Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

Also James Fox just shared this tune, what a smasher:

fantastic man - look this way
http://youtu.be/ZXSxtELAhKs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
It's a little old I know, but it's been awhile since I last checked the thread (last read was in October!) I'll try to be a better goon in the future about keeping up.

So yeah. Dec 4 2011 mix http://twobeans.blogspot.com/2011/12/two-beans-04-dec-11-lifted.html

Tracklisting:

01. Kosmonot - Alone | Ghostface Killah w/ Raekwon, U-God, Papa Wu - Black Jesus (intro)
02. Kahn - Tehran
03. Commodo - Saracen
04. Planas - Roots Music
05. sMILOdon - Play The Roots
06. Radikal Guru - King Kong
07. Two Beans vs The Evolution Control Committee - The loving Moon
08. Filth Collins & Pop The Hatch - Let Me Go (2B.rmx)
09. Two Beans - Agent of Chaos
10. ASAP Rocky - Bass (2B.rmx)
11. Tunnidge - Ghost Dance
12. Megalodon - High Rollin
13. Cutkachi - Out Space
14. Goth-Trad - Sublimation
15. Kosmonot - No Good
16. DJ Madd - Detroit Skank
17. DZ - Chalice Dub
18. DJ Madd - Rizla Dub
19. V.i.v.e.k - Feel It
20. DJ Madd - Dub Marine (Kryptic Minds Remix)
21. Ghostface Killah w/ Raekwon, U-God, Papa Wu - Black Jesus

Mad Props to our own Kosmonot for hooking me up with his tunes. Also, in the mix, I'm not trying to scratch. I'm pretending to know how to scratch. There's a difference.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

Maguro posted:

Tho Untold's set last night was even better.

unnnnnnffggghhhhhhhhh, I'm jealous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjqDj7Os3FA

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Night #2 of the small monthly party I'm doing with a friend in DC. First night was fun, started out with Night Slug type house, then synth heavy dubstep, ended up playing about two hours of dnb, and then it got in to some footwork at the end. Thanks to Maguro and a milk crime for tunes.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

SUBFRIES posted:

Night #2 of the small monthly party I'm doing with a friend in DC. First night was fun, started out with Night Slug type house, then synth heavy dubstep, ended up playing about two hours of dnb, and then it got in to some footwork at the end. Thanks to Maguro and a milk crime for tunes.

Ah nice one man. Did you say the venue was new as well? Or was it just your night? I remember you talking about a couple places in Washington before but I don't remember you talking about this Backbar? But I might not have been paying attention after seeing the picture you posted of the pizza place that sold those huge slices. That place looked good.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Ah nice one man. Did you say the venue was new as well? Or was it just your night? I remember you talking about a couple places in Washington before but I don't remember you talking about this Backbar? But I might not have been paying attention after seeing the picture you posted of the pizza place that sold those huge slices. That place looked good.

Every time Klute plays DC, he wants to go to that pizza place.

Backbar is the basement bar of the 930 Club (https://www.930.com), which is DC's main concert venue, and often voted as one of the best venues for live shows / bands in the states. The space is small, about 50 person capacity, kind of a dark dungeon feeling, but it's exactly the kind of space I've wanted to work in for a while. Years ago it was the parents' reading room, so kids could go to shows and parents could hide out from the noise, but they converted it to a bar.

A little over a month ago 930 and U Street Music Hall announced a booking alliance, where 930 does some smaller electronic acts at U Hall (upcoming Buraka Som Sistema show), and U Hall does the Friday & Saturday night bookings for Backbar. U Hall rebuilt the DJ booth at Backbar as well, and they're taking feedback for other changes. Before the alliance there were some DJ nights there, but not many.

Also the guy I'm doing this night with is a straight edger, who fronts a hardcore band, but loves Butterz, old grime and other bassy stuff. And I can't drink for the whole month, so we're giving away all our drink tickets this night.

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

SUBFRIES posted:

Backbar is the basement bar of the 930 Club (https://www.930.com), which is DC's main concert venue, and often voted as one of the best venues for live shows / bands in the states. The space is small, about 50 person capacity, kind of a dark dungeon feeling, but it's exactly the kind of space I've wanted to work in for a while. Years ago it was the parents' reading room, so kids could go to shows and parents could hide out from the noise, but they converted it to a bar.

Sounds like a wicked space. Tiny little clubs have got so much character. I remember I used to go to a club in Bristol called Tube, which had the shittest layout ever, but seeing people like Martyn and Spectrasoul on a ~50 person packed sweaty little box of a dancefloor was loving great.

Edit: man, looking back on their listings I got to see some incredible acts there when I was 17/18. Scuba, Sigha, Shackleton, Untold, Pangaea, Hyetal, Morgan Zarate, Guido...this was all when I was bang into d&b and didn't know who any of these people were and all I knew was that I liked it and danced to it with my mates. Haha. Probably why I got into bass music so quickly when I actually started paying attention, it was all in the back of my mind already.

Anae fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jan 3, 2012

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Anae posted:

Sounds like a wicked space. Tiny little clubs have got so much character. I remember I used to go to a club in Bristol called Tube, which had the shittest layout ever, but seeing people like Martyn and Spectrasoul on a ~50 person packed sweaty little box of a dancefloor was loving great.

The irony for me is that Martyn lives in the DC area now, but he rarely plays shows here. I would love to see someone like him in this space, just haven't worked up the courage to start contacting high calibre people about playing.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

SUBFRIES posted:

The irony for me is that Martyn lives in the DC area now, but he rarely plays shows here. I would love to see someone like him in this space, just haven't worked up the courage to start contacting high calibre people about playing.

Ach go on man, he'd probably love it. Bit of quick cash and he doesn't even need to get on a plane. Bus maybe, but no plane.

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:
Grime alert, Lord of the Mics III came out last month. Honestly I haven't been following a lot of these new generation MC's, but on a quick listen the production is on point and there's some newish Footsie/Jammer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkYOee6BzLc) which is good enough for me.

Also, this new Footsie - 1 Spliff is a cool thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XusrivmRv_0 I think Footsie has evolved into the better half of the NG these days.

GET MONEY fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 4, 2012

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

GET MONEY posted:

Grime alert, Lord of the Mics III came out last month. Honestly I haven't been following a lot of these new generation MC's, but on a quick listen the production is on point and there's some newish Footsie/Jammer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkYOee6BzLc) which is good enough for me.

I forgot that was out actually. I should've remembered especially since I've been digging through the first two and the Risky Roadz DVDs for a secret project. And by secret I mean not secret. And by project I mean next part.

That's what I miss about grime nowadays, not enough DVDs.

Symptomless Coma
Mar 30, 2007
for shock value

GET MONEY posted:

Also, this new Footsie - 1 Spliff is a cool thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XusrivmRv_0 I think Footsie has evolved into the better half of the NG these days.

Love this. Footsie's always been the guy for me. Also reminds me of the last take on this sample - Zomby, with Rustie in his preview mode of production.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE9fEIOvp94

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
When is there going to be an unmixed version of Tropical 2 out?

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Mike_V posted:

When is there going to be an unmixed version of Tropical 2 out?

I'd settle for a real CD release instead of just iTunes, to motivate me to actually buy the drat thing. Too late now anyway, like the first one you really can't play it in the winter.

Decline
Apr 20, 2001

steal your face

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

I'd settle for a real CD release instead of just iTunes, to motivate me to actually buy the drat thing. Too late now anyway, like the first one you really can't play it in the winter.

My guess: Tropical 2 will be Earth616's next release after Preditah - Circles. Logan Sama hasn't commented on the T2 release much lately but in the past he's said the unmixed version is going to be three separate EPs and that it would be out this winter (p sure he mentioned this in a blog entry back in October).

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

New Pinch single for Swamp81 is pretty good, don't know if I like it or Croydon House more.

There's also another single from Graphics that's pretty good. Not quite "Beats", not quite House. Dam Mantle remix isn't bad either. Out on digital formats now, no youtubes unfortunately.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

thepopstalinist posted:

New Pinch single for Swamp81 is pretty good, don't know if I like it or Croydon House more.

There's also another single from Graphics that's pretty good. Not quite "Beats", not quite House. Dam Mantle remix isn't bad either. Out on digital formats now, no youtubes unfortunately.

Well at least Loefah's lack of releases in being made up for with what he's pushing out on Swamp81. What's that 8-9 releases this past year? Not to shabby. The man's keeping busy.

Subtle
Apr 19, 2008
New butterz zip is out, and its huge..900mb of tunes on there, good to see they are carrying on like they did in 2011.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RPY1CQM9

Decline
Apr 20, 2001

steal your face
Butterz posted their next 3 releases on FB:

BR009 - Swindle & Silkie - Unlimited / Swindle - Pineapple
BR010 - Terror Danjah & Ruby Lee Ryder - Let Me Be The One
BR011 - Champion - ?????? / ??????

I guess the Terror Danjah/Ruby Lee Ryder tune made it's Rinse debut on Julie's drivetime show a few days ago, supposed to be quite good.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Decline posted:

Butterz posted their next 3 releases on FB:

BR009 - Swindle & Silkie - Unlimited / Swindle - Pineapple
BR010 - Terror Danjah & Ruby Lee Ryder - Let Me Be The One
BR011 - Champion - ?????? / ??????

I guess the Terror Danjah/Ruby Lee Ryder tune made it's Rinse debut on Julie's drivetime show a few days ago, supposed to be quite good.

Looking forward to that Champion single. ?????? is a belter! Nah in truth I look forward to any Champion single so I don't care what it ends up being. And I was gonna say wasn't Pineapple already released, then I remember it's on their Rinse mix.

Haven't heard that new Terror Danjah one either, but I loved Full Attention so if it's similar thumbs up from me. Here's hoping Butterz has another year as good as last, it's already looking promising.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

Mmmmmmmn can't wait for the new Champion release. Thanks for the heads up.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium
So new James Blake out on vinyl on R&S soon, predictably already reviewed by Pitchfork(for a 7.9 for those wondering, how's that different from an 8 you say? Not a clue). I guess the digital download has been out for a while or something? He's not exactly someone I keep pulse on, so oh well. Love What Happened Here still sounds pretty shite to me, but I like the Housey flavoured At Birth. Kind of a Dub Techno kinda vain I think, with that kinda groove the goods ones have. And I'm in two minds with the final track. Some bits sound good, some bad, a bit too much on the pretentious side all round maybe but hey, whatever.

And I still say we should give his lawyer a pat on the back for getting Polydor to agree to a non-exclusive contract so he can put other stuff out on R&S etc. Wouldn't be the first artist stuck on a major and not be able to actually get singles out in a timely and relevant fashion. I know MJ Cole had that problem with Talkin' Loud/Mercury.

Decline
Apr 20, 2001

steal your face

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

And I still say we should give his lawyer a pat on the back for getting Polydor to agree to a non-exclusive contract so he can put other stuff out on R&S etc. Wouldn't be the first artist stuck on a major and not be able to actually get singles out in a timely and relevant fashion. I know MJ Cole had that problem with Talkin' Loud/Mercury.

That's a great point - Rude Kid has signed an album deal with Sony and Royal-T is more or less confirmed (lots of confirmation but no word on the label) as well. Would hate to see either of them get bound up in label BS.

Royal-T posted this fantastic mix a few days ago, it's a collection of a lot of his 2011 tracks (plenty of unreleased stuff) http://soundcloud.com/royaltmusic/royal-t-2011-yearbook-mix

Also, was reading some of Champion's tweets and it looks like some of his new grime stuff was played on January 2nd's Butterz show.

Also the next two Formula releases will be Princess Nyah - Crazy (FMR003) and Notion (FMR004).

Really hoping the Princess Nyah release includes this absolutely bonkers remix: http://soundcloud.com/princessnyah/crazy-princess-nyah-prod

Last but not least, the Butterz winter zip has lots of great stuff. If their upcoming release schedule is any indication, 2012 could be huge for them (and they had quite a 2011). All you jerks lucky enough to be in London should make it a point to attend this: https://www.facebook.com/events/342161439129749/

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

SUBFRIES posted:

I'm thinking about going to this if I don't go home to Richmond tomorrow. Is there a cover, also does it open at eleven or you guys just start at eleven? I've been to 9:30 a million times but never Backbar funny enough.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

untzthatshit posted:

I'm thinking about going to this if I don't go home to Richmond tomorrow. Is there a cover, also does it open at eleven or you guys just start at eleven? I've been to 9:30 a million times but never Backbar funny enough.

$5 cover, 21+ to get in (sadly, I would do 18+ if the bar allowed it), 930 Club has a show that starts at 9PM and the Backbar will be open then I think, but we don't start our night off until 11PM. Also, Backbar is tiny compared to the rest of the venue, so you might be a bit surprised. If you make it through, be sure to say hello!

Ola Ugh
May 19, 2005

Sjåre brymæ
The Butterz poo poo is so good.

This is something else:

Craxxxmurf - Up 3Dayz Adderall & Redbull (Drippin' Remix)
http://soundcloud.com/drippin/craxxxmurf-up-3dayz-adderall

dk2m
May 6, 2009
Really loving this one, influences are all over the place but it's a solid track. It's a shame this guy is not signed or anything, this is some quality stuff, already a huge fan

http://soundcloud.com/elie-nasr/inhale-1

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

SUBFRIES posted:

$5 cover, 21+ to get in (sadly, I would do 18+ if the bar allowed it), 930 Club has a show that starts at 9PM and the Backbar will be open then I think, but we don't start our night off until 11PM. Also, Backbar is tiny compared to the rest of the venue, so you might be a bit surprised. If you make it through, be sure to say hello!

I ended up getting drunk with friends in Mclean so I didn't make it to DC but I'll keep an eye out for your shows, I can't take another Steez Promo or BADASS raves show.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium
Well thank gently caress the Christmas and new year period is over. Finally distros open their doors once again, vans are started and loaded, teas made and pressing plants spit out round plastic plate of pure joy. And it's a nice start to the year as well with some highlights this week being:

First up Boddika & Joy O with Swims, and the remixes there of. Honestly it seems like Swamp81 have had something new out every week for the past couple of months. Zed Bias, Pinch and now this.

Jon Convex has a nice new single on his new Convex Industries imprint, Bump & Grind b/w Closer. Especially liking the b-side on this one. If you liked the Instra:Mental album you'll like this.

And 92 Points returns with it's second release by Magnum, someone who I know little about actually, so there we go. Some great housey number on the A with pads, arpeggiated bits and what not going on, very nice. And the b-side is great with some breakbeat and some kind of big rubber band bassline thing happening that I really like the sound of. 92 Points is definitely coming on and I hope they can busy up their release schedule a bit this coming year.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Jesus, Nemo you alright?! Spaz! .... Stop Smiling!
Is anyone else excited about Jacques Greene's new label? I'm crossing my fingers for a Koreless release since he's already featured on the inaugural release.

Flatline

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

HatchetDown posted:

Is anyone else excited about Jacques Greene's new label? I'm crossing my fingers for a Koreless release since he's already featured on the inaugural release.

Flatline

I'm looking forward to it as the tracks sound pretty decent, though Clark is the only one that really stands out for me, with its bit more harder Housey edge going on(Vase Soundcloud for previews of all the tracks). I just hope the label ends up half decent and not falling into the pitfall of the classic artists own label. And Annie Mac pronounces Vase the other way, and it annoys me.

Dopo
Jul 23, 2004
I didn't realize there was another way to pronounce vase. I'm excited about the label but I don't think I'll bite on the first EP.

Dopo
Jul 23, 2004
I'd buy an instrumental version of Flatline in a heartbeat though.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
New Downlink mix
http://ibrostep.com/2012/01/09/downlink-2012-dj-mix-filthy-1-hour-15-min-mix/

Waking up my roommates with this mix currently, lazy bastards need to get up anyway its 10:15 on a Tuesday.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Someone dropped this on the Future Garage (basically bass music) room on turntable within minutes of upload last night. Pretty huge tune.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VrGocVz8QI

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

air- posted:

Someone dropped this on the Future Garage (basically bass music) room on turntable within minutes of upload last night. Pretty huge tune.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VrGocVz8QI

dunno man that just sounds like some 06 dubstep, not that its bad

Dopo
Jul 23, 2004
Here is the recording from my live show on Nasty.FM on Sunday. About two and a half hours of bass jams:

http://soundcloud.com/grape-guts/nastyfm-8-1-12

Grape Guts live from San Francisco every Sunday at 4 Pacific / 7 Eastern / Midnight GMT

January 8th 2012:

Shabba Ranks - Man Pon Consignment
Om Unit - Vibrations
Machinedrum - Lay Me Down
Throwing Snow - Too Polite
The Claw - Track 10
The Weeknd - High For This (NastyNasty Edit)
DJ Khaled - I'm On One (Sinjin Hawke Remix)
Prime Slime - The Future (Mister Ries Remix)
Cedaa - Jasmin (Sines Slabs On Swangas Remix)
Obey City - Melted Magic
Obey City - Intrigue
Teeth - Shawty
Clicks & Whistles - Adventure Tune
Redinho - Slap
Richelle - Somewhere Secret
Lunice - Hitmanes Anthem
Rustie - Surph
Untold - Sweat
Huerco S - Got me ina trance
Jonny MegaByte - That's How I Roll
Zomby - Spliff Dub (Rustie remix)
Hudson Mohawke - Fuse
Nah Like - Blessed (Martin Sauvage Remix)
Bondax, Bobbie Gordon - Just Smile For Me
Dark Sky - Be Myself
Myrryrs - Without U
inZtance - There & Back
Addison Groove - Fuk Tha 101
Blackwax - Offkey
Myrryrs - Burn And Turn It Up
Lunice - Juice
Salva - Yellobone (Shlohmo & 2KWTVR Remix)
Tape3000 - Leaving You (Martin Sauvage Remix)
Kingdom - Let You No
Anthony "Shake" Shakir - Mood Swing
Dark Sky - Neon
Krampfhaft - Hyper Dreaming (Desto Remix)
Breton - RDI (Girl Unit Remix)
Salva - Obsession feat. B. Bravo
Nguzunguzu - Mirage (Girl Unit Remix)
Chris Brown ft. Busta Rhymes, Lil Wayne - Loeke At Me Now (Expendable Youth Bubblin Edit)
The Phantom - Arctic (Dub)
Jacques Greene - Another Girl
Obey City - Heaven
French Fries, Bambounou - Hugz feat. Bambounou
Artifact - D.A.R.E
A1 Bassline - Falsehood
Knc - Gone
Seiji - Face Up
Blackwax - Airway
Pedro 123 - Coolant
Raffertie - Twitch (It Grows & Grows)
XXXY - Ordinary Things
Simbad, Cooly G - Landscapes
Raffertie - You Could Be Forgiven For Thinking That
Worthy - Lost Dog (LOL Boys Remix)
Myrryrs - Feel U
Dubbel Dutch - Hymn

I'll be playing footwork and ghetto house stuff if you have a chance to tune in next week.

Dopo fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 10, 2012

Symptomless Coma
Mar 30, 2007
for shock value

Dopo posted:

Here is the recording

Just thought I'd better let you know how much I'm loving this. Nice set to work to.

Number Two Stunna
Nov 8, 2009

FUCK
I hope this isn't too spammy, but my EP on Soukouch Ethnik was released yesterday, you can download it for free if you wish:

http://soukouchethnik.bandcamp.com/album/se008-dj-tylermania-robothugs-ep

It's sort of trappy/footworky bass stuff, has Nah Like and Umba remixes.

Dopo posted:

Here is the recording from my live show on Nasty.FM on Sunday. About two and a half hours of bass jams:

http://soundcloud.com/grape-guts/nastyfm-8-1-12

Grape Guts live from San Francisco every Sunday at 4 Pacific / 7 Eastern / Midnight GMT

January 8th 2012:

tracklisting

I'll be playing footwork and ghetto house stuff if you have a chance to tune in next week.

This looks really cool, will deffo download and listen to this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dopo
Jul 23, 2004
Not spammy at all! I was excited for your release. Def gonna download it when I get home.

Thanks for the kind words about the mix everyone. I really appreciate it!

Edit: I like to read the title of the EP as RobotHugs instead of RoboThugs. Hope that is ok.

Dopo fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 11, 2012

• Locked thread