Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Tallgeese posted:

I am pretty sure those are literally better than anything in the unmodified game, without any sort of contest. Not even Throne of Bhaal high-level loot matches that.

Good thing we're losing all of our loot when we move into BG2. :v:

Hmm, so shall we start voting on male romances now? :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Ha ha ha, oh wow. I'd only played BG2 and never as a wild mage, so I had no idea this could happen :haw:

What romances are available for female characters in BWP? And by the way, when is the next party vote?

Surprise Pizza
Mar 21, 2010
Doesn't Syvishtar need a new character portrait now?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Surprise Pizza posted:

Yeah, we're not even golden anymore.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Mikl posted:

Ha ha ha, oh wow. I'd only played BG2 and never as a wild mage, so I had no idea this could happen :haw:

What romances are available for female characters in BWP? And by the way, when is the next party vote?

With the Romance mod in, which we have, you've got Xan if you like your loving flavored with despair, or Corran (who we don't have yet) if you like your romance flowery. I think there's a separate mod for Garrick that isn't in the standard Romance mod, but it doesn't matter if we have that mod or not, since we don't have Garrick in the party.

So right now...it's Xan. How depressing. :sigh:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Would the previously started romances continue after the gender change? Shar-Teel's drooling over "Puny Men" would be hilarious in a pseudolesbian relationship.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

I'm going to make us golden again. Its the first time I've had the cash to buy the dyes to do it. That's why I chose to go to the friendly arm. I'm not sure how romances are going to react to this, so were just going to have to see.

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan
Considering that girdle that's available in vanilla BG, I would hope the romance writers took into account gender issues.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

jng2058 posted:

With the Romance mod in, which we have, you've got Xan if you like your loving flavored with despair, or Corran (who we don't have yet) if you like your romance flowery. I think there's a separate mod for Garrick that isn't in the standard Romance mod, but it doesn't matter if we have that mod or not, since we don't have Garrick in the party.

So right now...it's Xan. How depressing. :sigh:

There's Gavin! Who...actually isn't that bad.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Surprise Pizza posted:

Eh, he's an elf. It's not like it would be all that different.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Fighting Trousers posted:

There's Gavin! Who...actually isn't that bad.

Ah geez, I forgot about that one. Mostly because I find Gavin's talkiness even more annoying than Xan's depression.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

if anybody wants to propose a new female elf portrait, I'll use it. I only request that it be gold like my current one because I'm about to buy the dyes necessary to be gold forever! I tried looking for one on my own, but all I could find was this:

http://www.saber-scorpion.com/lego/dandd_baldur.php

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Dec 26, 2011

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

I'm pretty sure that the wild surge gender change is in fact temporary. Possibly only 24 hours but i'm not exactly sure on that one. I've been hit with it a few times and don't recall it being permanent though.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

I have a feeling that this one is going to be permanent...

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Vorgen posted:

I have a feeling that this one is going to be permanent...

Try throwing (or getting caught in) a Dispel Magic. We must experiment!

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Being a mage, he very well might end up wearing a belt of cognizance anyway (which changes genders). Thalantyr sells one and there is a super cheap one in BG2.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

pokie posted:

Being a mage, he very well might end up wearing a belt of cognizance anyway (which changes genders). Thalantyr sells one and there is a super cheap one in BG2.

Wait, we're actually trying to fix this? :v:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

ETB posted:

Wait, we're actually trying to fix this? :v:

Break it once and we can break it again, and again, and again..

markus_cz
May 10, 2009

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Try throwing (or getting caught in) a Dispel Magic. We must experiment!

I think he hinted at something...
...more sinister.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

what do you think guys, too golden?

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 27, 2011

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Vorgen posted:

what do you think guys, too golden?

Well the one on the far left is holding a staff which seems appropriate. The "come hither" gaze is out of character for the Syvishtar we know so far though :v:

Edit: Syvishtariel? Syvishemale?

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Dec 27, 2011

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
They seem to get a little bit washed out the further right you go. Particularly that tarted up Gwen Stefani look alike.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Well, I could probably fix that. Here are the originals, plus two three I didn't goldenifiy yet. Edit: lets make this into a poll.

Syvishtar the chaotic neutral wild mage would look most like the following portrait if he was turned into a woman:

A.
----
B.
----
C.
----
D.
----
E.
----
F.
----
G.
----
H.
----

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 27, 2011

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Fruits of the sea posted:

Edit: Syvishtariel? Syvishemale?

Syvishtara!

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Vorgen posted:

Well, I could probably fix that. Here are the originals, plus two I didn't goldenifiy yet. Edit: lets make this into a poll.

I'm going to vote C. for no other reason than because it's a poll and c is in the middle.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
Voting D G. Also...

:angel: Syvishtar... Er, Syvishtara, do not be quick to try and reverse what has happened to you. The Weave has caused it to happen for a reason; there is something important you must discover about yourself before you change back.

Lord_Ventnor fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Dec 27, 2011

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I'd say C looks the most like the male

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Those female portraits are all way too attractive. I personally think that Syvishtar would make for one hell of an ugly woman. Maybe that's just me, though, I don't know.

I vote G, Victim of Wild Magic Gender Trickery where Things Didn't Turn Out Quite So Well. Do I have to come up with a portrait?

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Those female portraits are all way too attractive. I personally think that Syvishtar would make for one hell of an ugly woman. Maybe that's just me, though, I don't know.

I vote G, Victim of Wild Magic Gender Trickery where Things Didn't Turn Out Quite So Well. Do I have to come up with a portrait?

All possibilities are on the table, but you gotta put something on the table to get considered. So yah, submit a portrait!

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

B gets my vote, let's be Viconia's golden alternate universe self, or something. Oh the vagaries of the Weave.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Lord_Ventnor posted:

Voting D. Also...

:angel: Syvishtar... Er, Syvishtara, do not be quick to try and reverse what has happened to you. The Weave has caused it to happen for a reason; there is something important you must discover about yourself before you change back.

The Weave wants you to... get to Romantic Encounters in BG2 and take all the cocks in the Realms?

Oh, and C.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I'd go with B. Even if C and E aren't all that bad either.
A on the other hand should just be skipped. Why? Weeeell... (Slightly :nws:)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Voting D.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
Voting D as most magey without actually wearing a hood.

Woozey
Feb 20, 2011

RIGHT NOW MY POTENTIAL IS LITERALLY THAT OF A WORM
D works best for me, guess the hair seems similar.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I like E.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Jazzimus Prime posted:

how about this one?

=?

=?

same fingernails and dead-eyed stare.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Dec 27, 2011

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Still going with D.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Vorgen posted:

=?

same fingernails and dead-eyed stare.

G gets my vote. This seems like the most plausible female Syvishtar in terms of appearance, especially with the hands. If only the hair was a little wavier, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Man, I don't know why I'm spending so much time on this, but here's my photoshop hack job of mixing the two:

• Locked thread