Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pangalin
Aug 11, 2007

Grown men are talking.

zari-gani posted:

Someone needs to make that into a gif.

Kachou NO BONUS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceased Crab
Dec 31, 2006

You're going to pay for this!!!

Crotch Bat posted:

:confused: unless you were being sarcastic

Or maybe I'm just a little slow and have poor reading comprehension skills. I kind of like a longer list though.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Even though Bonk's Adventure was the main part of the episode, seeing the documentary of the Christmas Eve live show was pretty great to see (spoilering just to be safe) Arino finally conquering Quest of Ki.

Also, was Bonk's Adventure really that hard? I played it on Virtual Console a few years ago and don't remember it being as hard as it looks on the show. :confused:

Pangalin posted:

Kachou NO BONUS
That was one of the best reactions I've ever seen to something so minor. He looks like he ran over his neighbor's cat or dog and knows that he has to give them the bad news.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Deceased Crab posted:

Or maybe I'm just a little slow and have poor reading comprehension skills. I kind of like a longer list though.

Like the one in the OP?

PowFu
Dec 31, 2010
I'd just like to thank whoever paid for that banner and making me aware of this show. It's been keeping me entertained and relaxed for finals. Arino is seriously awesome, I could never imagine myself losing on the same level for several hours straight and still keep going.

I just wish the large file sizes wouldn't kill my download cap so fast, but I know nothing about video encoding or file hosting so whatever.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Silentman0 posted:

Like the one in the OP?

The one thing I'd change is to at least break that list up into the actual seasons so it's a little easier to organize and whatnot. Just a little line of "Season 5" or something.

Deceased Crab
Dec 31, 2006

You're going to pay for this!!!

Silentman0 posted:

Like the one in the OP?

No, dangit. Like the one in the last OP.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Tyma posted:

Bonk's always been interesting to me, because as a kid it was always mentioned in UK gaming magazines as some sort of "mario killer", even though the games were never released in the UK.

Watching someone play this is going to be like finding out Santa isn't real, isn't it? :{

It came out on the amiga but they removed the continue feature which made it stupidly hard for me as a kid. I remember beating the first boss but i could never get to the drat second boss with only 3 lives.

Oh yea, love this show all tahnks translating guys!

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Mr Phillby posted:

It would be pretty rad if the massive episode list could be split into seasons.

After reading the AD's bios I was curious to see what all the fuss over Inoko MAX was, but knowing he debuted in the 5th season didn't help at all.

Well, there's not really a huge fuss. We just like him a normal amount.

The reason I like him is that he comes off as this very earnest person, who's just trying hard to impress his boss. Of course, he rarely succeeds, but there's a certain every-man quality to him that makes his weirdness even more delightful.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Mobius posted:

My backlog of GCCX episodes has gotten embarassingly large. You guys are friggin amazing!
I made it up to Street Fighter and Castlevania 3. Street Fighter is definitely one of my favorite episodes now.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Mr Phillby posted:

It would be pretty rad if the massive episode list could be split into seasons.

After reading the AD's bios I was curious to see what all the fuss over Inoko MAX was, but knowing he debuted in the 5th season didn't help at all.
Watch Umihare Kawase, Contra, and Bonanza Brothers immediately.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So is this the first time Arino had to Restart through no fault of his own?

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 15, 2011

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

rdbbb posted:

Hello nightmares. :ohdear:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Hello best episode ever. :aaa:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

rdbbb posted:

this episode needs to get translated like right now

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

rdbbb posted:

It's like a dream cone true. :swoon:

But seriously, this needs to be subbed and on my Hard Drive yesterday. So looking forward to this one.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
I think we need to pool our funds and set up a bounty to get this episode translated ahead of all the others in the queue.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

xamphear posted:

I think we need to pool our funds and set up a bounty to get this episode translated ahead of all the others in the queue.

I second this motion - officially, we can call it the Team SAGCCX Christmas Fund. They deserve something back from the fans!

Linnear
Nov 3, 2010
...I ...I really want to try that cartoon meat. It was my dream, as a child. Eventually I grew up, as all children must, and settled for steak, but the dream never really went away.

Although it does look a little too easy to bite into. I think one should struggle with it a little more, really sink their teeth in and wrest the meat from the bone.

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

Linnear posted:

...I ...I really want to try that cartoon meat. It was my dream, as a child. Eventually I grew up, as all children must, and settled for steak, but the dream never really went away.

Although it does look a little too easy to bite into. I think one should struggle with it a little more, really sink their teeth in and wrest the meat from the bone.

I dunno. It looked really appetizing until he pulled the cheese out of it. It might just be me, but having a ton of cheese cooked into the meat wouldn't taste all that good. I guess it depends on the meat - I couldn't tell from the video.

That Battletoads Arino image is the stuff made of nightmares. I can't wait.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
More food talk! :dance:

My sister-in-law sometimes makes turkey patties with pepper jack cheese inside. It's really awesome if it has a good meat to cheese ratio. These are probably even better.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

rdbbb posted:

I don't know which is crueler to Arino, making him play Battletoads or photoshopping his face onto a Battletoad.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.
Uh... isn't the Japanese version supposed to be pretty easy compared to the one the rest of the world got?

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

Bovineicide posted:

Uh... isn't the Japanese version supposed to be pretty easy compared to the one the rest of the world got?

This is Battletoads we're talking about - when people say the Japanese version is easier, they mean that it's relatively easier. Arino still has his work cut out for him. :)

To finish up this food derail:
I guess "meat to cheese" ratio is the magic variable here. When it's right it's really good, but more often than not it was like someone wrapped meat over a cheese wheel and was kinda gross. I'm probably biased by the fact that I don't go to very good restaurants, hahaha. V:shobon:V

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Bovineicide posted:

At this point I should say that this is a two-parter.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

rdbbb posted:

Yessssssss

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I may have to watch the raws or the anticipation will be too much for me. :negative:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

rdbbb posted:

Well, I know what I'm going to be scheduling for an upcoming movie night. :v:

PosSibley
Jan 11, 2008

21rst Century Digital Boy
I never really played Bonk and the continue screens are ridiculous:

PITHECANTHROPUS
COMPUTERURUS

Not computersaurus or computerus but computeRUrus! They also named the triceratops chess pieces T. Rex? What?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

PosSibley posted:

I never really played Bonk and the continue screens are ridiculous:

PITHECANTHROPUS
COMPUTERURUS

Not computersaurus or computerus but computeRUrus! They also named the triceratops chess pieces T. Rex? What?

Japan?

Pixle
Aug 15, 2004
Not quite sure I follow you there

rdbbb posted:

This is pretty much all my dreams come true.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Please tell me there's co-op segment in the Battletoads episode. I love Arino and some poor assistant trying their hardest to work together in GCCX only ultimately to fail due to Arino's antics. Reminds me of scrolling beat'em'ups and other games where powerups are limited and that rear end in a top hat you're playing with keeps hogging all the turkeys and pizzas when you're the one actually in need. Battletoads is just perfect for co-op failure.

Egregious
Oct 29, 2011

jyrque posted:

Battletoads is just perfect for co-op failure.

This pretty much sums up my experience with Battletoads playing with a neighbor as a kid. In fact I remember the rappelling part a bit more irritatingly than the infamous Wind Tunnel segment.

Jimmy Colorado
Apr 16, 2010

Egregious posted:

This pretty much sums up my experience with Battletoads playing with a neighbor as a kid. In fact I remember the rappelling part a bit more irritatingly than the infamous Wind Tunnel segment.

For me it begins and ends with the wind tunnel: when one of you dies, you both die. Total bullshit. Considering how infamous the game is in this regard, if Arino and say, Inoko MAX do co-op on that particular section of the game, it would seem too coincidental and scripted. There are plenty of places where two players are actually a handicap (read: the entire game), so having them beat each other up "accidentally" while swarmed with enemies would seem more genuine.

I'm happy they're doing Battletoads though, as it's a legit, insanely tough game. I was watching the raws of Super Mario World, and the one thing that really gets my goat is when Arino continually fails on the easiest games ever made in the history of people making and playing games. He lost 60 lives (SIXTY!) on the 4th castle. It's infuriating!

Risky
May 18, 2003

Jimmy Colorado posted:

I'm happy they're doing Battletoads though, as it's a legit, insanely tough game. I was watching the raws of Super Mario World, and the one thing that really gets my goat is when Arino continually fails on the easiest games ever made in the history of people making and playing games. He lost 60 lives (SIXTY!) on the 4th castle. It's infuriating!

Yea, I was nerd-raging when Arino kept dying in one of the easiest parts of Kid Icarus. I mean, I wasn't that bad when I beat it when I was 12.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

jyrque posted:

Please tell me there's co-op segment in the Battletoads episode. I love Arino and some poor assistant trying their hardest to work together in GCCX only ultimately to fail due to Arino's antics. Reminds me of scrolling beat'em'ups and other games where powerups are limited and that rear end in a top hat you're playing with keeps hogging all the turkeys and pizzas when you're the one actually in need. Battletoads is just perfect for co-op failure.

No AD appearance at all in this first part.

Padgjj
Jan 4, 2008
Never trouble trouble 'til trouble troubles you

Linnear posted:

I've just watched Arino winning a tin of Ritz crackers from a UFO catcher and it really made me wish he had legendary stuff like that in our prize games. I would always pick ritz's.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Linnear posted:

Oh God, I want it too. :(

Does anyone have a good picture of it? I need to show people that cartoon meat is totally real and contains cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

Useless people make for excellent target practice.

rdbbb posted:

No AD appearance at all in this first part.

First part? Now I'm REALLY looking forward to this. I wonder if they decided on Battletoads because of the suggestions from people on the USA trip...