Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
JARED NUMBERS: BACK IN ACTION
You don't have an Autozone or Advance Auto anywhere local? Any of those large auto parts places will pull your codes for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Nope, I'm not in the US and none of the big stores that I know here offer that. The CEL didn't disappear, but apparently it has to be explicitly reset by pulling the battery or a fuse, so I'm gonna do that in the morning. Otherwise there's a Mazda dealership near where I work so I might try that.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
http://949racing.com/miata-clutch-line.aspx

Use code "CRclutch", $23 shipped! I got the extended line to delete the curly-q from my clutch line, but now I'm too lazy to install it :v:

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
Do any of you have an aftermarket seat? Are there NA/NB seats worth tracking down and swapping mine out? The seats in my '00 have got to be the shittiest seats I've ever had in a car.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

The M-edition seats with the adjustable headrests are pretty cool but olds are obsessed with them so they sell for like $1000 :/

Recaro SPG is my go to bucket seat but it makes getting out of the car look really goofy.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Joe Mama posted:

Do any of you have an aftermarket seat? Are there NA/NB seats worth tracking down and swapping mine out? The seats in my '00 have got to be the shittiest seats I've ever had in a car.
99-00 seats are the worst. It's debatable as to whether NA or NB2 (01-05) seats are the best.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
I guess if I'm going to do it I'll get some aftermarkets. I really want an increase in comfort and support for my 'spirited commute'.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
MSM seats are SUPER nice, but good luck tracking down a set.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

revmoo posted:

Exactly. I guess I would even do Honda seats or something too. My problem with a lot of seats is that they were designed for universal butts, I have a Japanese guy's butt it seems. FD RX-7 seats I remember as being quite nice.

Mr.AARP
Apr 20, 2010

I was born after Kurt Cobain died. Now you feel old.

revmoo posted:

I know a guy that has a set for $350 in SoCal.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Well, my strong belief in the "it'll fix itself" school of maintenance has paid off once again - after a few more start-stops the light doesn't come on any more (and it's not even because the bulb burned out). The dealership service wanted 30 bucks for a scan and I was going to do it on Tuesday, but now I'll just wait for the scanner.

Is this the MSM seat?

Seems pretty similar to what I have in my regular 2003 NB, except that they're single color leather. They are very nice though, seem to hold me well in place at least during normal driving, and I didn't have any complaints after a ~4 hour drive.

This is the closest I have to a photo of them.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Yeah, the black leathers in my 2002 NB seem to be perfect. No zaiku-style complaints of my fat Canadian rear end ruining the leather seats. :cry:

Mezmerized Machine
Dec 29, 2008
I need a new speedo cable, mine screeches so loud it's unbearable. Should I just drop the $70-80 on a brand new one, or maybe save myself $20 by buying used?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

It's good to be back to small town Texas for the holidays. :toot:

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

I can't stand backing out of parking spaces like that, how on earth can you see anything?

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
You can't see anything.

You go reaaally slow and rev the engine a bit (if you have a loud exhaust) to let people know you're backing up

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

blugu64 posted:

It's good to be back to small town Texas for the holidays. :toot:

Trucks :allears:

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

aventari posted:

You can't see anything.

You go reaaally slow and rev the engine a bit (if you have a loud exhaust) to let people know you're backing up

Why not just back in? :psyduck: I don't think I've pulled into a spot since buying the miata.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
I agree, usually I back in but sometimes you can't

like when I parked here last month:

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

aventari posted:

I agree, usually I back in but sometimes you can't

like when I parked here last month:

Grabbin' a slice of regents pizza? :ninja:

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

:monocle: whoa

delicious, greasy regents pizza

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

TrueChaos posted:

Why not just back in? :psyduck: I don't think I've pulled into a spot since buying the miata.

If the top is down, don't you have the same distance to the ends of the car in both directions?

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.

kimbo305 posted:

If the top is down, don't you have the same distance to the ends of the car in both directions?

We don't all have owl-neck, and sometimes it rains.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself
Marry friggen Christmas to me, from the scumbag who hit-and-ran on my car, parked in the B-Dubs parking lot.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
At least it looks like it only needs a door/window. What a lovely thing to do on Christmas.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself
Are there any differences to the doors (besides the interior trim) of 90-97 Miatas?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Ahahahahaha

The door skins are the same for the NAs.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
Mother Nature pulled a hit and run on me last month.

About a 40lb tree branch from 35ft up. Dented down the rear roof bow and put a 2" tear in the top where it meets the body under the window.

FortifiedTumor
Aug 4, 2007
Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
I purchased a 95 with 62k miles. It's in good cosmetic shape except for the front bumper; which is faded. Any suggestions short of paint?

I have no maintenance records. What should I just go ahead and do? What should I look for?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Replace belts, timing belt, waterpump, look at the radiator hoses (all of them) and replace them if necessary, CAS O-ring, radiator if you need a new one, spark plugs, spark plug wires, valve cover gasket and a new air filter.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I have a '92 that I bought w/ 63k miles 5 years ago. The T-belt was replaced before I bought it and I've since put a turbo on it but done pretty much no other maintenance. YMMV.

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

She's all grown up :(

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

Sold my 99 for $5500 today. Wish I coulda got more for it, but happy to see it go to a fellow car guy. He didn't want the stock suspension at all. Can I even give away stock shocks/springs/swaybars with 70k miles on them?

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Just had my clutch slave cylinder let go in the middle of town :( Feels like I've just been through some sort of rite of passage.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

aventari posted:

Sold my 99 for $5500 today. Wish I coulda got more for it, but happy to see it go to a fellow car guy. He didn't want the stock suspension at all. Can I even give away stock shocks/springs/swaybars with 70k miles on them?
You ought to be able to sell the spring/shock combo for $50-$70. Swaybars I have no clue.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

jammyozzy posted:

Just had my clutch slave cylinder let go in the middle of town :( Feels like I've just been through some sort of rite of passage.

This happened to me on the way back from an AutoX. We changed it in about 10 minutes in the parts store parking lot.

First Time Caller
Nov 1, 2004

Ralco short shifter went on the car this morning. Feels good man.

Racing beat intake next week and racing beat midpipe and muffler whenever they stop being lazy faggots and make some.

Everything I order is backordered.

:smith:

edit: Found what seems to be the only guy on ebay selling momo steering wheel spacers. It seems like the NB steering rack is positioned in a much more adequate driving position than the NA and to have proper seat distance I'm only gonna need 50mm of spacer. Will report back.

First Time Caller fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 31, 2011

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

First Time Caller posted:

edit: Found what seems to be the only guy on ebay selling momo steering wheel spacers. It seems like the NB steering rack is positioned in a much more adequate driving position than the NA and to have proper seat distance I'm only gonna need 50mm of spacer. Will report back.
Any hub spacer should be generic right?

jodys
May 30, 2006
My 2000 has a Jackson M45 supercharger (installed several owners ago and about 70,000 miles ago). I tied down the bypass--effectively cutting the supercharger out of the loop and my chincy phone app dynometer shows a loss of about 20hp compared to the supercharger running (same stretch of road, accelerating to 65 or so). Admittedly I'm up in the stratosphere in Colorado, but I feel like I should get more from the M45. As far as I can tell everything else is stock in the Miata (no fuel modifications.) What would the cheapest next step be to get a bit more power from the M45? Or is +20hp at 5000ft from a 10 year old supercharger about what I should expect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

First Time Caller
Nov 1, 2004

destructo posted:

Any hub spacer should be generic right?

Yeah I guess so.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/steering-wh...#ht_2143wt_1139

This guy has some good prices on 50mm and 80mm spacers. The colored ones fade after 2 years or so, though.