Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Willie McCoy posted:

I thought he had them eat her because people who die to a wights touch attack come back as wights, so they ate her to prevent that from happening. Then he had the others eat themselves because he doesn't want to have to deal with a bunch of wights.

I'm going with All Of The Above. Killed her to preserve his secrets, had her eaten to keep her from being Wighted, had the Wights eat each other so that they couldn't be witnesses as to what Tsukiko discovered, had the last Wight consume himself in flame so that only a True Resurrection could bring her back...of which he's the only divine member of Team Evil powerful enough to cast, and so he can fake it not working to keep her forever dead.

Of course, I do wonder what line Redcloak's going to spin to keep Xykon from just coercing one of the lesser clerics, maybe even Jirix, into casting Speak With Dead, which is a much easier spell to cast...

Though it is having to cover loopholes like that has led Rich to move away from strict rules interpretations in favor of story based stuff in the first place.

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Feb 1, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

jng2058 posted:

Of course, I do wonder what line Redcloak's going to spin to keep Xykon from just coercing one of the lesser clerics, maybe even Jirix, into casting Speak With Dead, which is a much easier spell to cast...
In order to Speak With Dead, you first need access to The Dead, in a form where they can Speak

D20 SRD posted:

You can cast this spell on a corpse that has been deceased for any amount of time, but the body must be mostly intact to be able to respond. A damaged corpse may be able to give partial answers or partially correct answers, but it must at least have a mouth in order to speak at all.
Redcloak knew what he was doing.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

FMguru posted:

In order to Speak With Dead, you first need access to The Dead, in a form where they can Speak

Redcloak knew what he was doing.

You Rules Fu is strong! Well played.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Plus the strip has already done a speak-with-dead gag.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
I just noticed that this is the second strip titled "Loose Ends".
Guess Rich just forgot.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

As if Xykon would seriously care about *any* of his underlings enough to give them a True Resurrection.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
If Xykon just ends up going "Eh, fair enough" I am going to laugh and laugh and laugh.

It's really not out of the question for him.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
Oh, there's a little graph comic with every email after you put up a kickstarter contribution. Would anyone mind sharing the other e-mailed comics, I only managed to get the latest one. They don't count as a donation reword, do they? :v:

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Manyorcas posted:

Oh, there's a little graph comic with every email after you put up a kickstarter contribution. Would anyone mind sharing the other e-mailed comics, I only managed to get the latest one. They don't count as a donation reword, do they? :v:

They are all available here, just scroll down.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Wouldn't Tsukiko enjoy being surrounded by dead people and turn down the resurrection? I'm something like that will probably happen, as I don't think she's coming back.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Cliff Racer posted:

Wouldn't Tsukiko enjoy being surrounded by dead people and turn down the resurrection? I'm something like that will probably happen, as I don't think she's coming back.

She's probably not going to enjoy Hades or whatever the Neutral Evil (I'm guessing) afterlife is. Besides which, she seemed to like the undead because they didn't act like people and upset her, and all the lost souls in the underworld are very much people (or people in the process of turning into demons, who are even worse than people).

Zetetica
Jan 22, 2010
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/599092525/the-order-of-the-stick-reprint-drive/posts/169162

New rewards added. Wallpapers for all, and stickers and a notepad if you buy a book.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

God, just looking back at the response to this is almost enough to make a guy believe in the free market.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Cabbit posted:

God, just looking back at the response to this is almost enough to make a guy believe in the free market.

"Tim Buckley makes his living with the gaming webcomic Control+Alt+Del."

That should cure you.

sansuki
May 17, 2003

Nenonen posted:

That should cure you.

No need to be cruel about that :(

Can someone rewrite the donations levels to show what all you get at each level? I am super curious about getting a book AND A poo poo TON of other stuff.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

sansuki posted:

No need to be cruel about that :(

Can someone rewrite the donations levels to show what all you get at each level? I am super curious about getting a book AND A poo poo TON of other stuff.

- The Roy fridge magnet
- O'Chul story
- Julio Scoundrél story
- Dim Sun
- Sir Francois & Elan story
- (at 375k) Protagonist + Redcloak + Xykon stickers (for book/poster and higher donations)
- (at 387.5k) OotS Notepad (for book/poster and higher donations)
- 3x short stories about characters chosen by three large donors

Niton fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Feb 2, 2012

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Niton posted:

- The Roy fridge magnet
- O'Chul story
- Julio Scoundrél story
- Dim Sun
- Sir Francois & Elan story
- (at 375k) Protagonist + Redcloak + Xykon stickers
- (at 387.5k) OotS Notepad
- 3x short stories about characters chosen by three large donors

The stickers and notepad only happen if you're buying a book. A magnet alone won't get you them.

There's also another item he has planned for Mystery Prize 4, probably at 400,000 I guess?

Also as of this post we're at 373,448 soooo expect to have the stickers at least by morning.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Right, I had bought a book so I didn't even think about that. I'll edit the post to reflect it :downs:. It's still an absolutely fantastic deal, and because of that I would recommend that anyone who hasn't bought in definitely should.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Casao posted:

There's also another item he has planned for Mystery Prize 4, probably at 400,000 I guess?

Although I think he said he's planning to keep the prizes smaller and non-story from now on simply because if he doesn't the work will overwhelm the comic itself and slow it down.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

MikeJF posted:

Although I think he said he's planning to keep the prizes smaller and non-story from now on simply because if he doesn't the work will overwhelm the comic itself and slow it down.

Yeah, he's said anything else is Merchandising, and he's mostly working to figure out which of his ideas will be viable and which won't.

BTW, passed 375k so stickers!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm really hoping for OOTS dice right now. That would make my day millennium.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
All of these extra little merchandise prizes just make the purchase of a book or above so much better, especially if like me you're buying them as a gift for someone else! Given the number of notebooks I go through, though, I suspect it'll be heard to wrap up the OOTS one.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Yeah, I just bumped my pledge up from the basic $10 to the Full Colour option. I'm paying slightly more for getting the books as rewards than if I waited for them to come back in stock on ookoodook when the drive ends, but the extra merch makes it worth it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Nenonen posted:

That should cure you.
Buckley's kickstarter raised $150.20.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
Surpassed the goals for reprinting everything when it runs out (and pushed the series to the 6th most-funded). HP pads for everyone! Rich is going to have to find a new carrot.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

The guy is gonna need a kickstarter to fund the logistics of shipping out his kickstarter incentives, goddamn.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

CapnAndy posted:

$150 most likely from himself, .20 from goons.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

CapnAndy posted:

Do you have a link to this, so I can laugh? My google-fu is weak, and failing me.

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

Casao posted:

The stickers and notepad only happen if you're buying a book. A magnet alone won't get you them.

Also as of this post we're at 373,448 soooo expect to have the stickers at least by morning.

Thanks for posting this. I only gave a cursory read of the update and thought that those were $10 bonuses. Now that I know they're not, I bumped my pledge up to get a copy of Start of Darkness on top of everything else.

Choc
Dec 1, 2005

I hate LOVE the SA purchase system
I think Redcloak will just blame the whole resistance getting the Phylactery debacle on Tsukiko. After all she has form as turncoat as that's how she joined them in the first place.
Xykon does not actually CARE about her. He would only be annoyed because she is useful to him. If Redcloak can negate that then he is home free.
All he needs to do is say he tracked her to the Resistance HQ and found her handing over the Phylactery to them, slaughtered the whole lot of them and blew the place up.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
Honestly, Redcloak could just say "she spilled the beans about her researching the divine half of the ritual so I killed her to avoid becoming expendable in your eyes" and Xykon would probably just react "Fair play old chap."

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Buane posted:

Honestly, Redcloak could just say "she spilled the beans about her researching the divine half of the ritual so I killed her to avoid becoming expendable in your eyes" and Xykon would probably just react "Fair play old chap."

He'd understand the sentiment of killing someone to keep your position secure, at least.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Shugojin posted:

He'd understand the sentiment of killing someone to keep your position secure, at least.

(Start of Darkness spoilers below)

It also repeats Redcloak's narrative in a way, because this wouldn't be the first time he killed an ally who changed their mind about him.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

oobey posted:

Do you have a link to this, so I can laugh? My google-fu is weak, and failing me.

Can't find a link but it wasn't a Kickstarter: it was a ChipIn donate button on the website for his wannabe PAX convention. Not for any reward, just to be clear: he had the gall to charge a :cadfan: however much for a pass, then wanted more money on top (presumably for some steak, or a pair of trousers).

The total got to about $150 and then didn't move for a while. Accordingly, a number of goons (myself included) put in pennies to find out if it was still working, and not just broken. It was working fine, but no one cared enough about him fund it.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

fallingdownjoe posted:

Can't find a link but it wasn't a Kickstarter: it was a ChipIn donate button on the website for his wannabe PAX convention. Not for any reward, just to be clear: he had the gall to charge a :cadfan: however much for a pass, then wanted more money on top (presumably for some steak, or a pair of trousers).

The total got to about $150 and then didn't move for a while. Accordingly, a number of goons (myself included) put in pennies to find out if it was still working, and not just broken. It was working fine, but no one cared enough about him fund it.
Courtesy of the CAD Mock Thread:

It's still there, taunting him.

Meanwhile, the OotS Kickstarter just broke $400,000.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

DaveWoo posted:

I really would not be surprised at all if that $150 was him trying to boost his ego.

So, do you think the Kickstarter madness is going to keep there from being a regular update for a while? It seems likely.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Colon V posted:

So, do you think the Kickstarter madness is going to keep there from being a regular update for a while? It seems likely.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, myself. With all the bonus stuff, it might be months before we get a new comic :ohdear:

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, myself. With all the bonus stuff, it might be months before we get a new comic :ohdear:

Well he specifically said no more new stories in the bonus pdf because it would mess with the regular comic, so I think it will be all right. Can't be too long before his end of plot section break either, can it?

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

Considering he's already put out two regular pages and one triple-sized page since it started, I wouldn't worry anymore than usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

DaveWoo posted:

Amazing, simply amazing.