Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BobFromMarketing posted:

There are a few quirks about the stock launcher on the Nexus I dislike but overall I am quite happy with it. I am however waiting for this bad boy to come out. http://youtu.be/SYzYQ6YtepU The ugly ultra simplistic clock is the one thing I really need to change when I get a spare moment.

This launcher is astonishingly pretty and fluid but when you take a step back you have to realize it's absurdly busy for a mobile product. It also appears to be MIUI based which IMHO is a turn off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Maker Of Shoes posted:

This launcher is astonishingly pretty and fluid but when you take a step back you have to realize it's absurdly busy for a mobile product. It also appears to be MIUI based which IMHO is a turn off.

It probably runs on any OS, the person just happens to have MIUI installed. But I agree, it's really nice, but has way too much going on. I'll probably still check it out, but I can't see it being the 10 cent ADW EX I got from the market.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Yeah, I'm finally an ADW EX convert. Fede's abandonment of LP+ is disheartening and with ICS right around the corner this "re-write" of his is going to become moot anyway. ADWEX has the better feature set and Android Pro Widgets definitely picks up the widget slack. My only complaint about ADW EX is that it takes some tinkering to get set up the way you like it and the menu layout for its options seems...well, not good.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
How do I convince the market that I don't own something? I bought GTAIII but it didn't download right so I uninstalled it to redownload. Except it refunded my money but says I already own it. So I go to download it and it says "You haven't purchased this yet." How do I get to to let me purchase the drat thing so I can download it again?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Cojawfee posted:

How do I convince the market that I don't own something? I bought GTAIII but it didn't download right so I uninstalled it to redownload. Except it refunded my money but says I already own it. So I go to download it and it says "You haven't purchased this yet." How do I get to to let me purchase the drat thing so I can download it again?

Try clearing Market cache and force stopping it.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Anybody have a nice-looking, scrollable agenda widget? I love the LauncherPro agenda widget, but I hate that I can't pull it out of LPP.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Aatrek posted:

Anybody have a nice-looking, scrollable agenda widget? I love the LauncherPro agenda widget, but I hate that I can't pull it out of LPP.

Android Pro Widgets has one identical that even uses the same skins (if you pay for the pro version, which adds some other features too.)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Try clearing Market cache and force stopping it.

I got it eventually, but turns out GTA3 doesn't work on GNEX. Maybe someday.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

big mean giraffe posted:

Android Pro Widgets has one identical that even uses the same skins (if you pay for the pro version, which adds some other features too.)

Brilliant. Thanks!

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

big mean giraffe posted:

There's also Pure Calendar if for whatever reason you don't like APW. APW is by far the better deal, though, since you also get widgets for contacts, bookmarks, twitter, and facebook.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Penguissimo posted:

There's also Pure Calendar if for whatever reason you don't like APW. APW is by far the better deal, though, since you also get widgets for contacts, bookmarks, twitter, and facebook.
If you don't want need the calendar view but would like Google Tasks in the agenda I can't recommend Android Agenda Widget enough. It's customizable as hell, free, and good-looking.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
So how is Google Music treating everyone's battery? I like the service/app but it seems to really be chewing my battery up. I have about a half-hour commute and Music seems to be eating almost 10% of battery life in that time. My signal is usually good save for one 5-minute stretch where it can get dicey.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Any recommendations for a better keyboard than the stock one?

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm a fan of Smart Keyboard Pro. Swiftkey X isn't bad but I had a problem with the spacing of the keys.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Most people fall into either the Swype camp or the SwiftKey camp.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

LastInLine posted:

If you don't want need the calendar view but would like Google Tasks in the agenda I can't recommend Android Agenda Widget enough. It's customizable as hell, free, and good-looking.

Whoa, this looks slick. I'll have to give it a try.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I like Swiftkey X, it is pretty much the stock keyboard with better word prediction.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Is there anything like AppShopper for Android? I'd like to add a whole mess of apps to a wishlist and get notified when one of them goes on sale.

Harvey Wine Time
May 15, 2011

by angerbeet

Thoom posted:

Is there anything like AppShopper for Android? I'd like to add a whole mess of apps to a wishlist and get notified when one of them goes on sale.

On a Christmassy note, my company just launched an app catalog called CandyApps. Currently the focus is on festive apps, but that will change in January

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If you have to poke at the keyboard, Swiftkey X is great, otherwise I find Swype far smoother and easier to type on. On the other hand, if you don't have Swype already installed on your phone, you can't really get it.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Elliotw2 posted:

If you have to poke at the keyboard, Swiftkey X is great, otherwise I find Swype far smoother and easier to type on. On the other hand, if you don't have Swype already installed on your phone, you can't really get it.

The Swype Beta is open to everybody :confused:

http://beta.swype.com/android/create/

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
e:f/b ^^^

Elliotw2 posted:

They closed the beta?

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Thoom posted:

Appbrain

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Is Swype better than Slide IT?

I got that during the 10 cent sale and I love the input method, but if there's a better alternative I'd switch.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
The Ice Cream Sandwich keyboard on the market is really good, got me to give up the HTC sense 3 KB.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Vykk.Draygo posted:

The Swype Beta is open to everybody :confused:

http://beta.swype.com/android/create/

Oh, I didn't realize that they opened the beta to everyone. Never mind that then, get swype unless you like poking

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is there an app similar to streamtome on iOS I can run on cm7?
I dont mind if its a paid app. I have tried VLC direct and Orb, but I need something that I can sort my huge video collection by date or a-z as well as have a search function. subtitle support and video seeking also

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

IRQ posted:

Is Swype better than Slide IT?

I got that during the 10 cent sale and I love the input method, but if there's a better alternative I'd switch.

Yes. gently caress the naysayers. Yes.

lazydog
Apr 15, 2003

Fauxtool posted:

I dont mind if its a paid app. I have tried VLC direct and Orb, but I need something that I can sort my huge video collection by date or a-z as well as have a search function. subtitle support and video seeking also

Plex can do what you want, but subtitles seem to be broken in the most recent version of the android app.

No Ticket
Jul 20, 2007
This allowed me to install Google Wallet on my stock Verizon Nexus. I don't have a MasterCard but they did give me a free $10.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Maker Of Shoes posted:

After using Launcher 7, pretty much everything is too busy. But my boner for metro UI will probably not subside until something even more gimmicky comes along or i finally get sick of it.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

No Ticket posted:

This allowed me to install Google Wallet on my stock Verizon Nexus. I don't have a MasterCard but they did give me a free $10.

This worked for me on my rooted LTE nexus. However it did reboot my phone after adding funds to my google card

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

hotsauce posted:

Appbrain

I don't see anything on Appbrain that would notify me about a price drop.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

big mean giraffe posted:

The Ice Cream Sandwich keyboard on the market is really good, got me to give up the HTC sense 3 KB.

Seconding Ice Cream Sandwich keyboard. It's pretty customizable and looks good. I enjoy using it more than I did Swiftkey X.

Rapsey
Sep 29, 2005

Fauxtool posted:

Emit. Though only file sorting by name.
https://market.android.com/details?id=tv.wpn.biokoda.android.emitfree
https://market.android.com/details?id=tv.wpn.biokoda.android.emit

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

For what it's worth, EmitFree crashes instantly on my Nexus.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

No Ticket posted:

Aw crap, I hoped it'd work. I've read about people using Wallet in Germany, on Nexus S devices. So at least back then, it didn't seem so much of a problem to run it outside of the US. Tried installing it on a Galaxy Nexus GSM.

Rapsey
Sep 29, 2005

Sereri posted:

For what it's worth, EmitFree crashes instantly on my Nexus.
ICS? We will be releasing a fix for that in a day or two.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Combat Pretzel posted:

Aw crap, I hoped it'd work. I've read about people using Wallet in Germany, on Nexus S devices. So at least back then, it didn't seem so much of a problem to run it outside of the US. Tried installing it on a Galaxy Nexus GSM.

My CDMA Galaxy Nexus is unlocked and rooted and this installed without a hitch. The only problem is that now I have no idea where to use it at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

letsgoflyers81
Aug 7, 2003

C IS FOR COOKIE!

soru posted:

Are you Galaxy Nexus people using the ICS launcher or back to LPP/ADW/etc? I'm not loving the stock one very much.

Try Nova Launcher. It's basically the stock ICS launcher with features from LPP etc like changeable grid size, multiple docks, and no search bar. It's excellent.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1389071

• Locked thread