDyne
Feb 14, 2007

(*ΦωΦ) <I am nekocat
What's the ending song for episode #61? It's not in the opening post.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Arino has faced many difficult challenges in the past, and impaled himself on a great many spike traps. What if the entire game was made of spike traps? Here we will find out in Quest of Ki!!

Zari-gani once again proves shes an android or something and provides the translation, while I once again prove how utterly sexy (in a rugged way) I am by timing it.

Episode 54: Quest of Ki
http://www.multiupload.com/JYFT4XZEFD

Sub file
http://www.multiupload.com/6P5O5GQHWM

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Yay! Thank you!

biopanda
Sep 28, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

Arino has faced many difficult challenges in the past, and impaled himself on a great many spike traps. What if the entire game was made of spike traps? Here we will find out in Quest of Ki!!

Zari-gani once again proves shes an android or something and provides the translation, while I once again prove how utterly sexy (in a rugged way) I am by timing it.

Sub file

Oh well... I guess I didn't need to do that stuff this morning anyways :(

Dog Toggle Switch
May 16, 2006

Oh man "Batman is in the reflection" absolutely killed me.

Fantastic job, as always, guys. Thanks!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I love it when glitches happen in GCCX.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Dec 12, 2011

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011
Perfect timing! Just what I needed to help push myself through Finals Week. You guys are great!

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh man, that background music... :downsgun:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Whichever girl staff member was there kept shrieking toward the end. :v:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

In case anyone didnt know what that weird box the special giveaway Mario Game and Watch is supposed to be, that would be Disk-Kun, the mascot for the Famicom Disk system.

He made the normally boring "Dont mistreat your game!" chapter in a manual into something pretty rad.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

jyrque posted:

Oh man, that background music... :downsgun:

Would drive me insane, especially considering all the time Arino spends on this game. I watched that TAS I posted and it was only 20 minutes long and I'd already heard enough of the music.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

Sub file

Was this subbed by another group at some point? I could have sworn I've seen this before. Maybe I watched the raw at some point but I'm pretty sure I remember understanding it.

edit: Nevermind, I would have remembered these awful "point" puns.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Dec 13, 2011

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Was this subbed by another group at some point? I could have sworn I've seen this before. Maybe I watched the raw at some point but I'm pretty sure I remember understanding it.

It got "featured" in a lot of episodes as part of "Arino sure had a lot of problem with this game".

Das_Ubermike
Sep 2, 2011

www.oldmanmurray.com

Bocc Kob posted:

Whichever girl staff member was there kept shrieking toward the end. :v:

I think that was just Kibe, who always struck me as a little femmy.

What a merciless game that is/was. There's absolutely no wriggle room when it comes to bonking your head or stepping on those spikes. Also that music, dear god.

Can you not duck in this game unless you collide with something first? If not, strange that Arino didn't use ducking more often, especially in the spike hell level.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

Sub file

I loved this episode when I first heard about the show! I've been waiting for a sub of this episode. This is one of my top 5 challenges. I can't wait for part 2. I wonder if you guys can show and translate 1.5-2 hours of the end of the Quest of Ki Live special. The part I am refering to is the end of stage 98 and the rest of the game.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Dec 13, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Das_Ubermike posted:

I think that was just Kibe, who always struck me as a little femmy.

What a merciless game that is/was. There's absolutely no wriggle room when it comes to bonking your head or stepping on those spikes. Also that music, dear god.

Can you not duck in this game unless you collide with something first? If not, strange that Arino didn't use ducking more often, especially in the spike hell level.

He mentions pretty early on that you can't duck. Bonking your head makes you duck but it's not really useful.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

I totally lost it when the Goddess in the game just completely broke character and started dropping random food advice for dates. Completely nonsensical, but brilliant.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I noticed something in one of the levels:

Those missile launchers are the center of the bases in Bosconian.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Zeether posted:

I noticed something in one of the levels:

Those missile launchers are the center of the bases in Bosconian.

Ki has a lot of references to other NAMCO games. See how many you can spot!

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

Ki has a lot of references to other NAMCO games. See how many you can spot!
There was a Pooka in another level I saw and there are clones of Inky from Pac-Man too.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

edit: Nevermind, I would have remembered these awful "point" puns.

There's more where that came from!

Translating puns is tough work sometimes because it makes you scrape the bottom of your brain barrel for some of the lamest jokes you could possibly think of. I actually had to get some extra help in thinking up the puns in this two-parter.

With that, a small disclaimer in advance: 4chan/Internet slang comes up in my translations only when the show uses 2chan/Internet slang. I would never use them otherwise.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Dec 13, 2011

JimmyBiskit
Nov 15, 2007
In the Quest of Ki episode, did anyone else see this? (Look at Ishtar's mouth) :stare:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

JimmyBiskit posted:

In the Quest of Ki episode, did anyone else see this? (Look at Ishtar's mouth) :stare:

Shes just so excited about tomatoes.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I got a kick out of the part where Arino was playing Haggleman 3 and he fell through the floor on stage 1. The reaction it garnered along with that smug-as-all-get-out picture of Tanaka made me think of how I felt while I played Haggleman 3 about a month ago when pretty much that same thing happened.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

"Why yes, I'd love to listen to the Quest of Ki BGM some more!" If this is you, then good news -- it's included in this lovely piano medley of music from games featured on Game Center CX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ytR5gb6XJg

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Speaking of medleys, here's a up-beat medley of 53 Stations of Tokaido. Not sure if it was posted in the last thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=0zTd0sM0EsA

The melody is actually pretty good. One thing I love about Nintendo-era gaming is the music. Restrictions in both sound chips and memory forced sound engineers and composers to get really creative.

zari-gani posted:

Yep, I uploaded that and linked to it in page 4 of this thread. But if you ask me, it deserves to be linked in every page.

Oh? No wonder I had picked it up somewhere in the last week or so.

jyrque fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 14, 2011

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Shlapintogan posted:

I got a kick out of the part where Arino was playing Haggleman 3 and he fell through the floor on stage 1. The reaction it garnered along with that smug-as-all-get-out picture of Tanaka made me think of how I felt while I played Haggleman 3 about a month ago when pretty much that same thing happened.

Wait a sec: Arino eventually plays his own Game Center CX game? Which episode is this? Is there a download?

(I bought the DS game about a year ago and got nearly to the end. What an awesome game that is, and gently caress the market trends that don't allow the translated sequel to hit American shores.)

Hammond Edgar
Apr 24, 2008

doctorfrog posted:

Wait a sec: Arino eventually plays his own Game Center CX game? Which episode is this? Is there a download?

(I bought the DS game about a year ago and got nearly to the end. What an awesome game that is, and gently caress the market trends that don't allow the translated sequel to hit American shores.)
He played it for a bit in the Quest of Ki episode that was just posted. He plays a bit of Guadia Quest and Haggleman 3.

He also plays it as a full-on challenge in a bonus DVD that came with the initial release of the second game. Random Stranger posted a link to an untranslated version in the third post of the thread.

http://www.multiupload.com/W7VQ9SXWS9

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

JimmyBiskit posted:

I noticed this immediately and came here to ask about it as well.

After watching this episode, I really want to see Arino play through the original Druaga. That game is so hard. :negative:

Emalde fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Dec 13, 2011

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Emalde posted:

I noticed this immediately and came here to ask about it as well.

After watching this episode, I really want to see Arino play through the original Druaga. That game is so hard. :negative:

Druaga was one of the DVD bonus episodes so he has played it. In fact I think it's the longest of the DVD episodes.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

EDIT: Nope! Broken link! No new episode for the moment!

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 13, 2011

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
:f5: time!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

is it... quest for ki part....... TWO?!!?!?!?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

xamphear posted:

:f5: time!

Im uploading a new copy, which should take about an hour. Dont wear out that F5 of yours :ohdear:

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007
Wait, titles can have text in them? Well I'll be...
Gutcruncher asked me to say that he got virused and it's hijacking his browser, so the update might be delayed. Random Stranger, if you see this before he's done nuking his hard drive could you upload it instead?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

Im uploading a new copy, which should take about an hour. Dont wear out that F5 of yours :ohdear:

I found some mistakes in the video, so Random Stranger took it down to fix them which is why the link was broken. There will be a new version of the file soon. I don't know if Gutcruncher has only the old version, but if he does, tell him there's no rush.

jyrque posted:

Speaking of medleys, here's a up-beat medley of 53 Stations of Tokaido. Not sure if it was posted in the last thread.

Yep, I uploaded that and linked to it in page 4 of this thread. But if you ask me, it deserves to be linked in every page.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 13, 2011

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Someone wants some Ki? It's time for the epic conclusion!

In case you couldn't tell from the last post and episode this is another episode brought to you by the industrious zari-gani.

Full Video: http://www.multiupload.com/T9A3MWR24X
Just the Subtitles: http://www.multiupload.com/RF4W8NMCF4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bradster
Aug 14, 2004

Ryan Reynolds brings a brilliant new form of acting in every movie he does!
Love multiupload http download. Always get at least 2 MB/s. Thanks for Quest of Ki, been looking forward to it.