Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fastbreak
Jul 4, 2002
Don't worry, I had ten bucks.
I really want nothing more on this card than Assuncao to win tonight, but I am surprised at how many people are picking him. Why is he favored so much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Fastbreak posted:

I really want nothing more on this card than Assuncao to win tonight, but I am surprised at how many people are picking him. Why is he favored so much?

It's Pearson's first fight at feather, and he's a british fighter fighting a good BJJ guy with good takedowns.

I think Pearson it a better fighter than he gets credit for and actually has a pretty good shot at winning but on paper it's not a great match for him.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
UK gambling degenerates: bodog's uk site seems pretty bad, are there more options when you actually have an account? Their international one lets you parlay prop bets, can you do that on the uk site?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I haven't got a bodog account, but from the looks of it what you see is what you get. The UK version is notoriously poo poo, I wouldn't recommend it.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Lionel RichTea posted:

I haven't got a bodog account, but from the looks of it what you see is what you get. The UK version is notoriously poo poo, I wouldn't recommend it.

is there somewhere you would recommend? i saw a plausible parlay that pays nearly 600 bucks for an outlay of 10 and i'm ready to abandon my principles

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Skybet, bet365, Paddy Power and William Hill are the main ones, it's much of a muchness really. This is useful for finding best odds http://www.oddschecker.com/other-sports/mma-ufc. To find best odds for a parlay click the little plus sign next to the bet you want and it'll add them all up in a separate window.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Tickle Me Chelmno posted:

is there somewhere you would recommend? i saw a plausible parlay that pays nearly 600 bucks for an outlay of 10 and i'm ready to abandon my principles

welcome, brother

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
We're through the looking glass here people

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Dont leave us hanging Duncan what is your parlay???

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Hettes and Cerrone by decision and Gustafsson by stoppage. Also I got a free bet so I put that on Volkmann.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I considered putting Kim and Fitch by decision in it as well, but upon reflection, I wouldn't want to sully the purity of willing them to decisions for no reward other than spiritual. Namaste.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Hettes and Cerrone by decision and Gustafsson by stoppage. Also I got a free bet so I put that on Volkmann.

I have Phan and Cerrone by decision (as well as Kim and Fitch by decision) and also I have Matyushenko to win... I may not agree with all of your bets Duncan but I will defend to the death your decision to make them

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
The new centsports site (freesportsbet) has MMA again y'all

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Are you Americans unable to go to online bookies, such as Betsson and Unibet, for some reason? How can that be prevented?

Quodio Stotes
Aug 8, 2010

by angerbot

DekeThornton posted:

Are you Americans unable to go to online bookies, such as Betsson and Unibet, for some reason? How can that be prevented?

Yea, its pretty drat ridiculous but we are the country of contradictions. My state (New Jersey) has a dry communities where no liquor can be bought or sold (though there are very few, around 6), and we also have towns where bars can serve alcohol 24hrs a day (again this is rare/odd). On top of that I cannot place bets on sports online in my state/country, but in a matter of months I will be able to drive an hour and place those same bets in person (Atlantic city passed the legalization of sports betting). Much of the country does not give a gently caress about gambling, same sex marriage, etc. but we share this land with people like the duggar family.

As of now, certain sites take bets from Americans via credit or debit cards, but the options are generally more limited for us. That being said there are a few reliable books. We have to jump through more hoops, and certain options of payment are not available (our congress made paypal stop letting us use them as a conduit to gamble online).

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
The only thing that can ruin my night now is Nate Diaz. Don't you dare you cotton mouthed little rat.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school

The only thing that can ruin my night now is Nate Diaz. Don't you dare you cotton mouthed little rat.

I've got a Hendricks-Cerrone-Overeem parlay still alive. I'd like to say that the toughest leg of it was Hendricks, but Diaz and Lesner scare me...

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009
I'm running a Volkman-Castillo-Hendricks-Cerrone parlay that's still alive. I've also slightly hedged the bet with a bet on Diaz since the odds are so wide on that fight.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I was going to run a Stun Gun/Phan/Gus/Fitch parlay and swapped Phan out for Volkmann realizing that might be a bad pick. I felt like such a genius when he lost and then all I had left was to wait for Jon Fitch to ride to victory.

Oh well there goes that five bucks.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Don't bet on MMA

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I hope you get hosed by one of those bulls, Donald

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009
I actually won money by overbetting on Diaz, but on the otherhand, Cerrone you're a loving stupid rear end in a top hat.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

God dammit why did the two guys I put the most money on lose so bad.

don't bet on MMA

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
so I lost on Brock, which is cool because I wanted Overeem to win.

but then I also lost on Fitch because I wanted Fitch to win and I seriously felt a pain in my heart when he got knocked out.

don't bet on MMA guys

though I somehow picked enough of the prelim rights to make my losses not too bad.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

The Diaz brothers made me a good chunk of money this year, had 40 on Nate tonight at +240 which was a retarded line. Also had 50 on Overeem, which in retrospect I wish I had gone heavier since I was pretty sure Brock stopped caring about being a fighter.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
i was ordered to spend a month on stormfront to improve my posting and it didn't even help my mma betting

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Big Bob Pataki posted:

Hey, does over/under betting work the complete opposite way to the way I assumed? Because

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich
bet on mma yall

platero
Sep 11, 2001

spooky, but polite, a-hole

Pillbug

Big Bob Pataki posted:

Sweet!

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

EdRush posted:

bet on mma yall

These things happen in MMA

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
The only reason I follow this thread is to check in post-fight to laugh. Thanks, guys.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Bucket Joneses posted:

The only reason I follow this thread is to check in post-fight to laugh. Thanks, guys.

someone needs to average the goon win/loss rate to see if we even break 50% on picks.

Then again, I guess all the insane parlays really messes that up since you can win $0 being right 2/3rds of the time.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Xguard86 posted:

someone needs to average the goon win/loss rate to see if we even break 50% on picks.

Then again, I guess all the insane parlays really messes that up since you can win $0 being right 2/3rds of the time.

It would also be hard because I'm sure most posters are like me and don't post every pick we make because we know winning isn't entertaining. I bet on Kim and Volkmann and Castillo and Gustafsson this last weekend but that isn't as funny as betting on Brock and Jon Fitch.

I'm not sure who I am betting on this week. Jordan Mein seems like a decent bet to throw a few dollars at. And I'll probably bet on Jardine just because it's the right thing to do.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Xguard86 posted:

All I learned from this experience is that Cowboy's a loving moron and I should hedge my bets next time I see a [in arnold voice] Cool Parlay.

And seriously, someone explain under/over to me. I thought I was betting on it going over 1.5 rounds, and it went 3, which to the best of my knowledge is more than 1.5. Why is the computer machine saying I'm wrong?

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

i hope you learned a valuable lesson

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

david carmichael posted:

i hope you learned a valuable lesson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMzUvy-jJps#t=5m45s

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

And seriously, someone explain under/over to me. I thought I was betting on it going over 1.5 rounds, and it went 3, which to the best of my knowledge is more than 1.5. Why is the computer machine saying I'm wrong?

You might want to file a complaint since that sounds like a winner. They also may have been sneaky and made it so you were betting on the fight ending in either the second half of round 2 or any time in round 3, instead of going to a decision if that was also an option of the prop bet. But that seems unlikely.

I never had problems betting over/under with fights and they worked exactly as you think they should.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
under 1.5 means that I win if some dude gets finished before the 2nd round is completed, right?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

My buddy is telling me to ignore the -340 odds; put as much as I can allow myself on Woodley because it's free money.

Somebody please talk me out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quodio Stotes
Aug 8, 2010

by angerbot
Am I reading this wrong? Bisping is a -200 favorite against maia? That does not seem right at all.