Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Multiupload is down!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Don't panic. They still resolve and ping and there's nothing on the news sites. They probably got hit with traffic like a freight train after megaupload went down and it finally snapped their server in two. They'll probably be back soon enough.

Edit: It's back but it's running really slow. Hope this doesn't affect any episodes that may get released this weekend...

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 21, 2012

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Got contacted by the producer again; all I can say is I'm looking forward to the upcoming live broadcast very much now.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Got contacted by the producer again; all I can say is I'm looking forward to the upcoming live broadcast very much now.

Have you finally realised your dream of being cast in GameCenter SEX?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

They're playing some kind of lobster game for the live challenge?

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

zari-gani posted:

When is iiiiiit

Also you are now obliged to record the entire thing. All of it. No matter how many hours.

ALL
OF
IT

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

zari-gani posted:

They're flying your rear end out there to confront you on live TV about fansubbing aren't they? Expose you to the world and then force you to beat the Quest of Ki on a side stage.

Really though; I just spent the last 3 weeks reading the last thread and catching up on this one, and between the KOTAK blow up and following diffusional, Abe's reaction to the art, over a hundred people more than expected showing up for the America fan interaction, and the inclusion of like 10 goons on TV/3 in the book, I'd say that this thread has had more influence than Kotaku in getting GCCX known in the English speaking world.

About the last episode though, did anyone else think it was strange that they never mentioned any similarity between Flashback and Out of This World? I think Arino mentioned something about glowing orbs at one point but that seemed like it. I was super excited for this episode, having never played either of these games and being a fan of the genre. Arino playing Adventure games makes for a way more engaging episode than one would expect, what with there being no real threat of restart.

It almost makes me think that an episode where he played Dragon Quest I would work, but I'm sure that they haven't done it as a challenge because Arino has probably played it (and likely since starting the show, for that matter) and would be able to just walk right through it. The first DQ could be beaten in a day if you know what you are doing, and god knows Japan knows what they are doing when it comes to playing Dragon Quest.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

zari-gani posted:

Ganbare ganbare~

I'm so jealous

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Mayor McCheese posted:

Yeah, I'm feeling you. I personally thought Arino looked tired throughout the episode excluding the segments. I just attributed it towards the pacing of the game itself, though.

Speaking of the segments, I like to think I have a pretty open mind when it comes to the food Arino eats and sometimes even crave it (53 Stations, Cafes, that Ramen Noodle Machine); however, those egg wrapped noodles with a side of red beans to drink for dessert -- no thanks. When he opened the egg: :can:

The red beans looked horrfying to me (but I dislike beans). But the egg noodles looked so delicious, I wanted them. :(

Super_C
Jan 11, 2012
Is anyone else having a really slow download time from multiupload?

Super_C fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 21, 2012

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Can't wait to see what this is about.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Sorry if this was already discussed, but I just watched the Super Mario Crossover 2.0 trailer (which has been out for a few weeks now) and saw something that might interest the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE1K9yNDNA8
Skip to about 2:50 and about 3:05 if you're impatient and/or don't want to see how awesome this is looking.

Obeast fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 22, 2012

Goldwarf
May 24, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Obeast posted:

Sorry if this was already discussed, but I just watched the Super Mario Crossover 2.0 trailer (which has been out for a few weeks now) and saw something that might interest the thread.

Skip to about 2:50 and about 3:05 if you're impatient and/or don't want to see how awesome this is looking.

It's like the worst parts of every ROM hack ever made all rolled into one.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Goldwarf posted:

I'm sorry but Super Mario Bros. Crossover actually owns. A lot.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Obeast posted:

I had read about this. Haggleman is really easy to mistake for Ryu. I also didn't realize they were putting levels in from Super Demon Returns; I thought it was just going to be the character.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Goldwarf posted:

I'm sorry, but this is a far better thing than the lazy sprite-swaps you're thinking of; and a thing that's taking an awful lot of effort for a free flash game.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Goldwarf posted:

It's always amazing to see posts as wrong as this one.

Joctan
Sep 2, 2011
To compare Super mario crossover with a simple rom hack is so wrong in so many levels...

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

Joctan posted:

To compare Super mario crossover with a simple rom hack is so wrong in so many levels...
This. Aside from "Mario vs. Airman", which is a one level Mario 1 romhack that takes place in Airman's stage in Mega Man 2, I imagine most "crossover" hacks are pretty lovely. I kinda wish that the guy who made it could make a full rom of the game so people could play it in any emulator (which would be really good for people with softmodded Wiis), or put it on a PowerPak or reproduction cart to play it on an actual NES.

Edit: For anyone who enjoyed Mario Crossover, there's also the recently released Abobo's Big Adventure, which is really well done and actually pretty tough.

Obeast fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jan 22, 2012

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Having Arino's Challenge characters does seem to put this one a step above Mushroom Kingdom Fusion...

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004

Obeast posted:

Edit: For anyone who enjoyed Mario Crossover, there's also the recently released Abobo's Big Adventure, which is really well done and actually pretty tough.

I've been stuck on the last level of this for a few days. The swap of where the player character and enemy normally are is completely throwing me off.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I just happened on the Abobo one a couple days ago and had fun.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Crotch Bat posted:

I just happened on the Abobo one a couple days ago and had fun.

I played it until Zelda level, got beaten by the boss and had to start the whole, lengthy level all over again. I couldn't be arsed to try again as the level was created as the longest, tedious labyrinth imaginable where you had to enter each of the dozens rooms to get to the end.

Joctan
Sep 2, 2011

Obeast posted:

Wow! I almost stop playing in the first level thinking it was only a double dragon parody.. it is now 3 am and just defeated little (big) mac, time to sleep :)

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

zari-gani posted:

Zari-Gani, next season's AD! :dance:

I would seriously flip out if that was true.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Nahxela posted:

Zari-Gani, next season's AD! :dance:

I would seriously flip out if that was true.

Being an AD seems like a pretty poo poo job, honestly. Remember Urakawa and his Adventure Island slog?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Tonight's episode of Game Center CX is brought to you by Domino's Pizza. When you want something vaguely resembling pizza, think of Domino's!

Which of course means it's time for Masked Ninja Hanamaru! Brought to you by the woman slated to be the next AD - zari-gani!

Unfortunately uploading to multiupload is down at the moment so I had to send it out to despoitfiles. It'll go to multiupload with the subtitle file once they're functioning correctly again.

Full Episode - http://depositfiles.com/files/8skjmp7rx

(And someone beat me to the AD joke while I was uploading. Oh well...)

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Why did you have to upload an episode right before I go to bed? :argh:

BAKOON
Feb 1, 2008

the fart doctor
Does anyone remember the episode where Arino beats the game before lunch time? Some side-scrolling action game, the episode hasn't been translated yet.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

BAKOON posted:

Does anyone remember the episode where Arino beats the game before lunch time? Some side-scrolling action game, the episode hasn't been translated yet.

Ahahahahah just watching the Adventure Island episode to see Arino spend 500 yen trying to win the 'Rei Ayanami in a Nightgown' figure. Really?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

BAKOON posted:

Ninja Spirit. Episode 112.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

BAKOON posted:

Random Stranger posted:

I thought his quickest challenge was Hi No Tori(6 Hours. I didn't know Ninja Spirit was done in about 2+ hours. But he played the game in PC Engine Mode. I don't have the Turbo Grafix version, but the Arcade version for PC from the Irem Arcade Collection. The Arcade version is much harder. You only get 1 hit per life. The PC Engine version gives you 5 hits per life.

Keyboard Kid
Sep 12, 2006

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't.

Random Stranger posted:

Full Episode - http://depositfiles.com/files/8skjmp7rx

(And someone beat me to the AD joke while I was uploading. Oh well...)

Will there be a sub file this time around?

Jimmy Colorado
Apr 16, 2010

Obeast posted:

This. Aside from "Mario vs. Airman", which is a one level Mario 1 romhack that takes place in Airman's stage in Mega Man 2, I imagine most "crossover" hacks are pretty lovely. I kinda wish that the guy who made it could make a full rom of the game so people could play it in any emulator (which would be really good for people with softmodded Wiis), or put it on a PowerPak or reproduction cart to play it on an actual NES.

On the Abobo page they have instructions on how to play with a gamepad/NES controller. It helps, of course, to actually have one you can plug into the USB port, but I'm playing Abobo right now, and their instructions were good enough.

joek0 posted:

I thought his quickest challenge was Hi No Tori(6 Hours. I didn't know Ninja Spirit was done in about 2+ hours. But he played the game in PC Engine Mode. I don't have the Turbo Grafix version, but the Arcade version for PC from the Irem Arcade Collection. The Arcade version is much harder. You only get 1 hit per life. The PC Engine version gives you 5 hits per life.

I know it wasn't his quickest challenge, but Arino completely smoked Battle Golfer Yui. We all know Arino has a knack for puzzle games, but does he also have an aptitude for sports games? I was watching him play a famicom baseball title, and while the computer smacked him around quite a bit (the computer cheats!!!), I was impressed with his pitching and fielding ability (hitting... not so much).

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

That's always surprised me, I got stuck the last stage for weeks.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Haha, I'm downloading at 65kb/s from depositfiles, is this just an Euro thing or are they this terrible?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Is this the game that ended up being turned into Yo Noid! for the US release? The boss battles look similar.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Holy poo poo, Yo Noid was (somehow) one of my favorite games as a kid, I rented it probbably dozens of times, and I think the furthest I made it was the big city. I remember finding out about warps in this game and being completely blown away. I am so excited to see what our spritehack was based off of :3

I know this gets said a lot but I don't think it gets said near enough: You people are amazing for doing this, thank you so much for the GCCX.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

the least weasel posted:

Haha, I'm downloading at 65kb/s from depositfiles, is this just an Euro thing or are they this terrible?

Nope, I'm having a garbage time with it. The download has frozen a ridiculous number of times. I've fully restarted it twice, and have had to pause and refresh the download about 10-12 times. It will get up to ~120kb/s and then just freeze out after a few minutes. I'll pause, it'll restart at like 24kb/s, work it's way super slowly back up to 120, and then freeze again. I've been trying to download this for the past 6 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

the least weasel posted:

That's what you'll get from most free file hosts, I'm getting somewhere between 50 kb/s and 100 kb/s. I'll mirror it once I have the file, assuming that's ok with Random Stranger.