Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006
It's only as over as you make it. Some of us are still sending stuff out. I'm sending out Christmas cards until at least the end of the year. Probably longer if stamps remain in short supply at my post office. (Merry Extended Christmas, goons!)

Post your address and I can promise you'll at least get one card!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

Rickycat posted:

I take it this is over? :smith:

I doubt it, things might slow down a bit, but I doubt its over.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Uh oh.... :ohdear: one of my cards just got sent back to me.

I'm sure it's got enough postage. :confused: I just hope it was the post office being dumb...

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
Thanks guys :unsmith:

e: Old address

Being bed ridden sucked. Having to balance my netbook only allowed for some activity on the forums but I seemed to have missed this.

Rickycat fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Jan 7, 2013

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Rickycat posted:

I take it this is over? :smith:

I was going to take an informal poll after New Year's as to whether or not to start a new one, but this thread has survived almost a year so far, so I think we can just continue on.

Activity does slow down in between big holidays, but I (and quite a few other goons) enjoy sending mail all year. I for one plan to begin preparations for my Valentine's Day mail very soon.

Andaley
Apr 7, 2011

lamb posted:

I for one plan to begin preparations for my Valentine's Day mail very soon.

I was thinking about this too! To find either the most fantastic, or corniest valentines I can and then send them out with other pink and red goodies!

But onward with Christmas! Thanks so much to Dream Phone and Rather Tonic for these cards containing my avatar! I'm so glad my SASS Santa bought the avatar for me (it's my Twitter avatar), as it's been great to see you all design with it!

Also, I got cards from Miryei, Molten Llama, Pillory Soft, and Andrew "Garbage Day" Miller just today! It's been an overload of Christmas spirit (and tattoos and stickers and coloring pages hehe) and I'm grateful to every one of you for it! I'll get more cards out tomorrow morning before I leave town. They may not make it before Christmas, but there's nothing wrong with extending the season a bit.

Andaley fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 23, 2011

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
More goonmail today!

Thanks to Slightly Used Cake & Cthulhuite & Socks and TheNinjaScotsman! Scotsman: actually, you are the first one to make that joke about my apartment number. Congrats, I guess! :)

Will be going out of town tomorrow and won't return until after the new year, so I won't be able to check my mail- but I will report anything that's arrived when I return.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Thanks to Stephanie Mysa. Batavia, OH isn't so close to Oxford where dad lives, nor am I going home this Christmas, so... :confused:

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 24, 2011

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Got my first piece of goonmail today! I think this is the only one that will arrive before Christmas, which is lovely because it means the holiday cheer will (hopefully) continue to arrive well after everyone else's Christmas is over! Ha!

Thank you to Aulus! Your card is hilarious and I will keep it until the end of time. Seriously.

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 29, 2017

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

1337 haxxor pirate posted:

Thank you to all the lovely Goonfolk and their fantastic mail! I'm in the midst of a move to Chicago, finally, where I won't be moving so drat much!

New address is 2409 S. Hoyne Apt. 303 Chicago, IL 60608

and I'll be sure to tell my roommate to add my SA username to the mailbox! She's already there, so feel free to send me some Goonstuffs to look forward to. Once I'm in the big city I plan on adventuring out for strange things to send to all those who thought of me (and more)!

And a big ol' thanks to lamb. The Goon Mail Exchange is a brilliant idea, you deserve the Nobel Prize for this.

I have never been quite so tempted to randomly show up on a stranger's doorstep with cookies, ha ha.

I never did get those last cards out, but I want to send some goons nice chatty letters. Hopefully we can keep the goonmail coming :shobon:

DREAM PHONE
Sep 29, 2006
You're right! I really like you!

cardboardRobot posted:

Uh oh.... :ohdear: one of my cards just got sent back to me.

I'm sure it's got enough postage. :confused: I just hope it was the post office being dumb...

This happened to me today, which is weird because clearly some people have received cards from me already. I will try sending again.

1337 haxxor pirate
Apr 25, 2011

gamingCaffeinator posted:

I have never been quite so tempted to randomly show up on a stranger's doorstep with cookies, ha ha.

I never did get those last cards out, but I want to send some goons nice chatty letters. Hopefully we can keep the goonmail coming :shobon:

What, do you live nearby?! :D

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

1337 haxxor pirate posted:

What, do you live nearby?! :D

For a value of 'nearby'. I'm in Lombard, so not too terribly far away.

Content: I swear when I'm not lazy and stupid I'll take a photo of all my goonmail :) you guys have made coming home the past few days awesome (so has my boyfriend, but he already knows he has).

1337 haxxor pirate
Apr 25, 2011

gamingCaffeinator posted:

For a value of 'nearby'. I'm in Lombard, so not too terribly far away.

Content: I swear when I'm not lazy and stupid I'll take a photo of all my goonmail :) you guys have made coming home the past few days awesome (so has my boyfriend, but he already knows he has).

Shoot me an e-mail? abbyflutterby at gmail dot com

Bushwhacked
Oct 4, 2008

Ah-cha-ch-ch-cha-cha...
My beautiful :smug: snowman card to Rather Tonic was returned to me! Oh no. I noticed you edited your address though, so I'll have to re-send it.

I also received mail from Topenga (with a ridiculous NKOTB trading card) and IMJack! Thanks goons!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Tinydryad I got your card this morning! Did you make those beautiful snowflake ornaments yourself?

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Late thanks to Hypothetical McGee, Garbage Day, USS Kobayashi Issa, jimmie, Andaley, and Dan Lacey for all of the awesomeness!

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Thanks to Gritty Kitty for the card and rattlesnake eggs!

Thanks to Clarice, Mniot & the baby goon for the calming card, which I needed after the rattlesnake eggs.

hyregur
Feb 11, 2011
Got this lovely christmas card in the mail, all the way from the great U S and A.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
I would like to know if there's anyone in this thread who has not received anything, or has only received one or two things.

Thank you. :)

Happy holidays everyone. Got tonnes of stationery for xmas, cards and stuff, and I'm totally anxious to send more stuff!

FAILS AT EVERYTHING
Jan 2, 2006

Finally, I've escaped!
Thanks everyone so much for the Christmas cards! I will get around to posting the pictures in the next day or so. Never really received any cards before so this was quite exciting. :)

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

when worlds collide posted:

I would like to know if there's anyone in this thread who has not received anything, or has only received one or two things.

Thank you. :)

Happy holidays everyone. Got tonnes of stationery for xmas, cards and stuff, and I'm totally anxious to send more stuff!

I've got one card so far, but I suspect there'll be more coming after today.

I second this request! I got a ton of stuff to send out now too!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I've got one card so far, but I suspect there'll be more coming after today.

I second this request! I got a ton of stuff to send out now too!

Oh good. You probably will get more now that your address is sorted. Did you get mine?? It hasn't come back so I'm hoping that it found it's way to you. I just get scared that some people take it instead of putting 'return to sender, addressee not here' on it! Those people are baddies! And it's actually highly illegal to open someone else's mail, but it's a very difficult crime to catch someone doing, so most people don't give a poo.

The people who arrived at this thread for xmas cards should probably let us know if they want to continue with goon mail, because we carry this thread through the year and observe all manner of holidays and non-holidays. So if you only intended to participate in the xmas card exchange, drop a line and inform lamb if you want to be removed from the list. But I highly encourage you to stick around, the awesomeness that is goon mail goes all year long!

And there was discussion awhile ago as to whether we should make a new thread, or keep with this one. I vote keep with this one. Lamb is still around, and still very active (in fact, she's a snail mail powerhouse) and she has done a lot of work putting the address list up online, and keeping it maintained nearly to the day. So I don't personally feel there's any reason to carry over into a new thread. My 2c. :)

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

when worlds collide posted:

Oh good. You probably will get more now that your address is sorted. Did you get mine?? It hasn't come back so I'm hoping that it found it's way to you. I just get scared that some people take it instead of putting 'return to sender, addressee not here' on it! Those people are baddies! And it's actually highly illegal to open someone else's mail, but it's a very difficult crime to catch someone doing, so most people don't give a poo.

The people who arrived at this thread for xmas cards should probably let us know if they want to continue with goon mail, because we carry this thread through the year and observe all manner of holidays and non-holidays. So if you only intended to participate in the xmas card exchange, drop a line and inform lamb if you want to be removed from the list. But I highly encourage you to stick around, the awesomeness that is goon mail goes all year long!

And there was discussion awhile ago as to whether we should make a new thread, or keep with this one. I vote keep with this one. Lamb is still around, and still very active (in fact, she's a snail mail powerhouse) and she has done a lot of work putting the address list up online, and keeping it maintained nearly to the day. So I don't personally feel there's any reason to carry over into a new thread. My 2c. :)

I didn't get yours, I'm afraid! I'm happy to wait longer, though. Maybe it'll get returned to you or something. Who knows! But, please don't worry about it! It's the thought that counts!

I definitely plan to stick around for more card spamming after this! I love sending cards and shopping for flat, cardsized goodies.

I don't mind if we keep this thread or make a new one... so long as it's easy to find the new one.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I have a HUGE pile of things that I need to thank various people for. Lots of great cards and thingies. I also did some calculations, and I can send a postcard to every single person who has signed up in this thread for less than $60 in postage. Time to get out the cardstock, rubber stamps and markers!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

genesplicer posted:

I also did some calculations, and I can send a postcard to every single person who has signed up in this thread for less than $60 in postage. Time to get out the cardstock, rubber stamps and markers!

drat! That's exciting! :neckbeard:

tehlad
Mar 11, 2008

Just another day on the job
Finally getting back into the groove after the holidays and wanted to pop in here and say thank you to all the people who sent my girlfriend and I cards.

In no particular order: Team Lunch, Tinydryad, AuntBuck, The Ninja Scotsman, Tendai, Zombiesharks, Marsattacks, IMJack.
Also forgive me if I misspelled your forum name, some of you guys have a doctors handwriting. :3:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Did we decide it was still cool to send Christmas cards...? Because I think I'm going to keep sending Christmas cards until they're gone. :v:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Niemat posted:

Did we decide it was still cool to send Christmas cards...? Because I think I'm going to keep sending Christmas cards until they're gone. :v:

I have a bunch that are already addressed and just in need of postage, so I should hope so. Then again, I've been known to intentionally send cards for the wrong holidays all year round. :shobon:

I got a couple of really awesome cards from Van Goober and Mr. Lacey a couple days ago. My roommate was a bit disturbed by everything, so hooray! The creepy dolphin drawing has been added to the fridge and thoroughly analyzed for :wtc: levels.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Very much overdue I decided to open up all my Christmas mail (10 in total, WOOT!) and I want to thank Mizufusion & Psykoguy, Gonzo Ronin, 13pandora13, Van Goober, nonpromqueen, Rufus En Fuego (my cleaning lady hates you ;-), when worlds collide, Team Lunch, Afishonastick and Drei!

My father in law is thrilled with the stamps from all over the world and I found my list that has some names on it to send stuff to and then I can update with lambs newest list.

I figured this is the snailmail / holiday mail thread, you can send out wether it is christmas or not and you will be target audience for random internet idiots.
For example: I draw on postcards, but you will have to name the subject. Name one and receive a card. been a while, so if you requested in the past let's pretend I forgot and request again!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I too have a pile of unrecognized goonmail I'll be working on over the next couple days.

Some of the replies will be...special.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Just found a pile of goonmail sitting inside my entranceway. We've either had a rather interesting home invasion, or my roommate checked the mail before I got up this morning.

Thank you to When Worlds Collide, Team Lunch, and Aunt Buck. Absolutely love all your cards! They were all addressed to 1904 which was before my address correction, so I'm amazed (and delighted) that they got here!

WWC, your card is adorable! I love the sparkles, and the dolphin confetti. How did you know I'm a huge Peanuts fan?! Thank you!

Aunt Buck, your card was the shiniest one yet. It has a place of honour on my desk next to my copious amounts of Christmas chocolate. (Shameful chocolate not shown here.)

Team Lunch, your card made me laugh really hard, because I am especially apeshit over those 'facial expression never changes' things/jokes... And also because the cat was named Chrissy, which was my nickname for the first 18 years of my life. Thanks again.

I have more mail to go out, and I'm definitely sending out my holiday cards until at least the end of the year. Hope no one minds! It just means there will be more cards sent out!

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 29, 2017

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Thanks to Keeton (?) from The Netherlands, AuntBuck, and Jendawn13!!! (who I recognize from a long time ago for some reason)

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Another card today!

Thanks to Drei! Homemade cards are awesome!

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 29, 2017

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

I got more goonmail! :3: So did my Mommy.

Love you guys.

Raaachel
Jul 10, 2010
I've been a bit inactive after moving AGAIN, so, if someone could please update/add my address to the list, I'd really appreciate it. :3

Raaachel
706 South Hominy Place
Skiatook, Oklahoma

That would be awesome! Also, I'll be sending out a bunch of stuff soon! AND, my birthday is January 15th for anybody that likes making birthday cards. 8)

Raaachel fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 30, 2011

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Raaachel posted:

I've been a bit inactive after moving AGAIN, so, if someone could please update/add my address to the list, I'd really appreciate it. :3

Raaachel
*redacted

That would be awesome! Also, I'll be sending out a bunch of stuff soon! AND, my birthday is January 15th for anybody that likes making birthday cards. 8)

Oh nooo, you did move. I sent you something! I am going to assume you didn't get it... but no worry, I'll send something again! (I sent the last thing to NY)

Also thank you to Hypothetical McGee (googly eyes made me laugh), Drei (yaaay homemade! bestmade), and cardboardRobot (homemade too with activities, woohoo). Actually technically Ms. McGee's constitutes as homemade as well, so I got 3 for 3. Love them and thanks again! (Drei I hope it is ok if my card is not xmas, I figured we have been there done that. Hope a generic pretty card is acceptable :3:)

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Oct 25, 2012

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Oh man I wish I had remembered to put my birthday (December 13th) but with the amount of goonmail I've received I can't complain.

Now on to the thank you's! Some local mail from caramelbread, a recipe card from Miryei, and a card from Team Lunch (yes I think Batman is very festive)!

And man oh man. This morning there was a small bulgy envelope addressed to cardboardRobot in the mail! Inside I found an amazing octopus card as well as a finger tentacle from Andrew "Garbage Day" Miller. I could not stop smiling! Pictures to come most definitely!

I think I'll take a picture of all the goonmail I've gotten from the entire year starting from the valentine's day thread. I can't thank everyone enough for all the joy it's been to find goonmail in my mailbox. For the past year I've been eagerly checking the mail every day. I hope the goonmail doesn't stop!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Hypothetical McGee! Miryei! Team Lunch! The Peacock! Teh Lad! Cardboard Robot! USS Kobayashi Issa!

Thank you all for the recent Goonmail.

McGee: I love the cowboy themed Christmas card. It made me smile!
Kobayashi: Hello, thank you, and hello from Mr. Wrenchfarm too!
Team Lunch: My mom has a great sense of humour, so she loved the Christmas Batman stuff!
Miryei: Your card was so cute and sparkly, and I want to make the recipe you sent, for my boyfriend, posthaste!
The Peacock: I loved stripper santa and maniacal santa and his henchbird. :3:
Cardboard Robot: Your card was beautiful! And I really liked the drawn robot on the inside.

Goonlove IS the best love. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Mars Attacks, Jendawn13, IMJack, Fluffy Bunnies, Garbage Day, UnexpectedRoad, and ThePitGoddess your goonmail was not forgotten and replies are in the mail presently! :neckbeard:

LyonsLions has the Reeses gotten to you yet? I feel like I owe you more :ohdear: My boyfriend LOVES the cotton candy gum. It seriously made his Christmas. :iamafag: