Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
The way Eren kind of lost himself for a moment was a really great scene. Because of how it was translated and the face he's making. :unsmigghh:

People may knock the art but the faces are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The top of page 17 is a perfect panel. You could not improve on it.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I like that conventional Manga wisdom would have dictated that Eren would have at least battled the female titan to a draw and/or found out some key bit about beating them, their origin or her identity before being bailed out by his remaining friends. Chapter would end with Eren going home newly appreciative of Rivale and the others and wanting to try even harder to be better and more trusting .

The reason I love this manga is because instead Oh poo poo why is this bitch better than me now why am I getting eaten oh fu-.

poo poo owns yall.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
^^^

Eren said it himself, the right time to battle the female Titan is when Rivaille was there with him. All the things you said might have happened, instead of him getting his rear end-kicked and kidnapped like this.

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

I want a rage moment where he doesn't get his rear end kicked (not all the time, just once)

But maybe I'm longing for Shonen, I'm not sure. I'm confused.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
So the smart Titan is one of the Scouting Legion people, right?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Thoren posted:

So the smart Titan is one of the Scouting Legion people, right?

Well... We don't really know yet. There is a lot of speculation in that direction and it makes a certain amount of sense but this manga has been anything but predictable so who knows?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It would be hilarious if female titan ended up being a herring and it was actually an effeminate dude.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
With tits

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Well... We don't really know yet. There is a lot of speculation in that direction and it makes a certain amount of sense but this manga has been anything but predictable so who knows?

That may happen but it would have to be someone who knows Eren is Armen's best friend and the phrase Jean uses to desribe Eren as "the guy who is in a hurry to die." I think that limits the pool of canidates.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/shingeki_no_kyojin/v05/c023/34.html

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I only just started reading this today and I'm up to chapter 10. Good lord this is good so far. Has the quality kept up the whole way through?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Oh my, yes.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It definitely has.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Awesome. I don't get into manga often or easily but this one's definitely fascinating.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
This is just ":smith:: The Manga"

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
This manga is a coruscating firework in an otherwise pedestrian night sky.

Bishop Beo
Jul 3, 2009
Will this ever take a positive turn?

InsaneZero
Feb 16, 2011

Bishop Beo posted:

Will this ever take a positive turn?

Judging from how Muv-luv Alternative is supposedly the series' main inspiration, it probably will. And then when things look like it's finally looking up it will shoot down even further into hell.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
New chapter's up.

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/30

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
This reminds me of a thing I read in Gantz once, "Humanity cannot even dream of fighting back".

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I don't know why I expected Eren seeing the kids looking up to the scouting legion to give him hope.

Unlimited despair for everyone. :smith:

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Comic still owns.

Comic still bleak as hell.

:smith:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Mikasa's look of determination and cold anger in this page was really excellent. You really can feel a sense of deep emotion boiling from inside. And as always, I love the action sequences - he's got a talent for making them seem so vivid and alive. Whoosh!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah, the author has a great ability of conveying sense of movement and speed. Im also seeing the art get cleaner with each chapter. Hopefully it continues to improve.

About the female giant, what purpose could she have with doing this? She was willing to give her life to kidnap Eren and seem pretty sad/disappointed that she failed in the end. Revaille noticed this, I wonder if the issue is going to come up in the next chapter.

Also Eren in the last few shots that was completely brutal, seeing himself in that kid, figuring out that his idea for joining was just childish naiveté, the amount of death that happened just because of him

There is just no hope in this manga :smith:

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

The Corporal remains a loving beastly warrior. Knowing this manga, that can't be permanent.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Thoughts -

At some point something is going to have to be accomplished before the weight of entropy grinds the Scouting Legion into dust. They don't seem to do anything.

There's no way that's Annie. That would be such a loving let-down if it was Annie.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Well, thatīs one loving depressing comic book, thatīs for sure.

Also, awesome.

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
:stare:

Goddamn Rivaille

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
In some of the action scenes it can be hard to tell Mikasa and Rivaille apart, but as soon as you see their eyes it's immediately obvious.

It's another month until the next chapter, isn't it?

blkmage
May 15, 2009

InsaneZero posted:

Judging from how Muv-luv Alternative is supposedly the series' main inspiration, it probably will. And then when things look like it's finally looking up it will shoot down even further into hell.
I'd wanted to ask if anyone felt like this and MLA seemed really similar, but I guess that answers my question.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Ah c'mon, it's not that bad. I mean, Eren's alive and well and so's Mikasa, Rivialle and the newbies Heroes always bounce back, right? :smith:

EDIT

Also, the way Rivialle dealt with the female titan should be the standard when dealing with intelligent Titans. Slash the poo poo out of them, retreat, let it regenerate then go in again, instead of going straight for the neck, which works against regular Titans. Of course you gotta move as fast as Rivialle so...

davidHalestorm fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 10, 2012

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
NOOOOO! NO! NO!
Releases of Shingeki no Kyojin are at the same time the best day and the worst day

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

davidHalestorm posted:

Ah c'mon, it's not that bad. I mean, Eren's alive and well and so's Mikasa, Rivialle and the newbies Heroes always bounce back, right? :smith:

They are going to end up at Eren's basement eventually so they're going to at least have some success.

Once a month isn't enough for this manga, I need more.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Simstim posted:

They are going to end up at Eren's basement eventually so they're going to at least have some success.

Once a month isn't enough for this manga, I need more.

Yes, but it will turn out that Eren's basement is the most horrible place in the world.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

Serious Frolicking posted:

Yes, but it will turn out that Eren's basement is the most horrible place in the world.

His mother hooked up to an incubator like Jenova?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Nilbop posted:

Thoughts -

At some point something is going to have to be accomplished before the weight of entropy grinds the Scouting Legion into dust. They don't seem to do anything.

There's no way that's Annie. That would be such a loving let-down if it was Annie.

It's ok, because apparently the Scouting Legion is about to be disbanded due to the massive casualties and funds sunk into this failure of a mission. A dark cloud for every silver lining!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

It's still possible that someone off-camera to identify titan-traitors hiding in the ranks.

If that sounds too hopeful, maybe one of them will get outed and try to escape from the city, killing countless innocents...but at least everyone will still understand the important of the scouting legion's mission!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Goddamn, Rivaille and Mikasa. :black101:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Mikasa could have been a really good main character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

Mikasa could have been a really good main character.

She really wouldn't. She's perfect as a foil for everybody but reading about the amazing mass-killer prodigy girl with no emotions got old years ago.