Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

"Do you know how rare it is to find a girl who genuinely honest-to-god absolutely loves it up the arse?"
What are the chances we'll see Nocturne ported/remade to the Vita?

Would be nice...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I finished the 8th day of the Naoya route in Overclocked.

That ending CG. Black Frost is the best.:allears:

I also beat Metatron in a single turn. The guy kept using Mazandyne too, which my MC and both demons in his party were immune to.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

jonjonaug posted:

I finished the 8th day of the Naoya route in Overclocked.

That ending CG. Black Frost is the best.:allears:

I also beat Metatron in a single turn. The guy kept using Mazandyne too, which my MC and both demons in his party were immune to.

Which ending did you get? Naoya's has two.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Which ending did you get? Naoya's has two.

The one where you protect humans. I'm going to replay for the other path too.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
So Devil Survivor 2 has the some drat irritating missions, and some 'awesome' one-hit KOs that will simply lose you a mission outright. The social aspect is pretty cool: spend time with people, warm up to them, and they get bonuses like resistances to certain elements and such.

I'm not that far in right now, but it seems like a pretty solid sequel. It's a little too similar to the first (at least, right now it is), but if you want more of that, then this is good for you so far. Going through the motions where everyone is, as always, all "omg demons we have to fight with them omg omg what ahhhh" is a little tiresome.

Except for these gravity-defying breasts that everyone seems to have.

Also, do not choose the female guide, unless you like, you know, like hearing about all that, like, rilly rilly [sic] annoying valley girl talk.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jan 30, 2012

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Morpheus posted:

So Devil Survivor 2 has the some drat irritating missions, and some 'awesome' one-hit KOs that will simply lose you a mission outright. The social aspect is pretty cool: spend time with people, warm up to them, and they get bonuses like resistances to certain elements and such.

I'm not that far in right now, but it seems like a pretty solid sequel. It's a little too similar to the first (at least, right now it is), but if you want more of that, then this is good for you so far. Going through the motions where everyone is, as always, all "omg demons we have to fight with them omg omg what ahhhh" is a little tiresome.

Except for these gravity-defying breasts that everyone seems to have.

Also, do not choose the female guide, unless you like, you know, like hearing about all that, like, rilly rilly [sic] annoying valley girl talk.

Is the game fully voiced like Overclocked? I realize it's a DS game, but they can't just go back and not do voices in the sequel.

Edit:\/\/ Well, that sucks. I might just hold out for an Overclocked version.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 30, 2012

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Dehry posted:

Is the game fully voiced like Overclocked? I realize it's a DS game, but they can't just go back and not do voices in the sequel.

Zero voices.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Morpheus posted:

Zero voices.

Good, the voices in Overclocked where god awful.

Not liking the sound of the one hit KO stuff though.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Morpheus posted:

Zero voices.

This is in fact a good thing.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Alteisen posted:

Not liking the sound of the one hit KO stuff though.

It's not a specific move that does one-hit KOs. It's just a sort-of-boss guy that you fight that has a move so powerful, it can kill you anything outright from full health. And of course at this point you don't have any resurrection spells.

(After going through battles and about four or five free battles, I was about level 8 by the time this battle rolls around. He is level 20, with some weaknesses and reduced health, but not reduced damage!)

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Are you sure you're not just insanely underleveled? Because that sounds miserable.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Schlegel Mach posted:

Are you sure you're not just insanely underleveled? Because that sounds miserable.

I am certainly not, I assure you. I went through a few free battles to skill crack, and I'm getting ~5 xp per group of enemies.

Bonus! This boss has an attack range of four, and you can't even damage him until you walk by him and get to a particular location. In that time there is a decent chance he will kill one or two of your demons. Also there are other enemy demons. Also if you lose a single ally it's game over. Also you only have three party members for this entire fight.

Knowing what I know now, it's likely I could beat him with a bit of luck, but it's really one of those battles where, if you don't know what's going to happen, you're outright hosed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Morpheus posted:

I am certainly not, I assure you. I went through a few free battles to skill crack, and I'm getting ~5 xp per group of enemies.

Bonus! This boss has an attack range of four, and you can't even damage him until you walk by him and get to a particular location. In that time there is a decent chance he will kill one or two of your demons. Also there are other enemy demons. Also if you lose a single ally it's game over. Also you only have three party members for this entire fight.

Knowing what I know now, it's likely I could beat him with a bit of luck, but it's really one of those battles where, if you don't know what's going to happen, you're outright hosed.

You activated the event trigger for this, right? He shouldn't be doing that level of damage if you did. Unless they changed something for the US release, hitting the event trigger reduces his damage massively, screws up his resistances and in general makes him very weak. There's no way he should still be doing that much damage to you after you've broken him in half.

This is the thing with the truck and the giant ice cream cone of death, right? Are you playing a legit version? Because there's supposedly an anti-piracy trigger in that fight which causes it to screw up.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 30, 2012

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

This is the thing with the truck and the giant ice cream cone of death, right? Are you playing a legit version? Because there's supposedly an anti-piracy trigger in that fight which causes it to screw up.

Review copy.

Yeah, I've hit the trigger, and he is weakened, and in a few attacks I can down him. Unfortunately, he's using Binary Fire, which does about 2/3rds of my characters' health, twice. So if I get unlucky, someone dies.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Morpheus posted:

Review copy.

Yeah, I've hit the trigger, and he is weakened, and in a few attacks I can down him. Unfortunately, he's using Binary Fire, which does about 2/3rds of my characters' health, twice. So if I get unlucky, someone dies.

Yeah, it sounds like you may want to contact Atlus. I think they may have borked the preview build so that the anti-piracy is trigger. My own copy isn't in yet but in the Japanese version, the trigger massively reduces the damage Dubhe does. Like, Binary Fire should be doing damage in the 30-range for a character who is weak to fire. (Which, to be fair, is like half your health at that point, but still.)

At least, if I'm understanding you correctly. The fact that you can take him down in a few turns is weird because... it should be either/or. I wonder what's up with that.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 30, 2012

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Morpheus posted:

Review copy.

Thanks for posting the mini-review here! It answered a lot of things I was curious about, but didn't want to go find for fear of spoilers. I'm interested in your whole review when it's done. Where do you publish them?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Catalina posted:

Thanks for posting the mini-review here! It answered a lot of things I was curious about, but didn't want to go find for fear of spoilers. I'm interested in your whole review when it's done. Where do you publish them?

I write as a hobby for a pretty small Canadian site, GamingExcellence.com. We don't get money, but we get games to review and access to some swank events, so it's fun to do on the side.

ImpAtom posted:

At least, if I'm understanding you correctly. The fact that you can take him down in a few turns is weird because... it should be either/or. I wonder what's up with that.

Well, I killed him the second time around (and now have access to the Cathedral of Shadows hurray!). It's really the fact that you don't know at all that you're supposed to defeat him the first time you go into the mission, so it's a mad dash for the end. The second time around I stayed out of his range, methodically took out the other demons, and then sprinted by him to trigger the event.

Not super hard this time (binary fire still took out a few demons, and against demons weak to fire with full health, did about 60 dmg per hit), but a poorly-designed mission.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So, this youtube channel has been floating around recently. I mean theres basically a 100% chance its just some fan hoax but if this was some big viral marketing thing, that'd be pretty awesome. Loving the theme they went with.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ATLUSxP5

e: Yeah listened to a few more songs, it's obviously a fake but goddamn if I didn't get my hopes up for a split second. :(

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 30, 2012

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So, this youtube channel has been floating around recently. I mean theres basically a 100% chance its just some fan hoax but if this was some big viral marketing thing, that'd be pretty awesome. Loving the theme they went with.

e: Yeah listened to a few more songs, it's obviously a fake but goddamn if I didn't get my hopes up for a split second. :(
Same here. It looks so legit!

Man I realize now that once Persona 5 comes out I'll probably have to buy a PS3.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Ibram Gaunt posted:

drat, all this has done is remind me that we still haven't had a single SMT game on the PS3.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Literally every video I clicked on had "Fan-made music" as the description.

Also, haha, CERO Z. Yeah, that'll happen.

e: The battle theme is actually awful enough that it almost sounds like something you'd hear in a modern Persona game. The vocals need to be like 30% more screechy and grating, though.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 30, 2012

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Cool little video describing Spell Names in Megami Tessei games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhzq...4yYApKhG19TSZ0I

Cheap Diner Coffee
Aug 7, 2010

Philistine.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The tracks I've listened to so far are pretty good. Not Meguro good, but catchy.

The pics just reignited the thought that an all or mostly adult persona 5 cast would own.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Cheap Diner Coffee posted:

The tracks I've listened to so far are pretty good. Not Meguro good, but catchy.

The pics just reignited the thought that an all or mostly adult persona 5 cast would own.

I would love it if Persona 5 went back to the adult cast that Persona 2 had, it would be soooo much better than 3 or 4. I'm also digging the font choice they have for the title in those fanmade music links.

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.
Though main cast for the first half of Persona 2 were teenagers? It's only because the second half focused around an adult character (Maya) that it had an adult cast - which was still a refreshing change, but just saying.

Kimitsu fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jan 31, 2012

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Kimitsu posted:

Though main case for the first half of Persona 2 were teenagers? It's only because the second half focused around an adult character (Maya) that it had an adult cast - which was still a refreshing change, but just saying.
I get the feeling that Catherine was sort of an experiment by Atlus that will payoff in Persona 5.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Azure_Horizon posted:

I would love it if Persona 5 went back to the adult cast that Persona 2 had, it would be soooo much better than 3 or 4. I'm also digging the font choice they have for the title in those fanmade music links.

I just hope we get SOMETHING innovative in it. Though i'm willing to bet it will be exactly the same as P3/4 in every single way.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The MC from Persona 3 died for us today. :cry:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

All of the new consoles are going to be announced/released this year and there still isn't even news of a SMT game for this generation. At this rate they're pulling a P4 where the game comes out so late in a system's life people have already moved on.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

LET'S GO RIDE BIKES

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Policenaut posted:

LET'S GO RIDE BIKES

Naoto, where did you get an Uzi?

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
I am in absolute love with the fan-made Persona 5 soundtrack. It's so good.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Megalixir posted:

I am in absolute love with the fan-made Persona 5 soundtrack. It's so good.

Really? It sounds almost impossibly bad to me. I do kinda like how they went with a black/white colorscheme for the mock artwork, though.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Axle_Stukov posted:

Naoto, where did you get an Uzi?
Gunstore
Or that basket

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Policenaut posted:

LET'S GO RIDE BIKES

Chie's "All right, let's do this poo poo! :black101:" look is killing me.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Technique posted:

Really? It sounds almost impossibly bad to me. I do kinda like how they went with a black/white colorscheme for the mock artwork, though.

Some are good, some are awful.

In my opinion-

Good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmBrbzgaivw

(Irritatingly) Bad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTHJhkpomtM

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Okay, after checking it out a bit more, it's not all bad. The fight theme still manages to be even more grating than Reach Out To The Truth, though.

e: Is there even any indication as to who made this? Because i'm warming up to a couple songs and they'd be neat to have if the artist has them up for DL somewhere.

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Feb 4, 2012

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Guess I have bad taste then. The fight theme is pretty much exactly what I would imagine Persona 5 to have. It's very Meguro-esque.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Doesn't really mesh with serious adult man in the art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Technique posted:

I think they should do that color scheme for the game itself. Perhaps a slicker black/white contrast than Mad World did.