Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Gutcruncher posted:

Whats that, Random Stranger? No new episode today? hahahahah HAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAH

Takeshi's Castle! Translated by Zari-gani and timed by Gutcruncher

http://depositfiles.com/files/1y3uzquq1
http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=281819

You beautiful bastards. This is one of my personal favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I've been looking forward to this episode for a long time. Thanks team.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
gently caress yeah Takeshi's Castle!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvIybNaWKjg

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Takeshi's Castle has my new favorite Tamage using the Devilman OP during its intro.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Silentman0 posted:

gently caress yeah Takeshi's Castle!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvIybNaWKjg

I miss MXC so much. :smith:

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
I was looking through the 24-hour Lemmings challenge and realized I miss Tsuruoka. I wish he was one of the many former ADs who make reappearances.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
This deluge is awesome, it has only been a few days and I'm already so far behind! Rock on this glorious team!

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

zari-gani posted:

I was looking through the 24-hour Lemmings challenge and realized I miss Tsuruoka. I wish he was one of the many former ADs who make reappearances.

Are you working on translating the recap? I'd really like to see that episode. Speaking of Lemmings, I'm surprised the Tricky challenge didn't show level 14:

The level is almost trivially easy, but I thought Arino would have some reaction to its style being such a stark contrast to the rest.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
Why did Arino ask that woman's cup size in the Ring Ring Tactics part of the last video? :psyduck:

Why did she even respond? :psyduck:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Grawl posted:

Why did Arino ask that woman's cup size in the Ring Ring Tactics part of the last video? :psyduck:

Because it was funny? :v:

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

RabidWeasel posted:

Because it was funny? :v:

I guess I'm missing the humour in asking a random woman for her cup size over the phone other than it being perverted and weird. Then again my nose doesn't spray blood when I see a woman, so what do I know.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Grawl posted:

I guess I'm missing the humour in asking a random woman for her cup size over the phone other than it being perverted and weird.

That's exactly the point. Perversions are often played up for comedic effect in Japanese comedy.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Kiranamos posted:

Someday I will see the episode where Arino challenges such "strange" Western games like Comix Zone. It must be really odd for him to play through that game left to right.

I'd like to second the call for Comix Zone. I watched the episode in Japanese and it looks like a good candidate. Its got action, puzzle solving, emotional attachment to rats ("Sanku you, Roadokillu."), and he manages to kill himself with explosives at least a dozen times.

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jan 31, 2012

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Grawl posted:

She knows the Kacho. :colbert:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I refuse to believe that anyone has ever beat Comix Zone, so watching Arino try will have no suspense.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

elf help book posted:

I refuse to believe that anyone has ever beat Comix Zone, so watching Arino try will have no suspense.

I don't want to spoil it too much, but you might be surprised.
It gets beaten twice actually. Arino manages to beat it but he let the girl drown, one of the ADs beats the game to show off the good ending.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Comix Zone?! ARGHHHHHHHHH

]

I feel bad for anyone who has to translate all those little text bubbles.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

Comix Zone?! ARGHHHHHHHHH

]

I feel bad for anyone who has to translate all those little text bubbles.

Oh god. Exactly how badly did they anime the game up for Japan?

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Grawl posted:

I dunno, I liked the part where he asked what celebrity she resembled, or animal.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Oh god. Exactly how badly did they anime the game up for Japan?

Graphics wise it looked identical to the North American version. They didn't give everyone anime eyes and bushy eyebrows unfortunately.

Manfrey
Sep 18, 2006

Frying high
Feering good
I don't know why, but hearing Arino say "Super Monkey Daibōken" makes me laugh every time.

Manfrey fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jan 31, 2012

Egregious
Oct 29, 2011

Mister Chief posted:

That's exactly the point. Perversions are often played up for comedic effect in Japanese comedy.

Personally I laughed in the one RRT segment where he says "Finally! A letter from a high school girl!"

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Grawl posted:

I guess I'm missing the humour in asking a random woman for her cup size over the phone other than it being perverted and weird. Then again my nose doesn't spray blood when I see a woman, so what do I know.

Arino is a giant perv whenever a woman shows up. I guess in Japan (and to SA nerds) its hilarious, I just kinda react with :stare: or a facepalm. That bit where he starts screaming MOE! MOE! MOE! to some poor girl at the Tokyo e3 equivalent was one of the worst.

Primoman
Jan 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I facepalmed when he gleefully purchased the Rei Ayanami doll with the exposed cleavage.

Asuka is far superior.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Primoman posted:

I facepalmed when he gleefully purchased the Rei Ayanami doll with the exposed cleavage.

Asuka is far superior.

I dont think hes ever been so gung-ho about winning any prize as he was about Pajama Time Rei Ayanami. He wasnt gonna leave without that loving thing, no matter how much money he would have to bum from the staff.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Corridor posted:

Arino is a giant perv whenever a woman shows up. I guess in Japan (and to SA nerds) its hilarious.

I'll be happy when people stop thinking Japan = perverts ALL OF THEM PERVERTS, no need to overreact. Also yeah how 'bout them SA nerds amirite.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Gutcruncher posted:

I dont think hes ever been so gung-ho about winning any prize as he was about Pajama Time Rei Ayanami. He wasnt gonna leave without that loving thing, no matter how much money he would have to bum from the staff.

What episode was this? I want to rewatch it.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Takeshi's Castle was pretty great, but I can see why that was the only real physical game they did for a challenge. I'm sure present day Arino would probably die after the first run of that game unless he's been working out (which I doubt). My favorite part had to be Arino's reaction to the game crediting Sasano for beating the game.

Anyways, thanks for the past few episodes, SAGCCX. You guys are total saviors to us non-Japanese speaking/reading goons. :)

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Lock posted:

I'll be happy when people stop thinking Japan = perverts ALL OF THEM PERVERTS, no need to overreact. Also yeah how 'bout them SA nerds amirite.

Maybe you missed the part where everyone else in this thread is saying they think it's loving hilarious, and also where various people have said that perviness is common in Japanese comedy.

But keep defending Japan's honour from ignorant fucks like me, champ.

e: Sorry, I'm crabby today. But come on, seriously. :(

Corridor fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jan 31, 2012

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Corridor posted:

Maybe you missed the part where everyone else in this thread is saying they think it's loving hilarious, and also where various people have said that perviness is common in Japanese comedy.

I'm sorry, I am too. I'm a bit sensitive about it the other way because I know tons of non-pervs over here; creepiness is no more the norm than back home in the States. The stereotype is just really starting to bug me; it feels like people are looking for any hint of deviance.

Lock fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jan 31, 2012

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
I've always just let it slide because he's a comedian and perverted humor isn't just isolated in Japan alone. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of him bullying his overweight female AD, as discussed in the previous thread, but him playfully asking over the phone what the girl looks like and her cup-size was more outlandishly creepy than cruel. That poo poo happens in the states, too; hell Howard Stern built his empire just by doing all of the above and then some.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Corridor posted:

No one is defending anything, no reason to take it personally. But blanket statements like, "Well I guess this is hilarious in Japan and to SA nerds," do a disservice to everyone.

Maybe--maybe--some people just have different ideas of what is funny and what isn't. I'd hate to think there's someone out there judging all Americans by the comedy stylings of Dane Cook.

Joctan
Sep 2, 2011
I think that the main reason Arino jokes like that is because people knows he is being silly and take their part in the joke. Stop being so sensitive about that

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Uh. Why is everyone jumping on me about this? It weirds me out that Arino periodically acts like a giant perv. Yes I know it's a joke. It's still kinda creepy. I can think these things and still enjoy the show.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Corridor posted:

Uh. Why is everyone jumping on me about this? It weirds me out that Arino periodically acts like a giant perv. Yes I know it's a joke. It's still kinda creepy. I can think these things and still enjoy the show.

Forget it, Corridor. It's Internettown.

Jimmy Colorado
Apr 16, 2010

Obeast posted:

Takeshi's Castle was pretty great, but I can see why that was the only real physical game they did for a challenge. I'm sure present day Arino would probably die after the first run of that game unless he's been working out (which I doubt). My favorite part had to be Arino's reaction to the game crediting Sasano for beating the game.

Anyways, thanks for the past few episodes, SAGCCX. You guys are total saviors to us non-Japanese speaking/reading goons. :)

For all the past discussions we've had with whether or not such and such episode is edited a certain way, or if Arino is really trying, this latest challenge there's not much room for debate!

For a relatively short, five-hour challenge, by the end Arino is hands-on-knees, huffing and puffing. What was most impressive to me was just how flush he was by the end. On the other hand, I guess they could have just had him run laps around the building... :haw:

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Because he's not perving and people are overreacting. You can think those things, be above the rabble of Internettown, and still be overreacting. And it's the generalizing statements that draw issue, not whether or not someone likes the guy.

I didn't find it pervy. It was said conversationally as a tossaway comment and he seemed as surprised to get an answer as anything. People know him as a comedian, especially people who write in to the show, so they know what to expect. But if you are someone who did find it crossing a line, ok, fair enough, people naturally react differently. Just don't say ONLY INTERNETTOWN NERDS WOULD FIND THAT FUNNY. I really couldn't care less if others like the guy or not, just stop being so judgmental in general.

Lock fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jan 31, 2012

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.

jyrque posted:

What episode was this? I want to rewatch it.

I think it was the Adventure Island episode.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

Lock posted:

Because he's not perving and people are overreacting. You can think those things, be above the rabble of Internettown, and still be overreacting. And it's the generalizing statements that draw issue, not whether or not someone likes the guy.

I didn't find it pervy. It was said conversationally as a tossaway comment and he seemed as surprised to get an answer as anything. People know him as a comedian, especially people who write in to the show, so they know what to expect. But if you are someone who did find it crossing a line, ok, fair enough, people naturally react differently. Just don't say ONLY INTERNETTOWN NERDS WOULD FIND THAT FUNNY. I really couldn't care less if others like the guy or not, just stop being so judgmental in general.

The guy went back on what he said and left it at "It weirds me out that Arino periodically acts like a giant perv. Yes I know it's a joke. It's still kinda creepy. I can think these things and still enjoy the show." and you still felt the need to get this defensive about it. Maybe think about that for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.
For my part, I read that bit as not really being so much "haha, look what a perv he's being". Rather, I figured the joke was that after going on about all the people who wrote in but don't have useful information and failing to get his call through, when he finally gets through to someone who could help him he decides to screw around asking random personal questions instead.

Explainin' comedy in this thread, whoo!

What really got me is her bizarre answer to the "who do you resemble" question. The game itself didn't grab me so much this episode but the tamage, Ring Ring Tactics and Arino/staff interplay were all great.