Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

:science:
I think I've figured out the song they play when introducing games in the "Aces of Hardware won't appear" section.

It's 'O Sole Mio. Specifically this part:

quote:

Ma n'atu sole,
cchiù bello, oje ne'

But I don't know who sang it in this version.

They also had a remix of Vivaldi's Four Seasons - Spring playing during different parts of the same section.

At least for the Contra episode, I've yet to watch any more from that season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robodemon
Sep 14, 2008
It's:

zari-gani posted:

THE ACES OF HARDWARE WON'T APPEAR:
Candies "Heart no Ace ga Detekonai"

Isn't it? unless it's different in that episode.

The music list is in the OP

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

Long story short: Lots of work has been done already. More work needs to be done.

I have all kinds of excuses as to why it's taken this long, but most of them are terrible, so I'll spare you those. It should be out soon, for a given value of soon.

I guess I'm out of the loop, what are you talking about here?

Xik posted:

I remember the eps where Arino first started doing that. "I'm still waiting for someone to do a manga about me!" I guess Kibe took pity.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
They're also fond of using Bolero in segments like that.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Corridor posted:

I guess I'm out of the loop, what are you talking about here?

They're subtitling an episode from Arino's other comedian show, basically.

This specific one was requested by a couple of us here because Arino is cosplaying as Amuro, the main character from the original Gundam, and I guess most of us are giant nerds for that kind of stuff.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Davzz posted:

They're subtitling an episode from Arino's other comedian show, basically.

This specific one was requested by a couple of us here because Arino is cosplaying as Amuro, the main character from the original Gundam, and I guess most of us are giant nerds for that kind of stuff.

I'm a gigantic Downtown nerd and just the thought of them cosplaying with Arino makes me laugh. Hamada in particular is practically guaranteed to make you laugh in whatever he wears because of his gorilla face.

Pretty much if you put Downtown or Arino in something there's about a 99% chance I'll watch it so having them together is just :neckbeard: for me.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jan 25, 2012

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Crotch Bat posted:

I'm a gigantic Downtown nerd and just the thought of them cosplaying with Arino makes me laugh. Hamada in particular is practically guaranteed to make you laugh in whatever he wears because of his gorilla face.

Pretty much if you put Downtown or Arino in something there's about a 99% chance I'll watch it so having them together is just :neckbeard: for me.

I just started watching Downtown-related things through batsu games, so I'm excited for this too. :3:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

Hey now, it's not going to be that bad! I don't play on translating every single line of text. Unless you want me to.

If you did that then the episode wouldn't be released until after we finish the 24 hour challenge.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Robodemon posted:

It's:

Isn't it? unless it's different in that episode.

The music list is in the OP

That's what he plays on the radio at the start of the segment. The name of the segment is a play on words of that song.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Random Stranger posted:

If you did that then the episode wouldn't be released until after we finish the 24 hour challenge.

24 Hour Live Challenge confirmed for translation

Robodemon
Sep 14, 2008

AggressivelyStupid posted:

That's what he plays on the radio at the start of the segment. The name of the segment is a play on words of that song.

Ah OK, gotcha, now I get it. Good find.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Just started watching the show. I've only seen the Street Fighter 2 episode and I loved it. I wish he played more fighters. Going to watch Gargoyles quest 2 because I used to own that game when I was a child and I never got to far in it.

Lars Krimi
Jul 1, 2003

Mr Cynicism posted:

I wish he played more fighters.

Watching Arino spam projectiles for an hour straight is tough. Somehow against all odd it's still kind of entertaining though.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
I've binged through all the episodes of this show. For some reason I like the Tamage segments the most, it's just fun to see Arino go around and try to win cheap prizes from game machines.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Lars Krimi posted:

Watching Arino spam projectiles for an hour straight is tough. Somehow against all odd it's still kind of entertaining though.

It's great because the staff gets mad the longer he succeeds at it.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Kikka posted:

I've binged through all the episodes of this show. For some reason I like the Tamage segments the most, it's just fun to see Arino go around and try to win cheap prizes from game machines.

Tamage's my favourite too. And you get to see the staff a lot more. Sucks that they aren't in the DVDs.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Bocc Kob posted:

It's great because the staff gets mad the longer he succeeds at it.

Yoga Fiya!

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

Haruharuharuko posted:

Yoga Fiya!

I'm pretty sure we're all waiting with baited breath that in about fifteen years when he plays Street Fighter 4 we get to watch him win with Lariat spam instead.

Oooooryaaa!

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Corridor posted:

Tamage's my favourite too. And you get to see the staff a lot more. Sucks that they aren't in the DVDs.

I'm watching the Shadow Land episode right now - his interactions with kids during that segment is so cute.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
^^: haha I was about to post that. I love his interactions with the pink dress girly.

I've been trying to go in order because that's how I do things, I'm on episode 38 now, and it's been great seeing poor Inoue finally come out of his shell and get over his shyness. :3:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Corridor posted:

For what it's worth there are arcade segments on the DVD's, they're just not integrated with the challenges. They're separate features and aren't even necessarily the ones that were shown with the challenges on the disk.

However, you tamage fans might want to shut your eyes tomorrow...

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Random Stranger posted:

However, you tamage fans might want to shut your eyes tomorrow...

What does this mean? :ohdear:

Egregious
Oct 29, 2011
Given what GCCX celebrates or discusses, thought this would be an interesting link here:

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/115677-pac-man-is-np-hard-same-as-travelling-salesman-problem

quote:

An Italian researcher with a penchant for retro games — or perhaps just looking for an excuse to play games in the name of science! — has used computational complexity theory to decide, once and for all, just how hard video games are. In a truly epic undertaking, Giovanni Viglietta of the University of Pisa has worked out the theoretical difficulty of 13 old games, including Pac-Man, Doom, Lemmings, Prince of Persia, and Boulder Dash.

http://arxiv.org/abs/1201.4995

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Nickoten posted:

Sometimes episodes don't have tamage segments, I doubt it's that though.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Nickoten posted:

They found a game center/onsen that actually has the machines in the bath. Arino loses his towel at one point.

Man With Scissor
Mar 18, 2008

Kerfuffle posted:

I've been trying to go in order because that's how I do things, I'm on episode 38 now, and it's been great seeing poor Inoue finally come out of his shell and get over his shyness. :3:

Wait till you get to Nakayama. Pon-koron, pon-koron.

taopriest
Oct 25, 2011

"Games Are Like Baths, Without Them, We Would Get Sick" Igarashi Koji
Just watched the "Masked Ninja Hanamaru" episode. Altogether it was good. My favorite parts were these meet and greet segments. Arino is at his best dealing with people. :-)

Didn't know this ninja game before but this was kinda lame. x)

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Is Arino actually aware of the royalty characters that talk to him at the intro or the whole devil king saga thing?

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
"I'm going to throw a Ritzy party~" :laffo: I think his best jokes are during the Tamege.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Egregious posted:

Given what GCCX celebrates or discusses, thought this would be an interesting link here:

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/115677-pac-man-is-np-hard-same-as-travelling-salesman-problem

http://arxiv.org/abs/1201.4995

That article has it a bit wrong. He's not checking how hard games are to play as what you quoted implies; he's checking how computationally difficult they are to solve.

Speedrunners would probably appreciate his research a bit. A game that is NP-hard could be effectively impossible to find the optimal game play and consequently be more open to improving speedruns.

Bocc Kob posted:

Is Arino actually aware of the royalty characters that talk to him at the intro or the whole devil king saga thing?

He knows that Kibe has written some strange things for the royal family and they're all over the merchandise so he's certainly aware that they exist...

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Bocc Kob posted:

I think the only time he mentions them is at the beginning of one of the seasons. After an especially long scene involving the royal family in the intro, he says something like "Sorry for that, the staff loves to make up elaborate stories with them."

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Why do they keep featuring a lot of the same games in the "1985" etc segments? I swear I've seen Formation Z like 4 times by now.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Really? Speaking as someone who's translated a bunch of those, I don't remember any repeats. They go in chronological order.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

Really? Speaking as someone who's translated a bunch of those, I don't remember any repeats. They go in chronological order.

The first two seasons they selected a few games that were the highlight of a particular company's games rather than covering all the releases in chronological order. So while I don't remember any off hand it's possible that a repeat could turn up that way.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Ah that's right. That's why I don't remember any repeats -- they began going in chronological order starting from episode 12, which is the oldest episode I've translated so far. Whoops, upcoming release spoiler.

Incidentally those segments may be the least favorite ones for me to work on. The extra research slows me down a lot.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 28, 2012

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

Ah that's right. That's why I don't remember any repeats -- they began going in chronological order starting from episode 12, which is the oldest episode I've translated so far. Whoops, upcoming release spoiler.

Speaking of upcoming episode spoilers: that video really is cursed. I wound up having to re-render it because the program that processed the version that you had for translation screwed up some stuff big time due to some buried, autoset, very bad options. It made a lot of stuff a few frames off so I'm going back through and tweaking.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Bummer, man.

At least it's worth the effort.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

zari-gani posted:

I can't wait to see Arino try and Beat that game. ;)

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Mister Chief posted:

I can't wait to see Arino try and Beat that game. ;)

I spent like 5 minutes trying to make that pun before you posted it ahead of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Random Stranger posted:

The first two seasons they selected a few games that were the highlight of a particular company's games rather than covering all the releases in chronological order. So while I don't remember any off hand it's possible that a repeat could turn up that way.

It was originally shown in episode 2 of season 2 (Challenger) when they highlighted Jaleco games and then in episode 1 of season 3 (Kato-chan & Ken-chan) when they started doing the games of 1985.