Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rkl
Jan 8, 2012

Don't give me a jerkoff handjob.

krysmopompas posted:

25k for a Civic that was clearly vandalized by the mentally handicapped?

I don't have any use for it. What? Who doesn't want to be a rolling billboard for a screamo band? Outrageous.

rkl fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

krysmopompas posted:

25k for a Civic that was clearly vandalized by the mentally handicapped?

Get rid of that stupid paramore bullshit and leave the :krad: orange rippled paint job, I'd drive the poo poo out of it.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
It's probably all vinyl, but a 2012 Si Coupe starts at like under $23k. I wonder what all suspension stuff it has that makes him think it's worth $44k.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

rkl posted:

I don't have any use for it. What? Who doesn't want to be a rolling billboard for a screamo band? Outrageous.

It's a manual transmission so like 95% of the population?

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

Unicorns bite, but their bites feel GOOD.
That car is the automotive equivalent of a "Kick Me" sign.

And Paramore is as much a screamo band as U2. This is screamo.

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi

Lowclock posted:

It's probably all vinyl, but a 2012 Si Coupe starts at like under $23k. I wonder what all suspension stuff it has that makes him think it's worth $44k.
I'm betting that's what the stated value of the car was when he was taxed for it.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

krysmopompas posted:

I'm betting that's what the stated value of the car was when he was taxed for it.

Maybe he bought it from the same dealer as the $40k Altima from a few years back.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I really hope that paramore civic winner didn't pay taxes on a $44k car...

rkl
Jan 8, 2012

Megiddo posted:

That car is the automotive equivalent of a "Kick Me" sign.

And Paramore is as much a screamo band as U2. This is screamo.

I was prepared to offer a snarky reply but you linked me to Orchid. Neverthless, I think this is the wrong forum for this discussion. :P

rkl
Jan 8, 2012

I'm not much for the paint job, but everything else looks solid, although I'm kind of worried that there are no interior shots. If anyone here is an "expert" with Novas... is there anything special I should look for in terms of known problems?

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Sockington posted:

Maybe he bought it from the same dealer as the $40k Altima from a few years back.

A $40k+ lease on an Altima.

That one easily makes my short list of best SA threads in the time I've been here.

mao the dong
Dec 25, 2011

by Fistgrrl
I know it's not craigslist, but holy loving poo poo:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/85-Toyota-Corolla-GTS-/180793921968?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a182851b0#ht_500wt_1182

12k for a 27 year old rustbucket, ratty rear end Corolla with nearly 200K?

He couldn't even be bothered to take decent pictures of the thing, either. No way in gently caress does being in an anime make that car worth even a fraction of that. If someone buys that thing at that price, I will never have faith in humanity again.

mao the dong fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jan 17, 2012

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

mao the dong posted:

12k for a 27 year old rustbucket, ratty rear end Corolla with nearly 200K?

God drat, that's some delusional poo poo. If the roof's in that condition, imagine the poor undercarriage. :cry:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Method Loser posted:

God drat, that's some delusional poo poo. If the roof's in that condition, imagine the poor undercarriage. :cry:

It's San Francisco, they wouldn't rust that badly there. The roof is just surface rust, nothing bad.

However, there is no way I'd spend $12k on that. Not even $1.2k.

Plus the seller has no selling/buying history.

rkl
Jan 8, 2012

Maybe he believes that intact TURBO stickers are worth $11k

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

You Am I posted:

It's San Francisco, they wouldn't rust that badly there. The roof is just surface rust, nothing bad.

However, there is no way I'd spend $12k on that. Not even $1.2k.

Plus the seller has no selling/buying history.

Fair enough. Still, for 12k, poo poo better be concours-quality if we're talking 80s econobox. And have some good engine/suspension/something work done to it, because drat. Pretty sure that's over MSRP for that car, as-new.

Now, I looked, and yeah, several thousand over MSRP. Maybe he hosed up the decimal, because if not, poo poo.

Sex Weirdo
Jul 24, 2007

I laughed.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
You see, this is what happens when you debadge cars. Eventually an idiot will own it and do something like that. THINK OF THE IDIOTS!

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Method Loser posted:

I've seen some nasty AE86 floor pans (the current donor - received it as-is). :cry:

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Yeah that's 80s Toyota for you. Not that Honda or Nissan or Mitsubishi were any better back then.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
I uh... Well this guy did a thing to a car. It was at most a 24-26k car.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
Out of that whole thing, the part that offends me most is "compasator".

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
God damnit, someone hosed up a perfectly nice super rare Solstice turbo coupe: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2796889028.html

I think there's only something like ~300/1100 of them that were the turbo GXP model. What a shame.

Also, $70k for that? I wonder how much meth the owner is on.

mod sassinator fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 19, 2012

Monstertruck
Aug 13, 2011

mod sassinator posted:

God damnit, someone hosed up a perfectly nice super rare Solstice turbo coupe: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2796889028.html

I think there's only something like ~300/1100 of them that were the turbo GXP model. What a shame.

He is only asking $50k over private party bluebook. I think that is reasonable for some gaudy chrome rims, skull/cobra hood and a ballin' rear end shifter.

Monstertruck
Aug 13, 2011

Aceshighxxx posted:

I laughed.

I was guessing that he meant SI FI...then I read it out loud.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001
It is one thing to ruin a GXP of a Civic SI with tacky body work and awful paint.
But doing that to a 250GTE, well that should be a felony. I assume it is already a mortal sin.

Behold! Look into the face of HORROR.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1962...=item337088a47f

How does someone with that level of bondo skill even get hold of a car like this?
Still, even at that price, it is sorta tempting to fantasize about buying it and slowly righting the wrongs while you drive it. Given how poo poo most of the work is, it might even be possible to knock most of it off with a hammer.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I wouldnt change a goddamn thing.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
In love.
http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/2802052192.html

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

mod sassinator posted:

It's Everett. He is on all the meth.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Dr 14 INCH DICK Md posted:

I wouldnt change a goddamn thing.

That is so awesome. It would be worth the 15K just to drive that thing to a Ferrari car club show and show them how to properly own a Ferrari.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
If I couldn't see it in the side view mirrors, they stay. Time spent fixing it is less time driving it.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Elephanthead posted:

That is so awesome. It would be worth the 15K just to drive that thing to a Ferrari car club show and show them how to properly own a Ferrari.

Look, I love rat rodded high end cars as much as the next person, but holy poo poo, did you see the snorkly intake on the fron end? AND the RSR style intakes, this crossed the line from funny and is well into sad territory.

Edit: gently caress it. I am going to bid on it.

Tai-Pan fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 19, 2012

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Tai-Pan posted:

It is one thing to ruin a GXP of a Civic SI with tacky body work and awful paint.
But doing that to a 250GTE, well that should be a felony. I assume it is already a mortal sin.

Behold! Look into the face of HORROR.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1962...=item337088a47f

How does someone with that level of bondo skill even get hold of a car like this?
Still, even at that price, it is sorta tempting to fantasize about buying it and slowly righting the wrongs while you drive it. Given how poo poo most of the work is, it might even be possible to knock most of it off with a hammer.

And once you get past the bondo, it's not like the chevy motor and TH400 auto are anything special, either.

Hermaphrodite
Oct 2, 2004

Luckily, I CAN go fuck myself!
With a front mounted distributor that's not a Chevy engine, looks to me like either a Caddy or Buick V8.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Hermaphrodite posted:

With a front mounted distributor that's not a Chevy engine, looks to me like either a Caddy or Buick V8.

Or a Ford V8...

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Hermaphrodite posted:

That's what I get for blindly believing the seller...

I'd say Cadillac 472 family, based on firing order.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

joat mon posted:

That's what I get for blindly believing the seller...

Thinks its a Cadillac rear end on there?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Want a Ford GT? This e-bay seller has 15 never-driven units to choose from.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160719199170&ih=006&category=116478&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1#ht_500wt_1182

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Holy poo poo, I'll have the Gulf paint scheme plz.

If only I could win the lottery :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Not to detract from that amazing collection, but here is an example of how to alienate half of your potential buyer pool:

gmc swb truck (texas)