Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1st1sHere
Nov 4, 2011
There was a five part SNL on Stern special that was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Dr. Faustus posted:

It can't be healthy, putting foreign objects in your ear canals like that. Can it? I mean, what is this?

Feh.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
High Pitch Mike's googly eye
it's always lookin at dudes~

Got up, took a shower and that's what popped in my head. This show.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Every so often a random segment from the show comes back to me and I start laughing out of nowhere and people look at me like a lunatic. Most recently I remembered when they goofed on Larry King for making a weird snorting noise. I can't find it on youtube unfortunately.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Szyznyk posted:

Feh.

That running in the rain, you'll slip and fall and catch pneumonia.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Also, don't go to the doctor, they'll just kill you

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Hey Richard, this is your dad.

One of your cousins went to the dentist once, and she never came home. I'd be careful if I were you, bub.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Former Human posted:

Every so often a random segment from the show comes back to me and I start laughing out of nowhere and people look at me like a lunatic. Most recently I remembered when they goofed on Larry King for making a weird snorting noise. I can't find it on youtube unfortunately.

From one of my favorite "What do you do for a living?" moments on the show, the brilliant Howard poem "Looky here looky here, you make money 'cause you can steer." comes to me whenever I have to deal with a truck driver.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Just a warning, Nick and Artie's show is on again, but it's some other guys covering for them until after the new years

These guys are not comedians at all and the show is %100 sports and loving boring as hell.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Vakal posted:

Just a warning, Nick and Artie's show is on again, but it's some other guys covering for them until after the new years

These guys are not comedians at all and the show is %100 sports and loving boring as hell.

Which is the opposite of when Jim Rome goes on vacation and we are blessed with the Sklar Brothers, Jay Mohr (6000 Gary Unmarried jokes) and random people from Entourage guest hosting.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

One of your cousins went to the dentist once, and she never came home. I'd be careful if I were you, bub.

We done got in to that cheesecake you done sent, it was pretty good.

The two snappin turtles, snappy and crappy. We think one is a boy and ones a girl, we don't want 'em livin' in sin.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Astro7x posted:

So was there a History of Howard Stern this year? Usually they have some sort of big special for this time of year don't they?

REBEL REBEL

REBEL REBEL

REBEL REBEL

REBEL REBEL

REBEL REBEL

REBEL REBEL

REBEL REBEL

There, now we've all heard this year's History of Howard Stern.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Spacemonkey57 posted:

My sister ran in the rain once, then the Nazis came and took her away.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Former Human posted:

This happened to me bad yesterday morning getting ready for work.

HEY, THIS IS KC ARMSTRONG!!! AND I'M HERE TO TELL YOU ABOUT MY FAVORITE THING IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!

GUYS, GUYS, GUYS!!

Richard's throaty KC/wrestler voice is my faaaavorite.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP
Give KC the beef boys and grease his hole, cover him in man juice from head to toe and let it drip awaaaayyy

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches

AltronHGX posted:

This happened to me bad yesterday morning getting ready for work.

HEY, THIS IS KC ARMSTRONG!!! AND I'M HERE TO TELL YOU ABOUT MY FAVORITE THING IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!

GUYS, GUYS, GUYS!!

Richard's throaty KC/wrestler voice is my faaaavorite.

This happens to me often, but it is usually the first line of Photograph because Richards voice is so high :)

gingernuts
Jul 12, 2007

The best is when Fred called Benjy "Justin Blubber."

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
Man, can't believe I missed Stern drunk dialing some fans last night.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Say what now? Explain or link to please.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Indolent Bastard posted:

Say what now? Explain or link to please.

http://twitter.com/#!/HowardStern

Apparently, he was calling (a lot of) people who had sent him their phone number via Twitter yesterday.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
Hah, Benjy and his girlfriend posted their number up on Twitter. I called it up and wished them a Happy New Year.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Qaz Kwaz posted:

This would have made my year.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

-Atom- posted:

This would have made my year.

That would be awesome. I'd probably ask about the wig and gently caress the call all up.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.

Vakal posted:

This really just confirms that the station has absolutely no idea of WHY the show is actually popular. It's not because of sports, it's not "POLITICS AND GUY TALK WITH NICKY D", it's popular because of Artie. Every time he gets poo poo for telling stories and pushed back on topic I want to punch their GM in the face.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Going through the N&A clips on their website and even though they're titled "Nick and Artie talk about..." nearly every non-interview clip amounts to "Artie talks about x" or "Artie tells a story about when he x" or "Artie does an x impression". Artie completely dominates most of the interesting discussions which is why it is so hilarious that Nick seems to be the show-runner, crow-barring in new topics with the grace of a drunken midget.

Artie just gets good radio and doesn't give a gently caress about anything else, which is what makes the show so fun to listen to. They joke about it but Artie actually does come across as a seasoned broadcaster in a lot of ways where Nick seems like an amateur, and you can tell when Artie's annoyed with the bullshit they have to put up with from the technical/commercial/higher-ups standpoint. Which, like I said, just makes it more fun to listen to.

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 1, 2012

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Sand Monster posted:

http://twitter.com/#!/HowardStern

Apparently, he was calling (a lot of) people who had sent him their phone number via Twitter yesterday.

Before we went out last night, my brothers and I spent a good half hour calling people who posted their phone numbers, pretending to be Howard Stern.

My one brother, who sounds nothing like Howard save the deep voice, fooled a few people. It was kind of sad, actually. The people would get tongue-tied and nervous and put him on speaker phone so "everyone" could hear. I've turned a corner because at first I was laughing, then I got sad realizing that people thought it was Howard only to have my brother start asking if their wife/GF licked their rear end in a top hat.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jan 2, 2012

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
In all seriousness, I have to admit that's a really nice and humble thing to do, even if someone considers it a total ego-stroke.

It just makes me realize more that he does the best that he can to be human, but overall he's still miserable and is desperate to stay relevant in show business. And why not? When it comes to his image, all people hear is sex-and-fart jokes.

'I wish I were on American Idol. You're gonna pay me $50 million for three months, sure why not? Judging a karaoke contest is nothing.'

[18 months later]

'I didn't join America's Got Talent for the money. I did it because I genuinely LIKE the show, and I think that I can really turn it around.'

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Are they still off this week? I thought it was a two week vacation?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

qbert posted:

Are they still off this week? I thought it was a two week vacation?

If a holiday falls on a weekend, I'm sure he gets a day off to make up for it. I'm a lowly civil servant and I get the same deal. I bet Nick and Artie have to work though.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Szyznyk posted:

If a holiday falls on a weekend, I'm sure he gets a day off to make up for it. I'm a lowly civil servant and I get the same deal. I bet Nick and Artie have to work though.

Are they taking the whole week off? If they are in tomorrow, it only ends up being a two day work week for him.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

Szyznyk posted:

So no Nick and Artie Monday night? What a shame.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Kelly posted:

Are they taking the whole week off? If they are in tomorrow, it only ends up being a two day work week for him.

They just worked two four day weeks in December. Let the man have his rest.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

porkfriedrice posted:

So no Nick and Artie Monday night? What a shame.

I'm way more disappointed over this. I want to hear Artie's exasperation over not being able to do anything fun on new years.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Holy Calamity! posted:

I'm way more disappointed over this. I want to hear Artie's exasperation over not being able to do anything fun on new years.

I was in Jersey for New Year's weekend and all the accents made me want to listen to/hang out with Artie even more.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ether Frenzy posted:

My grandmother is from Oklahoma. She called me yesterday to wish me happy something-or-other, and at the end, she said "well, talk to ya later" in the exact same cadence Richard's dad uses when he signs off. I almost laughed out loud into the phone. :3:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I haven't listened to the show in months and the only thing I miss are the phony phone calls. Do Richard and Sal still do them? Any Youtube links or compilations someone can post?

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
So this is it, huh? It's going to be an entire year full of AGT talk? How loving insufferable this show has become. There is no light at the end of this tunnel. What a god damned shame.

Edit: Ah yes, no show would be complete without a call from the parade of horribles sycophant Bobo.

Why do I keep thinking maybe the show will get better? Why do I feel and act like a battered spouse? Someone please help me.

beergod fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 3, 2012

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Artie and Nick supposedly back tonight according their FB feed.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

beergod posted:

So this is it, huh? It's going to be an entire year full of AGT talk? How loving insufferable this show has become. There is no light at the end of this tunnel. What a god damned shame.

Between this and the SFN drama, there's really no reason to listen live at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

beergod posted:

Edit: Ah yes, no show would be complete without a call from the parade of horribles sycophant Bobo.

Why do I keep thinking maybe the show will get better? Why do I feel and act like a battered spouse? Someone please help me.

All holiday break bobo would wake up at 5am, go down to the ocean and write down questions like "How beautiful is Beth" and practice saying them until Howard came back on the air.

It's also funny because you just know at some points in his private life, "bobo" pops into his head.