Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Thanks guys! Poor Gutcruncher. :(

Was there a recap episode of the live Quest of Ki challenge like there was for lemmings? I can't remember.

Mister Chief fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 14, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

No. Absolutely not. No siree. Don't even think about it.

(And just like that the surprise is ruined.)

Just kidding around, Chief. I'm sure someone would have spilled it before the episode gets posted.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I spoiler'd it for you. I'm going to go cry into my stuffed Arino doll now.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
After I watch Part 2 of Quest of Ki, I will watch the last 2 hours of the Live Challenge to get a proper end to the challenge.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Just posting to say keep up the great work, these translations got me hooked on the show and I just tried out the localized game and fell in love with it. You fellas are awesome!

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
That game... :negative:

Arino was so sad by part 2.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Looking forward to these last 2 episodes---all of the Druaga franchise seems to be made of malice somehow or another, which I guess explains the Roguelike just about capping it off as I can't recall if there's been anything else major since then?

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I love how Tsuruoka has classical music accompanying his entry. It's like each AD has their trademark leitmotif.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Thanks as always, I've been looking forward to this one!

Just a heads-up, I think the 8-6-0 thing in the first part is supposed to be 8-9-0, at around the 16:30 mark, yeah? I was pretty confused until I listened to what Arino was saying.

psluuthor
Oct 29, 2011
That was a really great pair of episodes. The harsh gameplay combined with the generous continue system resulted in a nice dichotomy of continuous deaths vs "miracle plays." The ending was pretty great too, I feel.

Egregious
Oct 29, 2011

Bocc Kob posted:

That game... :negative:

Arino was so sad by part 2.

I don't think I've ever seen Arino half-rear end an "I did it!" like he did in part two. Dude didn't even crack a smile!

Minus the ridiculous pixel-perfect contact between enemies, Quest of Ki doesn't look RIDICULOUSLY difficult, at least not Ninja Gaiden hard or anything, but I don't remember a game ever tiring Arino out like that except maybe NG.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The Quest of Ki is over and done. It's time for Arino to move on to a new year and play Bonk's Adventure.

Bringing us this episode after a long marathon is the tireless zari-gani.

Full Video - http://www.multiupload.com/QK4G6WXRY1
Just the Subtitles - http://www.multiupload.com/QNIJH16YEA

And that is probably it for a few weeks, guys. It's possible we might get another release out by the end of the year but not really likely. So you'll need to go back to reruns until the new year.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

Random Stranger posted:

The Quest of Ki is over and done. It's time for Arino to move on to a new year and play Bonk's Adventure.

God bless you all. The amount you guys manage to put out still amazes me and fills me full of that good old Christmas joy.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Random Stranger posted:

The Quest of Ki is over and done.

Filthy liar. :colbert:

nahob
Feb 21, 2011

[center]i am invincible[/center]
Just finished my Semester with all A's and 1 B. Last final was today. I come home to new Game Center CX.

I didn't even have to use my AK,
today was a good day

biopanda
Sep 28, 2007

Loving you guys so much now :D That's the episode I've been waiting for most!

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Thanks a lot, even though I still have the Quest of Ki song stuck in my head and I think I might have to murder someone to make it stop :tinfoil:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

RabidWeasel posted:

Thanks a lot, even though I still have the Quest of Ki song stuck in my head and I think I might have to murder someone to make it stop :tinfoil:

After watching the episodes I can safely say it's one of those songs that instantly starts playing when someone mentions it. So thanks a lot.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Quest for Ki is one of the more soul-crushing games I've seen Arino play. He is so very displeased by the end of part 2 he can hardly fist pump when he beats levels.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
I'm not even joking when I say that this: this was one of the most obnoxious, difficult and frustrating years of my life and the tireless work you fine people did on this show made it just a little easier to deal with. Thanks!

Mobius
Sep 26, 2000
My backlog of GCCX episodes has gotten embarassingly large. You guys are friggin amazing!

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Game equals Namco. :smithicide:

That special snack looked amazing and I want one too.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Bocc Kob posted:

Game equals Namco. :smithicide:

That special snack looked amazing and I want one too.

Really? I thought it looked incredibly disgusting.

Myriad
Apr 26, 2010
I feel bad for Watanabe :smith:
They are kinda dicks to her

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Do we need to mark snack spoilers?

It was a big cheese-filled meatball! Who doesn't like cheeseburgers? I don't know what the bone was made of, but I presume something edible.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Bocc Kob posted:

Do we need to mark snack spoilers?

It was a big cheese-filled meatball! Who doesn't like cheeseburgers? I don't know what the bone was made of, but I presume something edible.

Nah, it's just regular old beef bone. Here's some photos of it. I think it looks pretty good and I'd definitely try one, though I'd probably get sick of it after the first couple of bites. The establishment it came from looks pretty neat too.

Lock posted:

Just a heads-up, I think the 8-6-0 thing in the first part is supposed to be 8-9-0, at around the 16:30 mark, yeah?

Dang, thanks for the HU.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Dec 15, 2011

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I just watched the last 2 hours of the Quest of Ki Live Special in order to fully end the challenge. Watching him finally beating stage 98 was a relief. I was glad that the last 2 stages were not as difficult as 98. I hope to watch all 7+ hours of stage 98 one day.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I just had to stop the video to express my love of how Arino looks when he flubs the first bonus stage. Also, is that fanart supposed to be Summer Wars?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Bonk's always been interesting to me, because as a kid it was always mentioned in UK gaming magazines as some sort of "mario killer", even though the games were never released in the UK.

Watching someone play this is going to be like finding out Santa isn't real, isn't it? :{

Mobius
Sep 26, 2000

Tyma posted:

Bonk's always been interesting to me, because as a kid it was always mentioned in UK gaming magazines as some sort of "mario killer", even though the games were never released in the UK.

Watching someone play this is going to be like finding out Santa isn't real, isn't it? :{

Bonk's Adventure? Kinda. Bonk's Revenge, though, is excellent.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Tyma posted:

Bonk is a perfectly reasonable platformer for the period it was released in.

It was not anything close to a "Mario-killer" though.

(What was with gaming magazine's obsession with a game being a [genre-defining, super-popular game]-killer, anyway?)

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Random Stranger posted:

(What was with gaming magazine's obsession with a game being a [genre-defining, super-popular game]-killer, anyway?)

Horrible writing skills and lack of creativity, making it impossible for them to accurately describe how a game actually plays. Same reason every Yakuza game is reviewed as some sort of GTA clone eventhough the only thing they have in common is gangsters.

Edit: Cant wait for Yakuza Dead Souls to get reviewed as 'GTA meets Dead Rising!'

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Silentman0 posted:

I just had to stop the video to express my love of how Arino looks when he flubs the first bonus stage.

Someone needs to make that into a gif.

Gutcruncher posted:

Horrible writing skills and lack of creativity, making it impossible for them to accurately describe how a game actually plays. Same reason every Yakuza game is reviewed as some sort of GTA clone eventhough the only thing they have in common is gangsters.

The Yakuza games are so fun. I wish I had the time to be playing them (and Skyrim) right now. Instead I've been playing Wagan Land in short spurts. And that's why the Wagan Land episode will be the first one I translate for the year 2012.

Other episodes in my near-future queue: Masked Ninja Hanamaru, Kid Dracula (those two combined with Wagan Land will form the Deceivingly Harmless-Looking Trilogy) Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures, JJ and Jeff, Takeshi's Castle (featuring the Family Fun Fitness!), The Licensed Game Fest (a.k.a. The Korea Trip aftermath). Also, the 2-hour long live Takeshi's Challenge challenge (apologies in advance to whoever has to time it).

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 15, 2011

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

Someone needs to make that into a gif.

The Yakuza games are so fun. I wish I had the time to be playing them (and Skyrim) right now. Instead I've been playing Wagan Land in short spurts. And that's why the Wagan Land episode will be the first one I translate for the year 2012.

I promised myself I'd finish Kenzan before I ordered Yakuza 3 and 4. It's a great game but other things kept jumping out at me...

Oh good. No quiz or adventure game episodes. :v:

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

Edit: Cant wait for Yakuza Dead Souls to get reviewed as 'GTA meets Dead Rising!'

Isn't Yakuza: Dead Souls even a bit different than the normal Yakuza games? Like a bit more third-person shooter-y? Of the two offshoot games I'm still a little disappointed that they chose Dead Souls over Gaiden, but I guess in America that Zombies > Samurai. I'm still gonna eat it up, though.

This post was my meandering, off-topic sorta way of saying "Great job again, guys! Thanks for the episodes that only now I've been able to watch since finals are completely over! Yay!"

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Other episodes in my near-future queue: Masked Ninja Hanamaru, Kid Dracula (those two combined with Wagan Land will form the Deceivingly Harmless-Looking Trilogy) Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures, JJ and Jeff, Takeshi's Castle (featuring the Family Fun Fitness!), The Licensed Game Fest (a.k.a. The Korea Trip aftermath). Also, the 2-hour long live Takeshi's Challenge challenge (apologies in advance to whoever has to time it).

Glad to see more of whats to come. Glad to see Ninja Hanamaru (Yo Noid) from Capcom. Arino's record with Capcom games is an interesting one. Wagan Land will be fun as well as I want to see more of the 1st AD Takahashi. Arino and Takahashi working together on Yellow Devil in Megaman 1 was a favorite moment of mine. Can't wait to see these.

Deceased Crab
Dec 31, 2006

You're going to pay for this!!!
I'm really loving the translation work being done here, and the videos are pretty well timed and put together. It's fantastic, and unlike the dub and you don't lose any of the spirit of the show. But I'm not really a fan of the new OP. I kind of wish that you'd put back the chronological list of newly subbed episodes. Although the OP wasn't always up to date, it beats trying to hunt down the new entry in the giant list of all the episodes, or going through every single page of the thread.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Deceased Crab posted:

I'm really loving the translation work being done here, and the videos are pretty well timed and put together. It's fantastic, and unlike the dub and you don't lose any of the spirit of the show. But I'm not really a fan of the new OP. I kind of wish that you'd put back the chronological list of newly subbed episodes. Although the OP wasn't always up to date, it beats trying to hunt down the new entry in the giant list of all the episodes, or going through every single page of the thread.

A simple solution would just be a 'latest 3 episodes' bit at the top of the OP.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
:confused: unless you were being sarcastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
It would be pretty rad if the massive episode list could be split into seasons.

After reading the AD's bios I was curious to see what all the fuss over Inoko MAX was, but knowing he debuted in the 5th season didn't help at all.