Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

bairfanx posted:

Volumes 2 and 3 of that hardcover series have neared or passed $100 before. The omnibus isn't cheap either (but someone found an amazon fish that implied it was getting reprinted, didn't they?)

It is no fish (hopefully)

http://www.amazon.com/New-X-Men-Omnibus-Grant-Morrison/dp/0785165053/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326406767&sr=8-1

It’s interesting to note that the previous omnibus housed an incredible 1096 pages… and the reprint includes even more material, weighing in at a gigantic 1120 pages!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunzelman
Dec 26, 2007

Lord Shaper

Corbet posted:

Just got my copy of Annotated Sandman Volume #1:

It's roughly the size of a record. Not bad for $30, although it's Black and White.

Wait, so the whole volume is black and white?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

wildlele posted:

It is no fish (hopefully)

http://www.amazon.com/New-X-Men-Omnibus-Grant-Morrison/dp/0785165053/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326406767&sr=8-1

It’s interesting to note that the previous omnibus housed an incredible 1096 pages… and the reprint includes even more material, weighing in at a gigantic 1120 pages!

August is so far away...

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Kunzelman posted:

Wait, so the whole volume is black and white?
Correct.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

redbackground posted:

Correct.

Thanks for this, and actually for an unrelated reason. For some reason I have been confused for years thinking that "The Doll's House" was the start of Sandman, now I know why.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love Paul Pope's style. Anyone ever read Heavy Liquid?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Yes. It's good, but I like 100% much better.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What is it about and is it easy to find?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Love, danger, and art in a futuristic city. Kinda a slice of life set in a Blade Runner like city.

Here's the hardcover. The paperback is a couple cents cheaper...
http://www.amazon.com/100-Paul-Pope/dp/1401221335/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1326595143&sr=8-1

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You had me at Love, danger, and art in a futuristic city. Kinda a slice of life set in a Blade Runner like city.

I'll definitely check this out.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

bairfanx posted:

Anybody watching their Flex Mentallo advent calendar, I got an email from Amazon pushing it back to 3/22.

The last official Diamond release date change was the one putting it at the end of February. Given that Amazon always get their books later than the Direct Market that date sounds about right.

The latest Diamond shipping update (courtesy of the Masterworks Messagboard) says that the Batman vs. The Black Glove deluxe HC (reprinting the Batman and Son and Black Glove trades) has been cancelled and will be re-solicited at a later date.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Shameless posted:

The latest Diamond shipping update (courtesy of the Masterworks Messagboard) says that the Batman vs. The Black Glove deluxe HC (reprinting the Batman and Son and Black Glove trades) has been cancelled and will be re-solicited at a later date.

Dammit, DC, I just want to buy these issues for a third time, why won't you let me?

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

bairfanx posted:

Dammit, DC, I just want to buy these issues for a third time, why won't you let me?

Probably adding additional content?

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

wildlele posted:

Probably adding additional content?

I can't think of anything that they realistically could add. Everything else is already available in the Deluxe format (except for the Time and the Batman stuff and there'd be no chronological sense whatsoever in including that)

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

ABSOLUTE EDITION.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

^burtle posted:

ABSOLUTE EDITION.

OMNIBUS.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Glenn Danzig posted:

OMNIBUS.

Absolute, just like the Batman and Robin one.

JackDarko fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 15, 2012

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

JackDarko posted:

You see, now I'm excited for this and I can't tell if you're joking or not.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

The Missing Link posted:

You see, now I'm excited for this and I can't tell if you're joking or not.

Amazon just pushed it's release date back, makes me a bit optimistic. Don't really want Tony Daniel absolute pages, or omnibus. Although i'd deal with it seeing as how i'd get Kubert and Williams in the same absolute. I do not see an omnibus happening though.

They went with absolute for the batman and robin stuff after all.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JackDarko posted:

They went with absolute for the batman and robin stuff after all.

They did?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

JackDarko posted:

Can you link this one? I don't see it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

Can you link this one? I don't see it.

Because there isn't one. There's OSHCs but not Absolutes.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Right--I thought that a recent solicit had gone through that I had missed.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Eat it.

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/12/15/absolute-batman-robin-batman-reborn/

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Huh? Isn't Absolute Batman and Robin coming out later this year?

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/12/15/absolute-batman-robin-batman-reborn/

EDIT DAMNIT

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ahhhhh, so in 11 months there will be an Absolute.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Hey guys remember when I asked if there will be a Batman and Robin absolute a month or so ago and you all said no?

Good thing I only tracked down volume 1.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I had just assumed all of you knew about that. Sorry about that.

Me and Burts did a post about it and everything when it was announced.

http://comicpill.com/news/41/absolute-batman-and-robin-batman-reborn/

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Maaayyyyybeeee they could upgrade the Batman vs the Black Glove HC to an Absolute and then do an RIP / Return of Bruce Wayne / Time and the Batman Absolute...

Not gonna buy 'em mind you. I can barely stand Tony S! Daniel's art at regular size.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006

^burtle posted:

ABSOLUTE EDITION.

Glenn Danzig posted:

OMNIBUS.

JackDarko posted:

We all lose!

BATMAN: THE BLACK GLOVE DELUXE EDITION HC
Written by GRANT MORRISON
Art by ANDY KUBERT, J.H. WILLIAMS III, TONY S. DANIEL, JOHN VAN FLEET, RYAN BENJAMIN, JESSE DELPERDANG, JONATHAN GLAPION and SANDU FLOREA
Cover by ANDY KUBERT
Retailers: This item is resolicited. All previous orders are cancelled.
RESOLICIT • On sale JUNE 20 • 384 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $29.99 US
Comic-book legend Grant Morrison (ACTION COMICS) joins forces with top artists including Andy Kubert (FLASHPOINT), J.H. Williams III (BATWOMAN) and Tony S. Daniel (DETECTIVE COMICS) in this deluxe hardcover collecting BATMAN #655-658, 663-669 and 672-675! First, Batman receives the greatest shock of his life when he discovers that he has a son. And sparks fly when Damian is introduced to Robin, the Boy Wonder. Which young hero will carry on the legacy as Gotham City’s protector? Then, Batman and a group of global heroes face a killer on a mysterious island, and Batman relives an adventure in the life of young Bruce Wayne: the hunt for his parents’ killer.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Glenn Danzig posted:

We all lose!

BATMAN: THE BLACK GLOVE DELUXE EDITION HC
Written by GRANT MORRISON
Art by ANDY KUBERT, J.H. WILLIAMS III, TONY S. DANIEL, JOHN VAN FLEET, RYAN BENJAMIN, JESSE DELPERDANG, JONATHAN GLAPION and SANDU FLOREA
Cover by ANDY KUBERT
Retailers: This item is resolicited. All previous orders are cancelled.
RESOLICIT • On sale JUNE 20 • 384 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $29.99 US
Comic-book legend Grant Morrison (ACTION COMICS) joins forces with top artists including Andy Kubert (FLASHPOINT), J.H. Williams III (BATWOMAN) and Tony S. Daniel (DETECTIVE COMICS) in this deluxe hardcover collecting BATMAN #655-658, 663-669 and 672-675! First, Batman receives the greatest shock of his life when he discovers that he has a son. And sparks fly when Damian is introduced to Robin, the Boy Wonder. Which young hero will carry on the legacy as Gotham City’s protector? Then, Batman and a group of global heroes face a killer on a mysterious island, and Batman relives an adventure in the life of young Bruce Wayne: the hunt for his parents’ killer.

Well that's what I wanted all along, so I win! So they just changed the name? That was the reason for the re-solicit?

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Diamond shipping update from Jan 17th says the Flex HC has been pushed back to March 14th.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

New Previews listings for Marvel's April books.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/918?articleID=117329

Looks like we'll be seeing real solicits for the Remender Punisher and Secret Warriors Omnibuses

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Shameless posted:

New Previews listings for Marvel's April books.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/918?articleID=117329

Looks like we'll be seeing real solicits for the Remender Punisher and Secret Warriors Omnibuses

The Secret Warriors omnibus is the only thing on that list that I'm going to get (I'm sure the Punisher stuff will be fun for those fans). Thinking on it the last few months of solicits haven't had a lot that thrilled me...

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.
$100? Really?

I get it, it's part of your "line" of omnibuses, but drat, I'm just going to track down singles or something at that price.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

bairfanx posted:

$100? Really?

I get it, it's part of your "line" of omnibuses, but drat, I'm just going to track down singles or something at that price.

Punisher is almost 800 pages and going for $67 on amazon right now.
http://www.amazon.com/Punisher-Rick-Remender-Omnibus/dp/0785162135/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327069925&sr=8-1

Secret Warriors is 900 pages and $70 on amazon right now.
http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Warriors-Omnibus-Michael-Bendis/dp/0785163336/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1327069980&sr=1-1

The value is there. Neither of the prices is unreasonable at all.

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Terrorist is Prohibited!!!

bairfanx posted:

$100? Really?

It's 28 issues and in reality you'll pay like 60-70 dollars for it. I think it's reasonable.

edit: beaten by above :(

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

RevKrule posted:

Secret Warriors is 900 pages and $70 on amazon right now.

How big are those issues? Because 900 pages is a whole lot of filler for 28 normal-sized issues.

And you're both right, it's not that bad, I just expected it to be a $75 one for some reason (Marvel just doesn't do that anymore, do they?).

I'm spoiled by those drat Fraction Iron Man hardcovers

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

bairfanx posted:

How big are those issues? Because 900 pages is a whole lot of filler for 28 normal-sized issues.

And you're both right, it's not that bad, I just expected it to be a $75 one for some reason (Marvel just doesn't do that anymore, do they?).

I'm spoiled by those drat Fraction Iron Man hardcovers

There are also special issues and it includes the Secret Invasion issues that introduced them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

The Secret Warriors omnibus is the only thing on that list that I'm going to get (I'm sure the Punisher stuff will be fun for those fans). Thinking on it the last few months of solicits haven't had a lot that thrilled me...

I'm the same. I've got the Remender Franken-Castle OSHC and they're the only issues I'm interested in. Think I'll probably pass on Secret Warriors too, I'm finding it very hard to care about anything Marvel's doing nowadays.

Will probably get the Mantlo hulk trade but that's pretty much the only upcoming Marvel trade on my radar. Even the Premiere Classics (which I used to lap up) aren't doing anything for me anymore.