Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
Parley was bringing Antimony over, and Kat presumably hasn't seen Shadow since the whole knife thing and didn't know how he was doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Yeah, I don't think very much time has passed at all. Tom even says Robot was an easy fix below the strip. The reason Annie and Kat tensed up was that they were each concerned about the results on the other side of things. Once Kat sees Annie smile and knows all is well, she smiles and breathes a sigh of relief. So yeah, a lot of time has not passed. Annie and Kat's reactions have nothing to do with being awkard around Parley... Robot is the one made of metal. Shadow 2 is the short one in the last panel. Eglamore is not in this strip.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Maybe he needs to wear clothes in order to "talk", now. Unless he can just do it through whatever he's standing (?) on. Either way I'm probably gonna imagine him sounding all muffled like Kenny from now on.

Also the upcoming hug is probably gonna look really weird.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
Daww ,Shadow 2 brought parkour bot a new cult hoodie.

Best buddies forever.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I was almost kind of hoping this would end up with Robot getting yet another body, but Shadow's new look more than makes up for it. Does this mean Shadow can move around independently in the light now, since he can cast a shadow himself?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Olivia42 posted:

I was almost kind of hoping this would end up with Robot getting yet another body, but Shadow's new look more than makes up for it. Does this mean Shadow can move around independently in the light now, since he can cast a shadow himself?
Maybe that's why he's wearing clothes, because he still needs to be shadowed over the majority of his body.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

When did Eglamore get so short?

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Cowcaster posted:

When did Eglamore get so short?

And why is he holding the hand of that Shadow guy?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Dodgeball posted:

And why is he holding the hand of that Shadow guy?

I just wonder why Jones let herself get cut by Parley. You'd think she'd be prepared for that kind of thing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

KezzKezzan posted:

I just wonder why Jones let herself get cut by Parley. You'd think she'd be prepared for that kind of thing.

Jones is not a shadow. By the way, it's nice to see Shadow 2 getting on with the times and finally going Shadow 3(D).

This joke was really bad and I apologize, but at least it wasn't a Jones joke. The previous one was.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
There is no :3: big enough.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
So the Giggleblade taught us a lesson about friendship. Truly the greatest prank of all.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

...and that's how you make a Black Mage!

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
ROBROHUG d'awwww.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

:glomp:

Making shadow 3-D was Coyote's plan all along.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Drunk Canuck posted:

:glomp:

Making shadow 3-D was Coyote's plan all along.

I dunno if "plan" is the right word but it sure was a sufficiently amusing outcome. Also. Awwwwwww.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Somewhere, Chibisoma's made a huge mess.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

SynthOrange posted:

Somewhere, Chibisoma's made a huge mess.

No, he's just making GBS threads up other threads around here. Can we pretend he never existed? It's bad enough to try and ignore his posts on the Games forum.

Also, on topic, I don't think Coyote planned for Shadow's dimension switch, but heck if he won't find it amusing.

vvvvv more like "aaaaaawwww, aawwwwwwwww!" now

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Dec 14, 2011

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Dodgeball posted:

"AAAAaaahh! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!"

Rescinded.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
This was cute. Way cute.

Phil Resch
May 11, 2006
Goon Through Charity (And Don't I Forget It)

Saoshyant posted:

Also, on topic, I don't think Coyote planned for Shadow's dimension switch, but heck if he won't find it amusing.

Huh. Does this mean Shadow 2 is now one step closer to the people Coyote was originally trying to create? (Caught an unintentional pun while proofreading. Spoilered because it's terrible, but way too apropos to today's strip to toss.)

Agreeable Employer
Apr 28, 2008
Well done, Tom. :)

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Everybody sing along:

E-bo-ny, and tech-no-lo-gy
Live to-ge-ther in per-fect har-mo-ny
Side by side at Gun-ner-krigg Court
Oh Lord why don't weeeeeeeeeeee...

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Shadow 2 was more concerned for his friend than the fact that he gained another dimension. :3:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Kuros posted:

Shadow 2 was more concerned for his friend than the fact that he gained another dimension. :3:

You might say Tom's giving this character more depth :downsrim:

Phil Resch posted:

Does this mean Shadow 2 is now one step closer to the people Coyote was originally trying to create?

Fairly possible. I do wish we would get more insight into Coyote's mind more often.

On another (but possibly related) note, I recently re-read the chapter of Surma and Eglamore's (mis)adventures as teens and was oddly surprised to find out I had forgotten that Jones was their age at the time. Here's another mystery years away from being revealed.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

I recently re-read the chapter of Surma and Eglamore's (mis)adventures as teens

You're supposed to provide a page link when you do this. Honestly, don't you know anything about how this thread works? I have finals to not study for.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

I don't even know why I keep Gunnerkrigg in my RSS feed, I always just go to the page at midnight. This is the best comic.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Kismet posted:

You're supposed to provide a page link when you do this. Honestly, don't you know anything about how this thread works? I have finals to not study for.

Oh, I'm so sorry. How completely insensitive of me. Please carry on with your studies.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All the :3: in the world can't express my feelings right now.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Saoshyant posted:

Please carry on with your studies.

That's actually my least favorite page in the entire comic, entirely because of the third panel. "Oh, its okay Carver, no consequences for your actions!"

I'm glad Tom's writing has improved since then.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I did link that page under studies because I wanted to contrast the tiny details on how Tom improved his craft compared with later strips where exposition is done better in my opinion (and the art, obviously).

However, I'll disagree with you. If there's one thing that Tom seems to have always figured out is the voice of the characters. Nailed them to the point you can even figure who they are if you were just reading the script without any illustration. So when Eglamore says that, he's being very much Eglamore. A guy who thinks rules are an annoyance, is protective of the young girl in front of him, and tends to downplay serious situations if he can't detect any immediate danger. I am fairly sure that that panel's intention was not to do a cop out on Annie's actions in the previous chapter. Like, at all.

You are, of course, entitled to your own opinion on the subject. v:shobon:v

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

1stGear posted:

That's actually my least favorite page in the entire comic, entirely because of the third panel. "Oh, its okay Carver, no consequences for your actions!"

I'm glad Tom's writing has improved since then.

Wait what? It WAS unfair to expect Annie to keep a secret like that from her best friend. I don't consider it bad writing at all.

Also I love Reynardine's progression throughout the comic. He's rarely in toy form anymore.

Spooky Candle
Dec 2, 2011

In Nature, death is but a gateway to New Life.
Walking is awkward, Robot.

Cestrian
Nov 5, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Wait what? It WAS unfair to expect Annie to keep a secret like that from her best friend. I don't consider it bad writing at all.

Plus, she actually did keep that secret from Kat. Right up until the point where Reynard turned out to be still alive and Kat really needed to know what happened for her own safety, something that Elgamore probably would have allowed for had he considered the possibility.

Honestly, compared to all the actually dodgy things Annie has done, it seems odd to hold that one against her.

nothings
Sep 29, 2008

Cestrian posted:

Macaluso posted:

Plus, she actually did keep that secret from Kat. Right up until the point where Reynard turned out to be still alive and Kat really needed to know what happened for her own safety, something that Elgamore probably would have allowed for had he considered the possibility.

That's not really relevant to the "bad writing" question, because Elgamore doesn't know that at the point where he delivers the line being questioned. (But which I think is fine anyway.)

sansuki
May 17, 2003

More like Shadow 3-D.

:smug:

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
SO MUCH HUGGING

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

This is giving me the best kind of diabetes :3:

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I think I can get behind a a story based entirely around the goal getting two adorable characters to hug each other. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
For a moment, I thought Kat was going to kiss Annie.