Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

The Legends House thing is worth about 4-6 weeks of decent TV. 12-16 of 'could actually air' TV. But other than that, NXT/Superstars, and rerunning classic tapes and WWE films, they have literally no other programming. Which is fine for an On-Demand service like 24/7, but an actual real cable station needs new-ish content for at least 8 hours a day.

Other than sports and news stations, what cable networks put out 8 hours of new content per day? Even most sports networks don't! USA puts out 4-8 hours of new content per week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MassRayPer posted:

Other than sports and news stations, what cable networks put out 8 hours of new content per day? Even most sports networks don't! USA puts out 4-8 hours of new content per week.

Yea I'm not super optimistic about the channel either but I can't think of any station that puts out 8 hours a day unless it's a "Here's today's football game, now the other, now some college football" station. Most channels have like, a real small window of brand new content coming out a day, you can very easily pad out your lineup with 'classic episodes' of wrestling and all and no one would feel different than any other station.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Glitterbomber posted:

Yea I'm not super optimistic about the channel either but I can't think of any station that puts out 8 hours a day unless it's a "Here's today's football game, now the other, now some college football" station. Most channels have like, a real small window of brand new content coming out a day, you can very easily pad out your lineup with 'classic episodes' of wrestling and all and no one would feel different than any other station.

And that is all I want. I want a lot of old wrestling.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRayPer posted:

And that is all I want. I want a lot of old wrestling.

I'd love to get some old wrestling too but not before its hits the WWE sanitizing block. I scored a copy of the Starrcade 85(a personal favorite), straight from the original airing and it was amazing what WWE edited out for their 24/7 broadcast. It wasn't just music but entrances and portions of matches.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Just putting the old Mario Bros Super Show with Lou Albano in it would buy my subscription.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

I'd love to get some old wrestling too but not before its hits the WWE sanitizing block. I scored a copy of the Starrcade 85(a personal favorite), straight from the original airing and it was amazing what WWE edited out for their 24/7 broadcast. It wasn't just music but entrances and portions of matches.

They may just be airing the commercial release. Those tended to be extremely edited down.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Random fan posted:

@IAmJericho on the scale of 1 - 10 how much of an rear end clown are you?

Chris Jericho posted:

I go to 11...

Lance Storm posted:

And with alcohol sometimes higher

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRayPer posted:

They may just be airing the commercial release. Those tended to be extremely edited down.

the VHS release had like 5 minutes of the undercard matches and maybe 20 minutes of the main event.

the WWE 24/7 release was somewhere in between that and the actual PPV release.

I'd stumbled upon a copy of the PPV release and it was 45 minutes longer than the WWE 24/7.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

the VHS release had like 5 minutes of the undercard matches and maybe 20 minutes of the main event.

the WWE 24/7 release was somewhere in between that and the actual PPV release.

I'd stumbled upon a copy of the PPV release and it was 45 minutes longer than the WWE 24/7.

That's really weird. I can see why you might cut out entrances, but why make other edits you don't have to. I do think they wouldn't have time to edit everything for the network.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jay Briscoe posted:

Brodus Clay dancing = cosmetically pleasing

Dem boys feeling sour.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Twitterer posted:

What do you do in your free time?

John Laurinaitis posted:

I enjoy model trains.

Twitterer posted:

DID JOHN CENA PUNCH HURT YOU?

John Laurinaitis posted:

Yes, my feelings were very hurt.

Love this man.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

From CM Punks twitter account.

https://twitter.com/!/CMPunk/status/156470253541527552/photo/1

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Spikeguy posted:

From CM Punks twitter account.

https://twitter.com/!/CMPunk/status/156470253541527552/photo/1

Twitter links and SA don't work out so well together. Here's it corrected.

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/156470253541527552/photo/1

And here's the pic in question why not?

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
Ziggler just posted something along the lines of "Twinkies going bust makes my 'All you can eat Hostess parties' sound anything but PG #HopeYouChokeOnYourCreamFilling" but then deleted it really quickly

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Twitter links and SA don't work out so well together. Here's it corrected.

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/156470253541527552/photo/1

And here's the pic in question why not?

Obviously it's Bizzaro World because Cena is actually sitting down. On his DVD he stood in the spot for hours doing that poo poo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Love this man.

I've never gone from hate to love as fast as I have for Johnny Ace

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Deadpool posted:

Obviously it's Bizzaro World because Cena is actually sitting down. On his DVD he stood in the spot for hours doing that poo poo.

The DVD was just him in a room doin that or giveaways or sale at a merch tent. This appears to be an actual appearance.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
Necro Butcher Facebook update (not exactly uplifting)

quote:

All I wanted was to be in my kids lives. I have 4 kids in WV that dont know me and I didnt want to repeat that with Amy and Mary. And need me they do. But Ive hosed my life in the process. No work down here, No friends, no love, but 2 little girls who NEED me. But what a price I am paying for them. But Im alive, folks.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
That's sad, I feel bad for him.

At the same time though I don't think you should be doing the things Necrobutcher does when you're someone's Dad.

Edit: Maybe I've misunderstood?

Is he saying he moved to be with his children and it's stopping/slowing his career and he's sad about this?

Or is he saying he can't have a relationship with his children because of his career?

Sue Denim fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jan 12, 2012

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
In this episode of Kurt Angle is a loving dumbass:

quote:

anglefoods1: Hahahaha yay! CB#: REDACTED

He tweeted out his cell phone number. :psyduck:

Obviously the tweet has been deleted. Countdown to "My Twitter Has Been Hacked" starts now.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
"Angle Foods, you'll break your ankle over our low prices, Kurt speaking how can I make you tap today?"

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

Kurt Angle posted:

@anglefoods1: @BookerT5x Hey Booker and Sharmell. I Love You Guys. Miss You. Give Me A Follow. I'll follow You Guys. GOD Bless, K.

Kurt Angle, Olympic gold medalist, begging the competition for Twitter followers. :allears:

Ravingsockmonkey
Jan 24, 2007

Kharma police, arrest this girl
She stares at me as if she owns the world
And we have crashed her party

Sue Denim posted:

That's sad, I feel bad for him.

At the same time though I don't think you should be doing the things Necrobutcher does when you're someone's Dad.

Edit: Maybe I've misunderstood?

Is he saying he moved to be with his children and it's stopping/slowing his career and he's sad about this?

Or is he saying he can't have a relationship with his children because of his career?

I'm curious about this too. I'll carry the question over to the questions thread and see what kind of hits we get.

Faxman
Feb 27, 2009

T3hRen3gade posted:

Kurt Angle, Olympic gold medalist, begging the competition for Twitter followers. :allears:

It probably won't work. He forgot to tell them he's not a stalker

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Faxman posted:

It probably won't work. He forgot to tell them he's not a stalker

Kurt is still just looking for some bestiality sex. :(

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
The implication being Sharmell looks like a horse, right?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/!/Sting

Ask him about the Taker match.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Bocc Kob posted:

The implication being Sharmell looks like a horse, right?

The implication being

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxTBJjj1IZI

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Tajiri sent me an e-card for my birthday on Facebook. A day before my birthday. Clearly he's lulling me into a false sense of security before mist to the face and a buzzsaw kick.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Hey everyone.

My twitter got hacked because I angered a bunch of French Canadian hockey fans. I don't know what was said before they deleted it.

I re-opened @lonerogue so re-add me.

What a frustrating morning.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Who is in your avatar LR?

Freakazoid, Scott Hall....?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

oldpainless posted:

Who is in your avatar LR?

Freakazoid, Scott Hall....?

From L to R: Magus from Chrono Trigger, Carey Price of the Montreal Canadiens, Speedy from the Samurai Pizza Cats, Freakazoid and Scott Hall.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
More from Necro Butcher on Facebook

quote:

Yay ! I'm homeless again. On my way to San Antonio, I decided to take my ex up on her offer to spend sometime with my kids I havent seen since September. Now shes got guests and I have to get the gently caress out. As in THE gently caress OUT NOW, fifth wheel kinda thing I guess. Awesome to do this to me at 10 PM at night. Anybody out there in Facebook land feel sorry enough for me to lend a couch for a couple days ? My homie Chuey will take me in but cant come get me tonight. Any takers ? Oh yeah, Im dead fuckin broke too.

quote:

7 people liked this

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Necro Butcher does not seem a man who makes good decisions. :ohdear:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lone Rogue posted:

From L to R: Magus from Chrono Trigger, Carey Price of the Montreal Canadiens, Speedy from the Samurai Pizza Cats, Freakazoid and Scott Hall.

All things Scott Hall sees on a usual night.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Jesus Christ, Necro.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'd let him stay with me but I still can't get the stink of Steen out of my curtains.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

I'd let him stay with me but I still can't get the stink of Steen out of my curtains.

He has an open invitation to sleep on my futon if he's ever in the Baltimore area. Hopefully he'll work an indy up here during baseball season this year.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Wasn't he in 'The Wrestler' battling a character that was just like he is now? So many layers of sad to old broke and broken wrestlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

It might be kind of cool to have Necro Butcher crashing at your apartment for a few days. Sitting around smoking, playing video games, and hearing him tell road stories.

But then I'd have to explain to my girlfriend why I have a scary looking homeless man sleeping on my couch.