Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tritanomalicious
Mar 14, 2008

A dog, A barrel... RIDICULOUS!
I guess I can't expect anyone who watches rugby to understand the subtle nuances of football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is the best football player in the world.

Tritanomalicious
Mar 14, 2008

von Braun posted:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is the best footballer in the world.
Fixed that for you. :colbert:

Tritanomalicious has a new favorite as of 17:26 on Jan 7, 2012

XenophobicAirport
Dec 15, 2007

Please have your weapons prepared at the terminal.
It's disgusting how footballers are paid more than doctors/nurses and other medical staff. One just kicks a ball around while the other SAVES LIVES GUYS! C'MON!

XenophobicAirport has a new favorite as of 18:40 on Jan 7, 2012

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Oh come on, who wants to hear about a buncha faggots running around after a piece of leather on a grass field? Sport is irrelevant. Get a life people.

Tritanomalicious
Mar 14, 2008

There are those who like sports, then there are fatasses, women and gays.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Tritanomalicious posted:

I guess I can't expect anyone who watches rugby to understand the subtle nuances of football.

A bunch of millionaires running up and down a field for a bit, earning more millions as they do?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Take it to TRP guys. Those of you talking about REAL football anyway.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

JackGeneric posted:

So American football is basically rugby, but everyone has to wear a suit of armor and rest every thirty seconds? Yeah, okay, enjoy your sport there guys.

My imitation of a soccer match

*falls down clutching knee*
*no other human is within 10 yards of them*

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Why don't you neanderthals quit grunting about all of this sports bullshit and actually read a book or something? Seriously, every sport is just a bunch of stupid, sweaty cavemen tossing a ball around.

Fudge Handsome
Jan 29, 2011

Shall we do it?
Y'know I always figured sports in general but football especially was geared towards repressed homosexuals. All those big muscly men in those tight tight pants, grappling and groping each other? Come on.

Platinum Frog
May 14, 2009

Fudge Handsome posted:

Y'know I always figured sports in general but football especially was geared towards repressed homosexuals. All those big muscly men in those tight tight pants, grappling and groping each other? Come on.

You're absolutely right. There's even "fantasy" football for those who can't get enough man on man action. How much more blatant can you get?

Fudge Handsome
Jan 29, 2011

Shall we do it?

Platinum Frog posted:

You're absolutely right. There's even "fantasy" football for those who can't get enough man on man action. How much more blatant can you get?

Fantasy football is just as loving nerdy as Dungeons & Dragons. You've got a bunch of numbers that are utterly meaningless to anyone not participating in it and you look like just as huge a nerd.

ExoticCorpuscle
Oct 26, 2007
Baghdad was nice, but pussy and booze are nicer.

Fudge Handsome posted:

Fantasy football is just as loving nerdy as Dungeons & Dragons. You've got a bunch of numbers that are utterly meaningless to anyone not participating in it and you look like just as huge a nerd.

At least it's not Fantasy MMA. That poo poo is lame.

All Hat No Cattle
Apr 18, 2005

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.
Janeway was the best captain.

Tritanomalicious
Mar 14, 2008

All Hat No Cattle posted:

Who gives a gently caress about this nerdy bullshit? Spending your time watching a bunch of actors play dress-up and spew pseudo-science.
It's pathetic that people watch that crap instead of well-written, enlightening and exciting shows like Lazy Town.

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff
This thread is lame and I'm sorry I have to post in it just to let you all know. Instead of wasting your breath with football, you could do something nice and positively exchange thoughts and tips about hairy friendship.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
Listen, I'm just saying whoever does/does not like sports is dumb and ugly. But this is a stupid derail and we should let it end now that I've had the last word.

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

JackGeneric posted:

Listen, I'm just saying whoever does/does not like sports is dumb and ugly. But this is a stupid derail and we should let it end now that I've had the last word.

Not that I want to continue the derail but I must add that

Okay, now everybody can move on.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

All Hat No Cattle posted:

Star Trek is such a boring series anyway. Star Wars is so much more accessible and fun.

Liquid Criminal
Mar 5, 2007

You do whatever work comes your way

my pog boyfriend posted:

Star Trek is such a boring series anyway. Star Wars is so much more accessible and fun.

That's just because you don't understand the subtle social commentary and nuances (you're probably autistic). Figures your hillbilly brain would like brother/sister shipping in canon. Freak.

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff
canofworms.thread

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Firefly.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Neutral Milk Hotel sounds like a lot of ordinary indie bands.

I can't get into it at all.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

:zombie:hiiitsss:zombie:

Avocados posted:

They're a Christian band. That "I love you Jesus Christ" song, heard it, turned it right off. I don't go to church for a reason.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Peanut President posted:

Firefly.

Joss Whedon is the greatest writer in the history of film and television.

Z.S. Ghost
Jan 1, 2008

Odd Fire Wolf Gang

Avocados posted:

Neutral Milk Hotel is definitely no Wavves or Lana Del Rey, that's for sure.

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Wire is badly written and acted and all around rubbish. The Bill is my copper drama of choice.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

oddspelling posted:

Joss Whedon is the greatest writer in the history of film and television.

And not to mention writes very compelling and well thought out female characters that do not conform to patriarchal norms.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I take issue with whatever you just said and would like to extrapolate from that how you have a small penis size.

Axeman Jim
Nov 21, 2010

The Canadians replied that they would rather ride a moose.
Your opinion is not relevant because you are fat.

p.s. you are fat.

Fat Fat Fat.

Tritanomalicious
Mar 14, 2008

So, there's this great girl at my work. She's really attractive, nice and she likes the same music I like. The only problem is, I think she has a boyfriend. I was looking at her Facebook the other day after finding out her last and middle name from the guy in payroll, just admiring (nothing dirty, I'm a gentleman!). Anyway, I saw her with a guy in one of the pictures. They weren't kissing or touching or even acknowledging each other, but he looks much more attractive than me! What should I do?

e: Also, I've never spoken to her.

Mach5
Aug 1, 2004

Shatfaced!
In-N-Out Burger is VASTLY overrated.

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

RagnarokAngel posted:

And not to mention writes very compelling and well thought out female characters that do not conform to patriarchal norms.

buffy is the greatest show on television

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Mach5 posted:

In-N-Out Burger is VASTLY overrated.

Blasphemy! Does any other place give you paper hats if you ask?
In seriousness though, what places are better? I love In-N-Out but if there's a better burger joint out there i'd love to try it.

Content: I don't get how people can play all those Nintendo Mario/Sonic games without constantly feeling like they're 10. Although I don't have much room to say this as I still find Spongebob an amazing show after all these years.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Hey guys, what's better, LoL or DOTA2?

Fudge Handsome
Jan 29, 2011

Shall we do it?

my pog boyfriend posted:

Hey guys, what's better, LoL or DOTA2?

They're both poo poo. DOTA and all its spinoffs are terrible games for terrible people. It's just the same map over and over, how can people find that fun?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Tritanomalicious posted:

So, there's this great girl at my work. She's really attractive, nice and she likes the same music I like. The only problem is, I think she has a boyfriend. I was looking at her Facebook the other day after finding out her last and middle name from the guy in payroll, just admiring (nothing dirty, I'm a gentleman!). Anyway, I saw her with a guy in one of the pictures. They weren't kissing or touching or even acknowledging each other, but he looks much more attractive than me! What should I do?

e: Also, I've never spoken to her.

Tell me about it, I got this girl at work, she's kinda cute. I've tried being nice to her, I open doors for her, buy her lunch (which she accepted!) and house sat for her this one time, FOR FREE. And she STILL won't go out with me! Instead she has this jerk boyfriend "Tom". Why the gently caress do women always go for jerks and not nice guys like me?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I love looking at art blogs. There are so many good drawers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

RagnarokAngel posted:

Tell me about it, I got this girl at work, she's kinda cute. I've tried being nice to her, I open doors for her, buy her lunch (which she accepted!) and house sat for her this one time, FOR FREE. And she STILL won't go out with me! Instead she has this jerk boyfriend "Tom". Why the gently caress do women always go for jerks and not nice guys like me?

Because all women are vapid oval office-whores, or frigid manipulative harpies.

• Locked thread