Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I got two more cards today. I didn't mean that I wanted actual stuff when I said "or starwars stuff" I meant a more "Starwars related cards or jokes".

I did get a pretty sweat palpatine sticker out of it, though! I got magnets today and I'm putting all the cards on my fridge and my roommate will drat well appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Oh, exciting!

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 29, 2017

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Phew! Just sent another batch, I've sent around 25 to goons, and another 20ish to my family etc.

I always try to put something inside the envelope in addition to a card or whatever, sometimes I find some neat stuff other times I only have some odd stuff. So please be aware that I send weird non sequitur stuff sometimes. A few years ago one goon was bewildered almost to the point of offended because of my envelope stuffing, hehe. So I apologize in advance if I send anything uninteresting like a postcard. I try to find interesting things at least!

I *might* send another batch out, but as of tonight I think that's the last. I have used up all my xmas stamps. Happy holidays everyone! See you for the next special event/holiday on the horizon. :D

Rev Quackers
Oct 28, 2007

Wait, are those Pineapple Margaritas?!? Ducks FUCKING LOVE Margaritas! They're practicality our favorite things ever!
now that finals are over for me I'm in

Rev Quackers
1835 Dunn Road
Merced, CA 95340

I'll be sending out a grab bag of card I've collected over the years.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Thank you zombiesharks for the card and the goodies!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I sent out a bunch of cards but I'm not getting many. I don't trust my post lady. :(

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I want to say a hearty Thank You to all the nice goons who have sent me mail. The postman had to walk up to the door and ask "Is there anyone here by the name of Suitcase T. Rootbeer?" and I laughed in his face.

I will be sending back cards n stuff but it may not be anytime soon as I have no stamps, or job, or money.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

party hat posted:

I sent out a bunch of cards but I'm not getting many. I don't trust my post lady. :(

I sent you one!

Katy
Oct 12, 2004
GE Cafe is my neighbor.
Thank you so much zombiesharks!! Fukken kewl temporary dinosaur tattoo and more confetti than my cat can eat in one sitting! I'll send one back from an exotic locale very soon 8)

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Got some cards from Genesplicer, 13Pandora13, and WhenWorldsCollide!

Started a nice little clothesline thing to show all of them off :3:

Exams are finally over so I've started mailing out cards. I ran out of Christmas themed stuff for the cards so a lot of you got Batman stuff. Pretty much the same thing though, right?

peanutbutterunicorn
Jul 31, 2009

I just want to thank those of you who I have received cards from so far.. This year has been tough, I uprooted myself to move to Seattle to be closer to my dad and now I learn that he is moving next month to San Antonio (any Seattle goons know of a place to rent??) :-(

But cards from Mars Attacks, Aunt Buck, Keetron, and my favorite from Mysa have made each day of surprise mail really put a smile on my face.

I am glad that momma valet enjoyed her cards. I went through something similar two years ago, but now I can't exchange cards with my stepmom (gently caress cancer).

Also, Mysa, I admire people that are not deathly afraid of horses like I am. Unicorns - no problem - but horses, oh gawd.

Keetron, bless your heart, I just couldn't make out what kind of recipes you wanted to swap?

Happy WhateverHolidayYouCelebrate Goons!

P.S. My dad still can't wrap his head around 'internet friends'. Jeezus, that is how he met his now wife. :banjo:

DREAM PHONE
Sep 29, 2006
You're right! I really like you!
I've not done this card exchange before!

DREAM PHONE
24A Lawn St
Roxbury Crossing, MA

I'm 23, a girl, and will enjoy any card received. Homemade/funny/bizarre/creative a plus.

I will make sure to send out some strange homemade cards of my own!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

:siren:Rufus En Fuego:siren:

I received both the card for myself and the one for my mommy (which shall remain unopened until she can open it!

Thank you for all the nifty things. And...the bed full of santa and star shaped glitter. That was...unexpected. :p

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
Got my first goonmail!
Thank you zombiesharks and Team Lunchfor the cards and stickers!

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"

cuntvalet posted:

:siren:Rufus En Fuego:siren:

I received both the card for myself and the one for my mommy (which shall remain unopened until she can open it!

Thank you for all the nifty things. And...the bed full of santa and star shaped glitter. That was...unexpected. :p

Ah! Confetti! The gift that keeps on giving...

...me endless satisfaction. :3:

Better warn Mamavalet, though.

Or not.

You're welcome.

:haw:

Andaley
Apr 7, 2011

Yay! First piece of Goon Mail and first Christmas card this year! Thanks Team Lunch!!!

Those reindeer are too cute! I'll send out more cards tomorrow - restocked on stamps, so watch out!

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

This newb claimed by ChlamydiaJones; remember, bad things happen in theaters sometimes.

Holiday cheer has come my way from Lamb, Meriruka, Aunt Buck, and Keetron. Thanks goons!

I'll be sending out fun greetings this week, oh yes I will.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Thanks to lamb who always manages to brighten my holidays!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Hey guys! look! This is my bedroom door, looking all festive, so even when I'm having a rough day, when I leave my room, I see all the amazing cards and go :3: to myself.

Keep them coming! I look forward to plastering my wall with goonlove (okay so that sounds a little gross, granted...).

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got a card from marsattacks today, and for some reason I felt compelled to sing the mail song from Blue's Clues while I opened it and my boyfriend laughed at me. The card had Blue's Clues stickers inside. :aaa:

It's like I'm a psychic, but only for really stupid stuff. :saddowns:

Also, thanks to Drei and 13Pandora13 for helping add some cheer to my living room! I'm going to need another row of string soon.. Maybe I'll put some on our scraggly little tree too.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

peanutbutterunicorn posted:

Keetron, bless your heart, I just couldn't make out what kind of recipes you wanted to swap?

Ehm, to be honest, I send out 40 cards and wrote all kinds of random things ranging from very depressed to very upbeat depending on the time of day and my mood. So I have no idea what you are talking about and I hope you do not take it personal if it was something you might see as offensive. This goes for everyone that received a card from me.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I want to find a site to order specialized cards because I can't find anything good at walgreens / walmart.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Mizufusion posted:

I got a card from marsattacks today, and for some reason I felt compelled to sing the mail song from Blue's Clues while I opened it and my boyfriend laughed at me. The card had Blue's Clues stickers inside. :aaa:

That is brilliant.

I knew I got those stickers for a reason.

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous

Ularg posted:

I want to find a site to order specialized cards because I can't find anything good at walgreens / walmart.

Why not design your own in GIMP or MS Paint and print them yourself? You can pick up the supplies at any office supply shop. I did that one year and they turned out really nice.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Josh Lyman posted:

Thanks to lamb who always manages to brighten my holidays!

I wanted to say thanks to lamb too! I got a bitching Black Santa card... Thanks lamb, and also the Amsterdam euro-goon who's name I can't make out.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
Yeah, lamb! Open the envelope and BOOM, Black Santa. I never see that. Thanks! :)

peanutbutterunicorn
Jul 31, 2009

Keetron posted:

Ehm, to be honest, I send out 40 cards and wrote all kinds of random things ranging from very depressed to very upbeat depending on the time of day and my mood. So I have no idea what you are talking about and I hope you do not take it personal if it was something you might see as offensive. This goes for everyone that received a card from me.

Oh, definitely no offense taken. You just mentioned how the season drains you and all that and I can totally relate. I just couldn't figure out the last part...

Here's to you though, keep your head up. My xmas is going to be extra terrible this year since my little boy is across the US from me and I am stuck in this city (Seattle) not knowing a soul...

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
I got some sweet cards today from forums posters Lamb and AuntBuck! Thank you both! I'll be mailing out my next batch either today or tomorrow, this time featuring actual Christmas cards.

Keetron posted:

Oh, don't worry. I can't imagine it being any weirder than the (presumably) female goon who sent me a Christmas card two years ago that asked about the size of my penis. I assume she was drunk; she didn't even put a return address on the envelope.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

topenga posted:

Yeah, lamb! Open the envelope and BOOM, Black Santa. I never see that. Thanks! :)

I found those cards last year after Christmas for a dollar in the clearance bin at Hallmark. I got a very odd look from the cashier when I bought them.

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goons are the best! I've been having the shittiest time at work over the last few weeks, but coming home to love in my mailbox from goons made it all worthwhile!
Thank you Encephalopathy, nonpromqueen, Tendai, Famine Poodle, Keetron for all the goony cheer!

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

I got great cards and trinkets from Zombiesharks and TheNinjaScotsman! Thanks guys, and happy Goonmas - expect something back!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
Big thanks to lamb for the black santa card filled with wonderful goodies! Made my day!

The Peacock
Dec 3, 2010
OMG OMG OMG :ohdearsass:

I'm signing up if it's not too late!

The Peacock
-redacted-

The Peacock fucked around with this message at 01:38 on May 1, 2012

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!
Thank you so much everyone who has sent me a card. I've been very ill (GI stuff) and depressed lately (family and financial issues) and the goonmail makes it a little better. I'll try to get cards out tomorrow (need stamps) but I've just been so sick this week it's not funny.

Amarie fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 14, 2011

North of Gravity
Jun 30, 2007

did y0u pr0gram this r0b0t t0 have feelings f0r y0u?
R0MANTIC FEELINGS???

D --> Is that not ok
Argh, I know that I still owe Team Lunch and lamb cards in return for the awesome Hallowe'en ones that they sent me. Finals are going to be over for me on Friday, and after then I can buckle down and get to work crafting some really horrible Christmas cards.

I guess I'll just go ahead and repost my address here in case anyone wants to send me anything first -- if you write to me, I will definitely write you back! (It just might take me a little while...)

G. Cichy
PO Box 4544
Ann Arbor, MI
USA

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Thank you Miryei for the awesome handmade card!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Awesome Emperor sticker.

More awesome Christmas stickers.

Really loving cards and messages, I love you guys.

Also got one of those soak-on temp tattoos, I'm nerdy enough to wear it proudly until I wash it off accidentally while showering.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Okay, so another round of (slightly soggy... drat you, weather! :argh:) holiday mail has gone out from Nebraska! Everyone in today's batch gets "bored at work" pencil drawings and "took the day off work" messages, with markedly more stickers on the envelope than previous cards (since before I didn't have any)! :D

To everyone who's sent me stickers, I'm sharing them with other goons by putting them on envelopes... hope that's okay. :ohdear: (I also got some of my own to put on envelopes as well, so, no worries, your stickers aren't doing the heavy lifting!)

Also, Keetron, your card was awesome. We loved the message you wrote (must have caught you on the mood upswing, haha), and the card itself was gorgeous. :) I'll post a picture when I get a few more cards to put in the picture!

Niemat fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 14, 2011

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

:siren: Mega urgent request :siren:

I need to acquire a Specific Japanese candy (that might not even exist anymore) as quickly as possible. I'm looking for Meiji cotton candy that turns into gum. Any/all flavors. I can pay you or do an American goodie exchange, whatever works out.

Now that that's aside, I got some awesome goonmail from Aunt Buck and Miryei as well as a holiday goodie package from The Pit Goddess! Replies incoming. :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13Pandora13 posted:

:siren: Mega urgent request :siren:

I need to acquire a Specific Japanese candy (that might not even exist anymore) as quickly as possible. I'm looking for Meiji cotton candy that turns into gum. Any/all flavors. I can pay you or do an American goodie exchange, whatever works out.

Now that that's aside, I got some awesome goonmail from Aunt Buck and Miryei as well as a holiday goodie package from The Pit Goddess! Replies incoming. :neckbeard:

Is this what you're talking about?
http://catalog-p.meiji.co.jp/products/sweets/kids_character/010407/12754.html

If so, I'll look for it, and would be happy to exchange for Reese's or gumdrops or other tasty American treats (if I can find it.) It looks like cola is the only flavor...