Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

8w-gremlin posted:

in other notes does anyone know how i can do the following...
add a burrow speed equal to your speed
add tremorsense 1 your vision types

I'm going to ignore Daily Powers for this.

Nightmare's Equal Footing gives you Tremorsense 1 when you are bloodied. Earthreaver Stompers give you Tremorsense 1 all the time, and higher level versions give you Tremorsense 3. The Oak Shield and Stonecaller Paragon Paths give you Tremorsense 5 when you are touching the ground. Master of the Eternal Hunt Epic Destiny gives you Tremorsense 10.

Sandwalker Boots give you Burrow 6 in sand. That appears to be the only non-daily power burrow granter I can find.

Klungar fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Klungar posted:

I'm going to ignore Daily Powers for this.

Nightmare's Equal Footing gives you Tremorsense 1 when you are bloodied. Earthreaver Stompers give you Tremorsense 1 all the time, and higher level versions give you Tremorsense 3. The Oak Shield and Stonecaller Paragon Paths give you Tremorsense 5 when you are touching the ground. Master of the Eternal Hunt Epic Destiny gives you Tremorsense 10.

Sandwalker Boots give you Burrow 6 in sand. That appears to be the only non-daily power burrow granter I can find.
I'm thinking he's not asking how to get said features, but how to code said features in the LCB.

And to answer that question: I'm not even sure if you CAN.

On the topic of 5e and the Character Builder, I have two words: total conversion.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

scpredmage posted:

I'm thinking he's not asking how to get said features, but how to code said features in the LCB.

That'll teach me to read what thread I'm in before I post :doh:

8w-gremlin
Apr 4, 2011

Klungar posted:

That'll teach me to read what thread I'm in before I post :doh:

I was asking that.... i've got some way, but not really what i need.

on another note Infernal Prince's level 1 feature isn't working
I've changed it to

<statadd name="fire:attack" value="+1" type="Power" />

and that seems to work for me (line 9369 i think)

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

scpredmage posted:

And to answer that question: I'm not even sure if you CAN.

On the topic of 5e and the Character Builder, I have two words: total conversion.

Hey, scpredmage, since you put together the baseline Soulknife stuff for me, are you interested in that account upgrade I offered up? Just get me your email address and let me know what one you want. I did offer a bounty for it, even if nobody seems to...

ZigZagZooka posted:

I'm interested in coding the class for you. Started looking at it already, but I couldn't send you a PM. Did try to send an email about it yesterday. Not sure if it got to you, though.

I stand corrected. I just responded to your email. The offer for the upgrade still stands for scpredmage, though.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 11, 2012

ZigZagZooka
Feb 28, 2011

Echophonic posted:

Hey, scpredmage, since you put together the baseline Soulknife stuff for me, are you interested in that account upgrade I offered up? Just get me your email address and let me know what one you want. I did offer a bounty for it, even if nobody seems to want money to do the rest.
I'm interested in coding the class for you. Started looking at it already, but I couldn't send you a PM. Did try to send an email about it yesterday. Not sure if it got to you, though.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I think I've found a bug with the Iron Body Ki Focus; it seems to be granting double the enhancement bonus. I've built a fighter, multiclassed monk and the +2 Focus is giving me a +4 enhancement bonus, which while very nice, seems patently incorrect.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

rantmo posted:

I think I've found a bug with the Iron Body Ki Focus; it seems to be granting double the enhancement bonus. I've built a fighter, multiclassed monk and the +2 Focus is giving me a +4 enhancement bonus, which while very nice, seems patently incorrect.

Is this with a Paragon Brawler Fighter? Brawlers get a +2/tier Enhancement bonus to Unarmed attacks, which includes the Monk Unarmed Strike. That would override the focus's bonus.

Excellent choice, by the way, if that's the case. Brawler Fighters own bones.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Echophonic posted:

Is this with a Paragon Brawler Fighter? Brawlers get a +2/tier Enhancement bonus to Unarmed attacks, which includes the Monk Unarmed Strike. That would override the focus's bonus.

Excellent choice, by the way, if that's the case. Brawler Fighters own bones.

That is indeed the character and I suspect it will be awesome to play (thanks to Improved Monk Unarmed Strike and Shock Trooper his unarmed attacks are d12s). So I guess the bug is that the enhancement bonuses aren't cancelling each other out.

EDIT: No, the bug is that I've come down with a case of illiteracy. Everything is working properly.

rantmo fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jan 11, 2012

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

rantmo posted:

That is indeed the character and I suspect it will be awesome to play (thanks to Improved Monk Unarmed Strike and Shock Trooper his unarmed attacks are d12s). So I guess the bug is that the enhancement bonuses aren't cancelling each other out.

EDIT: No, the bug is that I've come down with a case of illiteracy. Everything is working properly.

No you get +2 per tier, which means that as you are in paragon your enhancement bonus is +4.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Mr Beens posted:

No you get +2 per tier, which means that as you are in paragon your enhancement bonus is +4.

Yeah, as I said the bug was illiteracy on my part.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing
I just got CB and CBLoader set up on a new PC after over a year being away from D&D, but I can't open it without "Error decrypting the rules file" errors from combined.dnd40.main, which doesn't exist, only .encrypted(in the CB dir) and .part(in AppData) versions of the file. The FAQ on the CBLoader wiki is vague and didn't work, assuming I followed in correctly.

Anyone know what I'm loving up?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Lots of errata today - http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/updates
Although it looks like the pdfs haven't actually been updated with stuff referenced in the summary table.

e: Sounds like the pages went live before the updates were uploaded. Should be sorted out later in the day.

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jan 12, 2012

SabreCat
Dec 12, 2010

d4 damage with the ill behavior
The DMCA request for cbloader's takedown is up. It doesn't really say why the complaint was issued, but rather talks about how the offline CB is no longer available for download online. That sort of implies that cbloader is the legacy CB, and the complaint is that somebody has continued to distribute it... weird.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
That's... a weird DMCA. The wording in the first paragraph is also odd. It seems to be a DMCA against distributing the LCB, but the links just link to the mod.

I really don't think that's a valid DMCA notice.

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
This DMCA takedown notice appears to be self-defeating.

They claim, as part of the DMCA takedown, that the software is no longer supported, abandonware, as it were.

Yeah, I call balogna on this. I can't see how it's enforceable since they are pointing to the CBLoader download links, which have nothing to do with Wizards of the Coast's Character Builder code.

Also, why is it a complaint to Google: Android Market? Is that just a blanket description for code housed at Google now?

EDIT: Dragon 402 article, Tools of Two Trades has been finalized and there were some changes which will need to propagate into the Loader.
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/downloads/dragon/402/402_Tools_of_Two_Trades.pdf

Undrhil fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 12, 2012

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011
The REAL reason to call "bologna" on this is that they're claiming copyright infringement on this. Considering that the CBLoader itself doesn't redistribute ANY WotC code and/or data, there isn't actually any copyrights being infringed by the files they claim.

Anyways, the Hengeyokai article (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/dra/201110hengeyokai) was also updated with this latest batch. Having compared it to the original, here's the list of changes:

Elusive racial trait: changed from +1 Reflex to +2 to escape a grab and saves against immobilize, restrain, and slow

Nature's Mask changes:
Badger: added restriction on burrowing through stone.
Cat, Monkey, Raccoon Dog, Rat: Climb speed now equals FULL speed, up from half.
Crane, Sparrow: Fly speed now equals 1 + half your speed, instead of 6.

Also, looking over the Tools of Two Trades file, it seems MUCH shorter than before, so while I haven't given it an in-depth look yet, I imagine some of the feats were removed. I did notice (since it's the one I actually USE) that War Wizard's Expertise was changed from reducing the damage you deal to your allies when you hit them to a flat -5 to attack rolls.

scpredmage fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 12, 2012

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011
Alright, spent a little time comparing the new "Tools of Two Trades" article against what's already in the LCB.

The following feats were completely removed: Devoted Priest Expertise, Dwarven Rod Expertise, Hex Expertise, and Weapon Ki Technique. Instead of just deleting them, we may wish to move them over to a "house-rule" part file, like some of the Unearthed Arcana stuff.

The remaining feats were all changed in some manner:
White Lotus Dueling Expertise: replaced the "secondary" bonus to Arcana and Diplomacy with proficiency with orbs/rods/staffs/wands.
Eldritch Fullisade Expertise: now requires the Artificer class and the Crossbow Caster feat; the feat bonus to attack rolls with crossbows and wands no longer specify weapon/implement attacks (meaning it now applies to implement attacks made with a crossbow, thus the Crossbow Caster requirement), and the secondary benefit was changed to allow you to draw or stow a wand as free once/round, and reload crossbows as free action.
Battle Song Expertise: attack bonus now applies to any weapon you are proficient with and wands or another item designated as a bard implement; secondary remains the same.
Devout Protector Expertise: attack bonus now requires one-handed melee weapon, and no longer requires shield; secondary replaced with giving allies a +1 shield bonus to AC while you use a shield. Interestingly, there's no trigger, duration, or even DISTANCE required to get that shield bonus.
Mighty Crusader Expertise: now applies to "two-handed melee weapons" instead of "wielding a melee weapon in two hands".
War Wizard's Expertise: secondary changes to -5 to attack rolls with arcane powers vs allies, instead of reducing the damage they take.

And on the topic of Expertise feats, the latest updates changed the pre-Essentials expertise feats to scale up at the same levels as the post-Essentials feats, as opposed to scaling at 15th/25th levels, like they did before.

scpredmage fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 12, 2012

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
Yeah. Versatile Expertise is now decent again. :)

Do they post somewhere on the Wizards website when they release an updated article?

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Splicer posted:

I really don't think that's a valid DMCA notice.

After looking at the webpage I would guess it is more than sufficient to keep CBLoader from ever returning to the Google Code pages.

I would think Google has no interest in fighting any such claims by any lawyer. Much easier to delete a contested project than investigate. Doesn't even matter if the claims are untrue or confused. Since the original author of CBLoader doesn't even use the software much anymore I am inclined to believe the project is dead. I seriously doubt the pages will return.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Greyhawk Fan posted:

After looking at the webpage I would guess it is more than sufficient to keep CBLoader from ever returning to the Google Code pages.

I would think Google has no interest in fighting any such claims by any lawyer. Much easier to delete a contested project than investigate. Doesn't even matter if the claims are untrue or confused. Since the original author of CBLoader doesn't even use the software much anymore I am inclined to believe the project is dead. I seriously doubt the pages will return.

The entire point of DMCA is that the dude can now contest the takedown notice and if it's successfully challenged CBloader can go back onto Google Code. It's not Google's job to fight this, but it's reasonably easy for an individual to challenge a DMCA takedown notice (though not necessarily to win).

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The entire point of DMCA is that the dude can now contest the takedown notice and if it's successfully challenged CBloader can go back onto Google Code. It's not Google's job to fight this, but it's reasonably easy for an individual to challenge a DMCA takedown notice (though not necessarily to win).

Sure, in theory. And I do wish him the best of luck if he is challenging it. I don't believe it would be easy in any situation.

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Greyhawk Fan posted:

Sure, in theory. And I do wish him the best of luck if he is challenging it. I don't believe it would be easy in any situation.
Actually, at this point all he has to do is submit a counter-notice, and Google has to put it back up.

Of course, beyond THAT...

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

If the original dude's not working on it anymore, would it be possible for someone else to step up and take the reins?

I'd be up for it, though I haven't the foggiest about coding.

I'm okay with emailing Google/uploading code people send me or whatever.

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

Greyhawk Fan posted:

And this is the problem with the DMCA. All someone has to do is *claim* ownership of something and they can get it taken down? How is that right at all? There is no proof of ownership in that DMCA takendown notice. There are *claims* of ownership and I guess that's all that's required.

RIP Freedom of Expression

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Undrhil posted:

And this is the problem with the DMCA. All someone has to do is *claim* ownership of something and they can get it taken down? How is that right at all?

There is worse stuff on the horizon: SOPA. Read a gamer's take on it.

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Undrhil posted:

All someone has to do is *claim* ownership of something and they can get it taken down? How is that right at all?
The claim isn't supposed to be the end of it; if someone makes a false claim, you DO have the ability to submit a "counter-claim", at which point the hosting provider is supposed to restore the content.

Of course, to my understanding, the counter-claim is a sworn statement, and subject to penalty of perjury. That, and the next step to combat the counter-claim is to get the courts involved.

And yes, SOPA is worse, in the same way that a tactical nuclear warhead is worse than a firecracker. One (possibly ANONYMOUS) claim takes down the entire website, and the only way to contest it is to actually go to court.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

8w-gremlin posted:

on another note Infernal Prince's level 1 feature isn't working
I've changed it to

<statadd name="fire:attack" value="+1" type="Power" />

and that seems to work for me (line 9369 i think)

Could someone please add this to the master file? Still hasn't been fixed.

joatmaos
Nov 26, 2010
Any know way to get superior ki focuses to apply to the power cards? normal ki work just fine but when I try to use a Accurate Ki Focus or a Devastating Accurate Ki Focus +1 it does not show up on the powers and the + to hid also is missing.

SabreCat
Dec 12, 2010

d4 damage with the ill behavior
What's the syntax for a rule that says "You can use a +7 bonus in place of your Charisma modifier when making Intimidate checks"? I feel like there's something like this already, but I'm blanking on what it was.

joatmaos
Nov 26, 2010

SabreCat posted:

What's the syntax for a rule that says "You can use a +7 bonus in place of your Charisma modifier when making Intimidate checks"? I feel like there's something like this already, but I'm blanking on what it was.

Crown of Victory- Level 8+ Uncommon Head
Lvl 8 (Heroic); Lvl 18 (Paragon); Lvl 28 (Epic)
Property: You can use a +4 bonus instead of your Charisma modifier when making Diplomacy checks.
Level 18: +7 bonus.
Level 28: +10 bonus.
Power(Daily). Minor Action. Until the end of the encounter, you and any allies that can see you gain a +1 power bonus to damage rolls and saving throws.
Level 18: +2 power bonus.
Level 28: +3 power bonus.
This the item? I couldn't find the part file but hope it helps.

found on squarefireballs(dot)blogspot(dot)com/2011/05/magic-item-reset-x-head-items.html

Fuxache
Dec 31, 2010
For a while now, all the character I build seem to have two versions of Second Wind. One which tells them how many hit points to regain, and one which doesn't.

Not a big deal or anything, but has anyone got any idea why?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

SabreCat posted:

<statadd name="Intimidate" value="+7" type="Ability" /> should work.

I'm hoping the change to the various "classic" expertise feats will make it in soon.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Fuxache posted:

For a while now, all the character I build seem to have two versions of Second Wind. One which tells them how many hit points to regain, and one which doesn't.

Not a big deal or anything, but has anyone got any idea why?

This was so that feats/race abilities work with the card that doesn't have the numbers on it (the one with numbers on it is hardcoded to the builder and doesn't include feats/abilities/races stuff on it).

Kitsap Charles
Dec 29, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

This was so that feats/race abilities work with the card that doesn't have the numbers on it (the one with numbers on it is hardcoded to the builder and doesn't include feats/abilities/races stuff on it).
Is it possible to add the amount of HP regained to the new card? That way, one would only need to print the new Second Wind card and could hide the original.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Kitsap Charles posted:

Is it possible to add the amount of HP regained to the new card? That way, one would only need to print the new Second Wind card and could hide the original.

Not possible to my knowledge. You're welcome to poke around and have a look!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Master of the Fist no longer seems to be granting Monk Unarmed Strike, as I can no longer equip it in the Shop.

Klungar fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 18, 2012

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
Are updates going to continue from here on out? If so, will those using the old index files continue to get updates as normal or is there something that needs to be done / changed to make them work?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Nothing is stopping with cbloader.com on my end unless I get a DCMA. I'm not sure on who's still going to update the meager pickings coming out this year, however.

edit: vvv yes. Although I changed it to a big frowny face

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jan 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Mustache Ride posted:

Nothing is stopping with cbloader.com on my end unless I get a DCMA. I'm not sure on who's still going to update the meager pickings coming out this year, however.

I'm getting an "under construction" placeholder with a hardhat logo at the moment, and have been for a while. Is that intentional?

• Locked thread