Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astfgl
Aug 31, 2001

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Just got Skyrim in the Steam sale and started it...

I've got to Riverwood, but I basically want to explore and avoid the main quest for a good long time. Are there any places/people in Skyrim I should avoid because going there or meeting them automatically advances the plot?

As someone who generally does the same thing with TES games, I don't recommend it here!

The reason being that if you follow the main quest (to the point where you have to climb the big-rear end mountain with 7000 steps and talk to the old dudes) you unlock a bunch of really powerful abilities that are a lot of fun. Things like slowing time or becoming ethereal or freezing people solid or all sorts of other things. While you'll get these "spells" just by finding magical walls in certain dungeons, you won't be able to unlock/use them until you advance the main quest and start killing dragons. The main quest is still optional, but I recommend progressing it far enough so that you can start using shouts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Was pointed at this thread from the general DS/3DS thread so I'll ask here since it seems to be a better place to do so!

I just got The World Ends With You and I am totally overwhelmed by the combat system. Are there any good tips for what I should be doing or paying attention to more than anything else?

And is this one of those games where I can really easily miss some super-awesome items or do I not need to worry about that?

Also any other general stuff I should know going into this would be cool.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Was pointed at this thread from the general DS/3DS thread so I'll ask here since it seems to be a better place to do so!

I just got The World Ends With You and I am totally overwhelmed by the combat system. Are there any good tips for what I should be doing or paying attention to more than anything else?

And is this one of those games where I can really easily miss some super-awesome items or do I not need to worry about that?

Also any other general stuff I should know going into this would be cool.

You can raise/lower the difficulty and your own level at any time. The only reason to make the game harder is to increase item drop rates. If you don't care about 100%ing the game you can make the game super-easy. You can also replay any chapter after beating the game so don't worry about missing anything. Just lower the difficulty and play around with the fighting system - it will be second nature before long! You can also make the 2nd character AI controlled until you feel you're ready.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Merry Christmas, goons! I just got Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I never played the prequel, though I've been told that doesn't matter. What do I need to know before I open up this can of augmented badassery?

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

crime fighting hog posted:

Merry Christmas, goons! I just got Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I never played the prequel, though I've been told that doesn't matter. What do I need to know before I open up this can of augmented badassery?

The boss fights suck rear end. Pick up the Typhoon aug and drop the difficulty.

surrender903
Dec 22, 2006
U2 Fan
Pillbug
About an 1:45 into Xenoblade Chronicles. Any tips? All these side quests seem overwhelming.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

hieronymus posted:

The boss fights suck rear end. Pick up the Typhoon aug and drop the difficulty.

I thought one of the recent patches redid all the boss fights?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

I just got the same game, and even though I'm absolutely, completely terrible at cover-FPS games or...well, that type of game in general (I only got through ME2 through considerable use of the pause menu to choose skills) the game suckered me into picking Normal by saying that the game was "meant to be played this way" and making me feel like a dirty casual if I picked Easy. :( Then I blundered my way through the first real mission, dying several times, and found out that apparently I'm worse than I thought, since the hostages were killed. I know I didn't dally around at the office, since I'd heard about that; was it because I was discovered so much? My tranq rifle ran out of ammo very early (no thanks to the targeting reticule mysteriously disappearing when I actually aimed with it? what?) and takedowns were just not practical in most situations, so I ended up taking a pistol off a guy and finishing some rooms that way.

Any tips for helping someone absolutely hopeless at this type of game are appreciated. :shobon:

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Dec 26, 2011

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Just picked up X3: Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude for the deal because it was $5, and I've heard it's basically single-player EVE meets Elite for the modern age. It is also mindbogglingly vast. Help? Which background should I start as, how far should I follow the plot (if at all), what types of ships are good for what, etc?

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Dec 26, 2011

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

This is a quasi-spoiler, it doesn't spoil characters or storyline, but if you want to make your own mistakes, don't read it:
Later in the game, you'll have an option to get a replacement version of your biochip at one of the LIMB clinics. Don't do this, it does nothing besides make one boss fight extremely hard.

As far as augmentations go, hacking (both Capture and Stealth), the Icarus falling system, and the inventory/health/energy upgrades are priorities. The punch-through-walls Arm upgrade sounds frivolous, but it's extremely handy, as is the move heavy objects upgrade. Cloaking is obviously useful to have, but it chews through energy very quickly. All of the analyze/stealth enhancer stuff is crap.

If you want to go for the Pacifist achievement, you'll need to sneak past the enemies in the tutorial.

There are multiple times in the game where you'll have the option to pay someone money. I believe in almost every circumstance, you can pay them the money, accomplish your task, and then knock them out and take your money back.

LIMB clinics will have two Praxis kits on sale. Buy them both as soon as possible. When you return to those cities, they'll restock if you cleaned them out.

After a major mission, Pritchard will have you confront a major character. When you win the debate, return to your office at Sarif and check your computer for new emails. If you don't do this, the quest won't continue.

There's almost always a bunch of hidden paths and solutions to getting past enemies besides killing. There's nothing worse than shooting a bunch of guys and then noticing the vent you could have crawled through to avoid the fight entirely.

The stun gun can temporarily disable turrets, cameras, and robots.

Even if you decide to play as a pacifist, you'll have to kill bosses. Keep one or two lethal weapons in your inventory and upgrade them. I used the revolver with explosive rounds, but you're free to improvise.

edit for question about the hostages in the first level: There's a room that's out of the way that has the hostages inside. You'll have to sneak in and disarm the bomb to save them. If you don't disarm the bomb before finishing the level, SWAT comes in and everyone gets blown up.

Smirking_Serpent fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Dec 26, 2011

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Smirking_Serpent posted:

As far as augmentations go, hacking (both Capture and Stealth), the Icarus falling system, and the inventory/health/energy upgrades are priorities. The punch-through-walls Arm upgrade sounds frivolous, but it's extremely handy, as is the move heavy objects upgrade. Cloaking is obviously useful to have, but it chews through energy very quickly. All of the analyze/stealth enhancer stuff is crap.

If you want to cheese bossfights (which you do, trust me) then take the Typhoon and upgrade it. I didn't take the Icarus and didn't really feel that I missed anything.

If you want to go for a very stealthy playstyle, then take the energy upgrades, cloaking and the see through walls upgrades. If you explore a lot, you will be able to get almost all of the upgrades by the end of the game. Similarly, if you upgrade your hacking and hack everything you can, money and hacking software will rain down on you.

Edit: Early on the in the game, it'll probably feel like you've got too many options for upgrades and not enough money or ammo so just take whatever seems useful early on. Once you get to the mid-game, it really doesn't feel this way any more if you're exploring a lot, and you'll be a lean, mean, augmented killing (or non-lethally subduing) machine. Inventory capacity is really good for early upgrades though, so you can carry around poo poo that will be useful later. Especially EMP grenades. Definitely pick up these any chance you get. They're only occasionally useful - but when you do want them, it really sucks if you don't have them!

Danger - Octopus! fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Dec 26, 2011

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Also regarding the hostages in DX:HR, if you dawdle before starting the mission, they get killed. This is the only mission that is time sensitive to start, so save your loving around until after that mission. I think you have 7 minutes before it gets hairy in the mission, and 15 minutes before they're dead on arrival. Just go do it, stop breaking in to everyone's office, you sociopath.

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The punch-through-walls Arm upgrade sounds frivolous, but it's extremely handy, as is the move heavy objects upgrade.

The punch-through-walls upgrade also pays for itself because there is a Praxis point in the Detroit sewers that requires the augmentation to get. So take it; it's a freebie.

TheUkuleleFanboy
Sep 2, 2011
What about InFamous 2?

Anything like in the first game where if you don't do a certain stunt during a certain mission it's really hard to do anywhere else?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

TheUkuleleFanboy posted:

What about InFamous 2?

Anything like in the first game where if you don't do a certain stunt during a certain mission it's really hard to do anywhere else?

Infamous 2 is pretty straightforward. You can't really play the game any wrong way. Just be aware that when the time comes to pick between new fire or ice powers, ice gets a much better "get around quicker" power.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

surrender903 posted:

About an 1:45 into Xenoblade Chronicles. Any tips? All these side quests seem overwhelming.

If a quest has a clock next to it it means at some point in the story you will be unable to complete it. It's really obvious when that point is though so don't feel obliged to complete them straight away, you're given plenty of time to do them.

If you was to farm regular enemies for a rare drop or are trying to get a unique monster to spawn, go to the area where they are and save. Keep reloading your game until they drop what you are looking for or in the case of unique monsters they decide to spawn.

One thing that a lot of people seem to miss is that you can fast travel to any area in the game you have previously been to by going into the menu and finding the map you want from the far left option.

Chain attacks work by making each subsequent attack of the same colour stronger. Chaining a whole bunch of red attacks together does a hell of a lot more damage than switching between different colours. The exception to this is each characters white attack (like Shulks Monado abilities), which act like wild cards and can continue the chain just like any other colour, so for example Red - Red - Red would be just as strong as Blue - White - Red.

There's an enormous spreadsheet in the OP of the Xenoblade thread that has a ton of information but also a ton of spoilers, so if you want to use it you might want to be careful.

Anonononomous
Jul 1, 2007
Who wants to tell me what I should know about EYE: Divine Cybermancy?

One thing I'd really like to know is how to heal. I know about Maintenance, but that only seems to get me about 25% healed.

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem
I got Pokemon Rumble Blast coming in soon, anything I should know?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Anonononomous posted:

Who wants to tell me what I should know about EYE: Divine Cybermancy?

One thing I'd really like to know is how to heal. I know about Maintenance, but that only seems to get me about 25% healed.

Research a medkit, add it to your inventory at an armory, stab yourself in the arm a whole ton.

You're better off checking out the thread which is full of new players wondering what the gently caress is going on as of the moment.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Colon V posted:

Just picked up X3: Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude for the deal because it was $5, and I've heard it's basically single-player EVE meets Elite for the modern age. It is also mindbogglingly vast. Help? Which background should I start as, how far should I follow the plot (if at all), what types of ships are good for what, etc?

It's been some time since I last played it, so take this with a grain of salt. You don't want to start out as a trader since trading manually gets mindnumbing really fast. Also don't go for the "custom" start because it disables your access to the story missions (unless it's been patched in the meantime) for no real gain. Terran Defender is probably all around the most useful start, it gives you easy access to the (usually superior) terran ships and weapons. The storyline that starts there also has some pretty great rewards, such as few fighters early on (worth a fair bit of money) and an excellent frigate a bit later.

As for the general progression, don't bother investing into any combat ships aside from the one you pilot yourself, AI-controlled wingmen are mostly useless (at least until you have an actual carrier with space for several dozen fighters). Get a heavy fighter and make some money through combat-missions. Use this to buy a small transporter with the highest trading-software installed, you can set it to trade on its own which will net you a nice steady income on the side. Buying an Ore Mine is a good next step (though you can buy another trading transporter or two beforehand if you want) as it needs barely any resources and ore is in demand pretty much everywhere. From there on you can basically do whatever, you should have enough income to afford the bigger combat ships and experiment with more complex economical investments.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 27, 2011

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I just grabbed Monster Hunter Tri. What should I know about it?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Mr E posted:

I just grabbed Monster Hunter Tri. What should I know about it?

These are more general hints for Monster Hunter than specific to Tri, but here goes.

- If you've never fought a monster before and aren't sure what it does, don't rush in blindly. Sit back and dodge it for a while so you get a feel for its attacks and movement patterns and you'll have a much easier time of things.

- Play around with the different weapon types and find a handful you like the feel of. One of the great things about the Monster Hunter series is that every weapon is viable, but certain monsters are definitely easier with certain types. There's a great list of weapon tutorial videos by goon SocialDissonance here.

- Skills: A skill is initially activated when the total value for it on your armor/weapon/relic reaches either +10 or -10. Most skills have additional ranks as you increase the number by 5 or 10. Example: At +10 Attack, the skill activates and you gain Attack Up (S). Increase this to +15 and it becomes Attack Up (M), and Attack Up (L) at +20. Inversely, if you have -10 Attack, you gain Attack Down. Look at what armors you have available to make, and plan for what you want accordingly. You can also use decorations to increase skills to the next plateau or to remove a detrimental skill, provided your armor has open decoration slots.

- Different monsters have different parts of their body that can be broken or cut off, generally tails for the latter. These give you additional rewards when you kill/capture it, or additional carves when something is cutoff. Note that certain drops can only be obtained by breaks or cuts from some monsters.

- If given the choice between killing or capturing a monster, the answer is almost always capture. It gives more rewards and shaves off a couple minutes of beating on the thing.

- If a monster takes enough damage, or certain other conditions are met, they'll enrage. This makes them faster and causes their attacks to deal more damage. This doesn't tend to last very long, but certain monsters like the Diablos enrage very frequently, so be prepared for it. A good tactic is to use Flash Bombs to blind them and keep them in place until the enrage is over.

- A new mechanic in Tri that wasn't in previous Monster Hunter games in monster fatigue. As you fight a monster, it will begin to show signs of tiring, generally drooling or moving its head around sluggishly as well as limping. These are signs that it's about to sleep or eat to regain stamina, and is getting ready to be captured. Weapons that deal fatigue damage (hammers and lances) make a monster tired faster.

- Related to the above, when a monster is sleeping it takes increased damage from the attack that wakes it up. Either use a large, heavy-hitting attack or drop some bombs near its weak point and set them off with a paintball or stone for massive damage.

- Flash Bombs, Traps, and Barrel Bombs are invaluable. Learn how and when to use them. The same goes for Sonic Bombs, but only against certain monsters.

- A lot of people hit their first wall when fighting Barroth. Keep at it, he's a bit of a difficulty spike for the weapons and armor you have at the time, but he'll go down. Water weapons are a lifesaver here, or the weapons that have innate ESP with some attacks to stop bouncing off of his mud.

- Finally, free hunting is a great way to get farm points and basic ingredients for potions and bombs, so don't neglect it.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
I'm about to go on an Elder Scrolls binge. Any tips for Morrowind and Oblivion?

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

Alris posted:

Some tips for Morrowind:

- If you're okay with cheesing, you can steal a set of limeware bowls, worth a couple hundred gold, during the tutorial. You'll have your chance in the room where you choose your class and star sign; the goods are on a shelf to your right. When you bring up your inventory, the game is paused but you can still interact with objects near you. So you pick up all the limeware items, but set them down again instead of pocketing them. Unpause and the guard will berate you and attempt to confiscate the items, but you don't have them! Simply pick them up and move on. Keep in mind that this only works during the tutorial, anywhere else and you'll find yourself with a bounty if you're caught.

- Fatigue affects your success in everything. Don't fight with low fatigue, don't cast spells, don't even pick locks. It's a good idea to carry fatigue potions for this reason, and to rest up (or toggle walking rather than running) before entering a hostile area.

- Melee combat can be frustrating to start off with. Morrowind strictly follows the whole stat-based success thing, so even if your sword animation connects with the mudcrab on screen, if it doesn't hit it doesn't hit. Pick a weapon class and stick to it, and get training for it if you can afford it. And watch your fatigue, as mentioned.

- Booze can give you great boosts. The lower-end stuff is dirt cheap and can give you boosts of 30-50 strength for a few minutes, which is fantastic for fighters and even for hauling loot out of dungeons. You can also find similar boosters for your other stats, though these tend to be more expensive.

- If you want to play a wizard, the Atronach star sign is fantastic. You'll gain a larger magicka pool and the ability to absorb enemy spells at the cost of having no innate magicka regeneration. You can take advantage of this by summoning creatures that cast spells (ancestor ghosts are easy enough to begin with) and turning them hostile. They cast on you, you absorb their spells, you gain easy magicka. That, and carry potions.

- Speaking of alchemy, it's very good. Potentially gamebreaking, if you're okay with that, but solid otherwise as well. It's a good source of income and you can keep yourself stocked up with fatigue potions. If you do want a taste of godhood, let's just say that alchemy efficiency runs on intelligence, and you can brew intelligence potions.

- It's possible to kill NPCs vital to the main quest. If the game informs you that you've "severed the threads of prophecy", you've done just that. However, they are far and few between and none of the vital NPCs should be hostile to you, and there are some workarounds if you don't feel like reloading. Or you could just ignore the main quest, that's valid too.

- Go explore! There are much fewer instances of [generic cave] having [randomized leveled loot] at the end; if you explore every nook and cranny you will find some amazing (and hand-placed) treasures.

Found Sound fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Dec 27, 2011

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Alris posted:

Pick one melee weapon skill and one armor skill, go hog-wild with the rest of your character creation.
Also, I've found the Atronach makes a good sign for warriors as well, since they don't use magicka as often.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Pick the atronach for a warrior but not a mage. Having to cheese to get mana back just to cast spells is not something I would recommend to someone just starting.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.
Does anyone know the syntax to use google search on this thread? I'd like to look up if there's any tips (I'm sure there are) on Shadow of the Colossus, but the wiki in the OP is currently down.

I think that it would be great if that was listed in the OP also.

Alternatively, can anyone list some tips for this?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Astfgl posted:

As someone who generally does the same thing with TES games, I don't recommend it here!

The reason being that if you follow the main quest (to the point where you have to climb the big-rear end mountain with 7000 steps and talk to the old dudes) you unlock a bunch of really powerful abilities that are a lot of fun. Things like slowing time or becoming ethereal or freezing people solid or all sorts of other things. While you'll get these "spells" just by finding magical walls in certain dungeons, you won't be able to unlock/use them until you advance the main quest and start killing dragons. The main quest is still optional, but I recommend progressing it far enough so that you can start using shouts

On the other hand, following the main quest populates the world with dragons, including random and pretty frequent dragon attacks. It can get pretty annoying if you're concentrating on side quests or simply exploring Skyrim and don't want to be bothered. If you want to avoid dealing with dragons, then don't enter Bleak Falls Barrow.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Limbo

At the very beginning of the game, I've ran into a secret... egg, or something. I think I'm halfway through the game now, and have never seen another secret. What do I need to do to find them?

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Vidaeus posted:

Does anyone know the syntax to use google search on this thread? I'd like to look up if there's any tips (I'm sure there are) on Shadow of the Colossus, but the wiki in the OP is currently down.

Here's the syntax I use:

site:forums.somethingawful.com intitle:"What Should I Know" "Game Name Here"

Also, my hosting actually gets spotty around the time you posted, every day. The server is in America, whereas I'm in the UK, and they run some kind of maintenance script on it at some early hour in the morning for them, which limits access somewhat.

Which means it starts being hard to access at about 10:30am GMT each day.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

Centipeed posted:

Here's the syntax I use:

site:forums.somethingawful.com intitle:"What Should I Know" "Game Name Here"

Also, my hosting actually gets spotty around the time you posted, every day. The server is in America, whereas I'm in the UK, and they run some kind of maintenance script on it at some early hour in the morning for them, which limits access somewhat.

Which means it starts being hard to access at about 10:30am GMT each day.

Thanks matey, that syntax works beautifully :)

And the site seems to be working again now too.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Xander77 posted:

Limbo

At the very beginning of the game, I've ran into a secret... egg, or something. I think I'm halfway through the game now, and have never seen another secret. What do I need to do to find them?
Go anywhere you wouldn't be expected to go. Climb as high as you can in the trees, walk into pitch black caves, etc. I've just told you two of them

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

Professional Boob Puncher
Can you return to earlier levels in Alice: Madness Returns to pick up secrets that you missed? Are there any missables in this game?

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem

Fishmonkey posted:

Can you return to earlier levels in Alice: Madness Returns to pick up secrets that you missed? Are there any missables in this game?

Yes, you should be able to return to previous chapters in the game. I don't know if it's after you finish the game or what. Also there are missables in the game, nothing crucial, just some collectibles, and depending on what difficulty you play you won't see some enemies. To see all enemies you must play on the hardest difficulty.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Xander77 posted:

Limbo

They seem to be achievements only but I haven't finished the game so maybe they have a purpose? I've only found two so far.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Okay, just got Bayonetta and Catherine, both for the 360, is there any big fancy stuff I need to know about either game? Does playing on lower difficulties cause me to miss anything? And is there any useless abilities or whatever I should avoid learning/using in Bayonetta(or any really good ones I should definitely use)?

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Xander77 posted:

Limbo

If you find all of them you unlock a secret level (at least in the PC version?). You will need a guide. I was looking all over the place it seemed halfway feasible I could get to and found half of them. They're hidden good.

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

Okay, just got Bayonetta and Catherine, both for the 360, is there any big fancy stuff I need to know about either game? Does playing on lower difficulties cause me to miss anything? And is there any useless abilities or whatever I should avoid learning/using in Bayonetta(or any really good ones I should definitely use)?

For Catherine, don't feel badly if you find the puzzles too difficult. Normal mode can get fairly challenging, and hard mode would be brutal for a first time through. The story is the same no matter what, so only the puzzle stages change in difficulty.

- You can't undo on hard mode, and the lower difficulties have shorter, easier puzzle stages.

- You can change the game difficulty if you're getting stuck, but only in the bar, so keep a save there.

- If you find yourself running out of lives, then you can get a pillow, then die, and repeat: on easy you get 3 lives per pillow, and on normal you get 2 per pillow.

- On easy and normal, you can reset your combo meter by hitting undo, so you can cheat your way to a perfect combo.

- Be sure to talk to everyone and encourage them, both in the bar and at the landings, if you want to help keep the other bar patrons alive. The sheep will often have some strategies for moving the blocks in the upcoming stages, too.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Vidaeus posted:

You can, and should, go into Shadow of the Colossus as blind as possible. Maybe read the manual. Oh! There is one thing: It's a horse. Not a motorcycle. You only really need provide encouragement and the general direction in which to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

redmercer posted:

You can, and should, go into Shadow of the Colossus as blind as possible. Maybe read the manual. Oh! There is one thing: It's a horse. Not a motorcycle. You only really need provide encouragement and the general direction in which to go.

Yep, the only thing I have read about it is that it is fantastic, and the few tips in this thread that basically say eat the lizards, eat some sort of fruit and not to worry about guiding the horse too much. Apparently it's fairly realistic when it comes to how horses actually handle in real life, in that they have their own mind and only need a bit of guidance (never really ridden one properly).

Killed the first two colossi, and I'm enjoying it so far!

Oh, and no manual, I downloaded it as the HD bundle with Ico off PSN. I guess I should probably ask if there are any tips for that while I'm at it? I'm thinking of alternating between the two as I start to get bored of one.