Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

I imagine Octy's avatar with a corkboard done up with index cards and strings connecting ideas and plot-threads and mathematical formula all pointing to one index card circled several times "Dany making GBS threads water."

Wait, are you stalking me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
On Roose letting Ramsay poo poo in his bed:

I think he just gave up the dynasty for lost after his legitimate, really awesome son died and he was forced to use Ramsay as his heir. He just doesn't care beyond his lifetime. All his maneuvering is to maximize his own achievement, not his dynasty's. Ramsay's only use is to make Roose more powerful by having an heir on hand. Without one he just becomes somebody to outlast. With an heir like Ramsay he has both dynastic longevity and an excellent reason for his allies to keep him alive.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Hiro Nakamura stands in his loft, looking upon a sea of strings and index cards. He sees one correlating poo poo and Dany, and nods to himself.

Rape. To the nth degree. Let me out of this nightmare

zocio
Nov 3, 2011

Supreme Allah posted:

Gregor Clegane was doing that and worse in book one. Gregor kills his wifes and servants and babies; We just don't know the inside story on many of those happenings.

gently caress the Dunk and Egg Tales, this is the small story collection i want, just pages and pages of Gregor being Gregor raping and killing his way through life.

Nameless squire: S...S...Sir... Sir Gregor you forgot y... y... your shield.

Gregor: Give it here son. *Smashes squires head with shield* Anyone else "thinks" i forgot anything?

Frightened servants: *Sobs* No m'lord... *Cleans bloody mess*

Gregor: I got 99 problems, but obedience ain't one.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
As long as on the last page Gregor is killed by Aegon bashing his head against the wall for some poetic justice.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

zocio posted:

gently caress the Dunk and Egg Tales, this is the small story collection i want, just pages and pages of Gregor being Gregor raping and killing his way through life.

Tales of Dog and Gregg
Chapter 1 - The Mystery Rape

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

mind the walrus posted:

I imagine Octy's avatar with a corkboard done up with index cards and strings connecting ideas and plot-threads and mathematical formula all pointing to one index card circled several times "Dany making GBS threads water."

We should for serious do this. The bad thread is mental enough to make a convincing crazy wall.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I started one, fill it in you shitdicks:

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!
:siren: SECRET PREVIEW: The Winds of Winter :siren:

Jon Starkgaryen Snow, Undead Warg Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, stood atop the Wall, despairing. The Others had come, and the pale pinpoints of their dead eyes filled the dark field below like a galaxy of stars.

To his left and right, the Wall's last stalwart defenders gave up all hope, and Jon wrinkled his nose at the stench as they loosed their bowels upon the ramparts. Hot brown sludge flowed like day-old cocoa down the legs of their black breeches, freezing in slippery pools upon the ice.

Jon raised Longclaw, an impotent gesture against the vast horde, but he would die with honor - just like the last time, and maybe the time before that.

Then he heard the sound, a deep thrumming like the sound of wind whipping through the banners over Winterfell's high towers. He looked up into the gray sky and saw them, three sets of leathery wings beating down. Dragons. One was larger than his brothers - a black nightmare that carried a slim woman with silvery hair.

The rumors of the dragon queen across the sea had reached Eastwatch months before, but Jon was shocked to see her here, at the Wall. She should have been in King's Landing.

The booming crack of ice breaking brought him back to the here and now. The black dragon had settled its great claws on the wall like an eagle perching on a pine bough, but Jon was startled to see it facing south, away from the oncoming horde of undead.

Then the dragon queen stood on the great beast's back. She looked longingly to the south, and Jon knew that her thoughts were of her birthright, the Iron Throne.

All had gone quiet upon the Wall. Jon's few remaining men simply gawked at the black dragon and his brothers circling far above. In the silence, Jon heard the dragon queen speak, her soft voice clear as silver bells in the crisp air. "To go south, I must first poo poo north."

Jon watched as she hiked her silk robe around her graceful, curving hips, exposing the pale, soft skin of her buttocks. She gave a little grunt, and a steaming torrent of viscous fluid shot out, arcing into the space beyond the wall.
The dragon staggered from the force of the blast, but held its ground. The hot brown liquid froze immediately in the fierce north wind, and as it plummeted toward the earth, the turds became razor sharp crystals of putrid ice. They tore into the ranks of the Others, shredding the cold, otherworldly knights.

Hope surged in Jon's chest, and he grinned madly and shouted at the dragon queen. Just then, another great beast landed on the wall and stared at Jon with its smouldering eyes. Rather than recoil in horror, Jon took two long strides, and without thinking, found himself at the dragon's side, climbing its cream-colored scales to its back.

Something hot moved within him, like a lamprey still wriggling in its pie. He turned his back to the Others, dropped his trousers and gave a great push...

To be continued in 2029 loving never.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Can't.

Stop.

Laughing.

:golfclap:

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

IRQ posted:

I started one, fill it in you shitdicks:

I have the image editing skills of a five-year-old so I'm not going to attempt anything, but I assume 'Dany squirting blood' comes before 'Dany making GBS threads water'.

basx posted:

SECRET PREVIEW: The Winds of Winter

Please. Write. More.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Crazyboard!

And here's the pushpin so you can tack up your own insane theories.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Ah, it warms my heart to see the return of good old fashioned Bad Thread Fanfic.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

basx posted:

:siren: SECRET PREVIEW: The Winds of Winter :siren:

To be continued in 2029 loving never.

Fake.

My nuncle delivers pizza to works with GURM and told me that Winds of Winter won't have anything about the North, neither Jon nor Stannis nor the Boltons. It will be all about Sansa, Cersei, Dany, Brienne, plus a few slow-travelling chapters with Arya returning to Westeros and an awesome epilogue where Jon Connington takes Storm's End with the full support of Dorne.

Sam's chapters will be in a special compilation about magical school girls in colaboration with JK Rowling and an anime.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
What's with the Frey pies? I don't remember reading that part so well.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Ashrik posted:

What's with the Frey pies? I don't remember reading that part so well.

Wyman Manderly, one of the only characters left that actually does anything, secretly kidnapped some Freys and baked them into pies, and then fed them to more Freys.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Chunk posted:

Wyman Manderly, one of the only characters left that actually does anything, secretly kidnapped some Freys and baked them into pies, and then fed them to more Freys.

He also ate the pies, and in fact asked for thirds. Wyman Manderly is badass is what I'm saying

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

A Typical Goon posted:

He also ate the pies, and in fact asked for thirds. Wyman Manderly is badass is what I'm saying

I've tasted Frey, and you know what? Frey tastes good.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
These Freys are cursed. But delicious.

Nothing I don't love about how poo poo the Frey name became in-lore after the Red Wedding.

"What are you a loving terrorist human being friend of the family deer? Or a FREY?!"

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
^^^^ deer?

Chunk posted:

Really? Was this at the dinner that almost broke out into a brawl? When did they say this in the book?

Pollo Diablo
Nov 1, 2011

Ashrik posted:

^^^^ deer?

Really? Was this at the dinner that almost broke out into a brawl? When did they say this in the book?

It wasn't explicitely said, but implied by things like the story about the Rat Cook that Manderley brought up.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

It was never explicitly stated they are Frey pies, but three freys disappeared, and Manderly serves three large 'pork' pies, takes a helping from each, talks about the rat king, talks about how the missing Freys were no longer his guests as they had already officially parted ways, and insists everyone eat up.

They're definitely Frey pies.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Yeah, I was reading ADwD at a pretty fast rate so I completely missed the implication of that part. Oh well, it'll make my next reading more enjoyable.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Manderly out-Boltoned the Boltons. That crunchy bit of sausage? Flayed Frey dick, bitch. Eat up and enjoy, motherfuckers.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

bigmcgaffney posted:

Manderly out-Boltoned the Boltons. That crunchy bit of sausage? Flayed Frey dick, bitch. Eat up and enjoy, motherfuckers.

Flakes of fried Frey foreskin form a frightening flourish for a fat fucks feast!

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

hailthefish posted:

It was never explicitly stated they are Frey pies, but three freys disappeared, and Manderly serves three large 'pork' pies, takes a helping from each, talks about the rat king, talks about how the missing Freys were no longer his guests as they had already officially parted ways, and insists everyone eat up.

They're definitely Frey pies.
Another hint is that he dispatches Davos to Skagos, the cannibal island.

Noted Literally
May 25, 2005
I'm so confused...

Joramun posted:

Another hint is that he dispatches Davos to Skagos, the cannibal island.

Oh, so that's where he got the recipe.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Octy posted:

Oh well, it'll make my next reading more enjoyable.

Why would you do such a thing :confused:

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
For me personally, sometimes I drink too much berry juice and poo poo water the next morning, so I reread Dance so I don't feel so alone.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Simon Draskovic posted:

Why would you do such a thing :confused:

At about year 3 of waiting, I like to do a little re-read!

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Found a thing that is on-topic: http://forums.spacebattles.com/showpost.php?p=7005169&postcount=300

Chipolte_Away
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah, Life is Hilariously Cruel
Fan of Britches

Junkenstein posted:

"The Hound is at peace"

"Look, he's right over there digging a grave. See? Totally at peace."

I hope it's not the last we see off Sandor. I have a fantasy of Sandor somehow being the one to defeat Undead-Gregor to fulfill his dream of killing his brother.

Was I the only one disappointed in their tourney fight in the HBO version? It was much more cool & dramatic in the book; Sandor kneeling just as Gregor tries to take his exposed head.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Chipolte_Away posted:

Sandor kneeling just as Gregor tries to take his exposed head.

Exactly this happens in this episode. There are gifs of it. Type in Sandor vs Gregor in youtube or something, watch closely.

Aurubin fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Dec 22, 2011

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Yeah I thought Mountain vs. Hound was really well done. The 'Leave him be' line was really nicely delivered. The Hound was not gonna take that poo poo.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
My girlfriend made the observation that Dany's attraction to Dario is on the same mental level as Bella in Twilight.

Then I forced her to gently caress a dog.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

LongDarkNight posted:

My girlfriend made the observation that Dany's attraction to Dario is on the same mental level as Bella in Twilight.

Then I forced her to gently caress a dog.

Did you have your cockless, mentally broken friend lick her vagina to get it ready for said dog? If you are going to go Bolton, go full Bolton.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Contra Calculus posted:

Found a thing that is on-topic: http://forums.spacebattles.com/showpost.php?p=7005169&postcount=300

It was covered in this thread a few months back. It's still really amazing, though, so worth a look.

Niccy Bones
Mar 27, 2011
Benjen Stark is Coldhands.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

whowhatwhere posted:

It was covered in this thread a few months back. It's still really amazing, though, so worth a look.

One thing that always puzzled me with that image: what the gently caress are the brown blobs that appear to be growing out of the Hound's left leg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Niccy Bones posted:

Benjen Stark is Coldhands.

We are never going to get closure on that. Just give up.