Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Jendawn13

Just received your Christmas card! I grew up watching A Christmas Story every year, but haven't seen it or thought about it for a while... Thanks for the welcome nostalgia! I feel all warm and fuzzy now. :buddy:

"You'll shoot your eye out!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangereuse
Dec 27, 2009

Terrain is bumpy, vegetation may be thick. Proceed with caution.
RatherTonic, I sent you a rather nasty card. Either yours or my postman have no sense of humour, or cannot read my handwriting, because they sent it back to me. :smith:

mysa09
May 28, 2010
I sent out about 30 Christmas cards a couple days before Christmas. None got sent back but the mail man wasn't very happy that I put a lot of stickers on the envelopes. :ohdearsass:

Put me back on the list for Valentine's Day Cards!

Stephanie
4923 State Route 276
Batavia,Ohio 45103

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

mysa09 posted:

I sent out about 30 Christmas cards a couple days before Christmas. None got sent back but the mail man wasn't very happy that I put a lot of stickers on the envelopes. :ohdearsass:

Stephanie
4923 State Route 276
Batavia,Ohio 45103

Why wasn't he happy? Gimme his address, I'll send him all kinds of stickers! :argh:

What a SCROOGE!

Content: My mum-in-law works at the postal outlet inside a drug store just down the street. She's pals with the lady who comes to refill the greeting cards and got me hooked up with a TONNE of colourful envelopes that didn't have cards to go with them. I mean HUNDREDS. Yesssss!!!

Goonlove surrounded by envelope over envelope, over envelope? Why, that's a great idea!

e: All the envelopes are the same size and now my idea is ruined. :aaa:

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jan 7, 2012

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Content: My mum-in-law works at the postal outlet inside a drug store just down the street. She's pals with the lady who comes to refill the greeting cards and got me hooked up with a TONNE of colourful envelopes that didn't have cards to go with them. I mean HUNDREDS. Yesssss!!!

Goonlove surrounded by envelope over envelope, over envelope? Why, that's a great idea!

Haha that's awesome. I just got some more nice cards. I hope to start putting those together sometime soon.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

mysa09 posted:

*redacted

What? Did s/he actually say something? It's legal to put stickers on envelopes. Do not let that bully bother you. :colbert:

The mail keeps coming, here. Today I got cards from Comrade Koba and Jendawn13. Thank you both, I love them! That's one of the things I love about goonmail, there's so many different neat pictures on the cards and stuff. It's awesome!

Gott nytt år!

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Oct 25, 2012

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
Just got home and checked my mail. Thank you to Pillory Soft for the awesome little doodle, Dan Lacey for the prints, CommanderCoffee for the card, and lamb for the postcards!

peanutbutterunicorn
Jul 31, 2009
I apologize in advance for the returned cards. I no longer am living with my dad and he feels that if you have to use an alias on the cards instead of real names then it must not be legal or something like that, so he has been sending them back. I have changed my address through the post office though. Thanks goons!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

mysa09 posted:

Stephanie
4923 State Route 276
Batavia,Ohio 45103

Done!

I am so excited - I just placed an order for stamps and all manner of tchotchkes for St. Patrick's Day, Fourth of July, one random mailing and even next Halloween and Christmas. This thread better not die.

Edit: and Easter! I got Easter crap too.

lamb fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 6, 2012

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

lamb posted:

Done!

I am so excited - I just placed an order for stamps and all manner of tchotchkes for St. Patrick's Day, Fourth of July, one random mailing and even next Halloween and Christmas. This thread better not die.

Oh, you know it won't. :D

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

All postcards are outlined in pencil but I had no eraser when I was at the hospital so progress stopped there. I hopefully have some time for the first time tonight since my son was born Wednesday.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Keetron posted:

All postcards are outlined in pencil but I had no eraser when I was at the hospital so progress stopped there. I hopefully have some time for the first time tonight since my son was born Wednesday.

Congrats!

Fish on a Stick
Aug 12, 2008
I just got back home to find a big pile of goonmail waiting for me :) Thanks to mizufusion, team lunch, mysa, and lamb

Turkish Delightful
Dec 20, 2006

kwak kwak
I'd like to be a part of this mail orgy fun! It seems to be year round, so hopefully it's okay that I've just picked 3 random people and they'll soon be getting 3 random cards! More to follow...

Direct any deliveries of awesomeness to:
Edit: Address included on list when able to participate!

For reference I'm a 29 year old chic, but I have the sense of humor of a small child. Well, a small child who enjoys a good penis joke. I have a dog and I'm sure he'd love a card, too!

Turkish Delightful fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 11, 2012

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
So, I guess I bought a lovely kind of glue, and my Valentine's are a little goopy looking. But you guys are still gonna like them! I had entirely too much fun pretending I was in third grade again.

I showed the prototype to my boyfriend and he said it was weird. Everyone says I have a strange sense of humour. :ohdear: I hope they're not actually terrible!

I'm broke at the moment, so only ten lucky people are gonna get 'em. Hopefully my job interview on Wednesday pans out so I can send boatloads more stuff. Wish me luck!

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.
Congratulations, Keetron! :) I just got your card the other day, and our whole group of friends passed it around to read and admire.

Thermophonic Joy posted:

So, I guess I bought a lovely kind of glue, and my Valentine's are a little goopy looking. But you guys are still gonna like them! I had entirely too much fun pretending I was in third grade again.

I showed the prototype to my boyfriend and he said it was weird. Everyone says I have a strange sense of humour. :ohdear: I hope they're not actually terrible!

I'm broke at the moment, so only ten lucky people are gonna get 'em. Hopefully my job interview on Wednesday pans out so I can send boatloads more stuff. Wish me luck!

I'm crossing my fingers for you. Yay for construction paper, lovely glue, and too much goddamn glitter!!

Astroduck
Aug 30, 2006

Woke up today to find two more cards from Apostate and Jendawn13.
Thank you guys!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thanks for the card Jendawn13

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Okay I just fired off 25 letters including 2 internationals. :neckbeard:

North of Gravity
Jun 30, 2007

did y0u pr0gram this r0b0t t0 have feelings f0r y0u?
R0MANTIC FEELINGS???

D --> Is that not ok
Sorry for being such a terrible penpal in general. :( I just sent out a batch of postcards and a package though, so some of you should be keeping an eye on your mailbox!

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
I'm sorry for not posting before, but I've been too drat busy these weeks.
Before Christmas I received:

From Niemat

cuntvalet

lamb

The Genesplicers

And after (But I still put them on the tree with the others):

Drei

Mysa

Fluffy Bunnies

And 1337 haxxor pirate

Thanks everybody for the Christmas cards.
Also a couple of things:
lamb, you took me out of the list :(. Also I made a cheesecake with the recipe you sent, and it was delicious (Everybody loved it). And about the bracelet, Was it the right size? I made it myself, and didn't know how big to make it.
And 1337 haxxor pirate I'm glad you liked the cards, I have tons of Humankind cards (Even a couple of sealed decks). And there are 2 other local games I can get cards if you are interested. In any case, I play yugioh and we don't get cards in english.

Tragedy Sherbert
Dec 16, 2011
The tragedy is it's not ice cream
I've always wanted to do something in one of these threads. :blush: I think I'd like to give having some goon penpals a shot, if I may.

My address is:

Tragedy Sherbert
14 W Ridley Avenue
Ridley Park, PA

I'm 25 years old and my birthday is April 11th. Some of my favourite things are Moomin, pirates, crocheting and alligators.

Please no bodily fluids or nws drawings on envelopes. I am not sure other family who handle the mail would appreciate it.

Tragedy Sherbert fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jan 11, 2012

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Me and my guy are goonie to the max. Put us on the list! Our US address is

1217 Overbrook Rd.
Idlewylde, MD 21239

Since I'm about 10,000 miles away from there right now, I'll pick up some postcards and send over a little bit of Qatar to get people through the winter. They might not arrive for a few weeks, depending on how bad customs is/how far away you are, but I'll try my best!

Updated for interests:

I like weird stuff. Honestly, the stranger the better. I love kitsch and have a somewhat morbid sense of humor. I'm the type of person who turns tombstones into coffee tables. I also do geeky-rear end art like making old video game sprites out of thumbtacks on corkboard. I love dogs and herps and play the timpani :rock:.

I like car stuff too. My pet project is my little Mazda 2 that I'm trying to get into some sort of shape for autocross. I'm currently doing my thesis on the cognitive effects of interrogation, so I guess I like Psych stuff too. :)

I will probably attempt to send you some sort of sketch or doodle, so beware. (Just because I like art does not mean I can create it.)

hyperhazard fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Feb 10, 2012

Doctor Dope
Oct 4, 2005

timey-wimey fruity booty
I'm about halfway through a pile of stickers my last insane roommate left at my last apartment, and am about to get some more postcards/stamps for anyone who wants touristy northern Michigan poo poo. If anyone has kids who would want some Dora or really girly Sesame St. stickers let me know, I'll feel like a creepy weirdo just sending them to random goons (but MLP and Hello Kitty stickers are kosher, go figure).

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Thank you very much to Dangereuse and Count Drunkula, who are under the impression that I went to Penn State (?), and to Cardboard Robot, who sent me a coloring page and stickers that I appreciate very much, even though I am not a brony (is there a female equivalent to a brony?)

Palette swap posted:

lamb, you took me out of the list :(. Also I made a cheesecake with the recipe you sent, and it was delicious (Everybody loved it). And about the bracelet, Was it the right size? I made it myself, and didn't know how big to make it.

You made that yourself? It is perfect, and I've gotten many compliments on it. You should sell them!

I'm really sorry about taking you off of the list- I've fixed it. It was definitely a weird mistake on my part, because you're one of the goons whose Valentine's Day envelope I'd already prepared. Here's proof:

Now I just have to resist the urge to send these out before February 1st.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
I'm very excited to send out Goonentines!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Holy crap. I'm so surprised that I even got Thermophonic Joy's card at all. I couldn't believe the state it was in when I opened the mailbox! :ohdear: Looked like someone had already opened it, that or it just went through a hell of a lot before getting here. The envelope is hardly intact and only about 30% of it is still sealed. I didn't need to open it to see what was inside.

Thank you Thermophonic Joy. I can only hope that nothing was missing when I got it.

Gridlok
Aug 4, 2006
I'm keen for some of this, I enjoy hearing from people that aren't in countries stuck in the early 80's

Josh Gridlok
22 Salmond St
Hoon Hay
Christchurch
New Zealand

If you're game include your return address and I'll send you things from nuuu zealandia

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

cardboardRobot posted:

Holy crap. I'm so surprised that I even got Thermophonic Joy's card at all. I couldn't believe the state it was in when I opened the mailbox! :ohdear: Looked like someone had already opened it, that or it just went through a hell of a lot before getting here. The envelope is hardly intact and only about 30% of it is still sealed. I didn't need to open it to see what was inside.

Thank you Thermophonic Joy. I can only hope that nothing was missing when I got it.

My post office couldn't keep their hands/robots off it either, but it looks like everything inside came intact. Thank you Thermophonic Joy! Thanks everybody!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

cardboardRobot posted:

Maybe my envelopes weren't up to scratch? Since you and Aunt Buck both received my goonmail like that! :ohdear:

I can't remember everything I sent, but there were colouring pages for sure, and a ton of stickers, and little foam stickers. Um, and I think there were gift tags, too. Probably better if those are lost, since they would have arrived so late!

Glad you got it, though! Merry Belated Goonmas! :buddy:

Edit: Aunt Buck, please tell me that name of that cat, because it looks like it wants some goonlove, too!

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 12, 2012

deviltry
Nov 1, 2010

"Don't be humble. You're not that great."
Mysterious Goon, FAH Q ...
Thank you for the PEACE card and dino-chicken? tattoo that came along inside. :)

TO another MYSTERIOUS Goon, RATHER TONIC
Let me know what your mailing address is. The one that I used from your envelope -- bounced back to me :(
Would really love to send you a thank you card.

Jendawn13
Oct 4, 2001

Oooh, look at the purty colors!!
The USPS was holding my mail hostage, but now that I finally got it: many thanks to 13Pandora13 for the holiday card and stickers and Mr. and Mrs. Genesplicer for the awesome homemade New Year's card and zombie warning!! :-)

I hope to get my camera working again soon so I can come back and post pics...

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I was surprised to receive a card after the new year! Thanks jaded hula!

I also received this assortment from 13Pandora13:

She's a local, which could mean she had leftover stuff from Valentine's last year, or she's trying to tell me something. ;-*... or maybe it's :tinfoil:? But probably just :effort:

In any case, thanks!

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jan 12, 2012

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I saw the Harry Potter cards and couldn't restrain myself from sending them all immediately. Yours just got there really fast because you're local.

Last year I had dinosaur valentines. :colbert:

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!
Some of my cards were late, so I took a second picture. I appreciate them all, and will until valentine's day!

Since this year I have a new printer, I will be printing my own valentines this year.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

13Pandora13 posted:

I saw the Harry Potter cards and couldn't restrain myself from sending them all immediately. Yours just got there really fast because you're local.

Last year I had dinosaur valentines. :colbert:
So... "You're dino-mite!" and "RAWR is dino for I love you!"? Sounds about right.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Edit: Aunt Buck, please tell me that name of that cat, because it looks like it wants some goonlove, too!

That's Ushi, I also call him my cat-hat because he likes to sleep on my head at night.

A big thank you to 13Pandora13 for the valentine, that was a nice surprise.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

I noticed someone started a Valentine's specific mail exchange thread... We aren't getting rid of this thread, are we? :ohdear:

Also, I want to apologize for being so slow to get some mail pictures posted and to get mail out (I haven't forgotten about you, cat mail goons!!)--work's been a beast lately, but I'm hoping tomorrow I'll have time to sit down (at work, ha :v:) and get some mail prepped!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Niemat posted:

I noticed someone started a Valentine's specific mail exchange thread... We aren't getting rid of this thread, are we? :ohdear:

I don't think so. I hope it doesn't get closed! I already have 47 envelopes full of Valentine's goodness ready to go (including one for you, Niemat), so they'll get mailed either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

lamb posted:

I don't think so. I hope it doesn't get closed! I already have 47 envelopes full of Valentine's goodness ready to go (including one for you, Niemat), so they'll get mailed either way.

Awwww, thanks! :3:

I hope this thread doesn't get closed down either. :( Maybe we can make the case that we're the all year round, hard core snail-mail goons who need a separate thread...? :black101: