Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

Niemat posted:

Awwww, thanks! :3:

I hope this thread doesn't get closed down either. :( Maybe we can make the case that we're the all year round, hard core snail-mail goons who need a separate thread...? :black101:

For goonmail! :black101:

Also, gosh I'm excited for Goonentines!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Niemat posted:

Awwww, thanks! :3:

I hope this thread doesn't get closed down either. :( Maybe we can make the case that we're the all year round, hard core snail-mail goons who need a separate thread...? :black101:

Agreed. I was expecting this thread to move forward with Valentines, a few of us were ready to proceed. I bought some Valentines yesterday and was going to print out a copy of the address list. The purpose of this thread was to cover all the holidays and keep things organized rather than have a bunch of threads all over the place. I am not going to abandon it. :glomp:

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
I always forget the word "Omnibus" is in this thread's title. I'll be buying some Valentines either this weekend or next. Before I started posting in threads like these, February 14th always sucked hard. But now, I have something to look forward to. I wish there was going to be a gift exchange, but I'll get over it.

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004
Picked out an assortment of Valentine's goodies, and am ready to spread some Goon love!

Keetron: If you are still doing requests, I'd like to see your interpretation of a grindhouse Cupid. I will gladly draw you something in exchange (if you have a theme in mind, just let me know). :3:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

13Pandora13 posted:

Okay I just fired off 25 letters including 2 internationals. :neckbeard:

I got your Valentine yesterday! I loved Razzles when I was a kid- I had no idea they still made them.

I'll send yours Monday when I get to work :glomp:

Andaley
Apr 7, 2011

This is my life right now. Yay Valentine's Day!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Pillory Soft posted:

Picked out an assortment of Valentine's goodies, and am ready to spread some Goon love!

Keetron: If you are still doing requests, I'd like to see your interpretation of a grindhouse Cupid. I will gladly draw you something in exchange (if you have a theme in mind, just let me know). :3:

You are actually first on the list now, I sketched, inked and put the address the others, most are colored and some are already out. Trying to find the best medium at the moment and I have very little time to myself currently.
Also I have no idea what a grindhouse cupid should look like, so I am grateful for the request as it will learn me something. All mail is welcome by the way, hand drawn or not.

Which reminds me to thank Jendawn13 and Fluffy Bunnies for the mail!

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
I always choose random people from these lists and send things when I feel the impulse -- but I never actually put a return address simply because it always seems to happen right before I move someplace new (last year I sent those cards with the homemade construction paper hand turkeys for Valentines Day). Now I have a PO Box.

PO Box 4830
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762

If you get anything with that postmark on it in the next couple weeks, it probably came from me.

Hemlock
Jan 17, 2006
Waffle.
My camera went walkies for a week so this is overdue (again!) but last Friday and Saturday I got two more lovely Christmas cards.

Firstly, an envelope from Jendawn13- I love those Christmassey stamps!

Since I have a bit of a phobia of all things eye-trauma-related I am just going to avoid reading the copy on the front and skip straight to...

Mr. Happy Happy Gingerbreadman! All ill-thoughts are banished and joy reigns! Thank you Jendawn! :)

My beloved feline pets have sadly all died, so I was filled with joy to receive a late Catmas from Apostate .

Thank you! I hope you had a nice Christmas in the North!

---

I’ve dug out lots of Valentine’s cards this evening so will try and get some written tomorrow to send off next week.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

I thought this might be of interest to you fellow mailgoons:

http://riowang.blogspot.com/2011/12/language-of-stamps.html

You may have been sending secret love messages all this time without even knowing it!

Party Spock
Feb 16, 2011

Everybody have a logical time
A belated thank you to Jendawn13, Apostate,Hemlock, Lord Wombat and Team Lunch for their kickin' rad Christmas cards!

I'm sorry if I missed anyone out. I put my cards up in the living room with everyone else's and came down one morning to find that my mum had put the whole lot in the recycling :argh: I hope I managed to recover them all...

Humphrey
Feb 27, 2009

Ooh this is awesome! I love old-school mail!

Seeing as most of ye goons here are from the nations, and I live in the cold mountains of scandinavia it'll take some time for the post to arrive here! Therefore, I put my info up here now so that the post has time to arrive in time for whatever occasion you choose to send it!

Adress:
Thor (be the last name, is enough for them to know who it's for)
c/o Lidin
Trollebergsvägen 34 A
227 31 Lund
Sweden

I'm 20, studying physics at Lund University, if it helps spark your imagination!

wildlifeatlas
Jun 25, 2010
Thankyou to everyone who sent me a card over the holidays! If you included a return address, I sent out replies last week so you should be getting them soon. I'll send out some Valentine's cards this week.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

lamb posted:

You may have been sending secret love messages all this time without even knowing it!

I liked Bruce Schneiders' response to it:

Bruce Schneider posted:

The history of coded messages in postage-stamp placement. I wonder how prevalent this actually was. My guess is that it was more a clever idea than an actual signaling system. And I notice that a lot of the code systems don't have a placement that indicates "no message; this is just a stamp."

It gave me the feeling of the pre-modern equivalent of quizzes in teen-age magazines that will tell you whether or not your current crush is into you or if you are a Romantic or a Pragmatic when drinking soda.

Pennington
Nov 8, 2010

I deduce that this caterpillar is indeed very hungry.
I'd like to sign up. Gonna send out a few letters over the next couple of days.

I'm a 22 year old female goon, just finished studying Philosophy at university and I like pro wrestling. I'm not particularly crafty but reckon I'll dust off the origami books for this.

Hazel
3 Coleridge Place,
Goose Green,
Wigan,
Lancashire,
Wn3 6qg.
England.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Andaley posted:

This is my life right now. Yay Valentine's Day!

Those are so cute! The storebought Valentines I got as a kid were never this cool.

These bring back so many grade school memories! I once got in trouble 'cause I didn't bring Valentines for everyone in my class, I only brought them for my friends.

I wonder if they still enforce that...

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004

lamb posted:

Pretty neat stuff. :) If any of my stamps have been stuck on crooked, it probably meant "Man, I really need to cut down on the coffee..." or "Ugh, allergies!".

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

I wish I hadn't already prepared my Valentines. You would all be getting these:

I love Bea Arthur.

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
I know this is really late to bring up Christmas cards, but I've been out of my apartment since the 24th and was greeted by a box full of goonmail!

Big thanks to SmugMug, JadedHula, Jimmie, Thepitgoddess, 20inch, Dangeruse & Count Drunkula, GonzoRonin, Comrade Koba, FAHQ, Molten Llama, Commander Coffee, 1337 haxxor pirate, J Purvis, KittenKisses, Cardboard Robot, Thermophonic Joy, and North of Gravity!

SO MANY GREAT THINGS!! I'm going to try and hang them all up tomorrow and take a final picture.

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat
It's way late but thank you to everyone who sent me Christmas cards. Unfortunately my wife didn't think it was as fun as I did to receive mail from 'strange people on the internet.' The notepad that I had written specific names on has been packed away in a box so I can't name anyone specifically but I got about 10 and it was very awesome.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Thank you wildlifeatlas for the adorable puppy/kitty party invite! I'm so down for that party. :woop:

My camera is MIA right now, so I'll edit in a picture when I find it.

Andaley
Apr 7, 2011

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Those are so cute! The storebought Valentines I got as a kid were never this cool.

I know! That's exactly what I was telling my boyfriend - we were both standing in the aisle deciding what would be appropriate. There are ones with paper planes, red text decoders, window clings and on and on. I was lucky if I got plain ones with a recognizable character on them when I was little.

Settled on these flower ones because they come with ring tattoos! I almost bought Highlights magazines ones (with the classic hidden object pictures), as that would tie into one of my jobs as a reviewer of such games, but they simply didn't contain enough pink for my liking! Haha

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

I am a little late sending some things out because of a move, but finally have some stuff ready to send. I am not impressed by my local shops selection of valentines, it seems like they all have about 10 different kinds, tops.

Also I have a new address:

EXPUNGED

ohnobugs fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 17, 2013

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Andaley posted:

I was lucky if I got plain ones with a recognizable character on them when I was little.

I distinctly remember always getting these Valentines that came all on one page, and you had to punch out the perforations... They were mostly animals, and people who looked like Betty Boop? I wonder if they still sell those. They were definitely the default cheapy Valentines. My mum was a bit of a miser. Anyways, nothing as nice as ring tattoos! I would so wear that!

Edit: Had no idea what Highlights was, so I googled it and holy crap! Thanks for returning some of my forgotten childhood to me!

AuntBuck posted:

Kathleen S.
404 Rainbow Ct SE Apt B
Albuquerque NM 87123

Phew! Glad I waited to send mine out until closer to February! :buddy:

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jan 17, 2012

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
I was productive with my insomnia for a change. I just spent the last couple of hours or so folding things. You know what that means! :dance:
I'm hoping to get my valentines cards together and out by the end of the week. Hopefully sooner.

Now I know I told you guys about those extreme connect the dots, well I think I'm going to wait to send those out. So those will most likely go out in my next batch of cards which won't be holiday related. But don't worry. Those that already said they wanted one will still get theirs (I've written your names down). It just means more mail to look forward to later! If anyone else hasn't piped up about wanting one do so now so I can add you to the list for the future.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

AuntBuck posted:

I've updated the list with your new address, and I've added all of the newcomers:
http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.html

Andaley posted:

There are ones with paper planes, red text decoders, window clings and on and on. I was lucky if I got plain ones with a recognizable character on them when I was little.

I know! I was at Target over the weekend and they had Justin Bieber Valentine's Day cards. When I was a kid, all they had was trains (for boys) and bunnies (for girls).

On a side note, if anyone comes across Big Time Rush Valentines, please let me know where. I've seen iCarly, Victorious, Jonas Brothers, even High School Musical (is that even on?) but no Big Time Rush. Which would not be for me. It's for, um, my niece. Yeah. My niece.

lamb fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 18, 2012

SuzieMcAwesome
Jul 27, 2011

A lady should be two things, Classy and fabulous. Unfortunately, you my dear are neither.

cardboardRobot posted:

If anyone else hasn't piped up about wanting one do so now so I can add you to the list for the future.

I totally want one of these when they are ready!!!! It sounds amazing!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

cardboardRobot posted:

Now I know I told you guys about those extreme connect the dots, well I think I'm going to wait to send those out. So those will most likely go out in my next batch of cards which won't be holiday related. But don't worry. Those that already said they wanted one will still get theirs (I've written your names down). It just means more mail to look forward to later! If anyone else hasn't piped up about wanting one do so now so I can add you to the list for the future.

I'd like one please.

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"
So, I checked my post office box a few days after Christmas, and since there was nothing there, I thought it was all over for me. :ohdear:

I checked back yesterday, and discovered a trove of latecomers!

Wuntnor sent me an adorable cat card all the way from Deutschland, replete with activity pages (one is an envelope you fold yourself!) and Haribo Gold Bears (not pictured - they are in my belly). Haribo Gold Bears are the superior gummi candy and all other gummis must bow to them and submit to their gummi masters. Thank you, Wuntnor!

Next up we have a sweet little hamster card from jadedhula containing happy holiday wishes. You have lovely handwriting, and I'm incredibly jealous. The card's adorable. Thank you, jadedhula!

And then there's Dangereuse and Count Drunkula with a classic Santa card, which had a beautifully rendered seven-point Star of David inside. Also contained within is a neato card that evidently came with a laptop bag (Jump the Queue? Silly Aussies - it's called a line!), a page of zen poetry, and what appears to be home-printed Hello Kitty tattoos (not pictured, because I didn't find them until after I took the photo). Thank you, Dangereuse and Count Drunkula!

After that we have a fun card from Pillory Soft that managed to excite and disappoint me all at the same time. I was sad that it didn't come with wine, but very happy that you enjoyed it yourself. The little drunken SASSmas guy is awesome (someone make it into a thing!) . Pony coloring pages, WoW cards, Christmas stickers and tattoos! I'm going to be tattooed all up. So much fun! Thank you, Pillory Soft!

But wait! There's more!

A wonderful happy snowman card from Mysa! Mysa, I love me some happy snowmen, and that's about the happiest I've seen in a while. So cute! Thank you, Mysa!

Team Lunch. You sent me :byodame: Batman, and therefore you shall ever be in my favor. Then there's the Christmas trivia cards (great minds think alike!), stickers, gigantor paper clip, flowers, and sailboat stencil! Between you, Pillory Soft and Wuntnor I'm going to have a lot to do at my boring office today! Thank you so much, Team Lunch!

And finally, a really pretty glittery card all the way from one of my favorite places on Earth, Nova Scotia, from Slightly Used Cake (god, I love that name), Cthulhuite and Socks the Dog. I spent two weeks in Nova Scotia and PEI right after college, and loved it there. Can't wait to go back! I demand photos of said dog! You can't mention a pet and not provide! Thank you, Slightly Used Cake, Cthulhuite and Socks the Dog!

:byodame: I also got my first Valentine!

Thank you, 13Pandora13. Hermione. :swoon: PS, those Razzles are awesome. Where in the world do you find them? I love bizarre candy, and that one's new to me. Thanks for the goon love, 13Pandora13!

That's it for now. I can't wait to start working on my Valentines. Gonna explode, I think.

Edit: Formatting issue.

Rufus En Fuego fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 17, 2012

mysa09
May 28, 2010

There ya go Lamb

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

mysa09 posted:

There ya go Lamb
Awesome. Where did you see those?

lamb fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 18, 2012

Drei
Feb 23, 2006

she's incredible math
Holy crap wwc, thank you for the gorgeous card! I love peacocks, and the fake Canada money made me nostalgic for my university days.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

nm

Tragedy Sherbert
Dec 16, 2011
The tragedy is it's not ice cream
Lamb, if they have Acmes in your part of NJ, it might be a good idea to check there for the Big Time Rush valentine's as that's where I spotted them while I was out today. :)

mysa09
May 28, 2010

lamb posted:

Awesome. Where did you see those?

Walmart for $2.50.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
I hope everyone is excited for Sherlock valentines that I am going to draw myself :D

vegemitesandwhich
Nov 17, 2005
DiRt-y Girl
Hi goonmailers! I was just doing up Valentine's from the other thread, and noticed the link to this. I want to get in on more awesome goonmail action. I have lots of cards to send!!!

I can be reached at:

12026 76 St NW
Edmonton, AB
T5B 2C8
Canada

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
I think I remember sending you mail last year, vegemite. Welcome back! :)

Drei posted:

Holy crap wwc, thank you for the gorgeous card! I love peacocks, and the fake Canada money made me nostalgic for my university days.

Yay! Glad you liked it. The peacocks are a bit over the top, but I think they're nice in a fabulous sort of way. FABulous.

The mail lady is not dealing with the weather very well, and she's skipped our building entirely a couple of times. But, I did get a really lovely mail from my nearly-neighbour buddy Famine Poodle. Thank you, you made my day! I was wondering if you had seen some of my posts around the forums, because the lava lamp sticker was very topical, I'd been posting about them in another thread somewhere. I was tickled and I love that sticker! Thanks again :wooper:

I guess I better get to it and start sending out some Valentines... It's getting drat close to February! I got lazy for a couple of weeks after the xmas rush. The last xmas cards I got will be reciprocated as Valentines, which I'm sure nobody will protest too much. :love: (<--- it beats! eek!)

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 18, 2012

SlimeSanction
Oct 21, 2008
I'll be sending out 5 cards tomorrow for Fluffy Bunnies, Drei, Hypothetical Mcgee, IMJack, and Team Lunch

I still have to make thank you cards for Lamb, Jaded Hula, and Mysa. I'm hoping to send out valentines on Feb 1st, so they'll arrive on time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Wasn't there someone's birthday near Vday?