Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Max Awfuls posted:

So, how much money has Yamasaki taken from you?

in real terms, about £7. in theoretical terms, i dunno, like £50? duff man is a cautious cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Also is it just me or does almost every fight on the next FOX card set off your "absolutely do not bet on this" alarm? I can't even postulate a single totally sick parlay to narrowly lose right now.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I'd be pretty confident on Evans over Davis and Roller over Johnson

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
But don't bet on MMA

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I'm betting on Maia for sure. no "cred mining" either or whatever, I just think Maia is a cool dude with cool hair. Mayhem had the ugliest striking I've ever seen and he still wasn't that threatened by Bisping. Also Bisping hasn't had a real break from training/MMA since TUF started last fall but I have no idea if that will matter or not.

If I had to parlay I would do Rashad/Sonnen/Maia but I will probably straight bet Rashad, Munoz and Maia.

as far as the prelims go I will likely take George Roop over Cub Swanson and Evan Dunham over Nik Lentz.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich
sonnen opens as a -450 favorite over bisping :allears:

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
after last night i am now only 60p from where i started, if kamal shalorus were not so profoundly terrible i would have the princely sum of £2.90 as my career profit. having made -60p in a one month span, i can conclusively say that "don't bet on mma" is a terrible maxim as this is clearly a wise investment.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Chimney Sweeps Week posted:

after last night i am now only 60p from where i started, if kamal shalorus were not so profoundly terrible i would have the princely sum of £2.90 as my career profit. having made -60p in a one month span, i can conclusively say that "don't bet on mma" is a terrible maxim as this is clearly a wise investment.

it wont be long until you are making sure-thing bets to cover losses from other bets and then your tower of cards will fall when matt serra beats george st pierre

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

it wont be long until you are making sure-thing bets to cover losses from other bets and then your tower of cards will fall when matt serra beats george st pierre

Serra knocking out GSP at about +1100 back when MMA bookies didn't know what the gently caress got me loving paid in a big way.

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009
In non-plastic belt betting news, Michael Johnson is +190 despite the very real fact that Shane Roller's striking is putrid and his MMA wrestling isn't developed yet. Do the smart thing and bet all your money on Johnson.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Boregasm posted:

In non-plastic belt betting news, Michael Johnson is +190 despite the very real fact that Shane Roller's striking is putrid and his MMA wrestling isn't developed yet. Do the smart thing and bet all your money on Johnson.

Yeah. I was thinking the same.

The guys I'm running with tomorrow:

Demian Maia +120
George Roop +100 (homer bet)
Michael "the Count" Johnson +190

and then a few parlays with Chael Sonnen and Rashad Evans + other dudes because if either Chael or Rashad lose I will enjoy the fallout, especially if Bisping somehow earns a title shot. That is worth losing a few dollars.

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009

Boregasm posted:

If you aren't rolling around in cash like Scrooge McDuck you've got nobody to blame but yourself.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Boregasm posted:

If you aren't rolling around in cash like Scrooge McDuck you've got nobody to blame but yourself.

:hf:

we're cool dudes with cool picks.

now I wait for Demian Maia to make me very mad in a few hours.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Boregasm posted:

I won on this :h:

I'm on Maia and Rashad tonight. I got in on Rashad at -180 and he's up to -220 at my book currently.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I'm really amazed that Roop is somehow an underdog against Swanson

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

fatherdog posted:

I'm really amazed that Roop is somehow an underdog against Swanson

Me too, but the line has been moving to where Roop is finally the favorite (-115 to -110). Roop is by no means a lock, but like Duncan said he's quietly become a pretty decent fighter.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

mine has roop at -130 *shrug*

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009
Roop moved from +120 to -130 overnight.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

ForbiddenWonder posted:

mine has roop at -130 *shrug*

I got in on him at even money, but he's been as high as like 180+ on some sites.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
$10 wins $25 on my Weidman/Dunham/Sonnen/Evans parlay!

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009
Maia hosed up my parlay. I picked him because I expected Weidman to look like poo poo in the late rounds after cutting 32lbs in 11 days. Serves me right to root for a Brazilian.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Betting MMA is easy money and everyone should do it.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

urbancontra posted:

$10 wins $25 on my Weidman/Dunham/Sonnen/Evans parlay!

So what are you doing with your $25?

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

Remora posted:

So what are you doing with your $25?

keystone lights for everybody

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Degenerate gamblers take note: http://www.bestfightodds.com/

quote:

Rashad Evans +400
Jon Jones -600

Probably won't be a better time to put some money on YMMSRE if you are so inclined.

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 31, 2012

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

probably around fight night would be a better time.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
The most valuable line I see right now is in Meisha Tate @ +240 vs Rhonda Rousey @ -300. Rousey has had about 5 minutes total in the cage and Tate is a pretty good overall fighter with more MMA experience. What are your guys' thoughts?

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

seek help

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ninja PD posted:

The most valuable line I see right now is in Meisha Tate @ +240 vs Rhonda Rousey @ -300. Rousey has had about 5 minutes total in the cage and Tate is a pretty good overall fighter with more MMA experience. What are your guys' thoughts?

But Rousey knows JUDO!

That actually seems like a pretty good underdog bet.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah Ronda does Judo, Meisha is a wrestler. When has that ever worked out for the Judoka? Yeah, never (probably a couple times yeah okay but no)

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
I don't know much, but if this Axe Murderer guy gets to use his axe in the octagon then I don't see how he's an underdog.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Both fighters are full of holes, and neither has faced really tough competition. Those aren't terrible odds on what should be a pick 'em fight.

world b lee
Feb 1, 2006
Is it a frog? Is it a toad?
Anyone else like Big Country at +120 against Werdum? Seems like a wash on the ground and Werdum's reckless striking could get him in trouble against the more powerful puncher.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

world b lee posted:

Anyone else like Big Country at +120 against Werdum? Seems like a wash on the ground and Werdum's reckless striking could get him in trouble against the more powerful puncher.

Werdums gonna win yall

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Chemtrail Clem posted:

Werdums gonna win yall

*nods sagely*

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

world b lee posted:

Nelson only really has the edge in KO power. Werdum is better at everything else imo. Even if Nelson does land something, Werdum is hard as poo poo to finish. I think he will take the decision.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I don't think Werdum having better wrestling is at all obvious.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
The only safe bet for Nelson-Werdum is that it will be awful.

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Max Awfuls posted:

The only safe bet for Nelson-Werdum is that it will be awful.

theyre both pretty fearless and Nelson's standup isn't good enough to make Werdum shoot endlessly. it might be a sloppy fight but it probably won't be boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Wedding will offer side control and Roy will knock him out with a belly flop.

I am trying to avoid any bets until Edgar but Roy as a slight dog is tempting.