Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Bocc Kob posted:

You could upload it to YouTube or something and download it off there. The quality gets mangled, but the file ends up half the size. :v:

Don't do this.

I will gladly use torrents anyday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The torrent is working really well for me and I think you should use it as an option for all future releases if possible.

Hyper Big Breasts
May 14, 2006

I'm grabbing the direct dl, it's about a third done now. I can help with seeding too when it finishes. Least I can do to say thanks for the awesome subbing work!

Joshuadel
Sep 2, 2011

Drop in a token, look at a duck
Deposit Files worked like a charm for me last time around, but for this episode it's suggesting three days and change to download. Is it worth registering for a paid account, or should I just go torrent instead?

Thanks for all you do, subbers. We're lucky to have you.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The torrents seem like the best solution. Maybe sending the finished episode out to a small group of volunteers before releasing the torrent publicly would ease that initial bottleneck.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

ponzicar posted:

The torrents seem like the best solution. Maybe sending the finished episode out to a small group of volunteers before releasing the torrent publicly would ease that initial bottleneck.

This is the best plan, really. I don't have a box but I do have some nice upload speed so I'd happily join in on this to do my part in this project. Perhaps giving the group the DDL link a day before you plan to release the episode so that we have it and can instantly jump on the torrent when you post it and start seeding.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Okay, it's official. This episode is cursed. Cursed, cursed, cursed.

I just realized that a patch I made last night to fix some broken timing wound up breaking validated lines earlier in the video. Since no one has a copy yet I'm yanking and resetting things. :sigh:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

Okay, it's official. This episode is cursed. Cursed, cursed, cursed.

I just realized that a patch I made last night to fix some broken timing wound up breaking validated lines earlier in the video. Since no one has a copy yet I'm yanking and resetting things. :sigh:

The Bomberman episode is borked?

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

Mister Chief posted:

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the new release.

Also I'll be happy to help seeding with the 100mbit seedbox.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

Yes, for the first 95% of the episode the subtitles are about a third of a second off.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
...well, crap. Better shut the torrent down too, I guess.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Also, have you considered using http://www.mirrorcreator.com/ for now since multiupload is down? It uploads to DepositFiles as well.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Random Stranger posted:

Yes, for the first 95% of the episode the subtitles are about a third of a second off.

The second you posted that the download speeds rocketed. Theres like 5 seeds now. :(

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Okay, revised torrent is available at: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=281310

I'll fix the direct download once the seeding is going.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

The second you posted that the download speeds rocketed. Theres like 5 seeds now. :(

seeding (1363.0 kB/s) 2012.0%

oh well, time to feed the box the new torrent!

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
The original doesn't seem that bad to be honest. It's obviously a bit off, but it doesn't make it unwatchable at all, unless of course it gets worse after the first few minutes.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Random Stranger posted:

Okay, revised torrent is available at: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=281310

I'll fix the direct download once the seeding is going.

The video should be the same for both torrents right? All the seeds need is the new sub file.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

Also, have you considered using http://www.mirrorcreator.com/ for now since multiupload is down? It uploads to DepositFiles as well.

It looks like file size is capped at 500mb with that and only if you have a **PRO** account.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

uPen posted:

The video should be the same for both torrents right? All the seeds need is the new sub file.

Subs are hardcoded into the video.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
What's that you say, in less than five minutes the number of seeds jumped from 1 to 170?

Torrents! :allears:

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Grawl posted:

Subs are hardcoded into the video.

Ah I figured since the torrent has the sub file included they were not for this episode.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

It has a maximum file size of 200 MB which just is unworkable.

VarXX posted:

The original doesn't seem that bad to be honest. It's obviously a bit off, but it doesn't make it unwatchable at all, unless of course it gets worse after the first few minutes.

No, it could have been a lot worse. A third of a second off is hard to register which is how I missed the problem when I was doing my spot check for video issues after rendering. I'm sure that many people who get that version won't be bothered at all by the problems.

But I am bothered by them so I need to fix them.

Edit: The subs are hardcoded for easy of use and portability of the video. The sub file is there so that if someone just wants that they can take just that (though in this case you really need the full one even if you have the DVD. Trust me.)

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

That is a fantastic episode, it had me laughing way more than almost any other episode.

Thanks guys

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I just watched the initial upload of Bomberman and I did not really notice a problem with the timing of the subs. I found it watchable. I am still downloading the fixed version though. Great videos guys. I can't wait to see more DVD challenges.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Joshuadel posted:

Deposit Files worked like a charm for me last time around, but for this episode it's suggesting three days and change to download. Is it worth registering for a paid account, or should I just go torrent instead?

Thanks for all you do, subbers. We're lucky to have you.

It is not advisable to buy a premium account with any file hosting service right now! They're dropping like flies.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed
The new episode was great, it had a nicely different feel from the televised challenges. Seemed like they let Arino ramble about unrelated stuff a bit more here, which is nothing bad since he's, you know, a comedian. Torrent was a fine distribution method for me, I'll try to seed this and any future releases you provide a torrent for.

Related, I just ordered a copy of Retro Game Challenge from Amazon. Random Stranger mentioned this about a week back and there's still two or three copies available there for only fifteen bucks. Glad I could buy this new; I found out about the show so long after the game came out. Hopefully the game has some of the show's magic.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

ReWinter posted:

The new episode was great, it had a nicely different feel from the televised challenges. Seemed like they let Arino ramble about unrelated stuff a bit more here, which is nothing bad since he's, you know, a comedian. Torrent was a fine distribution method for me, I'll try to seed this and any future releases you provide a torrent for.

Related, I just ordered a copy of Retro Game Challenge from Amazon. Random Stranger mentioned this about a week back and there's still two or three copies available there for only fifteen bucks. Glad I could buy this new; I found out about the show so long after the game came out. Hopefully the game has some of the show's magic.

You will feel like you yourself are being held captive by some jerk forcing you to play outdated videogames. Its an AMAZING Arino simulation.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

You will feel like you yourself are being held captive by some jerk forcing you to play outdated videogames. Its an AMAZING Arino simulation.

I put down my DS to celebrate my victory and then the boss had a second form!

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Does the (fixed) version still have this atrocious interlacing? I'm guessing yes :(

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I'm not waiting another few hours to download a third version. :argh:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Nill posted:

Does the (fixed) version still have this atrocious interlacing? I'm guessing yes :(

Yes. The interlacing was in the original video and my attempts to patch that up (along with the microphone hiss in the conference room shots) did not have good results.

Like I said: that video was cursed.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 29, 2012

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
:lol:

The Goddess wordplay was pretty great.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
The torrent is great. Downloading at 1 mb/s? Hell yeah.

Anyhoo I tried to count the number of times Metal Slug has appeared on an arcade trip.

And this is just off the top of my head. I'm SURE there are like five more episodes with Metal Slug in it.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

Anyhoo I tried to count the number of times Metal Slug has appeared on an arcade trip.

And this is just off the top of my head. I'm SURE there are like five more episodes with Metal Slug in it.

When I was thinking about indexing the series I noticed that nearly every single arcade trip had a Metal Slug game. There's even a couple of times he plays it outside of one of those segments. I bet if we really get into it we can get the count over 30.

Also, FWIW I'm uploading the direct download version again at the moment since there's so many seeds of the new version out there that my weak connection has been tossed aside. Then I've got another video to upload as soon as that's done...

Edit: The first three episodes I checked (118, 119, and 120) all had Metal Slug in them. There is no escaping it.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jan 29, 2012

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
That episode... :stare:

The best episode. :aaaaa:

Skyelan
Sep 17, 2007

Oh my god that episode was the best

The rest was already great (GOD DAMMIT ARINO YOU LOST THE GODDESS AAAAUUUGGHHH), but all of us watching got psyched when multiplayer happened, and seriously that had every single element of a great bomberman match.

Self bombings, winning because everyone else hosed up, ganging up on the guy in the lead, someone loving you over just as you're excited that you masterfully hosed up someone else.. Fantastic.

:dance:

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
The last fourteen minutes or so of that episode with the multiplayer Bomberman tournament with the final match being Arino vs Toujima vs Kibe vs Abe vs Urakawa made my night. The rest was great and one of the best so far (big time thanks to the translation team of course), but the last fourteen minutes was a great way to end the episode. :)

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Who should I crush first?" :c00lbert:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

That's going to be quite a different experience from Bomberman...

It's funny with that segment. I wasn't aware it was on the DVD at all for quite a while. Then one night after wrapping up an episode I decided to watch the Bomberman challenge and said, "Wait a second... why are there two options for Bomberman?" There's a few more special segments on the DVDs that aren't bonus challenges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

speaking of minds! know what's on mine? murders.
That episode was great. Great humor, great gameplay, one of the best examples of why this show is amazing.