Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
I honestly have no idea if they know anything about the fan translations. They just sent me these because they used my art in the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That's still pretty cool of them to do. It's a nice book.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

That's great! I just got my copy today too (I bought it, though it's not like I wouldn't anyway)! Now if only I could read all of it. Then again I can read the crazier parts of Abe's manga just fine so it's not that big a deal.

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011
All that stuff is really drat awesome! I can kinda find my signature on Inoko MAX's shirt, but it ended up being just a jumbled mess of blue because of a combination of his blue pen running out of ink and his shirt somehow getting wrinkled and pushed together, despite him putting a folder or something underneath it. Oh well.

Anyway, it's beyond great that the thread has left its mark in a pretty big way. Let's see if we can take it further (reasonably, of course) next time!

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

If you were around the old thread when I shared a preview from a Sunsoft cover album that was coming out, well, it came out, and I got it, and the Tokaido song that was the highlight.

I'm gonna err on the side of :filez: for the track right now, buuut I'll share the lyrics sheet:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

rdbbb posted:

If you were around the old thread when I shared a preview from a Sunsoft cover album that was coming out, well, it came out, and I got it, and the Tokaido song that was the highlight.

I'm gonna err on the side of :filez: for the track right now, buuut I'll share the lyrics sheet:

That's strange. I saw a Sunsoft album before that featured 53 Stations and having another one seems odd...

Wait a second...

Official English Lyrics posted:

Wanna kiss you
Wanna hold you
Wanna make love right now

We now have the real reason this game was never released in the US.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
"Bamboo spear" and "eat radish" are euphemisms, right? :stare:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Obviously the censors don't want us to know about the bamboo spear radish-eating revolution.

e: ^^^ Beaten! But yes, almost certainly.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 28, 2011

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

rdbbb posted:

I want this in my possession right now.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

We now have the real reason this game was never released in the US.

They added a bit for the arrangement of course. :) It's also supposed to be for both Tokaido and Ikki, but yeah.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Would it be unethical to scan some of Abe's comic to show the rest of us? I haven't seen any except for occasional shots in the actual show. I mean someone scanned and translated Kibe's entire comic so it should be okay, right...?

Johanz
Nov 3, 2010
Oh man, pretty neat package! Finally got around to seeing Part 2 of the "Quest of Ki" episode. Great stuff! Have been kinda busy during the holidays... Busy.. Eating food.. Mostly.

Anyhoo, awesome to see the thread still thriving and lots of neat stuff happening in it. There are a few threads or sites even that I visit on a daily basis. This is one of them.
Also, can someone explain the concept of the GCCX magazine? Is it sorta like the Top Gear magazine? You have the personalities from the show doing reviews and other stuff. The GCCX magazine is sorta like that? Or something?

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

It's not a magazine per se, it's just a fan book published once in a while (we're talking years). What they've mostly had is a lot of staff interviews and tiny episode guides.

Johanz
Nov 3, 2010
Oh, that's pretty awesome still. Times like these I wish I really knew japanese haha. Fan translations can only do so much, so much cool side material when it comes to stuff from Japan.

Padgjj
Jan 4, 2008
Never trouble trouble 'til trouble troubles you
Edit:
pointless post.

Padgjj fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 30, 2011

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Reich Joyce posted:

It would appear some sadist has released an English translation of Takeshi's Challenge.

Might want to check the previous page.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?
It wasn't one done by the SA team, but I just watched the Ultra Seven episode, and I loved it, especially the scene transition with Arino looking super stoic as he zooms towards the screen, flexing. It never failed to make me lose it.

I'm lacking in gif creating talent (and programs), but if some kind soul would like to make that scene transition into a gif that could be used as an avatar on the forums, I would be happy forever. Or at least until the next episode is up.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

DaMangoSentinel posted:

It wasn't one done by the SA team, but I just watched the Ultra Seven episode, and I loved it, especially the scene transition with Arino looking super stoic as he zooms towards the screen, flexing. It never failed to make me lose it.

I'm lacking in gif creating talent (and programs), but if some kind soul would like to make that scene transition into a gif that could be used as an avatar on the forums, I would be happy forever. Or at least until the next episode is up.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?

Mister Chief posted:

Thank you, good sir! Much appreciated!

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

DaMangoSentinel posted:

Thank you, good sir! Much appreciated!

Glorious. :golfclap:

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.
Oh wow OP why did you do this to me.

I just watched the Ninja Gaiden one on Kotaku, and it was awesome. Rarely do I show real emotion for a television show, but, god drat, when they sent him back to 6-1 for the first time, that was heartbreaking.

This poo poo is excellent.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Those of you who liked the Ninja Gaiden episode may be interested to see something on the opposite side of the spectrum: http://blip.tv/tipping-forties/let-s-play-ninja-gaiden-5830761

A totally impromptu 22 minute speedrun from an out of practice and somewhat drunk player, from a thread in the LP forum. I'm not posting this to say that it was easy or anything, it's clearly insanely hard, I just think it's interesting to see games get played really well after watching its episode on GCCX, just for a nice contrasting view of the game.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I feel the same way about that contrast. I make a habit out of watching speedruns of games after I see them on GCCX, assuming I can find one on SDA. It's kind of cathartic to see someone completely trivialize something in a matter of seconds that Arino (or I) would spend hours or days struggling with. I still enjoy both styles of game presentation, though.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

Hokuto posted:

I feel the same way about that contrast. I make a habit out of watching speedruns of games after I see them on GCCX, assuming I can find one on SDA. It's kind of cathartic to see someone completely trivialize something in a matter of seconds that Arino (or I) would spend hours or days struggling with. I still enjoy both styles of game presentation, though.

It blew my mind when I first saw this video.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Talking about speedruns: Siglemic's 120 stars in Mario 64 in 1:47:10 is pretty crazy too. He accomplished this on livestream a couple days ago.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

New live special coming up! February 24: Arino's "Last Challenge of the 30s" (he turns 40 the next day).

I've been lucky the last couple of shows when I found a livestream, so start getting your hopes up nnnnow, especially because it starts at 6 pm there and goes to 2 AM if I'm reading that right, which is... not convenient for my fellow North Americans (1 AM PT the same day).

That's it for now. Dunno what the game(s) will be. (I wouldn't expect Battletoads because Part 2 of that will have aired already)

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

rdbbb posted:

New live special coming up! February 24: Arino's "Last Challenge of the 30s" (he turns 40 the next day).

I've been lucky the last couple of shows when I found a livestream, so start getting your hopes up nnnnow, especially because it starts at 6 pm there and goes to 2 AM if I'm reading that right, which is... not convenient for my fellow North Americans (1 AM PT the same day).

That's it for now. Dunno what the game(s) will be. (I wouldn't expect Battletoads because Part 2 of that will have aired already)

Were you able to catch the 10min New Years Special this morning. Any news from the show other than the live special.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Here is the link to the 10 min New Years 2012 Special on the usual Japanese blog.

http://ginfo377.blog26.fc2.com/blog-entry-449.html

Edit: The video only shows the first 5 seconds. It the asks for paid registration. Hope someone can find another video link for the special.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 1, 2012

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

I haven't seen it yet but I doubt there was anything substantial.

edit: OK, saw it, and yeah, basically they just announced the live show.

rdbbb fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jan 1, 2012

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

joek0 posted:

Here is the link to the 10 min New Years 2012 Special on the usual Japanese blog.

http://ginfo377.blog26.fc2.com/blog-entry-449.html

Edit: The video only shows the first 5 seconds. It the asks for paid registration. Hope someone can find another video link for the special.

Here is a link to the New Year Special on Dailymotion.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xndfk1_yyyyyyycx-yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy_videogames

MTXperience
Sep 2, 2011
Did the Lincoln episode with Yoiko on it ever get subbed? I thought this was being worked on at some point, not sure if I just missed it or not.

Thanks to all the translators/timers/etc. in this thread!

Dog Toggle Switch
May 16, 2006

MTXperience posted:

Did the Lincoln episode with Yoiko on it ever get subbed? I thought this was being worked on at some point, not sure if I just missed it or not.

Thanks to all the translators/timers/etc. in this thread!

Yeah, I'm curious about this too. I've watched the raw, but the whole premise is based off of what they're saying, so I'd love to know what the status is on the sub.

Johanz
Nov 3, 2010
Ah, back from celebrating the holidays.. Man, I'm way behind on my GCCX schedule, still watching the Bonk episode! Appreciate all the translation efforts too.

And a new live show.. I doubt that is ever going to be translated so be sure to tell us other people about the highlights or if it was any good! As much as I love GCCX I am probably not going to sit and watch 24 hours of understanding just a tiny bit of what is going on, haha.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Johanz posted:

Ah, back from celebrating the holidays.. Man, I'm way behind on my GCCX schedule, still watching the Bonk episode! Appreciate all the translation efforts too.

And a new live show.. I doubt that is ever going to be translated so be sure to tell us other people about the highlights or if it was any good! As much as I love GCCX I am probably not going to sit and watch 24 hours of understanding just a tiny bit of what is going on, haha.

Yeah, scheduled for 8 hours with a good chance of overtime on it means it's probably not going to get translated.

I'm just dying of curiosity to know what they'll make him play. Hopefully it will be something cruel.

Johanz
Nov 3, 2010
Haha, I hope that Arino is his usual "Well, this game is easy, we don't need to be here for 8 hours!". I love his positive outlook on things, then his optimism just gets smashed to bits! <3

I wouldn't mind seeing a 10 min compilation, translated or not, of the fun stuff from the live thingy. If it is any fun that is. The last live show looked okay but man, Quest of Ki, dying more than a hundred times for several hours.. I don't think I could watch that and say that it is good entertainment, haha. I would probably be just as defeated as Arino.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Johanz posted:

I wouldn't mind seeing a 10 min compilation, translated or not, of the fun stuff from the live thingy.

If they do it like Lemmings and Ki then there will be some kind of recap in the regular episodes.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
Hell, I'd just like to see him make it to Super Macho Man in Punch-Out!! so we can see the reaction to those pecs.

Johanz
Nov 3, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

If they do it like Lemmings and Ki then there will be some kind of recap in the regular episodes.

Oh yeah, you are totally right haha. And I'm even watching the Bonk-episode now where they do just that.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

rdbbb posted:

Does KeyHole TV get the channel it's on or does it air on some premium channel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

It's on a cable/sat channel, sorry.