Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Hell yes. Are those Pug wheels?

This owns so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Just bought this beaut:

I think it weighs more than my truck.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

It'll probably outlast your truck, too.

lazer_chicken
May 14, 2009

PEW PEW ZAP ZAP
Yeah I know someone who hit a bear with a volvo of that vintage and the only damage was it knocked the grill out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's one of the cars I will own when I have a big enough yard. I'm just going to have the whole thing black-topped and turn it into a parking lot.

shoeish
Aug 26, 2004

Crustashio posted:

What did your time end up being?

Das Volk posted:

How many runs did you get, and what were the times? Also, why wait 8 months to post pictures? :)

I had 14 runs, my best was 3:31.8 factory stock (stock runflat Dunlops, too). Top speed of 131mph. This year I'm going with A6's, midpipe, downpipes, 100 octane, and a tune.

I was away from SA for a while, just rediscovered it.

sk8bored posted:

S260 final edition #18 of 25 in Matte black
Amazing.

Yeticopter
Nov 19, 2004

Everybody's favorite urban legend, now airborne.

chrisgt posted:

Dude, I love you. This is what AI is all about.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Yeticopter posted:

Dude, I love you. This is what AI is all about.

Thanks man! I absolutely love this car. It's a total shitpile, but I throw parts at it all the same.

Those two pictures were taken 1200 miles, and many adventures appart.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

lazer_chicken posted:

Yeah I know someone who hit a bear with a volvo of that vintage and the only damage was it knocked the grill out.

Over a decade ago my dad rear-ended a Grand Cherokee in his 240 during rush-hour traffic and did a couple thousand dollars worth of damage... to the Jeep. The Volvo only needed a new grille and headlight fixture, and the hood was so barely bent that he hammered and straightened it back by himself. I think he sold it at about 180,000 miles; it's probably still on the road somewhere.

Hermansen
Sep 2, 2006

Breaker, Breaker,
High Ball, Ten Ten,
Till We Do It Again,
Captain Slow.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Hermansen posted:

Which engine? 116d? 135i?

Throw us a bone, here.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

KozmoNaut posted:

Which engine? 116d? 135i?

Throw us a bone, here.

'08 BMW 118d M-sport. :tinfoil:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

chrisgt posted:

Thanks man! I absolutely love this car. It's a total shitpile, but I throw parts at it all the same.

Those two pictures were taken 1200 miles, and many adventures appart.

This is the best post. :allears:

Now I really miss the gently caress out of my 86 GL-10 turbo wagon.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
I have some more pictures of it..
Replacing front axles in a parking lot somewhere in Maryland, on a roadtrip from Maine to North Carolina.
It pissed me the gently caress off at 1AM when it seized up (yes, I had an axle seize). But the next day I rode my home made moped to napa and bought more axles. It wasn't so bad....
lovely picture, I wasn't in the mood for good pictures.

And it can bring my boat around so I can go sailing, best thing to do ever.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

MiniFoo posted:

Dedicated wheels for snow tires + RWD = never driving FWD in the winter ever again.

I always get a kick out of people that say "OMG your gonna die owning rear wheel drive cars". When people ride with me in snow in my BMW with dedicated winters on, they often say wow this car does great in the snow. They are really shocked when I tell them its rear wheel drive with winter tires. Plus the DTC is really awesome. Hell I was shocked even on ice as to how much proper tires make a difference.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

sk8bored posted:

Yeah, they do want quite a bit for them. I was able to bring them down on the price substantially. The future of lotus is pretty shaky but at least this model has been around long enough to have a decent after market unlike the new Evora.

Trade you cars for an afternoon at PIR/Grassvalley, or just for a ride, haha.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I always get a kick out of people that say "OMG your gonna die owning rear wheel drive cars". When people ride with me in snow in my BMW with dedicated winters on, they often say wow this car does great in the snow. They are really shocked when I tell them its rear wheel drive with winter tires. Plus the DTC is really awesome. Hell I was shocked even on ice as to how much proper tires make a difference.

Fun anecdote: one night I delivered pizza with the winter tires on, and it had been sunny and fairly warm during the day, so some of the snow had started melting. It started snowing pretty hard during my shift though, so I was excited to get a nice feel for what the tires could do. My very first run, I pulled up to the house and started getting out of my car with the guy's order, and I nearly fell straight onto my rear end. Underneath about two inches of powder was a goddamn skating rink of black ice, and I never even felt it when I was driving. I am a believer now.

It's also pretty great being able to out-accelerate any FWD car in winter conditions (and some AWD cars if they've got lovely all-seasons), especially in left-hand turn lanes. Other people's expressions are priceless.

illamint
Jun 26, 2005

According to The Oxford English Dictionary, the word "snapshot" was originally a hunting term.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Seriously, I took my 335i with Blizzak LM-60s out the other day in a lovely CT snowstorm with about 4-6" of snow on the ground and I was just blown away at how well it handled. I mean, sure, I'd rather have a Range Rover or something, but I felt better in my 335 than I ever did in my RAV 4 which only had all-seasons on.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Gods gift to ozone depletion, I present the smokin' Binder. Color: Burnished Gold.

1972 IHC 1110 4x4, 345 V8. Locking rear diff. (some rust).

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

My current car parked in front of my old car.

The little blue guy is a 1991 Honda Civic DX Hatchback. I drove it almost the entire time I was in college, I think that I started driving it in my the fall semester of my second year of college. I had a blast driving it, considering that it had no ABS, there were only to fan speeds, cold and freezing, and in the end both the driver's side and passenger side window were a pain in the rear end after to get back up after you rolled them down. I look back at it and really had a blast driving it, I always surprised people when I sped past them, because it seemed so slow and old.

My new car, the one parked in front of the Honda is a 2003 Acura CL Type-S 3.2. Going from the older Honda to this thing is like going from the country to the city. I brought it from a friend of my father's who was getting rid of it because he got a TL and supposedly he was having problems with it. I've been driving it since October and love it. It's fully loaded, sunroof, power everything, heated seats, in dash navigation and anything else you can think of that would come with it. The other thing that I love it about it is that it's so much more powerful than the 90 HP that the Honda had. Pulling into traffic does not require timing and negotiating a merge into traffic, now all that is involved is just making sure that my blind spot is clear. All we have to do with it is clean the interior, change the cabin filter, and get the car recleared, because the previous owner never waxed it and only took it to the car wash, and get the wheels fix or find a new set and it will be golden.

I'm going to be driving the Honda for a few days next week, because of the fact that CL is going the shop to get the leaky transmission that seems to be causing the sporadic problems that it's been having.

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I typed random avatar and this happened.
Cross posting from the Subaru thread - 2005 Legacy GT Limited, bone stock, around 60,000 miles. I love this car so much, is pretty much perfect: decent power, comfortable, looks presentable and if kept in check very reliable.

I MAY install a axel back exhaust and panel filter but hope to never deviate from the Lord's path and avoid the dark temptations of power (turbos, injectors, stage 2, etc).

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
My fly new ride.

07 550i.... loving sweet.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

BrokenKnucklez posted:

My fly new ride.

Pull further into the driveway, unless you want people brushing against it all of the time.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

BrokenKnucklez posted:

My fly new ride.

I could go for some engine pics if you have a chance. (Maybe in the BMW thread?)

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Europe only? For shame.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

BrokenKnucklez posted:

That is really loving sweet, congrats man!

Got my car all cleaned up, just so it can get dirty again.

SHAQ4PREZ
Dec 21, 2004

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Economy Car
New car showed up yesterday, can't wait for the weather to get better so I can start working on it!

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Beautiful. :allears:

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Snapped some pictures while I was out running errands today. I had a cooler location but some security dude came out and made me leave before I could get any good shots. :(

DSC_1241.jpg by PictoriousPhoto, on Flickr
(Yes, my wheel is curbed, was taking an exit ramp and forgot it had a high inside curb and bumped it. Replacement is being ordered soon)

DSC_1239.jpg by PictoriousPhoto, on Flickr

DSC_1237.jpg by PictoriousPhoto, on Flickr

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I typed random avatar and this happened.
Not all cars can rock blue rims, your s2000 most certainly can, it looks great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is that paint on the front splitter? That's hot as gently caress.

I loving love it.
VVVV

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It's vinyl.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
I think I like it, but I can't justify a reason for this, because I'm Swede-infected.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Ouhei posted:

Snapped some pictures while I was out running errands today. I had a cooler location but some security dude came out and made me leave before I could get any good shots. :(

DSC_1241.jpg by PictoriousPhoto, on Flickr
(Yes, my wheel is curbed, was taking an exit ramp and forgot it had a high inside curb and bumped it. Replacement is being ordered soon)

DSC_1239.jpg by PictoriousPhoto, on Flickr

DSC_1237.jpg by PictoriousPhoto, on Flickr

I want a black/black Miata specifically so I can make a poor mans version of your car. Love those wheels

Thehit
Apr 9, 2009
Entered the one car show per year I normally get peer pressured into entering.

Ignore the QR-code thing - it was part of the club display and came off straight after.

And then went racing the day after so it could get dirty again.

Thehit fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jan 29, 2012

Hermansen
Sep 2, 2006

Breaker, Breaker,
High Ball, Ten Ten,
Till We Do It Again,
Captain Slow.

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Someone's fiddled with its ECU, so it runs better than a 120d :)

177bhp and 350 NM of torque.

It's all I need in a daily driver, and I love it.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I washed the car (for once this winter) and took a picture...well, my friend took the picture.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.
Looks awesome. We went to the WV car show yesterday, and between the CTS-V wagon and the Ferrari FF, I was having fast wagon overload. It's a bummer Audi isn't participating in the US any more. :(

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Freshly washed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Wtf did you do in post to make it look like a render?!
How's it lit?