Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

when worlds collide posted:

I got one today and there was a single piece of tape on it, I think it was threatening to do the same thing.

Thank you Team Lunch! I love it! It's so weird to me that you and lamb both sent friendship bracelets, because I found a couple in my embroidery thread case and was going to send them out not a few days before we started to get the ones from you two. It's spooky and reminded me of those stories of women who all work in the same office ending up getting PMS at the same time and all that. I hope this does not constitute hive mind in any way.

(dude I am such a loving retard)

Anyway, I feel like a jerk, if you got a Valentine from me, be careful when opening. I stupidly put some heart confetti in some of the envelopes and I realized at a certain point that that poo poo is simply insidious. I really really regret it and I'm sorry! Be careful when opening envelopes from me. I'm still picking pieces of it out of the carpet and even my goddamn duvet. I didn't think it would be as loving evil as it turned out to be. :downs:

Aww, I'm sorry! I sent confetti in all of mine. It looked so pretty! I didn't realize it was such a pain in the butt, although it has taught me to open my goonmail over the table. Sorry, again.

I found some neat Valentines at the store today which I couldn't resist buying. They are incredibly dorky, and beg to be shared! So I think I'll be sending out another round soon.

Our mail doesn't get delivered til at least two in the afternoon for some reason, so I haven't yet received my goonentines for the day. So excited! :woop:

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Feb 1, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I found some neat Valentines at the store today which I couldn't resist buying. They are incredibly dorky, and beg to be shared! So I think I'll be sending out another round soon.

Our mail doesn't get delivered til at least two in the afternoon for some reason, so I haven't yet received my goonentines for the day. So excited! :woop:

I had found some more but I can't afford to send out another batch just yet so I'm going to have to pass on them. I have some pretty cards though to send out to ring in spring.

And our mail usually gets here around 10.30 :3:

SuzieMcAwesome
Jul 27, 2011

A lady should be two things, Classy and fabulous. Unfortunately, you my dear are neither.
Thank you so much Lamb I had SUCH a stressful day today and I was super psyched when I saw my goontine in the box!

Vixenella
Mar 24, 2009
I came home from work sick today but felt better when I saw Goon mail! Cardboard Robot & Famine Poodle you are the best! I had cards made for you already on my counter ready to go I just need to feel better to go to the Post Office.

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"
My hand hurts so bad from addressing 56 envelopes. :qq:

I need a hand massage. :qq:

THIS IS HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU ASSHOLES

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!
I'm putting together valentines, but who to choose? Hmm... A random picker to call up addresses from the master list might be fun, possibly being able to pick your desired country or all regions and draw from those results.

e: can't wait to get mine :)

Amarie fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Feb 1, 2012

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

What are you looking at? That's right, I got a valentine.

Thank you Thermophonic Joy!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

AuntBuck posted:

What are you looking at? That's right, I got a valentine.

Thank you Thermophonic Joy!

That is intolerable cuteness right there. I'm glad Ushi likes it!

My goonmail for the day was from cardboardRobot! Thank you very much! The chocolates were delicious, and I gobbled most of them up before I remembered I had to take a picture!

The fact that you have nuts and bolts stickers is hilarious. And your origami skills are amazing! Thanks a bunch!

edit: I hope no one objects to PETA stickers in their goonmail. I signed up for their newsletter as a teenager and through their tenacity and my own laziness, I still receive stuff from them from time to time. Some of it's cute, and some of it's obnoxious. Do with it as you will.

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Feb 1, 2012

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004
Went to my mailbox and had a Goon Mail explosion!

Sorry about the quality of the pictures. I dropped my phone the other day, and they've been coming out fuzzier than usual. :sigh:

Tragedy Sherbert crocheted a nifty little coffee cup warmer, which is very nice. Although the envelope looked like it had been tortured by the USPS, the postcard inside made it through just fine. Hooray for the Valentine's Turnip!

Received a cute Hello Kitty lollipop Valentine, puffy lime sticker, and an eraser from Aunt Buck. Thank you! :3:

Lamb sent a giant packet of all sorts of goodies, including a sweet little crocheted heart. There's also a cow in a sombrero, which I love. Yay, cows in silly hats!

Even more fun stuff from Team Lunch, including foamy stickers, bracelets, a paper airplane, and so many Valentines. I've never actually seen the hidden objects in any Magic Eye 3D image, no matter how many times I tried. Maybe I'm broken? :ohdear:

Suzie McAwesome sent me some adorable My Little Pony and hamster stickers along with a Fortune Teller/Cootie Catcher. I got "Let's Dance!", so I busted a move.

Got this hilarious creepy puppy-tine from Niemat, along with some Angry Birds and heart stickers. Great stuff!

Thanks a lot, everybody. I've been having a crummy time, lately, and this really perked me up. :)

Edit: Images removed

Pillory Soft fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 10, 2012

wildlifeatlas
Jun 25, 2010
Muppetines are going out today and I'm still taking requests, although I think I've only got one more of Beaker and Dr. Bunson Honeydew left.

DeYoung
Nov 22, 2003
What up ho?
I have been really bad about posting and thanking for all the goon mail I've received. So thanks to everyone and anyone who's contributed to this thread. Keep it going!

I have sent more goon mail out!

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Thanks to lamb and 13Pandora13 for the awesome explosion of Goontine goodies!

I will be taking that hug now, please :colbert:

Sasarella
Jul 5, 2004

Wholesome Sassy Sweetness
Thank you Becktastic!

It was very exciting opening up my mailbox and getting goon-mail from Becktastic! The kids were VERY excited by the stickers on the outside and inside!
Thank you so much!

Here is what she sent!

Sasarella fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 1, 2012

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

Ah, I got Lamb's valentine, i just left it where I forgot it. I'm apt to do that. But yay anyways!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

wildlifeatlas posted:

Muppetines are going out today and I'm still taking requests, although I think I've only got one more of Beaker and Dr. Bunson Honeydew left.

May I have one? I request any one that isn't Beaker and Dr. Bunson Honeydew! Beaker was always my favourite muppet, but I got that Valentine from Pillory Soft already.

:buddy: Thank you!

Also, you've got one from me headed your way. I thought it would've gotten there already!

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 1, 2012

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"
Eighteen cards going in the mail today! :toot:

I'm gonna stagger these so I won't be That Guy at the already beleaguered post office. Next twenty or so will go out tomorrow, methinks.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
Thanks Pillory Soft for the goontine! The dutch hex sign is awesome.

I'm thinking about sending out some Hobbit themed valentines too. Anybody up for some Smaug love?

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

Unexpected Road posted:

I'm thinking about sending out some Hobbit themed valentines too. Anybody up for some Smaug love?

Only heck yes!

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

wildlifeatlas posted:

Did you fall off the list? I can't find your address. (...Or am I just going insane?)

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Thank you to the Genesplicers, wow what a beautiful card! I'm hugely impressed (but not surprised, the name Genesplicer has come to mean quality, ho ho).

But for reals, it's gorgeous and I love the heart inside. Thanks :)

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Unexpected Road posted:

I'm reading The Hobbit over again, and it would be very fitting to receive a Hobbit themed Valentine if you feel like sending one my way!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
I can't wait until people start receiving their Venturetines.

:neckbeard:

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Also, I had an orange bracelet like that as a child which I wore on my ankle from when I was 9 to when I was around 22, when it eventually deteriorated too much to continue wearing. Where on earth did you get that and do you know how happy I am to have another one?! This is literally the best thing I've ever gotten since I was 9.

:aaa: woooooow! That's unreal! Same color, too! You're very welcome, Joy- wear it in good health! :)

when worlds collide posted:

It's so weird to me that you and lamb both sent friendship bracelets, because I found a couple in my embroidery thread case and was going to send them out not a few days before we started to get the ones from you two. It's spooky and reminded me of those stories of women who all work in the same office ending up getting PMS at the same time and all that. I hope this does not constitute hive mind in any way.

I was Lamb all along!

Wanted to report in on some cards I received:

Thermophonic Joy's handmade card arrived PACKED with goodies!

Hemlock sent me her own version of the GET OUT frog!

Thanks to both of you so much! :3:

Edit: unexpected Road please send me a hobbit card!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I'm reading The Hobbit over again, and it would be very fitting to receive a Hobbit themed Valentine if you feel like sending one my way!

Ohhh btw, I forgot to tell you that your card did not make my house into a glitter-site. It all stayed in the envelope until I shook it out to admire. I was utterly thrilled with all the wonderful stuff you sent me. :sun:

You will see what I meant about MY glittery hearts when you get your valentine. :( I haven't sent yours yet (you're so close it'll only take a couple of days to arrive, hence you and other Canadians are going out second batch) so I might actually put it in a little plastic bag just to save you the angst of trying to pick the stupid things up.

*edit- Does anyone have Comrade Koba's address? I got an xmas card a little while ago, no returning address and I'd like to send some Valenlove.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Feb 2, 2012

wildlifeatlas
Jun 25, 2010
Put me down for a Hobbit Valentine!

re-posting my address since it appears to have been lost....

Emily
2708 Park Row
Thunder Bay ON
P7C 1N5

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004

Unexpected Road posted:

I would truly enjoy some Smaug love. :swoon:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Team Lunch posted:

I was Lamb all along!

:ninja:

I have updated the list as of this post:
http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.html
Excel version: http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.xls

My mailbox overfloweth, so I have "thank you"s for:

Suzie McAwesome

Thain and Locutus of Bald (sorry, I ate the candy before I could take the picture)

Thermophonic Joy

Hemlock

Niemat and Team Lunch

Thank you all so much for the goodies, and kind words. Keep up the good work everyone!

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.
Niemat and lamb, thank you so much for the Goonentines :) there are a couple of cards I haven't opened yet but I'm excited.

Due to me being silly and time constraints being what they are (and money, of course), I'm running behind on doing my part. Valentines in March it is!

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
Received sweet goon cards from SA forums superstars 13Pandora13, Shoozy and Pillory Soft. Thanks very much! They are all adorning the freezer in my room, which I will take a picture of on the 14th (which, coincidentally, is the next time I'll have a camera that isn't awful).

Also, I'm glad everyone liked the cards I sent. I considered chocolate at first, but then I remembered my local post office turns the heat up way too high and it would likely melt.

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

OOPs, didn't put enough postage on. easily remedied.

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"

Amarie posted:

OOPs, didn't put enough postage on. easily remedied.

Speaking of postage...

I'm cutting down on the number of tchotchkes I include in my cards. A 20¢ surchage doesn't seem like a lot, but on 60+ cards...

I shall try to include better quality junk instead.

Siiiiiiigh.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
Repost from the Valentine thread:

quote:

I've sent out one already myself, but I thought I'd post my address after all.

Neil
Doolhofweg 14
8310, Brugge
Belgium

Preferably nothing NSFW as my dad will probably be the one to see it first. Other than that, surprise me, this is the first time I'm doing this.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
I bought bags of candy last night. Goontines are due to go out on Monday.

Bushwhacked
Oct 4, 2008

Ah-cha-ch-ch-cha-cha...
Got some more goon love, courtesy of GonzoRonin. To show my gratitude, I will be displaying the included :krad: temporary tattoo on my pasty arm for the remainder of the day! Thanks for the V/B-day card!

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
I got a doggie card from the Niemats

I'm glad you liked the stuff I sent, and to answer your question, yes we celebrate Valentines day in Chile (I say we, but this is actually the first valentine related anything I receive :unsmith:)

Devi Electro
Oct 13, 2008

Everything is lovely.
Well heck. Might as well repost my address here from the other thread:

"Devi Electro"
10218 Sunset Field
San Antonio, TX 78245

Please no NMS or NWS stuff. :shobon:

I'm currently working on some cards right now. Some are going to be pretty girly. :j:

Devi Electro fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Feb 4, 2012

Robyn
Nov 6, 2011
Hey, 20 inch, what country would that be? I need that for the address.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Appreciative as I am for all the mail I've gotten from this thread, I'm afraid it's rather all over the place at the moment (we're still unpacking) and I can't thank you all properly. :ohdear: So.. um. Thank you if you've sent me things! For a bit there I had a whole mantle full of holiday cards and it was delightful. I think most of the valentines ones are on my desk, but.. I.. I really don't know at this point.

Which brings me to another point.

SASS 2011 went off at just about the right time and the system was pretty drat stable. Tiaz deserves a pat on the back like he always does. But in 2012, things aren't quite as bright or happy. There were A LOT of deadbeats this year and there's very few santas. I know some folks stop reading the SASS threads after the holidays taper off, so I asked Lamb if I could post up in here.

This post says just how many santees we have needing a santa. This post right here gives you all the information I'd need to match you up with a deadbeatee if you'd like to help out. You're also welcome to enter into the second round of exchanging, but ultimately we need more santas than 'both'. :ohdearsass: We need US mailing santas more than international ones, but we'd be happy to take anybody.

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"
Count me in. Deadbeats can suck it.

Edit: Sent an e-mail.

Rufus En Fuego fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratescurvy
Jun 28, 2008
Jumping over from the Valentine Card Swap thread.... I did the trade Valentine gift deal last year and it was awesomely fun, so I'm in. Unlike last years it seems we aren't assigned a goon, so I'll pick a few of you at random. Lucky you(s)!

If any goon wants to send me stuff: I like cats, rats, tfr, bikes, vegan, eurotrash, anything perverted, fagoon, and anything just plain nerdy.

Walter M
931 1/2 W Sunnyside Ave #1W
Chicago, IL 60640

P.S. - I'm new to Chicago, when's the next Chicagoon-meet? Be mine.