Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

lordblytzkrieg posted:

Can anyone link something cheap ($20-30)I can buy from Wal-mart that will hold my new collection of 12 inch lps? I have maybe 6 right now (the number is growing day by day), but I intend on keeping them in the best quality possible.

For a collection that size, just buy a plastic milk crate for $4 and save up for an Expedit from Ikea ($69 and up). Wal-Mart's "furniture" is lovely lovely lovely, and while Ikea is still wood/glue composite and laminate stuff that won't stand the test of time, it's what everyone has and swears by and is affordable enough to not feel bad about banging the hell out of during a move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

CPL593H posted:

There's a pretty big difference between paying a few bucks to hang up an old Sgt. Pepper sleeve and pissing away hundreds or even thousands of dollars to have some kind of weird street cred status symbol. Plus there's something that just bothers me about people who hoard records with the explicit intention of never playing them.

There's nothing wrong with buying music, especially in this day and age, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I have a very special hatred for the folks who prefer to look at their records instead of listen to them. If you've ever had to re-send orders because the original record arrived in "unacceptable condition," (read: immaculate record; >1 inch fold in the corner of the original's jacket) you'd understand.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I get the desire to have those albums that you really care about in vinyl, even if you can't actually play it. My roommate my first semester of college had all of the main-line Beatles albums on vinyl up on his wall, no player in sight, it was still pretty cool, because he had Rubber Soul and Sgt. Peppers on vinyl.

That said, it's a billion times better to listen to them than to look at them. I wouldn't own the stuff I do if I didn't have the player.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

fozzie dunlop posted:

There's nothing wrong with buying music, especially in this day and age, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I have a very special hatred for the folks who prefer to look at their records instead of listen to them. If you've ever had to re-send orders because the original record arrived in "unacceptable condition," (read: immaculate record; >1 inch fold in the corner of the original's jacket) you'd understand.

The only time I've had a record resent due to "unnacceptable condition" (apart from a couple of random warped ones) was the new St. Vincent album. Not only was it warped, it had a two inch crack in the vinyl. If a record has a slightly bent corner, or a minor seam split, I don't give a poo poo.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

fozzie dunlop posted:

If you listed the fold you wouldn't have the problem. Immaculate (mint) means immaculate, not "one inch fold in cover." I have a very special hatred for people who don't describe any problems. The Infest/Pissed Happy Children split flexy I bought a long time ago had a loving CREASE in it that they neglected to mention. A crease in the RECORD. Problems include anything that would make it a smidge less than factory perfect.

There's an amazing record shop in Evanston, IL that I love going to because not only do they have bins full of records I've never seen in the flesh before, but they only buy seriously immaculate stock. IMMACULATE. I feel guilty even going through all the crates, like I'm diminishing the condition even looking at it. I hate to buy anything there because there's two premiums- one for being obviously obscure hard to find releases, the other for being pristine M/NM although they don't even claim they're mint.

I have a copy of Hawkwind's "In Search of Space" that's display only because I bought it for 2$ due to it being totally hosed. The record looks like someone hosed it with a knife and then poured candles all over it. The die cut foldout though is in pretty remarkable condition. I have a play copy of it too, complete in much nicer condition.

I definitely dispute anything I'm paying money for that's misrepresented. I don't mind owning slightly beat VG stuff as long as play isn't interrupted or distracting noise, provided I know the condition before buying. I check used vinyl at the stores I buy from because they encourage it, it discourages people flipping out when they get home and think a VG+ is actually a G.

Not an Anthem fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 9, 2012

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

Not an Anthem posted:

If you listed the fold you wouldn't have the problem. Immaculate (mint) means immaculate, not "one inch fold in cover." I have a very special hatred for people who don't describe any problems. The Infest/Pissed Happy Children split flexy I bought a long time ago had a loving CREASE in it that they neglected to mention. A crease in the RECORD. Problems include anything that would make it a smidge less than factory perfect.

Minor damages to the packaging are going to happen more often than not during the course of shipping, no matter how hard we prepare for it in the packing phase, and it's pretty foolish to expect every album sent via mail to be absolutely factory perfect after it makes the long journey to your door. I've had plenty of experiences with Gs listed as VG+s on eBay and Discogs, and that poo poo really sucks. We've also sent out several records that were flawed in the printing process, (Richard Hell - Destiny Street was hella warped and A Place To Bury Strangers - Exploding Head came with locked grooves all over the place) and once we figured out what went on we immediately refunded or remailed everyone's order, because hosed-up records that should be mint are an enormous disappointment. But although the packaging might be inconsequentially flawed, the record itself is often flawless. And if you care that much about preserving the immaculateness of the record jacket or inner sleeve, go buy your records at a brick and mortar to avoid the inevitable tossing and turning that's due to happen if you get it shipped.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

dflanny posted:

The only time I've had a record resent due to "unnacceptable condition" (apart from a couple of random warped ones) was the new St. Vincent album. Not only was it warped, it had a two inch crack in the vinyl. If a record has a slightly bent corner, or a minor seam split, I don't give a poo poo.

My St. Vincent record had some pretty bad warping too. I'm not sure if it was a bad press or what, but it looks like it got too hot even though it's been 50F or less where I live.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There is no reason to expect record sleeves (or records) to suffer any sort of damage during shipping if they are properly packed (barring severe mishandling which would be evident on the outside of the packaging). There are sellers who can be bothered to do this and there are sellers who can't.

reichsten
Jan 13, 2010

Fors Yard posted:

I got Beck's "The Information" Deluxe from Artist in Residence, and I was quite surprised that considering how long it's been out, mine is 0175/1000. Editioned releases like this usually give lower numbers first, right? The price did go from $275, then $175, and now currently $95 (+30 shipping). Are not many people buying it? It's now in the Beck store for more than twice the price on Artist in Residence.

Really nice set. About the width of about 15 regular LP sleeves... Only problem is the part on the front that you wrap the string around; I don't want that messing up my Sea Change.

Are the 12-inches pressed at 33 or 45? Please let me know if it's 45!!

WASDF posted:

Mirrored is a bit weirder and not as fun, I think. It's a whole lot experimental, but I think over all, it's not as good as Gloss Drop.
Bizarre, I thought Gloss Drop was super boring, while Mirrored still gets regular plays years later.

Walrus Ship Down
Apr 21, 2010
Is there a specific place you guys go to look to find out how many pressings were done of a certain album, or other general information on vinyl output?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Walrus Ship Down posted:

Is there a specific place you guys go to look to find out how many pressings were done of a certain album, or other general information on vinyl output?

Discogs should have that info

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
I just got my War on Drugs record and it's great, but the records are 12" but pressed at 45 rpm. This might be an elementary question, but what's the advantage of that? From what I know, 180-gram works for the detail due to deeper grooves with more info in them, but what's the benefit for a faster RPM?

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded

Floodixor posted:

From what I know, 180-gram works for the detail due to deeper grooves with more info in them...

180g records don't have deeper grooves. Same stampers as 120g/etc, same mother process, just different biscuits.

e: Sorry, to answer your actual question: pressing @45 on 12" allows for a wider dynamic range and a higher volume. Effectively better reproduction, depending on the mastering.

JehovahsWetness fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 9, 2012

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

fozzie dunlop posted:

And here's my obligatory Insound pimping. We got some pretty affordable Tool (except for that Lateralus pic disc), and some Florence as well:
http://www.insound.com/search/?query=tool
http://www.insound.com/search/?query=florence+machine

Oh and our 2011 staff picks are 11% off for the next few days.

Man I know this is :goonsay: as gently caress but I wish y'all shipped your products faster :( I placed 2 orders around noon on Friday and they haven't even shipped yet. If I could've found them on Amazon they would be here tomorrow, free shipping.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

alg posted:

Man I know this is :goonsay: as gently caress but I wish y'all shipped your products faster :( I placed 2 orders around noon on Friday and they haven't even shipped yet. If I could've found them on Amazon they would be here tomorrow, free shipping.
Are you really comparing another site's shipping service to Amazon Prime, which costs $80 per year? 2 business days to ship something out isn't exactly unreasonable.

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

alg posted:

It could be backordered, I've been waiting on the reissue of the first Jesu album for two months. :( Sometimes we forget to send out the shipping notice when processing orders, but you should definitely contact customer service if you haven't heard anything in two weeks.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

They shipped out like, an hour after I bitched. At least it's faster than most labels will ship.

wa27 posted:

Are you really comparing another site's shipping service to Amazon Prime, which costs $80 per year? 2 business days to ship something out isn't exactly unreasonable.

I admitted it was :goonsay:, I'm spoiled by my $16 a year free same day shipping.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I know we've got a few Third Man Vault members here. Did anyone get the new package yet? My Raconteurs live disc sounds kind of craptacular. The first few tracks have a distracting static sound and the rest of it isn't so hot either. Overall the disc sounds a bit compressed and there's occasional high end distortion. It's a shame because I really enjoyed the renditions of the songs they did. Have any of you experienced this? And if by chance I got a bad pressing have any of you ever got replacements on defective Vault records? Supposedly they don't make any more than are ordered each quarter.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

alg posted:

Even Amazon gives their marketplace sellers two business days to get orders out the door. Chill. Most companies don't have the warehouses, infrastructure and manpower that Amazon is able to afford.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I like ordering from Insound because I know that fozzie will package it with love and care. :3: And this Friday I'll be getting Theophilus London, Broken Social Scene, and Parenthetical Girls from them. Amazon doesn't even have two of those and the other is much more expensive.

My girlfriend got me Belle & Sebastian's The Life Pursuit for Christmas from you guys, and it was a wonderful gift.

Speaking of things, I just bought Battles' Gloss Drop and Iron & Wine's The Creek Drank the Cradle. Both sound very good, and I only spent $3 to get them new! (We got $25 store credit as a small Christmas bonus this year and I finally used it.)

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

JohnnyMondo posted:

Are the 12-inches pressed at 33 or 45? Please let me know if it's 45!!

Unfortunately, all of them are at 33. Surprising since it's only about an hour long, over the four sides.

One thing they didn't skimp on were the dust sleeves/liners. Those things are made out of some kind of white plastic/vinyl material, with a felt material lining the inside. Makes them a little difficult to take out of the liner (especially the 10")

e: whoa! proofreading

Fors Yard fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jan 10, 2012

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
These two came in today:

Starfucker - Jupiter, an expanded re-issue of their EP, on OXBLOOD RED :black101: and limited to a whopping 90 copies. Great music.

And, can't believe I bought it, this thing:

In my defense, it's worth it just for this song.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
For RSD Black Friday, when I drove up to what seems to be my state's only good record store, I found that the owner had decided to stick a bunch of surplus/unwanted stock (i.e., vinyl, cassettes, CDs, and promo posters) outside, free to visiting customers. I came away with a bunch of 45s by Bill Black's Combo, The Platters, and Johnny & The Hurricanes, as well as the box set I'd called and requested for RSD, which he'd been kind enough to keep behind the counter until I showed up. After some of the RSD horror stories in this thread, I'm impressed.
Some of my happy pick-ups in the past three months...

12"s:
16-17 - Human Distortion
Afrika Bambaataa - Death Mix
G.L.O.B.E. & Whiz Kid - Play That Beat Mr. D.J.
Invisibl Skratch Piklz - Invisibl Skratch Piklz Vs. Da Klamz Uv Deth - Furious Ostrich Tracks
Momus - "Nicky"
Momus - The Hairstyle Of The Devil
Stunt Rock - Really Political, Well Produced Super Emotional Maximum Terror Breaks L.P.

7"s:
CoH - Yellow (feat. Little Annie)
Halo Of Flies - Big Mod Hate Trip
Herman Kelly & Life - Dance To The Drummer Beat
Jane's Addiction - Whole Lotta Love / Slow Diver
Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero (Thunderdome)
The Tremeloes - Silence Is Golden

LPs:
Carnivore - s/t (2LP reissue)
Carnivore - Nuclear Warriors - The Early Years (marbled grey vinyl)
DJ Food & DK - Solid Steel Presents
Elmer Bernstein - The Music From Marlboro Country
Grandmaster Melle Mel & The Furious Five - s/t
Jay Chattaway - Maniac OST (x/500)
Madlib - Madlib Medicine Show No. 5 - History Of The Loop Digga, 1990-2000
Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar (2LP picture disc)
My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Sexplosion!
The Stalin - Stop Jap (unofficial repress, but it's nice just to have a copy)
Sun Ra And His Astro Infinity Arkestra - My Brother The Wind, Vol. II
Sun Ra And His Myth Science Arkestra - Cosmic Tones For Mental Therapy
Throbbing Gristle - 20 Jazz Funk Greats (remastered reissue, x/1000)
Trouble Funk - Straight Up Funk Go Go Style
Type O Negative - None More Negative (Roadrunner Records discography box set, 2 copies, one of which was a surprising, awesome present)

And bad record shipping can't get much worse than an LP shipped from Brazil... in brown paper wrapping, with no cardboard inserts or bubble wrap.
:negative:

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 10, 2012

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
So I've got a record player that's on it's way out and I've got no way of repairing it and need an upgrade anyway. Even after reading Amazon's reviews I figured you guys would be the one's to ask this question, I've been looking at the Audio Technica AT-LP60 and the Audio Technica ATLP120 and while I'm sure the second is probably better is it worth the price difference? I guess I'd prefer the ATLP120 just based off of the reviews I've read for both, but if the LP60 isn't bad and people here have good things to say about it I'd be open to saving the cash.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Action Serious posted:

I've been looking at the Audio Technica AT-LP60 and the Audio Technica ATLP120 and while I'm sure the second is probably better is it worth the price difference?

Yes.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Action Serious posted:

So I've got a record player that's on it's way out and I've got no way of repairing it and need an upgrade anyway. Even after reading Amazon's reviews I figured you guys would be the one's to ask this question, I've been looking at the Audio Technica AT-LP60 and the Audio Technica ATLP120 and while I'm sure the second is probably better is it worth the price difference? I guess I'd prefer the ATLP120 just based off of the reviews I've read for both, but if the LP60 isn't bad and people here have good things to say about it I'd be open to saving the cash.
The LP60 has an unswappable cartridge and factory-set anti skate/tracking pressure, so if yours comes with one of those values set improperly (like mine did) or you want to upgrade, you're poo poo out of luck. The LP120 is probably your best bet in that price range, but shop around a bit first. I manged to pick up a Technics SL-1800, which is the same as the SL-1200 with the controls in different places, for 150 including shipping. Ebay can be a great source of bargains sometimes.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

Stuntman posted:

The LP60 has an unswappable cartridge and factory-set anti skate/tracking pressure, so if yours comes with one of those values set improperly (like mine did) or you want to upgrade, you're poo poo out of luck. The LP120 is probably your best bet in that price range, but shop around a bit first. I manged to pick up a Technics SL-1800, which is the same as the SL-1200 with the controls in different places, for 150 including shipping. Ebay can be a great source of bargains sometimes.

Yeah but I've got a couple of Amazon gift cards that are helping the upgrade happen, so I'm pretty much limited to their selection. I should also look into nicer speakers too but one thing at a time. The LP120 sounds like the way to go though here for sure.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Dissapointed Owl posted:

These two came in today:

Starfucker - Jupiter, an expanded re-issue of their EP, on OXBLOOD RED :black101: and limited to a whopping 90 copies. Great music.

And, can't believe I bought it, this thing:

In my defense, it's worth it just for this song.

I'm kind of interested in both, but more torn on the Halo Soundtrack. I know the music was great, but I've never thought that it was something incredible. Maybe the fact that I thought moments in Halo CE were awesome is a testament to the soundtracks power cause I don't really remember too many songs from it.

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:
Portland nerds will recognize the places, the rest of you will recognize the feelings (its not really funny, but some of it made me laugh out loud)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7jJHSS2UZs

Lately I've just been getting packs of hip hop 12"s on eBay with mixed luck, but the one I just got had the promo instrumental version of ATLiens which is pretty sweet. Also the lady got me Bauhaus' Burning From the Inside for Christmas!

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I never want to be like that. Never.

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

Action Serious posted:

Definitely go for the 120 if you're choosing between the two, but don't be afraid to look at other options. I've got a Gli-Pro SL2100 that works great and is in the same general price range, and I can't recommend it enough.

The Doo Do Chasers posted:

Portland nerds will recognize the places, the rest of you will recognize the feelings (its not really funny, but some of it made me laugh out loud)

Oh god add this to the OP

MokBa posted:

I like ordering from Insound because I know that fozzie will package it with love and care. :3: And this Friday I'll be getting Theophilus London, Broken Social Scene, and Parenthetical Girls from them. Amazon doesn't even have two of those and the other is much more expensive.

:hfive:

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

Action Serious posted:

I have both models. When I got the AT-LP60, the table wasn't calibrated and rotated slightly faster than normal. I fixed it just fine, but the features in it aren't very great if you're looking to really get a ton of use out of your turntable and have a degree of flexibility with it. My AT-LP120 essentially mirrors technics and is my default player. Easily worth the extra money.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

fozzie dunlop posted:

Minor damages to the packaging are going to happen more often than not during the course of shipping, no matter how hard we prepare for it in the packing phase, and it's pretty foolish to expect every album sent via mail to be absolutely factory perfect after it makes the long journey to your door. I've had plenty of experiences with Gs listed as VG+s on eBay and Discogs, and that poo poo really sucks. We've also sent out several records that were flawed in the printing process, (Richard Hell - Destiny Street was hella warped and A Place To Bury Strangers - Exploding Head came with locked grooves all over the place) and once we figured out what went on we immediately refunded or remailed everyone's order, because hosed-up records that should be mint are an enormous disappointment. But although the packaging might be inconsequentially flawed, the record itself is often flawless. And if you care that much about preserving the immaculateness of the record jacket or inner sleeve, go buy your records at a brick and mortar to avoid the inevitable tossing and turning that's due to happen if you get it shipped.

I forget you're the guy always advertising insound but I figured you were an ebay seller or the like from the description of the problem. Selling new product with creases is pretty low. I mean, yeah, I've had all sorts of damage in shipping, but it is always the fault of the packaging job. Unfortunately its usually always friends sending me an album they did as a surprise gift and therefore they don't care about shipping it right and there is a huge fold in a corner. I haven't ordered from insound but I imagine you use new mailers and packaging supplies, so why a crease, and more importantly why would you complain about a customer who doesn't like receiving damaged goods.

The crease is inconsequential and doesn't hurt playback but its like buying a new car with some paint blemishes. That sucks.

Lately I've just been getting packs of hip hop 12"s on eBay with mixed luck, but the one I just got had the promo instrumental version of ATLiens which is pretty sweet. Also the lady got me Bauhaus' Burning From the Inside for Christmas!

Haha seriously, that's great.. what a loving jerk. I should get some nerds together for a midwest version of this, minneapolis or cleveland style. I love the "oh man so and so's on junk.. gently caress what is his number!" because I've seen that once and almost did it myself another time.. sigh.

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:

Not an Anthem posted:

Haha seriously, that's great.. what a loving jerk. I should get some nerds together for a midwest version of this, minneapolis or cleveland style. I love the "oh man so and so's on junk.. gently caress what is his number!" because I've seen that once and almost did it myself another time.. sigh.

The blonde haired dude who tells him that has the best post-punk and industrial selection, I envy him sooo much.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
'And lo, the arguing ceased, for Electric Bugaloo had descended from the mountain to share in his most recent acquisitions. And the angry goons gazed upon the light. And their shrill hoots were placated as they beheld his post and the beauty it contained....

The National
I picked up the clear "Think You Can Wait"/"Exile Vilify" 7" when I saw them live (for the second time :neckbeard:) at the Beacon in December. The yellow "Boxer" and electric green "Alligator" were from 4AD's year-end sale. I think they're still available there though "in limited quantities."

New Old Stuff

Christmas Cheer
Redscroll Records in Wallingford, CT has a special where you get to pick out a free holiday LP from a crate if you spend more than $20. The dude was like, "take three or four" and then my friend gave me his haul. Those won't ever get listened to at Christmas. I'mma play 'em at my next party.

Atlas Sound
To qualify for those free Christmas records.

Hmmmm?
II passed by Merle's in Orange, CT this afternoon and browsed around. Aside from learning that they'd gotten and quickly sold a big stash of Smiths stuff over the holidays (:rage:) and that their one token copy of "Sandinista" was missing a disc (one away from having all of the major Clash records), I found this.

I already had one (pictured up top) and the signature's dollars-to-donuts a fake, but for 6 bucks I think it's worth having for curiosity's sake. The record's in better shape than my other copy anyway.

Zoom in and Enhance!
It says: "To my one + only fan Erik Bubel. Keep rapping brother!!- Beastie Boys." Dated to December 1986, in what looks like possibly different handwriting (the 'e's and 'r's are noticeably different in person)- still think it's probably fake.

I've picked up a bunch more stuff over the last few months. Lots of Radiohead (of course), some old movie soundtracks, current releases, etc.

EDIT: I swear I rotated those pictures in Imgur. I did it several times, in fact. Sorry if half are sideways.

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Jan 11, 2012

JBRONSON
Dec 25, 2011
my gf just came back from the states with a whole swag of goodies. :)

Thou - Baton Rouge..
Converge/Dropdead - split
Air - Moon Safari
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
J.Bannon - The Blood of Thine..
Omar Rodriguez Lopez - Solar Gambling
Ampere - Like Shadows
Madlib - Beat Konducta Vol.1
Madlib - Beat Konducta Vol.5
Cat Power - You Are Free
Chealsea Wolfe - Apoclyptica
Some Girls - Heavens Pregnant Teens
Brian Eno - Ambient 1
TTMOE - Shallow Graves
Omar Rodriguez Lopez - No Bufalo
Magrudergrind - st
Burzum - Aske

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

WASDF posted:

I'm kind of interested in both, but more torn on the Halo Soundtrack. I know the music was great, but I've never thought that it was something incredible. Maybe the fact that I thought moments in Halo CE were awesome is a testament to the soundtracks power cause I don't really remember too many songs from it.

Yeah, I thought I'd recognize one or two songs but when I put it on a whole lot of it was instantly familiar. Halo CE had a killer soundtrack. These re-done songs are really good, although not necessarily better than the originals.

Admittedly, I really have it mostly for novelty's sake.

"Black vinyl?!" :flame:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Jeff the B rarities vinyl up now if there are any left:

http://infinitycat.com/wordpress/products-page/vinyl-categories/jeff-the-brotherhood-brotherhood-of-light-pre-sale

100 pressed on coke bottle green

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

alg posted:

Jeff the B rarities vinyl up now if there are any left:

http://infinitycat.com/wordpress/products-page/vinyl-categories/jeff-the-brotherhood-brotherhood-of-light-pre-sale

100 pressed on coke bottle green

Aww, it was gone in a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Aww, it was gone in a second.

Yeah, their site crashed initially. Took them about 40 mins to get it back up, then I went in and got mine pretty easily. Sorry you missed it :(

edit: http://infinitycat.com/wordpress/archives/1336 looks like they will have black ones up next week.

alg fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 11, 2012