Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
I also remember they showed the one where you have a car and can jump to move between different levels at least two times, but I couldn't name the episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Son Ryo posted:

I also remember they showed the one where you have a car and can jump to move between different levels at least two times, but I couldn't name the episodes.

I think they've shown City Connection at a game center and also as one of the showcase segments. It may well have been showcased twice, though.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
It's also appeared in Shocking MAX or whatever the segment is called

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
I think I also remember Metal Slug in one of the arcade segments.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I can't believe I missed that episode. :negative:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

City Connection is also one of the two bonus challenges in the just released DVD set.

zari-gani posted:

Wait, Arino played Metal Slug? Are you sure? :v:

Jolopy
Apr 7, 2004
Nyargh.

zari-gani posted:

I'm convinced. It's some sort of Japanese law to have one working Metal Slug machine per block in commercial areas.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Jolopy posted:

I'm convinced. It's some sort of Japanese law to have one working Metal Slug machine per block in commercial areas.

Hell I wouldve voted for that bill.

Primoman
Jan 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I suddenly really want Arino to play a Silent Hill game.

I have a feeling he'd freak out quite comically playing a game like that.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Primoman posted:

I suddenly really want Arino to play a Silent Hill game.

I have a feeling he'd freak out quite comically playing a game like that.

He's a RE/Biohazard fan so I honestly doubt it.

Good to know that we get more Takeshi Kitano stuff in the near future.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Random Stranger posted:

Wait, Arino played Metal Slug? Are you sure? :v:

He plays it in the USA Special with that nice arcade owner who speaks Japanese.

VVVVV Looks like that one flew right over my head :ohdear:

Xik fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jan 28, 2012

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Xik posted:

He plays it in the USA Special with that nice arcade owner who speaks Japanese.

He was being sarcastic...

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

redmercer posted:

They found a game center/onsen that actually has the machines in the bath. Arino loses his towel at one point.

I'm still :stare: from that episode of SMB3 where he takes Sasano and Toujima to the baths. They're all just sitting there, loving naked, with tiny towels over their junk. Sasano and Touji look so incredibly awkward and say nothing the whole time. How did he even convince them do to that...

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Corridor posted:

I'm still :stare: from that episode of SMB3 where he takes Sasano and Toujima to the baths. They're all just sitting there, loving naked, with tiny towels over their junk. Sasano and Touji look so incredibly awkward and say nothing the whole time. How did he even convince them do to that...

It's not a big deal at all in Japan, where bathing together is a common social thing to do. Seeing TV personalities nearly naked at an onsen on TV isn't entirely a rarity either.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
They're awkward because they're not on-air personalities and I'd guess in part to the senior/junior stuff as well. As zari said, the onsen stuff is perfectly natural and you will often see a bare rear end or accidentally even full frontal(covered of course by a little picture of the TV personality's face) when they show onsens on TV with the right group of people.

Can you imagine a hot spring any other way? We treat saunas and such the same, we just have bigger towels. You're not supposed to go into that wearing swim trunks or some other nonsense.

Really, if you watch enough Japanese comedy you'll just come to understand that they're much more at ease with nudity and you'll just see more of it.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jan 28, 2012

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

zari-gani posted:

It's not a big deal at all in Japan, where bathing together is a common social thing to do. Seeing TV personalities nearly naked at an onsen on TV isn't entirely a rarity either.

Speaking of which, it would have been very funny/awkward if they had tried to go to a bath house in San Francisco during the America special.

ponzicar fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jan 28, 2012

Kirall
May 5, 2008

Corridor posted:

That whole "aaaagh nudity" thing seems to be an American thing. I'm Finnish, and in here nudity isn't at all considered taboo. We go to the sauna naked, even with strangers of the opposite sex sometimes. Y'all are weird.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Kirall posted:

That whole "aaaagh nudity" thing seems to be an American thing. I'm Finnish, and in here nudity isn't at all considered taboo. We go to the sauna naked, even with strangers of the opposite sex sometimes. Y'all are weird.

It's the Puritan history. It's really dumb and backwards but what can you do. Every place has its pros and cons.

e: also I'm thoroughly amused by a Finnish person saying "y'all".

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jan 28, 2012

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Kirall posted:

I'm Australian.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Corridor posted:

I'm Australian.
You heard the person. Y'all. :colbert:

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Crotch Bat posted:

It's the Puritan history. It's really dumb and backwards but what can you do. Every place has its pros and cons.

e: also I'm thoroughly amused by a Finnish person saying "y'all".

Finland: the whitest country on earth. What up, bros?

Kirall
May 5, 2008

Corridor posted:

I'm Australian.

Ah! My bad! Dammit, I always ask people not to assume I'm American and now I have committed the same crime upon a fellow foreigner. Forgive me, y'all.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
The Sonic episode should be listed in the OP under episodes to watch. It has one of the best beginnings and endings, plus Arino clutching the walls at the AD's playing.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Corridor posted:

Sasano looks awkward 100% of the time, to be entirely fair.

Primoman
Jan 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
While I do realize it's pretty much pointless considering how old the games are, I was wondering if any HD episodes of this series exists, and if there are any plans to fansub them.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Okay, there's a lot going on today so keep up.

Top of the list is something new for the SA Team. It's our first DVD bonus episode: Bomberman. Featuring the greatest player in GCCX history, a huge cast, and multiple twist endings.

Bringing this challenge to you is the woman, the legend, the person behind the shocking announcement at the end of this post, zari-gani!

Item number two: multiupload is still not working correctly so I'm trying something new. I uploaded the video to DepositFiles to give people an easy option for access to it but I also created a torrent. The torrent contains the subtitles as well as the video. This is the first time I've done this so I'm not certain how well it's going to work but I thought it was worth a shot.

Direct Download - http://depositfiles.com/files/yvaqg339t
Torrent - http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=281310

Third and finally, as of today 50% of Game Center CX is translated. It's not all finished and ready for public consumption but there are translations for half of everything Game Center CX.

Primoman posted:

While I do realize it's pretty much pointless considering how old the games are, I was wondering if any HD episodes of this series exists, and if there are any plans to fansub them.

Most of season 9 and the early parts of season 10 exist in HD, but I haven't been able to find many others that are saved at an extremely high resolution.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 29, 2012

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Primoman posted:

The availability seems to be sparse but the Cannes Trip and Legacy of the Wizard eps are both in HD and I believe it's been said there's a few more out there being subbed(though this may be wrong).

It's basically dependent on whoever is capping the thing to do decide to want to do HD.

e: I'm heading out to dinner so I'll leave the torrent going and see what happens. Crawling right now.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 28, 2012

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Gonna go ahead and direct download this then seed the torrent. You people are amazing! Half of a series finished in less than a year, fuckin tireless. I've been wanting to see the Bomberman Episode for a while, I was totally not expecting it to show up so soon! (I figured Takeshi's Castle was next but this is way better!)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

Gonna go ahead and direct download this then seed the torrent. You people are amazing! Half of a series finished in less than a year, fuckin tireless. I've been wanting to see the Bomberman Episode for a while, I was totally not expecting it to show up so soon! (I figured Takeshi's Castle was next but this is way better!)

In fairness the SA team is responsible for around 60 releases. So it isn't just us that make up that figure.

Primoman
Jan 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Looking forward to all the stuff coming up. Keep up the good work.

Also, I just wanted to mention that I put up my list of games that I'm trading/selling in the SA mart thread, and I have Retro Game Challenge as one of the games that I want.

If anyone perhaps has a spare copy and is interested in what I'm offering, give me a holler.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

Definitely the way to go. I finish the DDL in about an hour but the torrent is only 10% done. On the plus side I've already uploaded about 500MB so I can really help get that thing going once I get a full copy to seed.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

Random Stranger posted:

Torrent - http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=281235

I jumped on this with a 100mbit seedbox, so once the file is downloaded, it'll be able to upload with a speed up to 10 mb/s to others. Sure that helps ;)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Yeah, right now the bottleneck for initially seeding the torrent is my slow upstream connection. It's part of the reason why I have been resistant to using torrents for distribution. We'll see how it works out when this is all over though...

Edit: It's a bit late now but I thought I'd mention it; apparently the Ohayocon anime convention is currently having a panel about Game Center CX. That's the first time I've heard of something like that happening...

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 29, 2012

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
You could upload it to YouTube or something and download it off there. The quality gets mangled, but the file ends up half the size. :v:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Bocc Kob posted:

You could upload it to YouTube or something and download it off there. The quality gets mangled, but the file ends up half the size. :v:

Or I can just re-render it at half resolution and one-quarter the bit rate to skip the middle man. :v:

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

I for one think we should just release it as a moving gif with a midi sythed version of the soundtrack released alongside it. We're looking at 20MB episodes here people!

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Random Stranger posted:

Yeah, right now the bottleneck for initially seeding the torrent is my slow upstream connection. It's part of the reason why I have been resistant to using torrents for distribution. We'll see how it works out when this is all over though...

It'll be tricky starting out, but once it gets going it'll be MUCH better, trust me.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Silentman0 posted:

It'll be tricky starting out, but once it gets going it'll be MUCH better, trust me.

Yeah, I know once I hit 100% transfer that everything will be peachy but that's a long haul.

Fortunately tomorrow's release is a smaller file.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Normally when I pull down torrents I share until I've hit a ratio of 3, but I've set this one to force-start so I'll keep sharing it for a day or two. I have a pretty big upward pipe, so that ought to help!