Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Lefou, I'm afraid I've been eating... you.

FretforyourLatte posted:

Had me a baby the other day!

Sadie was born at 4:01 am on 12/30. They induced me in the evening on 12/29 because my blood pressure was starting to spazz out, and we'd already verified by amnio that she was fully developed and ready to go. She weighed 6lb 12oz and was 20in long. So far, she is a total peach. :3: Last night was our first night home and it went as well as things can go at this point, I was actually able to get a few hours of sleep here and there which isn't half bad!

Congrats, you scored an adorable baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Ditto. How'd she come out with such a round head?

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

Oracle posted:

My kid's head was so perfect. I was stunned. :O I can see it being possible after just a few hours (or even an hour or two). That was definitely the case in our situation!

bamzilla fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 3, 2012

FretforyourLatte
Sep 16, 2010

Put you in my oven!

Oracle posted:

I guess it's because I only had to push for seriously less than ten minutes, maybe even closer to five. I think it was only like three contractions and she was out, and they were coming right on top of each other that point. Total labor was less than 8 hours from the time they started the pitocin until she was born. I powered her out of there, the doctors were all impressed!

FretforyourLatte fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 3, 2012

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010
Anyone else have a loss of appetite at the end of pregnancy? I'm a couple days shy of 38 weeks and for the past couple of days I haven't wanted to eat at all. Its like being at week 10 again where very little sounds good and there is little to no hunger.

Sarsaparilla
Feb 24, 2007

You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought.
Do we have the same due date? (I'm January 21) I'm a couple days shy of 38 as well but I've had the opposite - the whole pregnancy I've barely been able to eat more than my pre-pregnancy intake but this last week I've pigged out like a mad woman.

Tesla Insanely Coil
Jul 23, 2006

Ask me why I'm not squatting.
I'm at the very end of my pregnancy (yesterday was my due date) and when the baby recently dropped, my appetite shot through the roof. Even before my pregnancy I wasn't able to eat so much without feeling overfull. I looked around online to see if this was a common thing and it seems like it's different for everyone! One thing I read is that you get more progesterone and relaxin hormones near the end, and I think progesterone can mess with your appetite.

skeetied
Mar 10, 2011
I'm a couple of days shy of 36 weeks and haven't felt much like eating for the past couple of weeks. I had lost weight at my previous appointment, so now I'm trying to graze throughout the day, but it's definitely hard to get excited about food right now for me.

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010

Sarsaparilla posted:

Do we have the same due date? (I'm January 21) I'm a couple days shy of 38 as well but I've had the opposite - the whole pregnancy I've barely been able to eat more than my pre-pregnancy intake but this last week I've pigged out like a mad woman.

I'm due January 19th, so very close in due dates. My appetite also shot through the roof when she dropped but has gone back to not really wanting to eat, especially today and last night (with the exception of ice cream which was more of a nagging craving I've been avoiding). I can't really find a straight answer on google either so I figured I'd ask my fellow goons. Its annoying as poo poo and I know the kid has to be annoyed about it.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004
So I just found out my wife is pregnant. We had tried twice and she thinks we got it on the first try -- the first test read negative, tossed it out, we tried again a few days later, tested it last night and it was a dark positive line. We had been reading online and we apparently found out that a really faint line means positive as well. The first test she used was extremely faint, so we figured it was negative. No wonder people buy the tests that are more black and white (digital Yes / No).

As a dude, I thought I was going to be bummed out, but I was ecstatic when she told me.

I'm going to find some pregnancy books for the iPad and do some reading this weekend. Looks like we'll have to make some doctor appointments as well.

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

Bank posted:

So I just found out my wife is pregnant. We had tried twice and she thinks we got it on the first try -- the first test read negative, tossed it out, we tried again a few days later, tested it last night and it was a dark positive line. We had been reading online and we apparently found out that a really faint line means positive as well. The first test she used was extremely faint, so we figured it was negative. No wonder people buy the tests that are more black and white (digital Yes / No).

As a dude, I thought I was going to be bummed out, but I was ecstatic when she told me.

I'm going to find some pregnancy books for the iPad and do some reading this weekend. Looks like we'll have to make some doctor appointments as well.

If your wife is testing positive, she's probably 4-5 weeks along already.

FretforyourLatte
Sep 16, 2010

Put you in my oven!

Bank posted:

I'm glad you're happy, but if you thought you would be bummed out, why were you intentionally trying to conceive?

Best of luck.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004

Bodnoirbabe posted:

If your wife is testing positive, she's probably 4-5 weeks along already.
Ha. Well I guess she really got pregnant the first time around then..

FretforyourLatte posted:

I'm glad you're happy, but if you thought you would be bummed out, why were you intentionally trying to conceive?

Best of luck.
I think it's just the typical mentality of being a guy. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I had doubts about whether or not I wanted to have kids; it's just a bittersweet moment as I'm dreading the work that comes with having a kid, but I know it'll be all worth it once he/she comes into this world.

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Goonettes I need your advice. Today I am officially 40weeks and there is no sign that this kid is ready to emerge. I had my midwife appointment today and she said they are willing to let things go a little while longer, but with my gestational diabetes they are planning on getting this kid out in a week if labor hasn't happened by then. She tried to strip my membranes today to help things along, but it turns out that my cervix was all "hell no" (completely undialated) and she said that induction at this point wouldn't take since clearly my body wasn't ready yet.

I know that "healthy baby and healthy mom" are the most important things in the end, but I would really like to avoid the full medical induction, potential c-section, and lengthy hospital stay. Any advice on how to convince this kid to get out?

Superdawg
Jan 28, 2009
I've been watching this thread (and the others) for a while now. Here is my contribution, and lession.

After two miscarriages, we finally conceived and this handsome fella was born on Monday afternoon.

It was our first baby, he was 6 lbs 14.8 ounces at 19 inches long. My wife awoke me at 6:41 AM that her water had broke. She was 38 weeks, 4 days into the pregnancy.

By 10:30, with no medication, she was 8 cm dilated and still begging for meds and epidural. By the time the anesthesiologist came, she was nearly 9 cm dilated.

Once the epidural was in, it was a whole new day. She felt no pain whatsoever. By 2:07, she was fully dilated and we got started with pushing. By 3:22 pm, little Christopher Daniel was born!

Lesson to be learned? Even after two missed miscarriages (heartbeat never started), never give up hope!

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Superdawg posted:

I've been watching this thread (and the others) for a while now. Here is my contribution, and lession.

After two miscarriages, we finally conceived and this handsome fella was born on Monday afternoon.

It was our first baby, he was 6 lbs 14.8 ounces at 19 inches long. My wife awoke me at 6:41 AM that her water had broke. She was 38 weeks, 4 days into the pregnancy.

By 10:30, with no medication, she was 8 cm dilated and still begging for meds and epidural. By the time the anesthesiologist came, she was nearly 9 cm dilated.

Once the epidural was in, it was a whole new day. She felt no pain whatsoever. By 2:07, she was fully dilated and we got started with pushing. By 3:22 pm, little Christopher Daniel was born!

Lesson to be learned? Even after two missed miscarriages (heartbeat never started), never give up hope!

Congrats Superdawg! And way to go Mrs. Superdawg with what sounds like a pretty ideal delivery.

Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

I'm as clumsy as I am beautiful
Congrats, Superdawg! I love a feelgood story :)

Susan B. Antimony
Aug 25, 2008

Crazy Old Clarice posted:

Goonettes I need your advice. Today I am officially 40weeks and there is no sign that this kid is ready to emerge. I had my midwife appointment today and she said they are willing to let things go a little while longer, but with my gestational diabetes they are planning on getting this kid out in a week if labor hasn't happened by then. She tried to strip my membranes today to help things along, but it turns out that my cervix was all "hell no" (completely undialated) and she said that induction at this point wouldn't take since clearly my body wasn't ready yet.

I know that "healthy baby and healthy mom" are the most important things in the end, but I would really like to avoid the full medical induction, potential c-section, and lengthy hospital stay. Any advice on how to convince this kid to get out?

I can tell you what I did, and what's worked for me twice: castor oil. If your cervix is ripe (even if undilated), castor oil may be able to kickstart labor. Both times I took it twice in the evening and woke up in labor--but you will poo poo YOUR BRAINS OUT, so many women consider it not worth trying. On the plus side, I didn't crap myself while in labor, having already cleaned out my insides. Best of luck!

Oh, and congrats, Superdawg!

Mangue
Aug 3, 2007

Call up your midwife and ask her about it but I have heard that an herbal supplement called evening primrose oil is a decent cervical ripening agent. As I mentioned, it's an herbal so you'll want to make sure that it's safe to take if you are on any other meds or have any medical conditions that might be contraindications. Another thing to try is to go get a real nice pedicure or have your SO give you a foot massage. I believe there are acupressure points in the ankle/calf that can sometimes induce labor. I know all this sounds pretty hippy dippy but that's all I can come up with if you're looking to try natural methods.

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
I cannot change the gender of my unborn child and shouldn't waste my time or energy pretending he won't exist
Sex is supposed to help because sperm has prostaglandin in it, which can help ripen the cervix. Also orgasms are supposed to help with contractions. Nipple stimulation is a pretty well known method of inducing labor too. As previously mentioned, acupressure and acupuncture supposedly work well too. Long walks and spicy food are sometimes suggested too.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B
I've never seen any evidence for acupuncture Doing anything like that.

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
I cannot change the gender of my unborn child and shouldn't waste my time or energy pretending he won't exist
http://www.webmd.com/baby/inducing-labor-naturally-can-it-be-done

quote:

Researchers at the University of North Carolina completed a small study to test whether this method has real benefits. The study involved 56 women who were 39 ½ to 41 weeks pregnant. (Forty weeks is full term.) Half of the women received three acupuncture sessions, while the other half did not.

Among those who received acupuncture, 70% went into labor without medical intervention. This compares to 50% of those who received standard care. The women who got acupuncture were also less likely to deliver by cesarean section -- 39% compared to 17%.

"We had almost a 50% reduction in the C-section rate," researcher Terry Harper, MD, tells WebMD. Harper, who now practices maternal fetal medicine in Albuquerque, says the small size of her study means additional research is needed. She hopes acupuncture might one day help more women give birth vaginally.

The study appeared in the August 2006 issue of The Journal of Maternal-Fetal and Neonatal Medicine. A larger study is currently underway, also at the University of North Carolina.

Being that it was a small study, it's really hard to say that it's definitive proof that acupuncture helps labor. Really, it's hard to say that for any method of inducing labor that isn't administered by a midwife/doctor, because the woman may have been ready to go into labor anyway. But, there's at least a small chance that acupuncture can help.

FretforyourLatte
Sep 16, 2010

Put you in my oven!

Unfortunately I don't have any advice on how to get your kiddo moving, but I just wanted to let you know that being induced doesn't increase your hospital stay any longer than just going into labor, aside from perhaps the few hours it takes the pitocin to kick in. I went in to get induced last Thursday night, had the baby Friday morning, and went home Sunday. As far as C-sections, from what I have heard it only requires one extra day of hospitalization, barring complications of course. Obviously we'd all rather go on our own, but the alternatives really aren't so bad.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

Fire In The Disco posted:

http://www.webmd.com/baby/inducing-labor-naturally-can-it-be-done

Being that it was a small study, it's really hard to say that it's definitive proof that acupuncture helps labor. Really, it's hard to say that for any method of inducing labor that isn't administered by a midwife/doctor, because the woman may have been ready to go into labor anyway. But, there's at least a small chance that acupuncture can help.

I'm still pretty skeptical to be honest. Some quick googling provides several largerr studeis that show no effect. Furthermore, the study you linked doesn't seem to be blinded, while for instance this one is: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2919333/

quote:

Methods
Nulliparous women at 38 weeks or greater were randomized to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) acupuncture, sham acupuncture, or usual care only groups. Acupuncture points LI4, SP6, BL32 and BL54 were needled bilaterally. The primary outcome was time from enrollment to delivery. Secondary outcomes included rates of spontaneous labor and cesarean delivery. Medical records were abstracted for maternal demographic, medical, and delivery outcome data. ANOVA, Student’s t-test, Chi-square, and Kaplan-Meier statistics were used to compare groups.

Results
89 women were enrolled and randomized. Maternal age, gestational age, prior acupuncture experience, tobacco, alcohol and drug use, gravida, and history of gynecological surgery were similar among the groups. There were no statistically significant differences among groups for time from enrollment to delivery (p=0.20), rates of spontaneous labor (p=0.66), or rates of cesarean delivery (p=0.37). Rates of maternal and neonatal outcomes were not significantly different.

Conclusion
TCM acupuncture was not effective in initiating spontaneous labor or reducing the rate of cesarean delivery compared to sham acupuncture or usual medical care.

Also, acupuncture isn't risk-free (while acupressure probably is). The risk is pretty low, but there have been people infected with stuff from dirty needles. I wouldn't presonally bother (I'd rather spend my money on something else, haha), but it's pretty harmless comparatively ;)

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
I wouldn't spend the money on it either, there are way more things that are more pressing, especially with a new baby!

But like any professional non-medical thing that uses needles (e.g. tattoos, piercings, etc), you should be able to see an acupuncturist open new needles for your session. When I took my childbirth class with Cecilia, we had an acupuncturist in the class, and he did a demo on one of the women. He used disposable, one-use needles that he opened new. I don't think I'd even trust someone who used anything else, and who didn't open them in front of me!

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

FretforyourLatte posted:

Unfortunately I don't have any advice on how to get your kiddo moving, but I just wanted to let you know that being induced doesn't increase your hospital stay any longer than just going into labor, aside from perhaps the few hours it takes the pitocin to kick in. I went in to get induced last Thursday night, had the baby Friday morning, and went home Sunday. As far as C-sections, from what I have heard it only requires one extra day of hospitalization, barring complications of course. Obviously we'd all rather go on our own, but the alternatives really aren't so bad.

Maybe it is the particular midwife practice we are a part of then, because they definitely made it sound like an extended stay in the hospital. They are very low intervention so they said the progression would be: try to strip the membrane (this is the only option that would allow me to go home immediately all others apparently require staying at the hospital), if that doesn't work try cervadil, if that doesn't work then pitocin, and finally C-section. For each of these options there is 24-hour waiting period involved where the midwives are hoping that the induction will take and they can let the body go from there without further intervention.

So in the best case scenario, not a long stay, but in the worst case (and I would prefer to be mentally prepared for the worst case since based on my personal medical history with hormone-based events the pitocin won't work and we'll have to go to a C-section) we were told we are looking at a five-day hospital stay. That is a lot since up until yesterday everyone was working under the assumption that we were looking at a two-day max hospital stay.

I know in the grand scheme of things this is not really a big deal; but it is a drastic shift from what I (and Mr. Clarice) value in the medical field so it will take a little time for us to come to terms with it.

In the meantime, thanks for all the suggestions on home induction (Mr. Clarice comically suggested trying to combine them all at once for the best outcome). And check out all those cute new goon-babies!

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007

In the meantime, thanks for all the suggestions on home induction (Mr. Clarice comically suggested trying to combine them all at once for the best outcome).

Trip report, pls.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
I have no idea about the validity of this, but I was curious recently about why you couldn't start pumping breastmilk prior to giving birth (since some people start leaking ahead of time) and everything I saw said attempting to pump can send you into early labor. Seems a pretty harmless thing to try if you're trying to get labor started.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

^^^ This would fall under nipple stimulation.

The Young Marge
Jul 19, 2006

but no one can talk to a horse, of course.

the progression would be: try to strip the membrane (this is the only option that would allow me to go home immediately all others apparently require staying at the hospital), if that doesn't work try cervadil, if that doesn't work then pitocin, and finally C-section. For each of these options there is 24-hour waiting period involved where the midwives are hoping that the induction will take and they can let the body go from there without further intervention.

I also had midwives, and we did a "gentle" induction. Cervidil came first, and what that does is ripen and thin the cervix. You don't want to start Pitocin with a firm, completely closed cervix. Sometimes the Cervidil alone can kick-start labor, but that wasn't the case for me. After 24 hours of Cervidil, I was at 3cm and Pitocin was started. For most women, that will induce labor. For me, it didn't. The nurses were all shocked. The Pitocin was started low and the dose was bumped up every 30 minutes. When I got to the max dosage with no progression, we decided to break my water, and that's what got everything moving.

Just wanted to give you some info on the Cervidil, and say that they should not be jumping right to c-section after Pitocin. Next time you see your midwife, ask about the possibility of water-breakage if Pitocin doesn't do the trick.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Fire In The Disco posted:

Sex is supposed to help because sperm has prostaglandin in it, which can help ripen the cervix.
The hospital joked that the amount of prostaglandin in a human ejaculation is so little that it would not have any effect, so they kept elephants on hand in order to deliver a larger... load

yawnie
Jul 29, 2003
lollerz.
Sex was the only thing my doctor recommended we do starting at 37 weeks to help ripen my cervix and get things going. I was 2cm and 70% effaced by 40 weeks and went into labor on my own at 41 weeks, so maybe it worked. Or maybe my husband slipped my doctor a 20 to suggest it, who knows ;)

I've heard that castor oil is pretty dangerous, not only for you but for the baby (upping the chance of the baby passing meconium before delivery). I don't know how valid that is but either way, I was never willing to risk it.

DjCoax
Mar 23, 2005

It is a good rule in life never to apologize. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them
My wife is 37 weeks and 1 day along now and two nights ago she woke up at about 2 in the morning with contractions. The contractions are coming every 10 minutes and at night are painful enough to wake her up. She also had a bloody mucus-like discharge (which we assumed was the mucus plus) yesterday morning.

Of course she called her doctor and she asked her to come in to the hospital to have it checked out. As the contractions are less heavier during the day , they hooked her up to some machine to monitor the contractions. Doctor told her it was just Braxton Hicks contractions. They checked her and there is no dilation at all. Cervix ripening but not there yet.

Past night , same pattern : she can't sleep from the pain. This morning , pain recedes a little bit. But the waves never stop. They keep rolling in. (As a side note I had this weird dream last night where the wife and I were in a house sitting way too close to the sea and the tide started coming in and we tried to seal up the doors to keep it from flooding. Which is a weird dream to have in this circumstance :) )

I thought that those Braxton Hicks contractions were a temporary thing. Is it normal to be non-stop ? Will these keep rolling in every 10 minutes for the next three weeks? Or is this already part of some cruel weeks-long labor ? If this drags on another couple of weeks she will be completely knackered by the time the baby decides to get out.

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

DjCoax posted:

My wife is 37 weeks and 1 day along now and two nights ago she woke up at about 2 in the morning with contractions. The contractions are coming every 10 minutes and at night are painful enough to wake her up. She also had a bloody mucus-like discharge (which we assumed was the mucus plus) yesterday morning.

Of course she called her doctor and she asked her to come in to the hospital to have it checked out. As the contractions are less heavier during the day , they hooked her up to some machine to monitor the contractions. Doctor told her it was just Braxton Hicks contractions. They checked her and there is no dilation at all. Cervix ripening but not there yet.

Past night , same pattern : she can't sleep from the pain. This morning , pain recedes a little bit. But the waves never stop. They keep rolling in. (As a side note I had this weird dream last night where the wife and I were in a house sitting way too close to the sea and the tide started coming in and we tried to seal up the doors to keep it from flooding. Which is a weird dream to have in this circumstance :) )

I thought that those Braxton Hicks contractions were a temporary thing. Is it normal to be non-stop ? Will these keep rolling in every 10 minutes for the next three weeks? Or is this already part of some cruel weeks-long labor ? If this drags on another couple of weeks she will be completely knackered by the time the baby decides to get out.

Braxton Hicks are random and don't follow a pattern. They certainly don't happen on an exact time. If she's having them every 10 minutes like clockwork, this may actually labor. However, if she's not dilated and her water hasn't broken, there's not much to do unless you want to induce. If the pains are worse at night, go to the emergency room at night where they can monitor it.

Seems really odd to me, but my guess is you are going to have a baby soon.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I'm not sure this is the appropriate thread for my question, but here goes:

Is it possible for a woman to get pregnant by sticking a just disposed condom up her vagina so she can get pregnant and trap her boyfriend into a long term relationship?

I know most condoms have spermicide, but is it enough? even for a huge rear end load?

DJ Tom Leykis recommended pouring tabasco in the condom to prevent this kind of situation, but I really don't feel like messing with hot sauce after sex.

I want to just flush the whole thing down the toilet, but i'm afraid it will screw up the plumbing.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010

DjCoax posted:

I get this and it happens a lot when I lay in one position too long. I feel like a rotisserie chicken that has to be flipped every half hour to hour. Fortunately she's only experiencing them now and they haven't been a constant thing. Unfortunately the end of pregnancy sucks and unless they are willing to induce her she'll probably have to endure them until its time to pop that kid out for real. You can always go in when they are at their peak so they can see what's going on at night. If she isn't already, try propping her up with some pillows when she's resting regardless of if she is on her back or her sides and increase water. The propping seemed to help alleviate some pain and have the contractions taper for a while so I could rest.

Twatty Seahag
Dec 30, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

Is it possible for a woman to get pregnant by sticking a just disposed condom up her vagina so she can get pregnant and trap her boyfriend into a long term relationship?

I know most condoms have spermicide, but is it enough? even for a huge rear end load?

DJ Tom Leykis recommended pouring tabasco in the condom to prevent this kind of situation, but I really don't feel like messing with hot sauce after sex.

I want to just flush the whole thing down the toilet, but i'm afraid it will screw up the plumbing.

Sever.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

ChocNitty posted:

Very e/n but you should decide whether it's because she has given you reason to suspect she would do something like that, or if you are just incredibly paranoid and don't trust her. Either way you should probably sort it out.

I would wrap the used condom in a load of toilet roll and flush it but depends as you say on the plumbing in your building. You could squirt some bleach into it?

Edit: or spermicidal lube - get a tube of it and squirt some in before you tie it up.

hookerbot 5000 fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jan 6, 2012

DjCoax
Mar 23, 2005

It is a good rule in life never to apologize. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them

Bodnoirbabe posted:

Braxton Hicks are random and don't follow a pattern. They certainly don't happen on an exact time. If she's having them every 10 minutes like clockwork, this may actually labor. However, if she's not dilated and her water hasn't broken, there's not much to do unless you want to induce. If the pains are worse at night, go to the emergency room at night where they can monitor it.

Seems really odd to me, but my guess is you are going to have a baby soon.

It's now 2.30PM here and she has been sleeping all day. Just talked to her on the phone and it's still going. Apparently someone told her to drink lots and lots of water. If that makes the contractions disappear , it's Braxton Hicks.

Bahunter22 posted:

I get this and it happens a lot when I lay in one position too long. I feel like a rotisserie chicken that has to be flipped every half hour to hour. Fortunately she's only experiencing them now and they haven't been a constant thing. Unfortunately the end of pregnancy sucks and unless they are willing to induce her she'll probably have to endure them until its time to pop that kid out for real. You can always go in when they are at their peak so they can see what's going on at night. If she isn't already, try propping her up with some pillows when she's resting regardless of if she is on her back or her sides and increase water. The propping seemed to help alleviate some pain and have the contractions taper for a while so I could rest.

They certainly won't induce her. While 37 weeks is technically full-term , they would like our baby girl to be a little stronger during delivery. Thanks for the tips though.

Seeing her in agony all the time is really difficult. Wish I could bear some of that pain for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twatty Seahag
Dec 30, 2007

DjCoax posted:

It's now 2.30PM here and she has been sleeping all day. Just talked to her on the phone and it's still going. Apparently someone told her to drink lots and lots of water. If that makes the contractions disappear , it's Braxton Hicks.

They certainly won't induce her. While 37 weeks is technically full-term , they would like our baby girl to be a little stronger during delivery. Thanks for the tips though.

Seeing her in agony all the time is really difficult. Wish I could bear some of that pain for her.

This happened to me as well, I ended up actually going into labor a few days later. Just do whatever you can to help her out and be understanding if she's frustrated and takes it out on you. It really does take a lot out of you. She should definitely try to stay hydrated. Usually BH will go away if you change positions, rest, etc.