Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Jesus christ!

e: (It's chapter 29 and it's pretty great.)

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coathat
May 21, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

Jesus christ!

gently caress, that was sick!

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

Jesus christ!

Haha drat that was nice

also kinda cool seeing that the characters are still drawn weird at times. Especially you, Mikasa.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

A chapter where nearly no words were said, and yet, so much anger was displayed.

e- It was also completely one sided anger, in fact its the only face he had on. Female titans eyes had shock, conviction, pain and even compassion. There's a whole lot more human in female titan than Eren titan.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 12, 2012

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
What sort of goddamn ubermensch is that female titan as a human? Not only is she a skilled tactician, she is also an amazing hand to hand fighter. Do you suppose she is a someone we've already met?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

Jesus christ!

What the gently caress!

Advance of the Giants author:

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 12, 2012

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

Jesus christ!

No loving way :stare:

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
That was one of the best hand to hand fights I have ever read in a manga. Probably better than anything in Shamo, even.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Serious Frolicking posted:

What sort of goddamn ubermensch is that female titan as a human? Not only is she a skilled tactician, she is also an amazing hand to hand fighter. Do you suppose she is a someone we've already met?

I think it's mostly that Eren still doesn't know what the gently caress about transforming, and when transformed has no thought other than "Blaurgh, Raaargh, gently caress YOU!"

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Holly poo poo this comic book.

Always the most unexpected outcome. Just incredible.

I would never expect that she would beat his rear end and bite him off even though (and because) that would be the most reasonable outcome (considering she seems like some kind of elite titan warrior while Eren has very little experience in titan-transforming), and then thatīs exactly what happens

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jan 12, 2012

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Gyges posted:

I think it's mostly that Eren still doesn't know what the gently caress about transforming, and when transformed has no thought other than "Blaurgh, Raaargh, gently caress YOU!"

No, Eren kept his mind this time. He was fully in control, and he was fighting well. It is just that the female titan was so much better than him. Aside from the armor ability, I didn't get the feeling that either of them had any physical advantage. This was all skill.

Flergatron 3000
May 8, 2008

you look like a fool with those buns!
What the gently caress just happened :stare:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Flergatron 3000 posted:

What the gently caress just happened :stare:

You mean how she took his head off? Roundhouse kick.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The thing that really threw me is how suprised she seems that he's fighting her at all.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Dang, so Eren hasn't learned how to heal himself at all in Titan form. Was hoping he managed to learn that little trick at some point and that will be enough of an advantage against a far more skilled opponent. The only hope now at this point is for Eren to wake up and go Titan again, inside of her

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
I thought they might have been banging each other in the first scene. I can just picture all the adorable titan babies!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Panzerschwein posted:

I thought they might have been banging each other in the first scene. I can just picture all the adorable titan babies!

Glad I wasn't alone in this.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo did he punch so hard his bones ripped right out of his flesh at the elbow joint when it hit the ground?!

:aaaaa: That fight.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
If that really was a roundhouse kick the author really needs some work, I had no loving idea what was going on there. Also some real crazy logic is going to have to be pulled to get the Duke bros out of this one.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Serious Frolicking posted:

No, Eren kept his mind this time. He was fully in control, and he was fighting well. It is just that the female titan was so much better than him. Aside from the armor ability, I didn't get the feeling that either of them had any physical advantage. This was all skill.

He was brawling well, but he wasn't fighting all that well. He wasn't thinking about the fight, he was thinking about how it was his fault and how much he was going to destroy the gently caress out of her. He wasn't thinking tactically and was just charging in. This is seen in him going full rage and punching things so hard it literally rips off pieces of his arms.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Nilbop posted:

If that really was a roundhouse kick the author really needs some work, I had no loving idea what was going on there. Also some real crazy logic is going to have to be pulled to get the Duke bros out of this one.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/shingeki_no_kyojin/v07/c029/32.html

Look at how she is moving here and the previous two pages are easier to understand.

The idea is that it was so fast that Eren couldn't even see it. If this was shounen, someone would narrate exactly what she did and then do a reaction shot. Here, you just have to examine the art closely.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Holy loving poo poo, what a chapter. Pages 33 and especially 34 are amazing and horrifying. :gonk:

calilco
Mar 27, 2010
Ugh, I both love and hate how the skin of Eren-Titan and Female-Titan seem to be just muscle. It definitely brings out more in the fight scenes I think (but they look like something from my nightmares).

Also, how the Female-Titan so gently and lovingly ripped Eren out then ate him was the thing that left the biggest impression on me this chapter. I think she's someone we know, or at least someone Eren knows.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
oh poo poo I bet it's his mom

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

calilco posted:

Ugh, I both love and hate how the skin of Eren-Titan and Female-Titan seem to be just muscle. It definitely brings out more in the fight scenes I think (but they look like something from my nightmares).

Also, how the Female-Titan so gently and lovingly ripped Eren out then ate him was the thing that left the biggest impression on me this chapter. I think she's someone we know, or at least someone Eren knows.

This is true. I can imagine that he'll be ok in the end because of this.

Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010
I'm guessing it's Annie. The female titan is highly competent at hand to hand combat. Figuring out who she is has kind of been the focus of the plot for a while now, so it wouldn't make sense if it was some random nobody that hadn't been revealed yet. And the thing that really makes me think it's her is she had Armen at her mercy twice but didn't kill him, but had no problems with killing anyone else.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Rakugoon posted:

oh poo poo I bet it's his mom

Denied under the Third Rule of Protagonists; you can't have parents running around gumming up the works. Also she got bit the gently caress in half.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
She got crushed to death before the titan ate her. It was not at all ambiguous.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

On the other hand, Eren's already been chewed the gently caress up.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Nilbop posted:

Denied under the Third Rule of Protagonists; you can't have parents running around gumming up the works. Also she got bit the gently caress in half.

But this manga already broke a bunch of manga rules

calilco
Mar 27, 2010

Nilbop posted:

On the other hand, Eren's already been chewed the gently caress up.

It looks more like he was swallowed whole (or just had his legs chewed off) and the grotesque looking things are parts of Eren-Titan.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

calilco posted:

It looks more like he was swallowed whole (or just had his legs chewed off) and the grotesque looking things are parts of Eren-Titan.

Half of me is still expecting next chapter to have the female titan teleport back to Dr Vegapunk's laboratory, spit Eren out into a mass of healing fluid and A SCIENTIST to come down hands on hips and be all "Eren stop gumming up our plans for a new world order or whatever."

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Most importantly, we'll learn what the intentions of the elite titan (or titans) are.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Nilbop posted:

Half of me is still expecting next chapter to have the female titan teleport back to Dr Vegapunk's laboratory, spit Eren out into a mass of healing fluid and A SCIENTIST to come down hands on hips and be all "Eren stop gumming up our plans for a new world order or whatever."

Well, his dad is still MIA.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Stupid Boob posted:

I'm guessing it's Annie. The female titan is highly competent at hand to hand combat. Figuring out who she is has kind of been the focus of the plot for a while now, so it wouldn't make sense if it was some random nobody that hadn't been revealed yet. And the thing that really makes me think it's her is she had Armen at her mercy twice but didn't kill him, but had no problems with killing anyone else.

I don't know why you are spoilering speculation based on past chapters. Anyway, I agree. Besides all you said she also spared Jean and that other guy from the graduates group. And I think Armen has an idea who it is because of when he did his little freak out to distract her by saying so-and-so is dead.

PieThief
Apr 9, 2009
Yer mother'sh a whore, Trebek!
Hammer is such a good title for this chapter. :black101:

I loved erin just yelling/screaming/shouting in the face of the female, looks so creepy.

drkhrs2020
Jul 22, 2007
In a world of endless harem crap and a creepily increasing presence of sibling/adopted sibling/adopted daughter this is surprisingly refreshing and new. Even the standard 'female childhood friend' is a far cry from the typical.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Welp, the author does know how to make a good old fight look interesting.

And, if there is something that this manga has taught me is that it always manages to avoid being predictable, which brings me to this: Since the titans are basically summoned or whatever by their "pilots" why are we all thinking that the female titan has to be controlled by a woman? why not a man?. I mean, it's extremely unlikely but more surprising/weirder stuff has already happened. Yeah, it has to be Annie

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES
That was a slobberknocker :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

A lot of people hate on the art style but while it's not the cleanest, and doesn't have exact proportions, it shows a LOT of emotion, as this chapter has proven me right. A Picture Says A Thousand Words rings true in this case.

It's all you really need.