Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Nondevor posted:

"The big guy is Eglamore."

Flawless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'd so grab this if I had money to burn right now. "Nice face you have there... FOR A STUPID IDIOT. AHAHAHA."

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Actually, I was considering "Winsbury! Ten laps."

E: or "Let's not have a repeat of last night, eh?"

"I knew you'd be trouble the moment I saw you."

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jan 15, 2012

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Man, all those avatars are so good. I made this meager one for anyone who wants it, but it's nothing like the rest.

Perestroika, your Smitty-Mort stare off is going to have me giggling all night.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Olivia42 posted:

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I love Spacemonaut Kat, but I wish I had you gif whizzes around when I decided to get a Gunnerkrigg avatar so that I wouldn't have had to stumble through MS Paint to get something vaguely avatar-ish.

I'd say you did a pretty fine job, though.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

edit: wrong thread

pseudorandom name fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jan 15, 2012

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

pseudorandom name posted:

They're all awesome. Shut up.

Wrong thread, dude.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Tollymain posted:

I lay claim to this one! What would be some good av text though?

"Rest well, for tomorrow we play...dodgeball."

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

Perestroika posted:

This looks like fun! Here are a few I made from chapter 17:

This one is awesome, easily one of my most favourite moments in Gunnerkrigg. Another great avatar would be Mort greeting George Parley in the last panel from the same page

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Perestroika posted:

This looks like fun! Here are a few I made from chapter 17:

"Not a robot."

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Fragrag posted:

This one is awesome, easily one of my most favourite moments in Gunnerkrigg. Another great avatar would be Mort greeting George Parley in the last panel from the same page

Yeah I had that one in mind as well, I just didn't get the filesize low enough until now. Also a few more from the next chapter, I hope there aren't any duplicates:

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Tollymain posted:

I lay claim to this one! What would be some good av text though?

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Kismet posted:

What the heck, I may as well post this here again.

Chapter 1-5 Avatars

Oh God, to buy or not to buy that secret train thing. I do want it, and I suppose I *can* spare the cash...

Anyone got a suitable text for it?

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

Oh God, to buy or not to buy that secret train thing. I do want it, and I suppose I *can* spare the cash...

Maybe "One of life's little gifts"?

AfroSpatula
Jan 1, 2007

Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
It's an avatar you see.

V. Illych L. posted:

In little bold font, 'Very Hush Hush, You Know".

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd do this myself if I had any image manip software, but I don't. So can somebody please put a border on real quick?

E: Thanks!

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 15, 2012

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

There you are.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Success!

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Tollymain posted:

Success!

Well, you know I like it...

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Fragrag posted:

Hah, I ended up rereading this chapter (of course) and I like the comment on this page.

Also, Smitty and Parley have visibly aged just a bit since then. Tom's art is Really Good.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Here's a quick one I was inspired to make while rooting through the archives

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

MikeJF posted:

Hah, I ended up rereading this chapter (of course) and I like the comment on this page.

Also, Smitty and Parley have visibly aged just a bit since then. Tom's art is Really Good.

All the kids have visibly aged, it's not just the transition from Football Head Annie.

(That's Rugby Ball Head Annie for you Tom.)

Also I didn't really notice it till now but I like the shaded colours for when Annie's in blinker stone-space.

e: Dammit now I'm doing an archive trawl.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I'm so happy for this sudden influx of avatars. This is the best thread.

Number 169
Feb 25, 2007

Let's see if I can guess your function.

I made one (with/without border). Suggested title text: FAREWELL SPIRIT

Edit: is the filesize ok? I figured that's only really an issue with gifs (sorry no gif skills here).

Edit2: Ok I was having fun and procrastinating on housework, I made another one.

SPECTRAL BEING! DO YOU MEAN US HARM?!

Chapter 17 just keeps giving.

Number 169 fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 16, 2012

DreamtShadow
Aug 21, 2010

I'm claiming this one.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
Avatar talk aside, I just noticed the really fine sentence right next Jeanne's head in the "second" panel during their fight. This chapter also boasts the best eyebrows ever.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Phy posted:

All the kids have visibly aged, it's not just the transition from Football Head Annie.

Yeah, I know, but I didn't realise it was even visible on Smitty and Parley as well as the kids in Annie's year. It's subtle and drat impressive.

TinfoilHate
Nov 19, 2003

What the hell is wrong
with you people?

Fragrag posted:

Avatar talk aside, I just noticed the really fine sentence right next Jeanne's head in the "second" panel during their fight. This chapter also boasts the best eyebrows ever.

'A fine strike, fille'. Took me a second look to see it when I did, too.

Apparently Jeanne still appreciates a good opponent?

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Fragrag posted:

Chapter 30 is one of my favorite chapters.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
The way it starts so light and funny and all of a sudden moves to such heavy subject matter made it so much fun... No! I'm in the middle of my reread of the print versions! I can't go back and read that chapter until the chronologically appropriate time! Must resist!

On that note, I've found myself remembering, on reread, parts of my life that correspond with what was going on in Gunnerkrigg Court at the time. If that's not the sign of a classic, I don't know what is.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
I feel pretty confident that this has already been produced as a coyotar, but just in case:

Though on the off chance it hasn't been used, I might have to make a switch...i pranked hard it overflow...

(but if anybody wants it, go for it. I am terribly cheap about this sort of thing)

Zenzirouj fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 16, 2012

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Olivia42 posted:

The way it starts so light and funny and all of a sudden moves to such heavy subject matter made it so much fun... No! I'm in the middle of my reread of the print versions! I can't go back and read that chapter until the chronologically appropriate time! Must resist!

On that note, I've found myself remembering, on reread, parts of my life that correspond with what was going on in Gunnerkrigg Court at the time. If that's not the sign of a classic, I don't know what is.

I remember finding out Annie was part fire spirit in an internet cafe in South Africa.

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:

Zenzirouj posted:

I feel pretty confident that this has already been produced as a coyotar, but just in case:
Darn straight it has. (Thank you, Avatar Fairy!)

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
I am loving every single page of this chapter so far. The Foley kids seem like they were really fun to draw!

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
It's a (belated) Woodland Critter Christmas!

8-point buck kid rules.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I wish I could make my antlers come back

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Its interesting to see so many Foley kids who were just animals before they came to the court as opposed to fairies and whatnot.

Also, I really hope we get to see Shadow going all etheric this chapter.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

This chapter is fun!

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Couldn't resist:

e: Late flipped versions, since I keep forgetting to do them.

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/cY80c.jpg][/timg]

Nondevor fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Nondevor posted:

Couldn't resist: