Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004
Just got some lovely goodies in the mail from Team Lunch and Marsattacks. Thank you so much!

I sent out one batch of cards earlier this week, and will have another batch going out within a day or so. Hooray for Goonmas! :3:

Pillory Soft fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andaley
Apr 7, 2011

More Goon Mail! Thanks very much Tinydryad and Abby Normal for the cards, gift tags and goodies! And yes, I do love glitter!!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

LyonsLions posted:

I bought out my local supermarket of wata-gum, and I also picked up a similar thing called wata-pachi. You'll have to let me know how it is.

I'm sending out an assload of peanutbuttery goodness on Monday priority mail. :dance:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Thank you to Lamb, Team Lunch, Andaley and Meriruka!

Apparently goons love temporary tattoos!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Today was a good day for goon mail! :neckbeard:

Got cards from, Vixenella & Alkaphanel, Fish on a Stick (who wrote my username in Japanese!), and RubySprinkles! And my boyfriend got a package from another goon with little presents in it for us!

We also got cards from when worlds collide (delightfully Canadian!), and Andaley the other day!

Now I feel bad because I've been slacking on the reply mail. I ran out of cards, and some of them are addressed but they're international and I haven't bought stamps yet. I'm sorry. I swear I'll send them out soon! :ohdearsass:

It's super festive on our wall though! I had to put up more string, and our roommate is getting a bit jealous. :3:

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Thank you RubySprinkles for the card! I'm loving all this goon mail. I sent some out a couple days ago. Hopefully they will arrive on Monday.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

My mailbox exploded this weekend! Thanks to lefolieadeux, Tinydryad, 13Pandora13, Miz Kriss, thepitgoddess, Team Lunch, Mizufusion and Psykoguy, RubySprinkles, meriruka, and Niemat, that sepia officinalis is going on my fridge.

Psychogirl
May 31, 2001

You people are BASTARD people!
There's a psychoguy?

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Psychogirl posted:

There's a psychoguy?

I'm sorry but taking your username into account, that is the cutest post I've ever seen on these forums. :glomp:

Giggling over here.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Psychogirl posted:

There's a psychoguy?

Psykoguy, and yes. He's mine. :colbert:

Pieholes
Sep 18, 2010

I sent out a big batch of cards today, hope they make it :ohdear:
Also, thanks to everyone who sent me cards, including: Lyonslions, Drei, Nonpromqueen and Famine Poodle.

USS Kobayashi Issa
Jul 18, 2011
I got cards from TeamLunch (digging the Batman coloring page), AuntBuck, and a Dutch goon whose handwriting is hard as balls to read! :woop: You guys rock.

I've got doodads to send to BigHustle tomorrow morning and will work on your cards later in the day! :D

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Sent out a batch of cards to my Canadian goons. I know it's a bit late, but I had nothing else to do today, so I thought I'd send out a few more. I'm counting on Canada Post to get them there in time!

If not, then the Christmas cheer will just have to spill over to Boxing Day this year!

Hypothetical Mcgee
Apr 22, 2010

Making cards! Hopefully they will actually get there before Christmas.

Also I made one that's vaguely horrible and not at all christmasy. I don't want to send it in reply to someone who sent me a nice card. Anyone want a creepy one?

Im a Little Teapot
Dec 18, 2010
I cannot believe I did not see this ages ago!
I did the valentines exchange and it was sooo awesome! I would love to get my address on the list if I could please Lamb. Also thanks for putting them all together so I can play :).

I'm a Little Teapot
2445 The Collegeway
PH3
Mississauga ON
Canada
L5L 2E5

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Hypothetical Mcgee posted:

Making cards! Hopefully they will actually get there before Christmas.

Also I made one that's vaguely horrible and not at all christmasy. I don't want to send it in reply to someone who sent me a nice card. Anyone want a creepy one?

ME

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Keetron posted:

Apostate posted:

and a goon from the Netherlands whose name I can't read (start with a K?)!

Beer_Suitcase posted:

and also the Amsterdam euro-goon who's name I can't make out.

I see a trend...

USS Kobayashi Issa posted:

and a Dutch goon whose handwriting is hard as balls to read! :woop:

This goes beyond a trend, this seems to be habitual.

Dabby
May 6, 2007

It's fucking some cheese.
Oh hey so I received a bunch of cards :)

Thank you tiddlez! Always nice to hear from a fellow Scottish goon.

And Eumenidy! Or Deumenidy? I can't tell. But thank you regardless. The text on the front may be a bit tricksy to read in this photograph, but it made me chuckle.

And last but certainly not least, WWC! This lovely goon sent me a bunch of cool things along with the card. Evidently she's a spiderman fan. Or she hates spiderman, which is why she sent all this to me. I liked the cool, hand-drawn-looking postcard best though. Not sure what the Wii promo thing was all about; quite random.

Thanks goons! And Merry Christmas back atcha!

Dabby fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Dec 19, 2011

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

More goonmail!! :dance:

Thanks to Ruby Sprinkles, Team Lunch, and IMJack for the wonderful Christmas cards!! And, Keetron, as promised, I posted a picture of your card with this batch. :D Thanks again!

Also,

cuntvalet posted:

:siren:Niemat!:siren:

I got your booklet! And I laughed so much. I think I might colour it then post pictures.

Also, my friend Katie is from Nebraska and when I posted about the booklet on Facebook, and what it said about the Huskers being a religion there, she apparently laughed a lot.

I love it! I will send help. :3:

Yeah... Katie knows.

THANK. GOODNESS. It's supposed to snow here again tomorrow... and I walk to work. :gonk:

AuntBuck posted:

...Niemat, that sepia officinalis is going on my fridge.

Huzzah! I'm officially a fridge artist! :smug:

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour
Got some more Goonmail! Take a peek at our mantle to see whose mail I've received, and thanks so much! We have the most festive fireplace in town.

Yesterday I received some mail from Lamb, thanks for all the goodies! They're all on display!

:siren: Huge thank you :siren: to Andrew "Garbage Bag" Miller. I received the Bjork pictures! That was very thoughtful of you. I gasped out loud when I opened it and frightened the boyfriend. They are going in frames!

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
Thank you to abby and aunt buck for the cards! No pictures at this time, the camera's packed for when I got visit the hubby this week :neckbeard:

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

This newb claimed by ChlamydiaJones; remember, bad things happen in theaters sometimes.

Woo! More holiday greetings!

Big thanks to Ruby Sprinkles, Koivunen & Rodnik and their cat, IMJack, Garbage Day, and Team Lunch! This group of awesome folks included such fun as stickers, news clippings, puzzles, trivia, a CD, and a Star Wars figure. Yay!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I just got cards from Dangereuse & Count Drunkula, IMJack, and Garbage Day! And it is garbage day today! :monocle:

Mr. Croakums says "ribbit" for the Frog Bog tag.

Abby Normal
Oct 3, 2003

Thanks so much to Team Lunch, Aunt Buck, Ruby Sprinkles, Ninja Scotsman, and Miryei for the cards! It's so awesome to come home from a 12-hour work day to find something with My Little Pony stickers on it in the mail.

You all have cards headed your way!

Dangereuse
Dec 27, 2009

Terrain is bumpy, vegetation may be thick. Proceed with caution.

Mizufusion posted:

I just got cards from Dangereuse & Count Drunkula, IMJack, and Garbage Day! And it is garbage day today! :monocle:

Mr. Croakums says "ribbit" for the Frog Bog tag.

I hope it wasn't a nasty one. I was a wee bit drunk and it was late at night.

I apologise to any goon who gets an awful Christmas card from us. Unless of course you like it.

Andaley
Apr 7, 2011

Thanks Aunt Buck for the card! Here's my front door, all decked out in Goon Mail goodness (along with a couple of cards from family). Sent out some more today and will likely tomorrow as well!

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
I got my awesome 8bit card from IMJack, which I am sure will delight the boyfriend!

Also, yes a million thank yous to Andrew Miller, publicly, for sending me the metal CDs. You loving rule dude!!!!

tiddlez
Nov 25, 2006

Nice shirt, Gaywad.
I got a really awesome card in the post on saturday morning from WWC, shelley! Is that When Worlds Collide? :) thank you so much, it really really made my day! I will save photos to see if I get any more mail.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Keetron posted:

I see a trend...

This goes beyond a trend, this seems to be habitual.

Heeey don't you feel bad! I read your writing just fine. :)

Dabby posted:

Oh hey so I received a bunch of cards :)

And last but certainly not least, WWC! This lovely goon sent me a bunch of cool things along with the card. Evidently she's a spiderman fan. Or she hates spiderman, which is why she sent all this to me. I liked the cool, hand-drawn-looking postcard best though. Not sure what the Wii promo thing was all about; quite random.

Thanks goons! And Merry Christmas back atcha!

Ha! Well, I have a policy to never send mail out without enclosing SOMETHING inside. What I have on hand varies, but I go to the dollar store when I can as well, so that I have things to put in. It's actually quite challenging to find things that are flat-ish and don't weigh too much, I have had things returned for insufficient postage before and when I went to resend them, it cost a bloody fortune because of the weight and thickness. I try and keep them trim so that I stretch my stamps further.

Spidey is ok :D I don't hate! The postcard is an oldie that I found, apparently they got some little Inuit kids to draw a winter scene for expo 86 or some poo poo like that. I thought they were so cute and funny, and a little bit odd. So into the goon mail pool they went!

The Wii thing is something I got from my old work before my job ended. Well, I used to work for my aunt in her marketing business and she's gone now, gently caress cancer. But she used to let me take weird stuff home that we manufactured like decals or ribbons or baseball caps or clothing or magnets. Numerous goons have gotten some stuff from the old biz over the years.

The Wii thing was to be added to the bottom of a button/pin for some promotion, which is why the sticky part is on the face and not the back. They had tons left over so I grabbed some, I always was on alert for video-gamey stuff. The round stickers some goons got (wish I had of grabbed more, grrrr) were also one of our old work's jobs. That'll be the last of the work trinkets, I haven't worked there since she died. My uncle's kept the business going but they can't afford me. I've been unemployed since, trying to figure out what to do with myself. It's been a really rough couple of years, but things will get better. :unsmith:

tiddlez posted:

I got a really awesome card in the post on saturday morning from WWC, shelley! Is that When Worlds Collide? :) thank you so much, it really really made my day! I will save photos to see if I get any more mail.

Yes yes that was me, you guessed correctly. Glad it made your day! That's the point of it all. :)

*edit- oh poo poo! I forgot... I sent out some more envelopes tonight to some more folks. I am a bit late so I'm doubtful that they'll get there before xmas, but as long as they're there before NYE I'll be happy. Had some family stuff come up but everyone who sent me something as well as a few others from the list has mail coming. Cheers.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Dec 20, 2011

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
I am so late mailing cards this year, its pathetic. I'm so sorry guys :ohdearsass: All of my free-time has been devoted to looking for a new job, as Florida hates its teachers and the arts program at my school is being cut.

Regardless, 20 cards are being posted today, and more tomorrow, dammit.

Thanks to IMJack for the cute card :3: my boyfriend tried to steal it. Also, lamb you have the best cards and they ever fail to brighten my whole day.

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"
Man, I need to get off my rear end and address these. Christmas is killing me this year. Stupid shopping for gifts when I could be sending out sweet, sweet goon mail. :(

I hope some of you don't mind if some cards arrive after the holiday. It's the gift that keeps on giving...right? Right?

Oh, god.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Unexpected Road posted:

I am so late mailing cards this year, its pathetic. I'm so sorry guys :ohdearsass: All of my free-time has been devoted to looking for a new job, as Florida hates its teachers and the arts program at my school is being cut.

Regardless, 20 cards are being posted today, and more tomorrow, dammit.

Thanks to IMJack for the cute card :3: my boyfriend tried to steal it. Also, lamb you have the best cards and they ever fail to brighten my whole day.

Thanks =)

My cousin and aunt are teachers in Tampa, so I (by extension) feel your pain. My grandma, who is by all means an upstanding old Catholic lady who never uses a bad word, calls Rick Scott a "scumbag".

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
Thank you Cymoril -- or should I say, Kura the cat (!) for the card and the giant chocolate bar! And Team Lunch for the card with the cute kitty and rudolf elf match game/coloring book page! Also, thanks to Vixenella & Alkaphanet for the card. :3:

party hat fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 20, 2011

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
I haven't gotten any goonmail at all yet. Please tell me someone has received a card from me! I hope I put enough postage on... Some of them were a little thick!

Rufus En Fuego posted:

I hope some of you don't mind if some cards arrive after the holiday. It's the gift that keeps on giving...right? Right?

Oh, god.

I don't mind at all! I'm one of those people who tries to stretch that good ol' holiday feeling as long after Christmas as I possibly can. I never want it to end. :smith:

deviltry
Nov 1, 2010

"Don't be humble. You're not that great."

W00t! Thank you
IMJack + Miryei + RatherTonic !!!

Had to take a close-up snapshot of RatherTonic's awesome card doodling. :neckbeard:

The sticker + Recipe for Arabic Rice + Doodles were awesome to open up and see on this bleary gray Seattle day. The personal touches were great!
I love anthromorphic food, cooking, and stickies

deviltry fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 20, 2011

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I haven't gotten any goonmail at all yet. Please tell me someone has received a card from me! I hope I put enough postage on... Some of them were a little thick!

I don't mind at all! I'm one of those people who tries to stretch that good ol' holiday feeling as long after Christmas as I possibly can. I never want it to end. :smith:

I sent you something, but I sent it before you corrected your address. I would go there and let them know you might have had mail sent there by accident, or ask the Post Office about it. :)

*edit- thank you Team Lunch! There was something in my mailbox today. Dude, when I think of 'Christmas', Batman is the first thing that pops into my head. No joke! :glomp:

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 20, 2011

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
I got a sweet Team Lunch card in yesterday's mail.

Thank you for contributing to the War on Christmas by wishing me a "Happy (Whichever holiday you celebrate)", because let me tell you something, in AMERICA we celebrate CHRISTMAS because

Just kidding, man. Absolutely loved the card, thanks very much!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
A whole ton of people to thank. I'm a bit behind so I'll start with which I received first.

For the gorgeous card, thank you cuntvalet

So many stickers from whenworldscollide!

Little fabric snow fell everywhere as I was checking who to thank. *shakes fist lovingly at Apathy Inspired*

Another pretty card this time from Aunt Buck

Have a great christmas nonpromqueen!

Yay! Handmade stuff! Thanks Drei!

And from AlKaphanel and Vixenella thanks for the losing Oilers ticket stub haha

Thank you everyone! I'm hoping I haven't forgotten to thank anyone. Getting cards in the mail has been a much needed pick me up. So again thank you so so much to everyone.

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

Locutus of Bald posted:

War on Christmas
Oh, you! Glad you liked it :)

Some goon mail arrived over the last few days:

These are from Andaley and Andrew 'Garbage Day' Miller- who sent me a shark tooth!

These are from Niemat (and Husband), Miryei, Lefolieadeux, and Vixenella & Alkaphanel! Thanks for the porcupine drawing, Niemat :3:

Thanks to everyone for the cards- I hope you are enjoying the ones I've sent out. A couple envelopes came back requiring more postage so I hope everyone gets their card :ohdear:

Also, to Marsattacks, I only knew 1 of those 5 shark facts!
To Genesplicer (and family): I completed the mission (turn star wars coloring pages into a festive holiday display) to the best of my ability :effort:

Was kind of difficult because Chewbacca was without legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Team Lunch posted:

Thanks to everyone for the cards- I hope you are enjoying the ones I've sent out. A couple envelopes came back requiring more postage so I hope everyone gets their card :ohdear:

Ohhh that is my nightmare. But even worse, if they DO deliver it, but postage due! How embarrassing...

quote:

Also, to Marsattacks, I only knew 1 of those 5 shark facts!
To Genesplicer (and family): I completed the mission (turn star wars coloring pages into a festive holiday display) to the best of my ability :effort:

Was kind of difficult because Chewbacca was without legs.

That is stellar. I haven't done mine yet, been too busy. Thanks for reminding me!