Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Batista liked Daniel Bryan before everyone did and started hating him before everyone did.

Basically, Batista is a wrestling hipster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
To be fair it's not as if they've been booking him to be some kind of world beater. He shouldn't be world champion. Not till he's had a great big push that makes him look great. Now they're ether going to book him well after they've thrown him to the top or do the same thing they've done with Swagger and both won't really get him over.

Although with Batista it might have been size and promo ability he's talking about.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
So if Bryan goes down to Gracie Fighter Tampa and taps Batista out, will he accept Bryan as a champion, or what?

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Batista outweighs Bryan by about 70lbs and trains in MMA regularly, so that would be a pretty interesting fight to behold

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Mystery Opponent posted:

Batista outweighs Bryan by about 70lbs and trains in MMA regularly, so that would be a pretty interesting fight to behold

And I've heard Batista is quite legit at it, but Bryan - supposedly - was a lot better at it than Batista is, back when Bryan trained regularly.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Mystery Opponent posted:

Basically, Batista is a wrestling hipster

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Still, very good of Batista to do that for Daniel Bryan. If he hadn't there's a very good chance he could have gotten the Low-Ki treatment.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

Mega GIRL posted:

He is such a giant douchebag-looking dude.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Edwardian posted:

He is such a giant douchebag-looking dude.

What do you mean, "-looking?"

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Batista is about as eloquent as Manflurry talking about catears, but there's nothing wrong with his point. It's pretty much my attitude. I love Daniel Bryan as a worker but giving him a belt he isn't over enough for, he isn't ready for and storyline sense he's clearly not good enough for only undermines the win in itself. We've been through this before with Jack Swagger.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

The Increasingly Desperate Axl Rotten posted:

RAW in Philly 2nite. old school ECW fans going? I'd Love an "AXL ROTTEN" sign on TV. I'll Give a shirt & signed 8x10. Need proof it was u!

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Lone Rogue posted:

Batista is about as eloquent as Manflurry talking about catears, but there's nothing wrong with his point. It's pretty much my attitude. I love Daniel Bryan as a worker but giving him a belt he isn't over enough for, he isn't ready for and storyline sense he's clearly not good enough for only undermines the win in itself. We've been through this before with Jack Swagger.

I'd wager that Batista isn't saying Bryan shouldn't have the title because he isn't booked strongly - it's because Bryan is small. Or he thinks Bryan lacks star quality, is just a vanilla technician, or something.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I'd wager that Batista isn't saying Bryan shouldn't have the title because he isn't booked strongly - it's because Bryan is small. Or he thinks Bryan lacks star quality, is just a vanilla technician, or something.

Daniel Bryan: 5'10"
Eddie Guerrero: 5'8"

Maybe I'm giving Batista the benefit of the doubt (I've done stupider things) but I don't think he doubts Daniel Bryan because of his size. He doubts him because he doesn't buy into him as Champ right now. And gently caress, I agree with him. I wouldn't buy Eddie Guerrero as WWF World Champ in 2002 but enough changed by 2004 that I did. Is that so wrong?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Lone Rogue posted:

Remember how big Eddie was at the end of his career? He wasn't that tall, but he was juiced to the gills.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Lone Rogue posted:

Maybe I'm giving Batista the benefit of the doubt (I've done stupider things) but I don't think he doubts Daniel Bryan because of his size. He doubts him because he doesn't buy into him as Champ right now. And gently caress, I agree with him. I wouldn't buy Eddie Guerrero as WWF World Champ in 2002 but enough changed by 2004 that I did. Is that so wrong?

Given that Batista does not watch the product, it would be difficult for me to accept he's looking at it from a booking perspective. He doesn't know what the current booking is.

And Eddie was jacked up to a ludicrous degree, while Bryan is a much smaller, athletic-looking wrestler. Height aside, I could definitely see Batista docking Bryan for being smaller.

Ultimately though, who knows? Batista was probably just drunk ranting (and god forbid if that wasn't drunk ranting).

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Grant DaNasty posted:

Remember how big Eddie was at the end of his career? He wasn't that tall, but he was juiced to the gills.

Am I the only one noticing how much more jacked Bryan looks right now compared to how he did when he came in at NXT? Dude is gettin' cut. I'm not accusing him of anything, just pointing out that he's a lot bigger than he was a year ago.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Lone Rogue posted:

Danielson had a pussy win last night but that's typical of all MITB winners; like the way he is booked, it's not his fault and at least he has consistently good matches even when he's on the losing end. Given that a big difference between Eddie 2002 and Eddie 2004 was steroids, yes I'd say there is something wrong.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Mega GIRL posted:

Danielson had a pussy win last night but that's typical of all MITB winners; like the way he is booked, it's not his fault and at least he has consistently good matches even when he's on the losing end. Given that a big difference between Eddie 2002 and Eddie 2004 was steroids, yes I'd say there is something wrong.

Yeah, Eddie was doing nothing different in his career in 2004 compared to 2002 and honestly had no big wins or programs in that span. It was just HGH. Heeeyuck yup.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Lone Rogue posted:

Yeah, Eddie was doing nothing different in his career in 2004 compared to 2002 and honestly had no big wins or programs in that span. It was just HGH. Heeeyuck yup.

Eddie's work was always consistent and good. You don't believe his look had any influence on the way he was booked in 2004?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Mega GIRL posted:

Eddie's work was always consistent and good. You don't believe his look had any influence on the way he was booked in 2004?

Of course it had influence. This is the WWE. You don't believe Bryan looking a lot more muscular and tanned now has anything to do with how he's being booked now?

But Eddie Guerrero in 2002 was still recovering from getting canned for a drug problem and was at best a midcarder. Would you have bought Eddie Guerrero as WWE Undisputed Champion in 2002? If you say yes just because he was a consistent wrestler then WWE booking is perfect for you since you really don't care if it makes sense. You just want to cheerlead your favourites.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Lone Rogue posted:

Would you have bought Eddie Guerrero as WWE Undisputed Champion in 2002?

No, but let's not pretend the situations are equal. The undisputed belt was much stronger in 2002 than either belt is now.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Lone Rogue posted:

Of course it had influence. This is the WWE. You don't believe Bryan looking a lot more muscular and tanned now has anything to do with how he's being booked now?

But Eddie Guerrero in 2002 was still recovering from getting canned for a drug problem and was at best a midcarder. Would you have bought Eddie Guerrero as WWE Undisputed Champion in 2002? If you say yes just because he was a consistent wrestler then WWE booking is perfect for you since you really don't care if it makes sense. You just want to cheerlead your favourites.

Like I said, Danielson can not help how he is booked and I do not believe these new muscles you claim have helped him get over since last night he merely ran in and pinned a dude who kicked out at 3. He was on a losing streak even after he won MITB so I don't see how he is being booked differently besides finally cashing in last night. I want Danielson to have a credible run in the top card because I like him and his work. What's wrong with cheer leading my favorites?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

tzirean posted:

No, but let's not pretend the situations are equal. The undisputed belt was much stronger in 2002 than either belt is now.

Do people really feel, with the booking of Daniel Bryan in 2011 that he is the level of a main event competitor who is deserving to hold the World Heavyweight Championship? That his booking, his matches, his wins, his losses and his treatment is that of someone expected to headline a major part of the WWE product?

If you do, that's cool. But you're cheerleading. Admit it and move on. I have no issue with people saying that they are simply happy to see Daniel Bryan as World Champion. So am I. But anyone saying this was done properly, or done to make Bryan a credible Champion, or that it's wrong to doubt Bryan as Champ right now, is where we get into a much different discussion. There's too much to prove otherwise.

Question: what makes Daniel Bryan a more credible choice right now to be World Heavyweight Champion than Wade Barrett?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Batista is itbegins2012. WM28 Daniel Bryan vs Batista.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lone Rogue posted:

Question: what makes Daniel Bryan a more credible choice right now to be World Heavyweight Champion than Wade Barrett?

He can pass a wellness test? His nose is straight? He didn't get jobbed the gently caress out to Cena repeatedly?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Lone Rogue posted:

He had the briefcase.

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Take care fella...spike your hair! :fella:

And I've heard Batista is quite legit at it, but Bryan - supposedly - was a lot better at it than Batista is, back when Bryan trained regularly.

My money would be on Bryan. Seriously.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Hiram posted:

Guy who trains for MMA and is massive or a professional wrestler who watches BJJ tapes?

Hmm...

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
^He does a LOT more than just watch tapes.

Hiram posted:

So would mine, but I say this having never seen Batista roll. You never know....

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Lone Rogue posted:

Do people really feel, with the booking of Daniel Bryan in 2011 that he is the level of a main event competitor who is deserving to hold the World Heavyweight Championship? That his booking, his matches, his wins, his losses and his treatment is that of someone expected to headline a major part of the WWE product?

If you do, that's cool. But you're cheerleading. Admit it and move on. I have no issue with people saying that they are simply happy to see Daniel Bryan as World Champion. So am I. But anyone saying this was done properly, or done to make Bryan a credible Champion, or that it's wrong to doubt Bryan as Champ right now, is where we get into a much different discussion. There's too much to prove otherwise.

This is the twitter thread.

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Take care fella...spike your hair! :fella:

ChampRamp posted:

Guy who trains for MMA and is massive or a professional wrestler who watches BJJ tapes?

Hmm...

He's been training in BJJ for quite a while now. And you don't have to be massive to tap someone out. It's all about technique.

But then again, you've probably watched more BJJ than I ever have so..

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

There's a reason why there's weight classes in MMA and Bryan and Batista would never, in a million years, share one. Small guys with a lot of training/technique can tap big guys with little training/technique but if both of them have some skill, the big guy's going to win most of the time.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Hiram posted:

He's been training in BJJ for quite a while now. And you don't have to be massive to tap someone out. It's all about technique.

No, BJJ doesn't work. You must be new. We can take this to the UFC thread if you wish.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Ryder still hasn't tweeted a pic of his title in the fridge.

Someone update me when he does.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Ryder still hasn't tweeted a pic of his title in the fridge.

Someone update me when he does.

He's afraid Austin will see it and notice all the Bud Light Lime.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well, at least nothing can be more pathetic and desperate than that Gabe tweet. So we've got that going fo-

apsouthern posted:

Axl Rotten

:negative:

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

ChampRamp posted:

Hmm...

Batista isn't massive (anymore) and Danielson's been training MMA longer.

And Batista is almost 50.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Are you people seriously having a "which pro wrestling personality could beat up the other one for realsies?" argument...

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He's also had serious injuries to his bicep and ACL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Hiram posted:

Didn't Bryan do some training over in Xtreme Couture in Vegas for awhile?