Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Red Warrior posted:

Also the idea in it that what is funny is that one twin asks the other 'when were you going to tell me?' and the first one rings his doorbell. Haha, it's funny he's going to tell him right now, get it?! But he had already told him about it. On the phone. Immediately after getting it. Argh. I realise some people might interpret it as it is funny because he had already told him on the phone, but that's clearly not what the commercial is going for by having him ring the doorbell at that moment, in which case the joke makes no sense.

I think Consumer Celluar is aimed at the elderly and non tech savvy based just on that one commercial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonTuna
Feb 11, 2011

by angerbot

arkmedes posted:

This has probably been discussed ad nauseum, but this thread really begins and ends with the Dr. Pepper 10 commercial and it's TEN MANLY CALORIES.

That is the second unmanliest thing you did today, one more and you have to turn in your MAN CARD.

Also, Geico I know you are just trolling us now with the new WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE bullshit and gecko lost in a parking lot, never again will I use your insurance company.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

SpazmasterX posted:

I'M MEXICAN AND I'M TALKING ABOUT THIS PLACE WITH MEXICAN FOOD THAT'S WHY I USE WORDS LIKE "FAMILIA" AND "NOVELLA" BECAUSE I'M MEXICAN AND OTHER MEXICANS SHOULD EAT HERE TOO

I realize the legitimacy of using a spokesperson of the ethnicity you're targeting, but goddamn if it doesn't rub me the wrong way. It's like if KFC or Popeye's only targeted black people instead of realizing that everyone and their mum loves good fried chicken and assorted sides with biscuits.

I was basically coming in to post this. It's so painfully forced, too.

CzarStark
Dec 23, 2007

by R. Guyovich
"This is the Egg McMuffin of _____" is the worst commercial I've seen lately, with the huge Lexus "theme music" push right before Christmas coming in a close second.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

She isn't even saying the spanish words right, I think they just got some tanned italian girl and told her to say these spanish words and she just read it. Also I loving hate when media forces spanish actors to speak spanglish it sounds loving horrible and unnatural. Another also, that food looks horrible.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

SpazmasterX posted:

I don't know about you, but I always pick up a bucket before I go clubbing. :confused:

My favourite bar let you order in. Mind you, KFC doesn't deliver anymore, but there was a time. Less of a club, more of a basement dive. Dive is generous.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

angerbeet posted:

My favourite bar let you order in. Mind you, KFC doesn't deliver anymore, but there was a time. Less of a club, more of a basement dive. Dive is generous.

So it was just someone's basement? :v:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

SpazmasterX posted:

So it was just someone's basement? :v:

It was in a basement and someone owned it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

angerbeet posted:

It was in a basement and someone owned it.

I'm opening a club in my new house.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Rhyno posted:

I'm opening a club in my new house.

I'm opening one in my basement, the only drink is half-empty paint can but I'm sure it'll do something cool to your brain.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Prof. Spaceman posted:

I'm opening one in my basement, the only drink is half-empty paint can but I'm sure it'll do something cool to your brain.

I have 4 bottles of urine I can add to your bar stock.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAQjF5RPgbg&sns=em

I just saw this about half an hour ago. I can't decide if its real or someone screwed up and released an April Fools joke too early.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

:stare:

Did.. did he just say shedding pussy?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh god, there's a new Sun Drop commercial and its worse than the original.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

jabro posted:

I just saw this about half an hour ago. I can't decide if its real or someone screwed up and released an April Fools joke too early.

It actually sounds like someone doing a bad Vince Offer impersonation, but that's just him.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

jabro posted:

I have to admit I laughed out loud at him prepping for his mug shot. Hey Vince, can Schticky clean up the blood from the hooker you just beat to death?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Caught that Schticky commercial yesterday, I was surprised they went with Vince, then I saw the mug shot bit, which I guess makes it okay to use him(?) I dunno.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Teek posted:

Caught that Schticky commercial yesterday, I was surprised they went with Vince, then I saw the mug shot bit, which I guess makes it okay to use him(?) I dunno.

Well, I'm pretty sure he owns the company that makes the products he shills for, so I don't know why he wouldn't "go" with himself.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Vince owns and I will not hear otherwise.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
The Carnival commercial with the couple screaming as wild animals paw at their car is the most obnoxious thing. Nothing should be sold via screaming, ever.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

CzarStark posted:

"This is the Egg McMuffin of _____" is the worst commercial I've seen lately, with the huge Lexus "theme music" push right before Christmas coming in a close second.

The Lexus one was retarded. Seriously, who actually recognizes that music? JUST PUT THE KEYS IN A CARD AND HAND IT OVER, SHITWIT.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

angerbeet posted:

KFC and Taco Bell (I know they're owned by the same company) are essentially running the same ad now. Bring KFC/Taco Bell to your friend's party! You'll be a total hit!

I haven't been to a party where everyone was excited for fast food ever. You go get fast food after the party. You're not hitting on a girl after just eating a bean burrito.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Meltathon posted:

KFC and Taco Bell (I know they're owned by the same company) are essentially running the same ad now. Bring KFC/Taco Bell to your friend's party! You'll be a total hit!

I haven't been to a party where everyone was excited for fast food ever. You go get fast food after the party. You're not hitting on a girl after just eating a bean burrito.

Yeah, it's always irritated me when someone brings fast food to a potluck style anything. It just reeks of "oh poo poo, I'm on the way out the door and was too lazy to cook anything, quickly to KFC!"

Of course this probably stems from my days in Boyscouts when we'd have a potluck event where a good 50% of what was brought was from KFC. 80% of that was from the troop leaders and various other organizers of such events.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Meltathon posted:

To be fair, I was once at a party where somebody's wife showed up with like $50 worth of Wendy's dollar menu sandwiches, and that was actually pretty loving cool.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I have an aunt that shows up to stuff like that with Chick-Fil-A popcorn chicken platters, and they are usualy the highlight of the whole thing because everyone else brings pasta salad.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Buzkashi posted:

Nothing should be sold via screaming, ever.

TERRY CREWS DISAGREES WITH YOU

E: Hell yeah new one

DJExile fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 17, 2012

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Haerc posted:

The Lexus one was retarded. Seriously, who actually recognizes that music? JUST PUT THE KEYS IN A CARD AND HAND IT OVER, SHITWIT.

Also, why do you need a fancy, clever way to give someone a car for Christmas? If you're going to do that, just be upfront about it. "Hey, I got you a Lexus for Christmas." Nobody will complain about your lack of originality.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Meltathon posted:

I don't know if they still do it, but there was a time in the 2000s where Pepsi started consolidating their fast food properties into single buildings as well as single commercials. I remember seeing quite a few KFC/Taco Bells and even a KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut once. I think there were a few KFC's combined with Long John Silver's too.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

raditts posted:

I don't know if they still do it, but there was a time in the 2000s where Pepsi started consolidating their fast food properties into single buildings as well as single commercials. I remember seeing quite a few KFC/Taco Bells and even a KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut once. I think there were a few KFC's combined with Long John Silver's too.

It's interesting...I've seen lots of KFC/Taco Bells, a few KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Huts, a Taco Bell/Long John Silvers, and maybe even a KFC/Long John Silvers, but never all four...:iiam:

Would that just be too may different ingredients/pieces of specialized "cooking" equipment for one place to handle? I just want a P'Zone stuffed with popcorn chicken, popcorn shrimp, and a chalupa...is that so much to ask?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

raditts posted:

We have a A&W/Captain D's where I live still, and a Taco Bell/Pizza Hut but I don't know if that one is still there anymore or if its just Taco Bell. But you could order pan pizzas in the drivethrough along with tacos and whatever.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

raditts posted:

There's an A&W/Long John Silvers near where I used to live in Southern Indiana. It was actually a pretty sweet combination.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I've never seen a three-fer, but those doubles of pretty much every combination are still over. There's a KFC/Taco Bell in Penn Station, NYC, even.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Vicas posted:

I've never seen a three-fer, but those doubles of pretty much every combination are still over. There's a KFC/Taco Bell in Penn Station, NYC, even.

The only three franchise store I'm aware of is the one down the street from Yum's HQ in Dallas, used to work right down the street from it and it was awesome.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
We used to have an A&W/KFC near here, but now it's just a KFC. I want a frosty root beer with my chicken drat it!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Polaron posted:

There's an A&W/Long John Silvers near where I used to live in Southern Indiana. It was actually a pretty sweet combination.

Yeah, they have one of those in my area too and its nice to get a good frosty mug of root beer with my chicken.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Buzkashi posted:

To be fair, I was once at a party where somebody's wife showed up with like $50 worth of Wendy's dollar menu sandwiches, and that was actually pretty loving cool.

This and tailgating platters from Raising Cane's kick enormous amounts of rear end.

Quodio Stotes
Aug 8, 2010

by angerbot
Why does the new trailer for Red Tails have dubstep blaring over it? I know when I think about black WW2 air aces I think about thumping dubstep.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Quodio Stotes posted:

Why does the new trailer for Red Tails have dubstep blaring over it? I know when I think about black WW2 air aces I think about thumping dubstep.

I'm still not entirely sure what the gently caress dubstep is.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Even if you hate Tim and Eric, you have to admit that sometimes their format works for commercials. They did a good job with those Old Spice ads, and that new one establishes two very important things:

1) I will lose my poo poo whenever presented with someone trying to talk after their mind has been blown.
2) JEEZUS gently caress, TERRY CREWS, YOU ARE WAY TOO RIPPED.

Quodio Stotes posted:

Dubstep doesn't thump, it goes "bwuhhhhh bwuhbwuhbwuhbwuuuhhhhh". Also 99% of it is loving horrid. That new Skrillex song they're playing on the radio has an amazing melodic hook that really only starts playing in earnest at the very end.

SamBishop fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quodio Stotes
Aug 8, 2010

by angerbot

SamBishop posted:

Dubstep doesn't thump, it goes "bwuhhhhh bwuhbwuhbwuhbwuuuhhhhh". Also 99% of it is loving horrid. That new Skrillex song they're playing on the radio has an amazing melodic hook that really only starts playing in earnest at the very end.

Yea your right. It was definately dubstep I just got the onomatopoeia wrong. To the guy wondering what dubstep is. type in skrillex, bassnectar, or dubstep into youtube. Dont get me wrong I like my dubstep but it has a time and a place.